18 Different

Complex Simplicity
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I stare at the picture of me and Sora together which I use as my phone wallpaper. The picture is taken on my birthday on the rooftop.
 
Headache is still torturing me slowly. I curse myself mentally because I drank too much last night; something I should never do.
 
Now I'm feeling like the biggest fool in the world for keeping things from Sora.
 
If the members asked me about where I was last night, what should I say to them?
 
If Sora asked me why I stayed in her apartment last night, what should I tell her?
 
I'm really thankful that there is nothing happened between me and Bomi though. My heart almost stopped beating when she said that she wasn't going to tell anyone about what happened last night.
 
Bomi finally explained everything to me after I demanded her to tell me what I've done yesterday, after I bumped onto her accidentally.
 
All I remember is I thought I heard Sora's voice last night but in fact it's Bomi; the alcohol made me hallucinated that Bomi was Sora. Bomi tried to help me back to the party but I insisted that I wanted to return with her.
 
Bomi told me that I didn't want to return to my apartment. I wanted us to go to Sora's apartment, possibly because I thought the one who was with me was Sora.
 
Using the spare key that Sora gave to me, I dragged Bomi into Sora's apartment. Losing my consciousness, I started to kiss Bomi, leading her to the bedroom. She tried to stop me but I was too strong for her, she said.
 
After we laid down on the bed, I took off my shirt and suddenly the alcohol inside of me started to make me feel dizzy. I was really embarassed when Bomi told me that I vomited on her, making her clothes to be completely dirty.
 
I am the one who told her to wear my extra shirt that I put in the other room. She then changed the bed sheet with a new one before I finally dozed off to sleep. Bomi then slept in another room, didn't want to disturb my sleep.
 
That's what happened last night. I am really embarassed that I vomited in front of a girl but at the same time I feel grateful that I didn't do a single thing with Bomi other than kisses; things could be worse.
 
What was I thinking last night? Drunk, mistaken Sora with Bomi, vomited on Bomi.
 
God only knows what I would do if the embarassing incident didn't happen.
 
I apologized continuously to Bomi, feeling extremely stupid and guilty. She kept assuring me that she would keep it as secret since she could understand that alcohol was taking over me. She even helped me, telling me that she had put my shirt in a plastic bag so I could have it clean.
 
After she left the apartment, I stayed in the other room, trying to get rid of the alcohol smell and returning my sense. I couldn't help myself to think about what kind of excuse I would give to Sora.
 
When I noticed Sora had returned to her room and took a shower, I felt the guilty feeling rushed inside of me. The moment she touched my cheek, I felt like I needed to apologize to her but I couldn't find a word to say.
 
Instead of thinking the proper apology, I kissed her, wanting to help myself from the mistake I've done of kissing Bomi last night. I guess I went over board because Sora was really shocked because of my aggresive gestures.
 
She left again and I let loneliness engulfed me as time went by. I realized I must explain to her by myself before she receive another blurry information and misunderstanding will ruin our relationship again.
 
Sora will be really mad at me, I know, but I don't want to lie. She will find out one day and things can be worse.
 
My thought is interrupted by the sound of someone enters the room. I turn around and stand up from the sofa only to find Sora and Yonghwa together. Yonghwa is holding her hand and he doesn't let it go even though they have seen me.
 
Jealously fills my heart once I see them together. Sora is drenched because of the rain, biting her bottom lip while Yonghwa looks at me without hesitation, not letting go of her hand.
 
No, I can't snap at her now. Maybe Yonghwa is just helping her after she is caught in the middle of the rain. I can't be jealous so easily, right?
 
"Yoseob, I-" Sora gives me another apologetic face and I quickly stops her words; I don't want her to think I will be mad at her.
 
"I know. It's alright," I force an awkward smile, keep telling myself that Sora is not going to cheat on me. "I won't be mad at you, Sora."
 
"Eh?" she looks at me with disbelief. "Are you sure you know what I want to talk about?"
 
Of course I know. It happened before and I know I must believe her. Despite the fact that I want to scold her for being together with Yonghwa like this, I don't want misunderstanding to increase again.
 
"Ne," I nod reluctantly. "Yonghwa is a nice guy so... Well, I'm alright with it."
 
Yonghwa is indeed a nice person so he must be helping Sora, right? There's nothing wrong with a friend helping his partner, isn't it?
 
"Yoseob, are you sure?" Yonghwa loosens his grip on Sora, looking at me with confusion. "I will explain to you so-"
 
"I'm okay. Really," I state it once again. Why can't they believe me? Is it that obvious I turn jealous easily? "I will try to understand."
 
For my surprise, a tear rolls down on Sora's cheek.
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
I do hope that I can settle my feeling after talking to Yoseob but I can't believe Yoseob gives out such a clear statement that he is alright with me and Sora together like this.
 
Sora, in the other hand, is completely shocked with Yoseob's statement. She starts to cry when Yoseob tells us that he will try to understand.
 
She looks away from me and Yoseob, hiding her face with her long hair. For seconds, I stun on my feet, don't know what I should do and I think Yoseob feels the same because he freezes on his stand.
 
"Can you two just leave me alone?" Sora asks after taking a really deep breathe. "I need to rest."
 
"Sora...," I mutter her name but she keeps avoiding my eyes.
 
"Please...," she whispers and I know she is going to cry again.
 
"W-What's wrong, Sora?" Yoseob finally moves and approaches her. "I told you that I'm not mad at you. Really. I got it."
 
"I don't want to talk now," Sora takes a step backward from Yoseob. "Please, leave me alone. I want to rest."
 
"Change your clothes before you sleep, okay?" I remind her, feeling worried about her but I can't force to stay with her. "You need to-"
 
"Please," Sora hisses, gritting her teeth. "Leave. Now."
 
"Sora, are you alright?" Yoseob her cheek but Sora tosses his hand away weakly.
 
"We'll talk later," Yoseob mumbles with a smile. "You must be really tired, right? Call me if you feel better."
 
I leave her apartment with Yoseob in silence. We can hear the clicked sound, a sign that Sora locks her room as soon as we leave.
 
"Yoseob," I call him when he is walking away. "I don't want to see Sora hurt herself."
 
"Me neither," Yoseob turns away to face me. "Thank you, Yonghwa, for taking care of Sora."
 
Why does Yoseob let go of her this easy? Don't tell me he doesn't get what Sora and I are talking about?
 
"Wait a minute," I frown, having my brain to work quickly. "What do you think we're going to say to you?"
 
"Eh?" Yoseob blinks, looking at me with confusion. No hint of anger or sadness on his face. This is not right.
 
"I love Sora," I spill it out to him and he gives me a completely shock expression.
 
I'm right. What he's thinking is different from what Sora's trying to say.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I walk to my room, dragging my feet with sorrow fills my heart. I feel so tired that I just want to sleep until tomorrow morning.

Stepping inside my room to grab new and warm clothes, I still can't believe Yoseob really thinks that it's alright if I'm with Yonghwa. What happened last night until he changed his mind so easily?
 
My phone vibrates and I take it to check the new message from Gikwang. I've been texting him even before I met my client and my curiosity started to grow after his second text message.
 
"Is Yoseob with you?"
 
"I just returned to my apartment. Isn't he sleeping?"
 
"He didn't return to the apartment last night. He said he would be with you."
 
"I met him. He stayed in my place."
 
"Is he alone? He said that you're with him because he's drunk."
 
I lower my phone and look around my room. I finally notice what makes this room feel different; my bed sheet should be white, not maroon like now. Someone changed it.
 
Why?
 
Yoseob was drunk last night? Why did he tell Gikwang that he's with me?
 
Did he mistaken me with someone else? Wait, doesn't it mean he's with someone else here?
 
I stand up and check across the room. I notice something is hidden under my bed. I pull it out slowly.
 
It's a white cardigan. I think I've seen someone wore this cardigan... but where did I see it?
 
A picture on Twitter.
 
I grab my phone and open my Twitter, reading my timeline from yesterday. I stop on Doojoon's tweet where he attached a picture of CUBE Entertainment artists together.
 
There. The girl who wears the exactly same white cardigan is standing next to Dongwoon.
 
It's Bomi.
 
Yoseob was with her last night?

In my room?

Photobucket