16 Force

Complex Simplicity
[Sora's POV]
 
I feel something is vibrating next to me. I notice that it's a phone call and I quickly return to my sense. I rub my eyes and gather my consciousness.
 
How long have I been sleeping?
 
Not to mention that I'm not in my own room.
 
Ah, right, I'm in Yonghwa's room. I was copying the pictures from my camera to Yonghwa's notebook. When I was waiting, I laid down just because I wanted to feel a little bit more comfortable but I guess I fell asleep because I was too sleepy.
 
I stand up and take my phone that I put next to Yonghwa's notebook.
 
Lucky me I only fell asleep for an hour. I still have time to do my other tasks now.
 
There are four missed calls from my sister, Junhyung, Gikwang, and my client who I will meet tonight.
 
I send each of them a text message, asking them why they called me, except for my client. I immediately call her back and she tells me that she wants to reschedule our meeting.
 
She asks me to meet her in her office in one hour because she has another schedule tonight. I agree with her and tell her I will be there in an hour.
 
After gathering all my stuff, I step out from Yonghwa's room. I want to excuse myself and return to my own apartment so I can get ready to sort all pictures then meet my client.
 
"Yonghwa?" I call a name but no one replies me. I close the door and try to find someone in the main room.
 
Yonghwa is sleeping on the sofa, using his guitar to support his head from banging to the sofa. I guess he fell asleep because I used his bed.
 
I stare at his face for seconds and I don't know why, I smile when I see his sleeping face. Unfortunately I need to wake him up; I can't let him sleep here like this.
 
"Yonghwa?" I take a seat next to the guitar and try to take the guitar from him but he doesn't wake up. Instead of waking up from his sleep, his head falls on my shoulder.
 
"Y-Yah!" I stammer because of the sudden movement yet he still hasn't opened his eyes. I bite my bottom lip, feeling nervous all of a sudden.
 
My lips touch his hair and I can feel his cologne because of our close distance. Blood rushes to my rain with quick speed, making me to hold my breath to control my heartbeat.
 
Why don't I feel uncomfortable having a guy sleep next to me like this? What is wrong with me?
 
"Yonghwa...," I murmur his name as I use my finger to move his bangs slowly. "Can you stop making my heart beats faster like this?"
 
For my surprise, he replies my rhetorical question, "Is it true?"
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
Since I didn't want to disturb Sora's sleep, I decided to wait for her in the main room, trying to inspire myself with a guitar. Minhyuk and Jonghyun are heading out to find something to eat while Jungshin is sleeping in his own room.
 
I don't know when I started to fall asleep, hugging my guitar. I gained my consciousness when Sora took my guitar away from me but something in my mind told me to pretend as if I was sleeping.
 
She lets me rest my head on her shoulder. My right hand brushes her left hand but she doesn't pull away.
 
"Yonghwa...," she suddenly speaks out my name, making my heart to beat even faster. "Can you stop making my heart beats faster like this?"
 
Before I can even stop myself, I open my mouth and ask her back, "Is it true?"
 
I open my eyes and straighten my body, looking at her eyes, "Is it true that your heart beats faster?"
 
"You're not sleeping?" she blinks in confusion but her cheeks are obviously blushing. She shifts backwards and stammers, "I-I'm leaving then..."
 
"Sora," I grab her wrist until she sits back again on the sofa. She loses her balance and falls backwards, pulling me down with her.
 
While she is laying down on the sofa, I am right on top of her. Our faces are only inches away; I can even feel her breath. I use both of my arms to stop my body from pressing hers.
 
"Y-Yonghwa...," she bites her bottom lip, placing both of her palms on my chest but she doesn't push me away. "I-I need to go back now..."
 
"Does your heart beat faster now?" I ask her, ignoring her words. I caress her left cheek with my right hand, feeling the warmth of her skin.
 
She doesn't answer but I can see her eyes widen because of my question. I brush her lips with my finger, "Can we not count the accident happened in the elevator that day?"
 
Sora clutches my shirt when I close the gap between us with a kiss.
 
I cup her left cheek while our lips meet, deepening the kiss we share together this time.
 
Suddenly Jungshin steps out from his room, rubbing his eyes to gain his focus back. I quickly part the kiss and sit back on the proper position. Sora does the same, covering with her right hand.
 
Jungshin doesn't notice our presence. He just walks to the kitchen and drinks a glass of water before returns to his room again, closing the door behind him.
 
Looks like, thankfully, he is half-asleep.
 
"I'm going back now...," Sora breaks the awkward silence between us. "I need to meet my client in an hour..."
 
She stands up and takes her luggage with her. She avoids my eyes and walks pass me, heading to the door in silence.
 
"I'll drive you to meet your client," I finally say something to her when she has opened the door. "I don't have another schedule today so..."
 
She looks at me with unpredictable expression. I hold my breath, feeling nervous for no specific reason.
 
"I will leave in thirty minutes," she mumbles slowly. "Is it alright?"
 
I don't know what word can explain my feeling right now because she doesn't refuse my offer.
 
"Sure," I smile widely to her. "I'll see you in thirty minutes then."
 
She gives me a slight nod and leaves my apartment, heading back to hers. I can't stop smiling, remembering the kiss I shared with her just now.
 
I shouldn't do that. I know.
 
I just... can't help it.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I feel like the biggest fool in the world all of a sudden. My face is still burning red and my heart is beating uncontrollably.
 
Why did I let Yonghwa kiss me? Why did I kiss him back? Why didn't I snap him? Why did I accept his offer to accompany me to meet my client?
 
Geez. You have a fiancee, Kim Sora!
 
Right. I must refuse his offer after this. I can't go with him. I need to clear my mind now so I can tell Yonghwa that it's all just misunderstanding.
 
I didn't mean to kiss him... right?
 
I drag my luggage to my bedroom. I need to take a shower quickly so I won't be late to meet my client.
 
I feel something is different in my bedroom. I don't know what but something is different from the day I left to Japan. Is it only my feeling?
 
Grabbing a black top and jeans, I rush to the bathroom and take a quick shower. At the same time I keep repeating the same thing in my mind: Yoseob is my fiancee.
 
Whatever I feel for Yonghwa is nothing. I just feel comfortable around him. It's nothing more than a professional relationship.
 
Wait, I did the same when I was denying my feeling for Yoseob, didn't I?
 
Ugh, I must stop comparing Yoseob and Yonghwa!
 
After the shower, I return to my bedroom to take my camera before leaving to meet my client. I check my phone and find one new message from Gikwang.
 
"Is Yoseob with you?"
 
Yoseob?
 
"I just returned to my apartment. Isn't he sleeping?"
 
I send the reply and put my phone in my bag. I swear my heart stops beating for a second when I see someone is standing at the door.
 
"Yoseob?" I sigh in relief when I realize it's him who is standing there. I remember that he does have the spare key for my apartment. "When did you come in? I didn't hear you stepped inside."
 
"I was in the next room," he answers with hoarse voice. "Did you just return?"
 
"Are you alright?" I put my camera on the table. Something is not right. "What happened to your voice? Gikwang is looking for you, Oppa. Did you sleep here last night?"
 
I reach out my hand to touch his cheek. He doesn't look really good actually; he looks really sad.
 
"What's wrong?" I cup his face with my hands, feeling extremely worried now. "Did something happen last night?"
 
Instead of answering my question, Yoseob suddenly pulls me into a kiss. He wraps my waist with his arms, hugging me tight.
 
At first, I am too surprised because of the sudden kiss but I relax myself after seconds. I start to feel uneasy when he doesn't break the kiss even though a minute has passed.
 
"O-Oppa...," I try to push him away but he doesn't stop. He shuts me with another passionate kiss that can make me explode inside.
 
Without breaking the kiss, he makes me step backwards until I fall on my bed. For seconds he stops kissing me. He stares at me with sad eyes in silence.
 
"Oppa, what-" I can't even ask a simple question to him because he kisses me again as if he never kissed me for years. As if he really needs my kiss.
 
Our lips finally part because he moves his lips to my neck, giving small kisses that makes me flinch a little. I try to push him away but my strength disappears to nowhere.
 
The knocks on my door echo. It must be Yonghwa.
 
"O-Oppa, there's someone on the door...," I try my best to speak out but Yoseob doesn't stop. He grabs both of my hands, stopping me from pushing him away, pinning them down on the bed.
 
It's not that I don't want him to kiss me but this is too extreme. I know maybe he really misses me but this is way out from the line.
 
"Yoseob Oppa...," I struggle to release his grip on me but he is too strong to me. His lips move to my bare shoulder, sending chillness to me.
 
"Yang Yoseob!" I finally mention his full name, hoping it will stop him from this unreasonable act.
 
He really stops. He release my wrists and shifts away from me so I can stand up. I'm sure my face is really red because I can even hear my own heartbeat.
 
"What's wrong with you?" I hiss to him, feeling uneasy. "It's not like you to force me like that."
 
"I'm sorry, Sora... I-" his explanation is interrupted by the knocks on my door. I check my wristwatch and I only have twenty five minutes until the time I agreed with my client.
 
"We'll talk later, okay?" I mumble to him. I take a step closer to him; I am planning to give him a kiss on his forehead but I hold my urge.
 
I feel a little bit scared.
 
I take my camera and my bag, leaving leave him alone in my room.
 
Even though I feel guilty because I kissed Yonghwa, for this moment, I don't have any courage to stay too close to Yoseob.
 
What happened to him?

Photobucket