04 New Style

Complex Simplicity
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
"Thank you for today," I bow slightly to the staffs and they do the same. I keep my smile and go to change my clothes. I have an interview today with the rest of my group even though I just finished the recording of my new drama.
 
I take a glance at my phone and, I don't know why, feel happy when I see the notification of the new text message.
 
It's from Sora.
 
"I'll come over tonight to discuss about our contract detail."
 
It's short but it's enough to make me smile. It's been a week since she visited our apartment for the first time. I asked her about the term whether she will go with us or not when we have schedules at foreign countries.
 
But looks like she hasn't considered it that far so she told me to let her check the terms when I called her a week ago.
 
Knowing that she is going to visit us tonight makes me think to prepare something for her. With the rest of my groups of course.
 
I reply her message, telling her to inform us when she is on her way to our apartment.
 
"Yonghwa?"
 
I just stepped out from the recording location, heading to buy a cup of coffee at the nearby coffee shop. I wear glasses and a hat to disguise myself while I order for the drink.
 
I turn slightly and my eyes widen when I see Sora is standing right behind me. She is wearing black jacket and a white scarf around her neck.
 
"Sora!" I greet her with a wide smile. "What are you doing here?"
 
"Waiting for the queue," she answers with monotone. She tilts her head, "I think people behind us are waiting. Can you move aside first so I can order mine?"
 
I feel embarassed and quickly step out from the queue line. My eyes search for an empty table and I find one at the corner of the shop.
 
This girl is seriously unique. How can she be so cold and beautiful at the same time?
 
"Do you want to take a seat?" I ask her politely when she has took her drink; she ordered hot chocolate, not hot coffee.
 
"Sure," she replies calmly and follows me to the empty table. She sits across from me and her eyes are set on her drink.
 
I find it amusing because mostly girls will stare at me when I'm right in front of them. Seems like Sora is not included in those girls.
 
"What are you doing around here, Sora?" I take a sip of my hot coffee, not taking my eyes off of her. "Don't you have any schedule with BEAST?"
 
"I met my client at her office. She asked me to attend her wedding party on Valentine Day to make the documentation of her big day," Sora answers calmly.
 
She lifts her cup with both of her hands, placing her lips near the edge of the cup but doesn't drink it. Why do I find she is really cute when she does that?
 
"Oh," I quickly shove away my thought. "Looks like you are really busy."
 
"It's alright," she mutters. "It's my job and I enjoy it. I'm not going to complaint about it."
 
"You really love photography, don't you?" I laugh and look at her face. I notice that she brings her camera along with her.
 
A smile forms on her lips as she answers me, "Yes, I do."
 
My heart skips a beat when I see her beautiful smile. Does Yoseob always see this perfect smile every day?
 
I shake my head quickly and think of another topic to talk. I suddenly remember the question we want to ask her when my eyes see the ring on her ring finger. "Sora, do you mind if I ask you a question?"
 
"What is it?" she puts down her cup and tilts her head cutely.
 
"Are you engaged with Yoseob?" I blurt out the question. "Because, well, rumor spread fast, you know."
 
"We're not going to marry soon," Sora answers with monotone but I notice the shades of pink on her cheeks. "We're concentrating on our works right now."
 
So... she is engaged with him.
 
Why do I feel a little bit disappointed when I hear it?
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
It's a coincidence to meet Yonghwa just right after I met a friend of my sister who will be married next month. I never thought I would meet him around the area.
 
A week has passed and I'm really glad that my sister managed to talk with Junghwa. I don't know what Junghwa said to her nor what my sister complained to him, but after a long conversation in my room, my sister decided to return to her home with Junghwa.
 
That night I fell asleep in Yoseob's room because it took around three or four hours for them until they reconciled. While Dongwoon woke Mina up to return to the apartment, Yoseob let me sleep till the morning because he said he didn't want to wake me up.
 
I have told the other members of BEAST about my decision to work for CN Blue as well. Both Hyunseung and Dongwoon pouted, telling me that they didn't want me to work for another group with their childish acts.
 
But then they respected my decision and told me to work my best for both BEAST and CN Blue. They also told me that they would buy CN Blue first photo book when I have finished it.
 
My sister is back with her husband. My parents are healthy and working perfectly good at Paris with their research team. I received many offers from various clients and I work for BEAST, the famous idol group. I will for for CN Blue as well soon.
 
My life seems to be perfect nowadays.
 
Although there is one thing seems to be missing for me.
 
It's Yoseob.
 
No, it's not like we are fighting or arguing. He accepted my decision to work for two groups at the same time. I can say that he has changed to be more understanding towards me.
 
For my surprise, he didn't snap me when I told him that I will move out to the apartment where CN Blue stays. He did ask me numerous times but then he said that he would help me on the day I moved out.
 
While a part of me is happy with his understanding, I feel a little bit strange with him. In fact sometimes I have goosebumps when he acts to sweet towards me.
 
I don't know what he read or watch or listen to, but he is acting too sweet. Not that I want to complaint about his sweet and romantic attitude, but it's too much.
 
Yoseob asked me whether I wanted to have a candlelight dinner with him at seaside. He told me that he wanted to buy fireworks to play together on our next anniversary. He also said that he wanted to try writing lyrics for me.
 
I even scolded him when he said that he wanted to ask his friend to draw a caricature of me. I thought it was too much because there's nothing for us to celebrate yet he kept doing something for me.
 
I really think he is too stressed out with his busy schedule somehow.
 
"Sora, may I know why did you agree to work for CN Blue?" Yonghwa asks another question. He has been asking me some random questions for me since we are sitting together and I don't think it's uncomfortable.
 
"Actually it's not me who decided it. It's President Hong's choice. I just told him that I wanted to try a new challenge for my profession," I answer his question honestly.
 
"I see," he makes a small nod movement and takes another sip of his hot coffee.
 
"But I think if it's not CN Blue, I would think twice before I took the offer," I continue, telling him what I'm thinking.
 
"Eh?" Yonghwa frowns. "What do you mean?"
 
"Let's just say if I would be working for another idol group, I would not have new experiences. CN Blue is a band and I will be happy to explore new sides of photography by working with CN Blue," I finish my explanation.
 
"It's our pleasure to work with you," Yonghwa grins. "I hope you will find the new experiences you are looking for."
 
I only give him a slight nod. He takes another sip of his hot coffee and looks through the window. He puts his cup near his lips while his eyes look at the evening sky.
 
My photographer instinct appears. I take out my DSLR from my camera bag and set it quickly before I snap a picture of him.
 
"Ah," he turns to look at me with surprised look. "Did you just take my picture?"
 
"I will feature this in the first photobook," I check the picture and I can't help to smile because he looks really good in the picture. "I'm not going to take an advantage from you. Don't worry."
 
Honestly speaking, I must admit that he is more photogenic than Yoseob.
 
Geez. Why do I even need to compare him with Yoseob anyway?
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"I can sleep here when I visit you, right?" I say to Sora loudly because she is in the kitchen. I am checking the guest room and there is a comfortable bed in the room.
 
"You're even too busy to sleep in your own bedroom," she walks to me. She has done with her soon-to-be room. Sora leans against the wall and looks at me, "How can you even sleep in my apartment?"
 
Sora has decided to move out to the new apartment, two rooms next to CN Blue's apartment. She will start living here in two weeks but I accompany her to visit the new room tonight.
 
She is going to discuss her contract with CN Blue as well. They are on their way back after an interview so Sora decided to check the apartment first.
 
"I can manage everything for you," I , following her to the main bedroom. "Who knows you will ask me to stay with you one day?"
 
"Since when did you become this flirtatious?" she stops her step and raises her eyebrow. She sighs and walks inside the bedroom to look at the wardrobe. "I don't remember you to love flirting around."
 
I am taken aback by her words. Actually I feel embarassed by her statement.
 
She is right. I have been giving her special treatments lately. Thanks to some articles I read on internet about maintaining a good relationship before marriage.
 
At first I was reading an article about marriage problem, trying to find a solution to help Sohyun and Junghwa. That's when I came across an article written by a man about his love experience before and after marriage.
 
This made me to continue reading the related articles and I found them amusing because I experienced some of them by myself. Like the fact that a girl usually said nothing happened when actually she was mad at her boyfriend; Sora did that a lot.
 
How a girl denied that she was jealous but her face said everything; Sora did that as well. I remember it perfectly.
 
And then I read an article which talked about cherishing your lover during the engagement period. The article said that it's better if we try to create a new style of showing the affection in the relationship. That way the relationship will stay sweet and good, assuring your lover to want you more as their future husband or wife.
 
But I think I overdid everything. Probably because I never did those too romantic and sweet things before. Sometimes I felt that I was like a fool to follow those instructions from random articles.
 
Since when did I rely on such articles?
 
"Am I really that bad at flirting?" I sit on the bed, looking at her.
 
She turns around and crosses her arms together, answering without hesitation, "Yes."
 
"Aish...," I use my hoodie, hoping it can hide my blushed cheeks. I know Sora will tell the truth without mercy.
 
"Oppa, I don't need you to flirt around," Sora sits next to me. I look at her as she tilts her head with a sweet smile, "You have your own charm, you know?"
 
"Really?" I smirk and fix my hood with both of my hands.
 
She chuckles and pulls my hood with her right hand. "Yes, Yoseob Oppa. You're handsome and cute. Satisfied?"
 
I know she is teasing me so I think I need to back. I pull down my hood and shift closer to her to tickle her waist. She tries to struggle, grabbing both of my hands but I'm way smarter than her so I grab both of her wrists to stop her.
 
"Yah, Oppa!" she lets out a laughter as she loses her strength. She lays down on the bed and looks at my eyes. "It's a compliment!"
 
But I'm not focusing with what she said. My eyes are locked on her eyes and then lower down to her lips. It's been a while since the last time I kiss her lips; thanks to the anti moments we had.
 
Noticing the awkward silence between us because I don't respond her, Sora starts to be nervous and stammers, "O-Oppa?"
 
I release my grip on her wrists, using my left hand to hold my body while I caress her cheek with my right hand. She immediately blushes because our faces are only inches away.
 
She is going to close her eyes when our lips almost touch but the knocks on the door stop her. She opens her eyes wide and tries to sit up immediately.
 
Maybe she thinks I will straighten my body as well because, since I don't do that, she bangs her forehead with mine, making both of us to rub our foreheads, cringing because of the pain.
 
"I-I'm sorry, Oppa...," she brushes her fingers on my forehead. "Is it hurt?"
 
The person knocks the door again and Sora stands up, giving me an apologetic smile, "I'll check the door."
 
Another. Anti. .
 
"Sora?" I can hear Yonghwa's voice when Sora has opened the door, leaving me alone in the bedroom. "I called your phone but you didn't pick it so Jungshin told me to check here."
 
Yonghwa.
 
Again.
 
"Aish," I sigh heavily.
 
This is so irritating.

Photobucket