14 Soulmate

Complex Simplicity
[Sora's POV]
 
"How's Japan? ^^"
 
Yoseob tweeted the question just one minute ago. As usual, he didn't mention me and that made his fans from Japan to reply his simple tweet with various answers.
 
It's already 10 PM and the party here has ended around thirty minutes ago. We returned to the hotel to take a rest after the tiring day.
 
I type some words and tweet it, hoping that Yoseob will read it.
 
"Will return tomorrow. Enjoy the Valentine night."
 
I let out a heavy sigh and throw myself on the bed. I'm not feeling really tired actually; I've been worse than today. It's my heart which needs to take a rest.
 
Finally I remember why I felt deja vu when Yonghwa accidentally kissed my cheek. The exactly same thing happened on Valentine Day two years ago. Yoseob accidentally kissed my cheek.
 
Blood starts to rush to my brain again as I remember how his lips touched my cheek. Geez, what am I thinking?!
 
I sit up and grab my jacket along with the white scarf Yoseob gave to me. I take my camera and storm out from my room, hoping that the night breeze can help me get rid of random thoughts in my mind.
 
Taking a walk around area nearby, I find a small art gallery. Come to think of it, I never visited an art gallery here. I don't even remember why though.
 
I step in the gallery and my eyes stop on a figure who is taking a picture with his camera. His camera is pointing to a girl who is painting a picture of full moon.
 
There are some photographs in frames but some others are paintings. I step to take a look at the pictures without making a single noise because I don't want to disturb both of them.
 
A photograph of a man and a woman together from behind captivates me. They are holding hands, sitting on a long bench. Both of them look at the sunset in front of them.
 
This one is a beautiful photograph but the distance is not good enough. This picture can be better if the photographer adjusted other settings before.
 
"Two" by Y
 
So the title of this photograph is "Two". Looks like this small art gallery is for amateur photographs and artists so people can see their creations.
 
"Do you like it?" a voice asks me and I immediately turn around to see who it is.
 
"Yonghwa," I mutter his name, completely surprised to see him carry a camera over his shoulder.
 
"Hey," he smiles and approaches me. "What a coincidence to see you here. I thought you're going to rest in your room."
 
"Just taking a walk," I shift my gaze back to the photograph. Why do I meet him here when I'm trying to erase him from my mind?
 
"I took this one during the last time I visited Japan for our performance. I was walking around and saw this couple arguing. The girl cried and then the boys stopped scolding her. He hugged her and led her to the bench," Yonghwa mutters calmly. "That's when I decided to take a shoot of them."
 
Wait. Does that mean he is the one who took this picture?
 
"You are Y?" I look at him with curiosity, referring to the name under the picture.
 
"I can't write Yonghwa as the name, right?" he laughs. "This girl is the owner of this art gallery. That's why she decided to put it on here everyday."
 
"Is there someone, Yonghwa?" a gentle voice calls over. "I'm done with my painting."
 
"Come on," he gives me a sign to follow him. "I'll introduce you to her. She must be really happy to meet you in person."
 
"Ah! Kim Sora!" a girl with short brown hair squeals when she sees me. "I can't believe Kim Sora is at my art gallery!"
 
"Her name is Park Seorin. She moved here three years ago with her husband," Yonghwa introduces her briefly. "I met her coincidentally when I visited this art gallery and I recognized her as the girl in my picture."
 
"I'm your fan!" Seorin shakes my hand with excitement. She has a big grin on her face. "I know Yonghwa was only teasing me when he said you couldn't come here! Here you are!"
 
I give him an awkward smile, both feeling slightly happy because she is my fan and speechless at the same time.
 
"I'm going to buy something to drink," Yonghwa states. "Want to have something?"
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
I was really surprised to see Sora at the art gallery, especially because she was looking at my photograph.
 
This is a smart art gallery near our hotel and I decided to visit my friend. I met Seorin and her husband last year. I immediately became friends with them because her husband is a fan of CN Blue. They agreed to hide my identity as Y for the photo I took.
 
After I accidentally kissed her cheek, I feel really awkward around her. Even until this very moment, I can feel that she is avoiding my eyes when I look at her.
 
I can't blame her though... but it's purely an accident. There is no way I'll kiss someone's fiancee. Not to mention I know her fiancee.
 
"I don't know you like photography," Sora breaks the awkward silence between us. "That picture you took... It's good."
 
We are on our way back to the art gallery after she accompanied me to buy drinks at a coffee shop; she doesn't buy anything though.
 
"I started to like it when I used a camera for my drama. I found it's interesting to capture emotion in a picture," I answer her honestly. "I tried to learn about photography sometimes but I guess I'm still far from your state now."
 
"I learned by myself from experiences," she answer with a calm smile. "I can imagine their faces in the picture. They must be smiling."
 
I'm glad we can talk as usual again. She told me about the things I should note when I'm taking a picture outdoor before we reach the art gallery.
 
Seorin just hanged the painting she made on the wall. She also puts the title of the painting under it: Soulmate.
 
"That's a good title," I compliment her, giving away a cup of hot cappucino. I stare at the picture of full moon she made beautifully.
 
"Thanks," she smiles with satisfaction. She walks to the front table and hands me a Korean magazine. "I read it this morning and I decided to use it as my inspiration. The full moon just popped in my mind after I read it."
 
The page shows the section of Random Knowledge to readers. Seorin circled a paragraph with red marker.
 
"Soulmate
 
A person with whom you have an immediate connection the moment you meet -- a connection so strong that you are drawn to them in a way you have never experienced before.
 
As this connection develops over time, you experience a love so deep, strong and complex, that you begin to doubt that you have ever truly loved anyone prior.
 
Your soulmate understands and connects with you in every way and on every level, which brings a sense of peace, calmness and happiness when you are around them. And when you are not around them, you are all that much more aware of the harshness of life, and how bonding with another person in this way is the most significant and satisfying thing you will experience in your lifetime."
 
"Your new song is about soulmate too, isn't it?" Sora asks me when she finished with the article.
 
Ah, she remembers.
 
"Ne," I nod and return the magazine to Seorin. "It's a good definition of soulmate."
 
"Sora, can you tell me more about photography? I'm good at painting but I have an interest in photography!" Seorin turns to Sora. "I will be happy to listen to it!"
 
Sora answers her questions politely, from her first winning in photography contest, her favorite picture in the gallery, and about tips and tricks for an amateur.
 
I look at my wristwatch. It's almost 11 PM now and we're going to take a flight on 8 AM. I take a glance on Sora and she understands it somehow even though I haven't said a word.
 
"I think we can continue it later," Sora stands up from her seat. "I will be happy to answer your question via email."
 
"Ah, it's late already!" Seorin sounds surprised. "I need to meet up with my husband too. Thank you for your time, Sora, Yonghwa. I'll see you guys again then."
 
We bid her good night and return to the hotel. On our way back, I can help to look at Sora once in a while.
 
Is soulmate a real thing to believe in?
 
Is it possible that Sora is my soulmate?

Aish, what am I thinking? I really need to take a good rest.

 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Yah, it's enough," I return the glass to Junhyung while my head is spinning inside. "I drank enough."
 
"Just another shot, Yoseobie!" a staff takes the glass from Junhyung and makes me take it. "Come on! It's Valentine!"
 
I don't like drinking actually. I can drink but I prefer not to because I'm not good at drinking. Junhyung is the only one who is good at drinking in our group.
 
Doojoon's face is all red now because he has drank two glasses already. It's a new record since he usually gave up after the first sip.
 
It's almost 11 PM now and the party is almost over now. Not having Sora tonight making alcohol is not too far from me. I drink sometimes just in case to appreciate the event and this one is indeed one of the cases.
 
The difference is I have drunk more than four glasses now. My face is really red and my vision stars to become blurry.
 
"Fine, last one," I sigh and take the small glass, drinking it quickly. I put the empty glass on the table and take a deep breath; I need to wash my face.
 
When I'm on my way to the restroom, I stop when I bump onto someone.
 
"I-I'm sorry...," I murmur, trying to stand up but the effect of the alcohol is seriously taking away my sense.
 
Sora is going to be really mad at me.
 
"Oppa?" the voice calls me as she helps me to stand up properly. "Are you alright? Ah, you drank!"
 
Sora?

Photobucket