15 Nightmare

Complex Simplicity
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I am standing in the middle of the rooftop of my apartment building. The sky is starry and there is a full moon hanging on the night sky.
 
Someone is leaning her back against the fence, wearing a white scarf around her neck. She is gazing at the night sky with expresionless face.
 
Sora.
 
I try to call her name but there is nothing come out from my lips. I shout to her but my voice is gone.
 
This must be a dream.
 
I step closer to her and she finally notices my presence. She looks at my eyes, straightening her body as my smile blossoms. She looks really beautiful under the moonlight.
 
Sora reaches out her hand to touch my face but she stops her hand in the middle of the air suddenly. I tilt my head, pouting my lips because I don't understand why she stops all of a sudden.
 
She pulls her hand back and takes off the white scarf on her, the one I gave to her around two years ago. She puts it on my shoulder with a sad smile. Not only that, she also takes off the engagement ring on her ring finger, putting it on my palm slowly.
 
Why?
 
I want to ask her but I can't say a word. I know it's just a dream but it feels so real... and hurt.
 
Her sad smile along with her teary eyes tell me that she wants to say something but she can't say it. She takes a step back from me when I see a tear rolls down on her cheek.
 
I quickly step forward to shorten the distance between us but she shakes her head, a sign that she doesn't want me to come any closer to her.
 
She finally looks at me and she says something yet I can't hear it. Strange enough I understand what she is trying to say, slowly but sure.
 
Good...bye?
 
"Sora!" I wake up with cold sweat, reaching out my hand to the empty air. My breath is unsteady as if I just ran from somewhere far.
 
"Aish," I cover my eyes with my right arm. It's just a dream but it feels so real. I hate this kind of nightmare. Why do I have this nightmare all of a sudden?
 
My head is aching real bad. I rub my temple and suddenly my sense returns in seconds.
 
Where am I?
 
I sit up and look around. I just realize that I don't wear a shirt; I'm topless. That's why I feel a little bit cold.
 
It's Sora's room.
 
Wait, how did I end up here?
 
There is a white cardigan on the floor and I remember that it's not Sora's. I take a quick glance on the clock and it's already 7 AM in the morning.
 
Where is my shirt? What happened last night?
 
"Ah, you're awake."
 
I quickly turn and see Bomi in my white shirt. The shirt is oversized for her that it reaches her knees. She closes the door behind her with blushed cheeks.
 
"Yoseob Oppa...," she bites her bottom lip nervously. "I promise I will never tell anyone about last night... Don't worry..."
 
My eyes widen in shock.
 
What did I do last night?!
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
The flight is delayed for almost an hour and it just makes me feel more sleepy. As usual, I can't sleep well at a new place.
 
I try to sleep on the plane but Jungshin and Minhyuk are too busy discussing about their new album and they ask me opinion for their photo shoot.
 
As soon as I arrive in Seoul, I send a text message to Yoseob so he will know that I have arrived safely. He hasn't replied my message though until now. Maybe he is still sleeping after the late night party.
 
I read Gikwang's tweet around 1 AM when he was going back to the apartment. I remember today is their free day so they will definitely use the day to relax in their apartment.
 
Meanwhile I need to sort all pictures yesterday as soon as possible because I have an appointment with a client tonight and I don't want to postpone my task. I'm going to sleep, sort the pictures, and meet the client in one day.
 
I hope I'm not going to faint.
 
Great, I'm exaggerating things in mind. Again. What is going on with my mind lately?
 
First, I think about Yonghwa really often. Second, I believe in the ridiculous prophecy. Third, I haven't discussed anything about my future marriage with Yoseob.
 
Something is definitely wrong with me.
 
"Noona!" Jungshin calls me right when we enter the elevator. "Can we see the pictures of yesterday's performance?"
 
"She is tired," Yonghwa speaks out even before I want to tell them that I'm going to give them the pictures later. "Let her sleep first. The pictures are not going anywhere."
 
How can he know that I'm tired? Is it really obvious?
 
"Oh," Jungshin scratches his face slowly. "I see."
 
Looking at his expression, I feel guilty. I check my phone but there is no new notification. Perhaps it's alright to give them the pictures first.
 
"I'll copy the pictures to you," I say when the elevator opens up. "Promise me you won't upload them anywhere until I sort them."
 
His face beams with excitement while we step out from the elevator with our luggage, "Really, Noona? Really?"
 
I only give him a slight nod as I walk to CN Blue's apartment. Yonghwa suddenly asks me, "You're not going to put your stuff first?"
 
"It's alright," I answer when he opens the door for us. "It's more effective."
 
I only need to give them the pictures, back to my room and have a good sleep. I'll wake up and then sort the pictures before meet my client. That sounds easy to say.
 
"Ah, just leave your luggage here," Jonghyun tells me with a gentle smile. "Yonghwa, can we use your notebook to store the pictures first?"
 
"Sure," Yonghwa nods and gives me a sign to follow him to his room. "This way."
 
 
[Yonghwa's POV]
 
Sora covers with one of her hands again to hide her yawn. I know she is really sleepy; it's obvious for me.
 
Since the size of the files are really big, thanks to her high quality camera, it takes around fifteen minutes to copy all the pictures. I tell her to sit on my bed while waiting for it.
 
"Wait a minute," I tell her and leave my room, heading to the kitchen where Minhyuk is searching for something to eat. I'm feeling thirsty since we arrived at the airport.
 
"Ne, Yonghwa," Minhyuk murmurs when I'm pouring the water to an empty glass. "Is Sora doing good with Yoseob?"
 
I frown and take a sip of the water, "I think so. Why?"
 
"Nothing," Minhyuk replies calmly and stares at me. "I think you and Sora will make a good couple, you know."
 
I almost burst the water in my mouth because of his sudden statement. I cough awkwardly, "Y-Yah! Don't make such kind of joke. It's not funny!"
 
"Just saying," Minhyuk shrugs his shoulders and grabs an apple from the refrigerator. "It's great how you can be really close to her compared to us within weeks."
 
He gives me a grin, "I'm going to unpack my stuff now. Tell Jungshin when the pictures are ready to preview."
 
Minhyuk leaves me with confusion; what kind of reaction should I give to him because of his surprising opinion? Happy? Angry? Sad?
 
I shake my head quickly to shove away the thought. I return to my bedroom to check on Sora and my notebook.
 
For my surprise, Sora has fallen asleep on my bed. I guess she just laid down to relax herself but ended up falling asleep. I know she must be really sleepy; she just forced herself to fulfill Jungshin's request.
 
"Yah, Sor-" I want to wake her up so she can return to her own apartment but my words stop when I see her sleeping face.
 
She looks really tired that I don't want to wake her up. Maybe I just need to let her sleep for now. I can wait until her wake up in the main room, right?
 
I carry her on my arms carefully and lay her down with more comfortable position on my bed, putting her head on the pillow.
 
For seconds I stare at her face in silence. I notice her hair is covering half of her face. Slowly I move her hair with my fingers.
 
I brush her left cheek with my thumb gently and then move to her lips.
 
This is the lips I kissed once. Accidentally.
 
Unconsciously I lean closer to her until our faces are only inches away. When our lips almost meet, I immediately pull away, realizing that I almost kiss someone's fiancee.
 
"Jung Yonghwa, what do you think you're doing?" I groan to myself, covering my mouth to prevent her from waking up because of my voice.
 
I look at her again, admiring her innocent sleeping face.
 
I bend down my body, using my right hand which I used to caress her cheek before to hold my body from pressing her. My right hand is right next to her left ear now while I shift closer to her.
 
I kiss her forehead, inhaling her sweet scent which fills my sense. I slowly pull back and feel that my face is burning right now.
 
"Sora...," I caress her cheek, "...if I met you first, is it possible for you to fall for me?"

Photobucket