Wedding

The Warmth of Spring

After the conference, many television channels, magazines, online websites, and netizens claimed that Lee Su Jin and Kim Jaejoong’s wedding was really an arranged marriage to avoid embarrassment due to an unplanned pregnancy, so the titles for all the news coverage were about the shotgun wedding, with a handful sincerely congratulating the couple. Jaejoong and Su Jin were upset with those rumors since it started to affect the decisions of certain Kim Corporation’s investors. 

The preparation for the house was almost complete but it wasn’t the case for the wedding. Since Jaejoong was busy, Su Jin bought the dress with her mother and mother in law, and did all the planning without her fiance. But one Sunday, Jaejoong visited her and told her to get ready. They were going to meet with the interior designer and buy what is left for the house, then meet their wedding planner. 

“We have many things to do and we are going to walk a lot so wear something comfortable,” he said while gesturing to her feet. 

“Okay.” She wore a dress tee and flat sandals, grabbing her bag on the way out.

After a couple of hours checking out many furniture stores with their designer, they bought everything they needed for their home. Then, they met with the wedding planner. Together, they chose the wedding cake, colors and decorations. After they left the planner’s office, Jaejoong asked his fiancée, “What’s left?”

“I should confirm the hairstylist’s reservation.” 

“Confirm? Why?” 

“Well, he is quite popular so we should confirm.”

He nodded. “I will go with you.”

She smiled and said, “When we get there, don’t be too shocked, okay?” 

“Why?” 

“You will see.” 

When they arrived, they were greeted by the staff. Then a bald man, came greeting them with a loud voice, “Omo, Su Jin-ah! I swear to God that I was happy when I heard the news. And I knew you would want me to be your hairstylist.” He laughed while playing with a small brush. 

“Yes, Seok-Cheon. You are the best.”

“Omo, this is your husband?” 

“Yes, Kim Jaejoong.”

Jaejoong extended his hand for a handshake. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Kim Jaejoong.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Hong Seok-Cheon. Nice to meet you. Have a seat.” Jaejoong smiled and sat down. 

“Yah, girl, you hit a jackpot. He is hot. I would give anything for a partner like him.”

His statement earned a loud laugh from Su Jin and Jaejoong only blinked his eyes from shock. Su Jin looked at Jaejoong with eyes saying ‘You were warned.’

After a small chat, confirmation on the exact wedding date and how she would like her hair done, Seok-Cheon asked, “You brought your dress?”

“Yes, I didn’t find the one I wanted so I contacted Maggie Sottero. Here is the sketch.” She showed him her phone so that he can see the dress. 

“So beautiful. It’s a new design, right?” 

“I drew it and they agreed to make it.” She gave her phone to Jaejoong next so he could view the sketch. He was impressed with her drawing skills and eye for fashion.

Meanwhile, the hairdresser said, “It’s the perfect dress for you. It will show your beautiful s and highlight your body. You are different from the other models. You have beautiful curves and yet you are very slim. How now, Mr. Kim Jaejoong, you have hit the Jackpot too. I bet you will appreciate and enjoy everything.” Jaejoong laughed and blushed much. 

After they left the shop, Jaejoong turned to Su Jin and said, “Really? Was he serious?”

She laughed so hard. “I warned you. He is really like that and he is gay.”

“I got that. You didn’t need a genius to tell.”

“He liked you.”

“Yah, Su Jin-ah!”

It was the first time he spoke informally and called her Su Jin-ah. She somewhat liked it. They went to grab something to eat then decided to buy gifts for their soon-to-be-born goddaughter. At the store, they bought all that a child would need and gave the store the address to Yoochun and Minju’s home. 

The next day they were shocked with articles about Su Jin being pregnant with pictures of the couple buying baby clothes. The article discussed Su Jin’s outfit as well. “The Model was spotted with her future husband buying baby clothes. This has sparked rumors that she is expecting a child since she was caught wearing a loose fitting outfit with flat sandals instead of her high heels. As expected, it could be a shotgun wedding.”

After reading the news, Su Jin called her brother, asking him to pick her up and take her to where Jaejoong was. They both went to Jaejoong’s parents’ house. As expected he was there. He was angry, yelling, “I accepted this marriage to gain the investors and shareholders’ trust not to lose everything. I didn’t expect this . I am fed up with this wedding.” 

Su Jin bowed and said, “I am sorry. It’s my fault.”

Her brother started to get angry, “Why are you apologizing? What did you do?  If Jaejoong and I have problems at work because of these rumors, it’s not because of you but because of the decision of the elders and some foolish journalists.” 

After hearing this, Mrs. Kim turned to Su Jin and said, “Why did you choose this outfit? It started the rumors, my dear.”

Before she could answer, Jaejoong replied angrily, “She is free to wear whatever floats her boat. This is not her fault.”

Even though Jaejoong and her brother sided with her, she excused herself and left in a cab. When she got home, she cried her heart out. After a good cry, she opened her Instagram account and wrote:

I would like to make things very clear to anyone who cares. I AM NOT PREGNANT! Wearing loose outfit and flat sandals does not mean that a person is pregnant. Marrying the man you love at a suitable marrying age does not mean it’s a shotgun wedding. I want to live happily and offer my family a comfortable life, not causing damages to my brother and husband with their work. At the conference, I made it clear that I was not pregnant. Why would people keep insisting?

I don’t want to bother my family with some rumors that create problems. I promised them that being a model would not affect my reputation nor theirs. I want to make things clear. I vowed to respect the culture and traditions, and wait until marriage to do what should be done. So please, with these rumors you have affected my family’s honor and business. I don’t want to sue any magazines or journalists or netizen who spread false rumors. And if anyone is not convinced, let’s wait some months and see if I’m really pregnant. I want to add that the baby clothes were for my best friend who is expecting a little girl. I will not be active on social media for now. Thank you to all the precious fans who have supported me these last few months. Thank you for your messages. I read them all.

Along with this text, she posted a picture of her with a pregnant Minju, showing off her belly and another picture of herself from the day of the conference, wearing a tight dress. 

Jaejoong and Chang Wook didn’t understand why some Asian investors and shareholders called to apologize until Chang Wook’s secretary brought in her ipad, showing his sister’s Instagram post. Jaejoong who was with him also saw the post. “I know my sister very well. She must be suffering. She has never been involved in scandals and she has never wrote such a message to her fans.” Jaejoong was grateful to Su Jin for what she did but felt sorry for her too.

After releasing some incredible pre-wedding photos where both of them acted like a loving couple, they held a private wedding with many national and international celebrities and other well-known guests present. All their friends and family as well as celebrities from Su Jin’s agency were there to give them their blessings. Celebrities and close friends like Kim Jong Kook and the other six Running Man members were also present. They became good friends with the model after she was the show’s guest. They will be making a special presentation during the reception to cheer on the couple.

It was her wedding day and Su Jin started to feel nervous. When her father entered the room, she stood up and arranged her dress. Her father smiled and walked towards her, “You look gorgeous.”

She smiled and replied, “Thank you.” 

“We are going to stay like this? You still won’t talk to me?”

“Ani.”

“I’m sorry my dear but I hope you will one day understand me. I want you to have a good life.”

“I already have a good life, dad. I hope you are happy with this marriage.”

“To be honest, I am happy but I don’t want you to be sad.”

“I’m not sad. Don’t worry.” 

He smiled and put his arm around hers. He then escorted her downstairs and waited for the bride to be called by the Masters of Ceremony, Yoo Jae Suk. 

When she was finally in front of Jaejoong, her father let go of her arm and asked his son-in-law to take good care of her. Jaejoong was speechless at how beautiful she looked. Not even in her pictorials and photoshoots did she looked this beautiful.

“Therefore, because Lee Su Jin and Kim Jaejoong have pledged their love and faith to each other, sealed their vows in the giving and receiving of rings, and have expressed their complete and pure dedication to one another before God and our gathering, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the Bride!” 

When she heard the words ‘Kiss the bride’, she was shaking but remembered what he said a couple of days ago, “Look, we have to act in the ceremony so when they pronounce us husband and wife, I don’t want any drama where you tell me you can’t because this is your first kiss, which it’s probably not. You will act like you always do, okay?’

He leaned closer and whispered, “What are you waiting for?” 

She suddenly put her arms around his neck and he kissed her like a loving husband. She responded to his kiss, got completely lost until she heard all the clapping and cheering from the guests. When she opened her eyes, she saw Jaejoong smirking, “I told you to act but I guess I didn’t have to. You were enjoying the kiss a lot.” She blushed and rolled her eyes. He was getting on her nerves. 

At the reception, she was with Minju, her brother and Jay Park when Kim Woo Bin joined them, asking, “Jin, where are you going to spend your honeymoon?”

“I didn’t want to leave Asia. I suggested Hong Kong even though I’ve visited it many times but he wanted a country where he won’t be disturbed by people asking for pictures so he chose Mexico. Cancun.”

When her friends heard Cancun, they laughed loudly, then Jay said, “I guess he doesn’t know.”

“Stop making fun of me.” She asked him laughing with her brother. 

“Jin, try to get along with him. Woo Bin and I became his friends. He is not too bad.”

Just then, they were joined by Jaejoong. He greeted the two celebrities, then asked Su Jin for a dance. She couldn’t refuse. 

When the ceremony ended, Su Jin went to the hotel room to change her clothes and get ready for the airport. She was with her mother in the room talking about the luggage but they were interrupted by someone calling her mother who left, leaving her alone. 

When Su Jin was taking off her makeup and combing her hair, her phone rang. It was her brother, “Hey, Jini, do you need help? I can ask Hana to join you.”

“Ani, I’m fine. Let her enjoy her time with Nichkhun.”

“Are you sure? I can help you. Do you need anything?”

“Oppa, I’m fine.”

“You don’t need me now that you are married?” 

She laughed but then her room door opened without a knock. She saw Jaejoong’s secretary entering the room. 

Her brother who heard the door open, asked, “Who is it?” 

“Wait.” She put her phone on the table but didn’t hang up. The fact that her husband’s secretary opened the door without knocking startled her.

“Why are you startled? Were you already cheating on sa-jang-nim?”

“W-what?”

“I was just kidding.” 

“Sorry to ask but what brings you here?” 

“Oh, I almost forgot. I didn’t get the chance to congratulate you. You didn’t give up until you convinced him to marry you. I guess you are happy. You have the man we all dream about.”

Su Jin didn’t answer. The secretary continued, “Sa-jang-nim was not ready for commitment. It must have taken lots of effort from your part to convince him.” 

Su Jin was about to lose her temper but tried to remain as calm as possible, “Minyoung-si, I don’t have a lot of time. Can you just get straight to the point?” 

“What do you mean? I was just teasing you Madam. Ah, I came to see you because Mr. Kim Jaejoong asked me to.” 

“Oh, why?”

“He wanted you to keep his passport and yours.” Su Jin extended her hand to reach for the passports but Minyoung purposely dropped them onto the floor, then said, “The game is not over yet. The 90 minutes may be over but I can still win in extra-time.” 

Su Jin was about to bend down to pick up the passports but Jaejoong entered the room, “Minyoung-si, what took you so long?” He saw the passports on the floor and asked, “What happened?” 

“Nothing, Madam just dropped them.” Minyoung lied to avoid any problem.

Before anyone could speak, a furious Chang Wook arrived and asked the secretary to leave. After she left, he went near his sister and said softly, “Why don’t you respond in these kind of situations? Where is the Su Jin I know? Don’t you have a mouth to stop her?” 

“Oppa, please stop. Act like nothing happened please.”

“If you want me to act like nothing happened, you should have hang up your phone.”

A dumbfounded Jaejoong asked, “What happened?”

Chang Wook turned to Jaejoong. “Is your secretary alright? Can’t you find another one?”

“What?” 

“I will explain everything to him, oppa. Can you just my dress?”

Chang Wook was about to do it, when his brother-in-law said, “It’s okay, I will do it so that she can explain to me what Minyoung did.” 

When her brother left and her husband is helping her with the dress, he asked her what happened. She randomly answered, “Nothing, it’s just that I didn’t hear her knock. So did oppa so he thought that she was violating my privacy, that’s all.”

“Are you sure?” 

“Yes, I am.”