You did what??

The Warmth of Spring

 

A couple of days after the trip, Minju and her husband Yoochun left for the US. Minju’s mother was a little sick and they were taking her there for medical treatment. 

Su Jin dropped them off at the airport and drove back to her agency to discuss her upcoming schedules. 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong, his father, Chang Wook and Junsu were at the study in the couple's house to discuss about their new business venture. Jaejoong called for his secretary to bring them some documents. When she arrived, she bowed to all of them and turned to Jaejoong. "Here are the documents you asked for. I didn't have enough time to print them all so you will find a couple of them in this flash drive. I am sorry, Sir." 

"It's fine. Thank you, Minyoung." 

She then looked at Su Jin's brother and smiled. He didn't return the smile. He simply reached for the documents on the table. 

Since she didn't budge, Junsu looked at her and said, "Is there something else you need to give us, miss?"

She looked at Jaejoong's computer, then at Junsu and said, "No, I don't." 

"Okay, you can leave then." 

After she left, they all discussed the details of the project. The office was filled with a serious undertone, only numbers and arguments were heard. 

"Junsu, where is the balance sheet?"

"I don't think your secretary printed it. Let me check the USB."

Junsu stood up and went to where the computer was and opened the file.

When they finished their meeting, Junsu asked, "There’s an audio file here. Is that yours, Jae hyung?"

"No, it's not mine." He didn't care about the audio file as long as it's not work related. But his father was curious. 

"Junsu-ah, open it. Maybe she recorded our last meeting. It was important. We need to hear the directors' opinions again." 

"Okay, uncle. Here we go." 

The moment he pressed the play key, Su Jin's voice was heard. 

Throughout the whole audio, only Junsu's gasps and Chang Wook's ‘no way’s were heard. The moment the audio clip came to an end, Mr Kim lost his cool and exploded, "What the ? Is she insane?" 

"Chang Wook hyung, is this really Su Jin's voice?" But Junsu didn't get an answer. "Jae hyung, say something."

Jaejoong stood up and put his hand in the back of his head and sighed. His brother-in-law came near him and said "Jaejoong, something is wrong. Who recorded this?" 

Mr Kim couldn't take it any longer and said, "Is it that important to know who recorded it? What I care about the most is what that little insolent kid said about my WIFE." 

No one talked until they heard a knock on the door. It was Su Jin being all happy and smily. 

"Hello, did I interrupt your meeting?" 

Mr Kim stood up and came to her and slapped her. It was a hard slap that made her fall. "Shameless brat." With those words he left the room and left a speechless and dumfounded Su Jin with tears in her eyes. Her brother went to her to examine her cheek. 

"Oppa, what's going on? I don't understand." 

"Jinie, why did you do this?" 

"Jae hyung, go and follow uncle to prevent him from doing some insane things."

Jaejoong took a look at his wife but did as Junsu told him, running after his father. 

"Su Jin, do you have a problem with aunt?"

"What? No, not at all, why?"

Her brother played the recording for her. While the audio was playing, Jaejoong came back into the room. His father was already gone when he got to the front door. 

"Is this you?" That was the first thing out of Jaejoong’s mouth. 

"Where did you find this?"

"SU JIN... Answer me for God's sake. Is this you?"

"Yes." Her brother and Junsu were speechless. 

"Why? What did my mother do to you? I can't believe you said those words." 

She stood up and looked at the three men. 

"WHAT'S WITH YOU GUYS?" She cried and continued, "Yah, the conversation isn't complete." 

"Su Jin, please look at me. I am your brother. I am always by your side. Okay, so you say the conversation isn't complete but you said those words about your mother in law?"

"Oppa, what the ? You don't know the story. I wasn't talking about my mother-in-law." 

Jaejoong lost his temper and screamed, "Su Jin explain this right now. You didn't talk about your mother-in-law? Do you have another omonim?" 

Junsu wanted to understand the situation but didn't want the situation to escalate so he decided to speak up, "Hyung, stop with your sarcasm and let her speak."

When Su Jin was about to tell them the whole story, Jaejoong's phone started rinigng. It was his father. He told Jaejoong that his mother was coming and she was very furious.

His mom entered screaming, "Where is she?" 

"Woah omma, calm down." 

"Omonim, please let me explain?" Su Jin was shaking but managed to stand up. Junsu made his aunt sit down. 

"Aunt, we only heard the recording. We were waiting to hear her side of the story."

"What are you going to say? Did you make up a lie?" 

"Mrs. Kim, please. My sister has never been this humiliated and insulted." 

"Let's just hear her out." 

"First, I just want to say I wasn't talking about you, Mrs. Kim and those weren't my words. Jaejoong, you remember the day I visited you at the office? I waited for a long time at your secretary's office. I am sure she recorded me."

"Hey, look here, I know that girl for a long time ago. She has worked for my son since the first day he set foot at Kim Corporation. She would not frame you."

"Omonim, believe me, I was only reading a text Hana sent me. She broke up with her boyfriend because of his mom." 

"That's why she didn't travel with us?"

"Yes, Junsu oppa."

Jaejoong's mother didn't seem to believe her so she questioned, "Who were you reading the text for? If what you say is true, can you show us the text?"

"I was talking to Minju unnie. And of course I can show you the text. I will fetch my phone. Two seconds please." 

Su Jin ran out to get her purse. When she returned, she scrolled her messages to find the conversation with Hana. She was speechless. Her brother took her phone from her, "What happened?"

"The texts were deleted! I am sure I didn't delete them." 

Jaejoong laughed and ruffled his hair. He felt like he is stuck between two fires. His mom became angrier. "Stop with your lies."

"Omonin, you can call Minju. She will tell you that I am not lying."

"Of course she will tell me that you are not lying. She is your friend." 

"Mrs. Kim, I don't think Su Jin is lying. We can call Minju and find out." He took his phone ready to dial Minju's number, but a hand stopped him. It was Jaejoong. 

"She is not reachable. Neither is Yoochun."

"Su Jin, I am disappointed. I didn't know you hated me that much. The lawyer is on his way. You can separate so you can find a better mother-in-law who is not a ." 

Everyone gasped. Jaejoong slammed the glass that was in his hand and Su Jin knelt in front of her mother-in-law, "Omonim, I beg you to believe me. I didn't do anything wrong. Please, why are we bringing up divorce now? If Jaejoong does not believe me and wishes to divorce, I won't object." 

"I don't want you to be my daughter-in-law anymore." With those words Mrs. Kim left the room. 

"Why don't you believe me?" Chang Wook and Junsu had sad eyes. They believed her but the Kim family needed evidence. 

"Screw your secretary." Su Jin screamed at Jaejoong and left the room. 

Junsu hated what he witnessed. He turned to Chang Wook and said, "Hyung, please talk to Jin and don't tell your parents about uncle and aunt's reactions. The problem will only get bigger and the tension will never get dissolved between the two families." 

"I know, I will talk to her. But Jae, don't you think that it’s a shame to have it end here? Now it's not Su Jin who wants a divorce but your family. If she is proven wrong, I understand she will not be able to face you and your parents again. But how will your parents react if it's all your secretary's manipulation?"

"Chang Wook, you know how I feel now. I feel like I am trapped. I know what my father did is unforgivable but I understand how he and my mom feel. And I am trying my best to believe Su Jin. I want to believe her. Something is not right."

The next day, Jaejoong went to the company with the divorce papers in his bag. The first thing he did was ask Minyoung about the recording. 

"Minyoung, did you put the audio clip in the flash drive?"

"What audio, Sir? I didn't put it in there. I found the flash drive on your desk and used it." She had a mischievous smirk on her face. She knew something big happened. 

Meanwhile, Su Jin was with her brother who took her to the beach, away from everyone involved in the fiasco so she can feel better and talk freely. She told him everything that happened that day. 

"I don't know how your texts with Hana and Minju were deleted. Do you think it's that secretary?"

"I don't know, really. Who would do it if it's not her? I am sure she is the one who recorded my conversation because we were alone when I was talking on the phone." 

"When Minju and Hana return to Seoul, everything will be fine."

"I hate that this happened. I hate myself for putting Jaejoong in this situation but I am hurt that he didn't even bother talking to me about it….though I understand the situation he’s in."

"He believes you but he can't let his parents meddle more in this situation. He doesn’t want them to create another problem."

"Oppa, they don't want me. They want me to divorce Jaejoong." She couldn't hide her sadness and tears so her brother hugged her and let her empty her heavy heart.

Three days later, pictures of Su Jin and Jaejoong at the pool were released by a second-rate tabloid website. Pictures of her in a bikini, her putting sunscreen on her husband’s face, and the most important one, Jaejoong standing in front of her in the pool in the intimate position. The tabloid had apparently sneaked into their vacation home and took the photos. The title was absolutely meant to attract attention too: “The Happy Family” and "Breaking: Su Jin's Body Revealed For The First Time!"

Su Jin was shocked. She never expected for such pictures to be released. She has never modeled in revealing clothes, what more a bikini! She was enraged. 

Jaejoong was mad too. He was so furious he was speechless for a good 5 minutes. He talked to Chang Wook and unexpectedly, Yoochun also texted him. He was going to come home soon and asked Jaejoong to take the necessary legal actions. Jaejoong told him that he had some problems with Su Jin. He needs Yoochun and his wife’s help when they return.

Su Jin never left Jaejoong's mind. He knew she would be devastated. She didn't need any new problems. She was already having a difficult time. He grabbed his blazer and went home. He found Su Jin in the living-room couch with her head in her knees crying. 

"Su Jin?" 

She lifted her head and looked at him, "I guess you saw the news too."

"I can't believe reporters do this for money and fame. You talked to your agency?"

"Yes, they released a statement and we will sue them."

"Okay, don't worry. I will do my best too. I will file a lawsuit and will sue them for trespassing at the house. It's a crime taking pictures of us without our permission. Your agency will defend you as a celebrity and I will defend you as my wife." With these words, he turned to return to Kim Corporation, determined to get the legal procedures started. But before he could get off the couch, he felt a pair of arms around his waist. Su Jin was hugging him, crying, "Thank you, Oppa." He was speechless. It was the first time she had called him oppa. 

"Oppa, please believe me. I didn't badmouth your mom. She is like my mother. I wouldn't dare."

"It's okay, Su Jin. Don't worry. And please don't let these pictures affect your will to overcome your phobia." He patted her hands. She gave him a deep kiss on his cheek. He was stunned. "I-I need to go. We will be holding a press conference in a couple of hours." 

At the press conference, only the Kim's lawyer gave a speech:

"We will be suing this unknown website for committing several crimes. The first is for the crime of breaking into and entering a private home without the owner's consent. Second lawsuit is for releasing personal pictures of Kim Jaejoong and his wife, Lee Su Jin to the public without their consent. This website’s owner should know that Kim Corporation will not be taking this violation of privacy lightly especially since they also posted inappropriate and unapproved comments regarding Lee Su Jin’s body. Lee Su Jin’s agency will be filing a separate lawsuit regarding the same issue. We are asking that those who have saved the pictures of Kim Jae Joong and Lee Su Jin to be kind enough to delete them. All other pictures previously posted online have already been removed. Thank you."