She is looking!

The Warmth of Spring

Meanwhile, while Su Jin endured the harsh comments alone, Jaejoong arrived to the restaurant. He was the last one to arrive, Yoochun, Minju, and Junsu were already engaged in conversation with some other people. All eyes turned to Jaejoong as he entered. He bowed and presented the owner with a gift, who thanked him and remarked, “We’ve seen you twice in the last few months, more than we have since high school graduation.”

 

Jaejoong offered a smile, an apology in his expression, before he could say anything, he was bombarded with questions.

 

Where is your wife?

Did you come alone?

 

I guess you all weren’t waiting for me,” Jaejoong answered.

 

“Of course, but we were hoping to meet Lee Su Jin. This was our chance to see her in person,” one of them explained.

She just returned from her long trip yesterday and is meeting with family to rest. You can meet her another time, I promise,” Jaejoong reassured them. However, his annoyance grew as he heard a girl he disliked chiming in.

 

I thought you didn’t want her to meet—” The girl was abruptly cut off by Yoochun.

 

The past is the past,” he interjected firmly, signaling an end to the discussion.

 

Seeking to change the subject, Jaejoong suggested they have some drinks and engage with the others, meeting the partners of his old friends in the process.

 

However, the girl couldn’t resist making a jab. “She didn’t come either. I’m sure you wanted to see her,” she remarked with a smirk.

 

Minju was curious about what she was implying, turned to her husband for clarification. “It’s just an old story. This girl has always had issues with Jaejoong. Let’s not pay her any mind,” he explained, trying to diffuse the tension.

 

The conversation shifted back to Jaejoong, his friends couldn’t help but comment on his marriage.

 

Jaejoong, you hit the jackpot. You’re a lucky man,” one of them remarked.

Jaejoong simply smiled in response. “Is she down to earth?” another inquired.

Yes, she is” Jaejoong confirmed.

I thought you hated models, and promised not to date anyone in that field again.” someone else remarked.

 

Jaejoong’s grip tightened around the glass he was holding, and whispered “She is different.

Before the conversation could continue, Jaejoong redirected their focus. “Are you going to talk about me? Let’s enjoy this gathering.

 

Minju, feeling unsettled, asked her husband again, this time with a threatening tone, “Was Jaejoong dating a model? Where is she? Is she the girl who spoke earlier?

No, she didn’t come. That girl is her best friend,

 

Jaejoong was talking Changmin, he wanted to save his number, he searched for his phone but he  he realized he had left it at the his in-laws.

 

--------------------------------

 

After Su Jin had calmed down and her face was no longer flushed, she decided to join them for dinner. As she descended the stairs, her phone began to ring. It was Junsu, she answered with a cheerful voice, “Dauphin Junsu!

 

Ani, this is Jaejoong,” came the unexpected reply.

 

Oh, is everything fine? How come you're calling from Junsu’s phone?” Su Jin inquired.

 

Everything is fine. I forgot my phone in your father’s office when I was with Chang Wook,” Jaejoong explained.

 

Ah, I see.”

 

Can you please send it to me with your parents’ driver?” he requested.

 

Okay, send me the address,” Su Jin agreed.

 

Thank you, Su Jin,” Jaejoong expressed his gratitude.

 

Once she received the address, Su Jin decided to seize the opportunity for some fresh air and to avoid staying with her mother-in-law, certain that she would face more criticism. “Oppa, can I have your car keys?” she asked her brother.

 

Yes, of course.” he replied, handing them over. Just then, Mrs. Kim inquired, “Where are you going?

 

Jaejoong forgot his phone, so he asked me to bring it to him,” Su Jin replied, displaying Jaejoong's phone as evidence.

 

Okay,” Mrs. Kim acknowledged.

 

Enjoy your dinner,” Su Jin bid them farewell.

 

She wore her coat, and left the house. She entered the address into the GPS, and made her way to deliver the phone. When she arrived, she called Junsu.

Junsu, can you tell Jaejoong to come out and pick up his phone?” she requested.

You brought it?” Junsu sounded surprised.

Yes, I’m waiting outside the restaurant in the car,” Su Jin confirmed.

Why are you waiting outside? Come in,” Junsu insisted.

No, no, please just tell him to pick up his phone,” Su Jin insisted.

 

Okay,” Junsu agreed.

 

Once he finished the call, Junsu approached his cousin and informed him that Su Jin had brought his phone. Jaejoong was upset that she had come when he had explicitly asked her to send it with the driver. He stepped out, and when Su Jin saw him, she handed him the phone through the window.

 

Hope you're enjoying your dinner,” she said.

 

Why did you come? You could have given it to the driver,” Jaejoong questioned.

 

I wanted some fresh air,” Su Jin replied.

 

Did something happen?

 

No, not at all,” Su Jin denied.

 

Are you sure?” Jaejoong leaned in closer to her face. “Did you cry?

 

He then turned to head to the passenger’s seat, once seated, he continued questioning her. “What happened? Did my parents upset you?” he prodded gently. Su Jin remained silent, and only looked at him.

 

Come on, Su Jin. We're best friends” Jaejoong urged, seeking her honesty.

That’s the problem. What would have happened if we refused this arranged marriage?” Su Jin questioned.

 

Jaejoong was taken aback by her sudden remark, but before he could respond, one of his friends approached the car and knocked on the window. Jaejoong quickly exited the car, apologizing, “Sorry, I’m coming right now.

Oh, my goodness, it’s Su Jin! Can she come?” the friend exclaimed.

Jaejoong signaled Su Jin to get out of the car. She greeted Jaejoong's friend with a bow.

The man was thrilled and extended his hand for a handshake, which Su Jin accepted graciously. He then requested a photo, and she happily obliged.

Can you come in? Everyone wanted to see you, but Jaejoong told us you were tired, that’s why you didn’t come with him,” the friend explained.

Su Jin glanced at her husband, wondering why he hadn’t invited her and what he might be hiding. “Ah, yes, I just returned and was tired. Sorry,” she offered as an explanation.

As they entered the restaurant, all eyes turned to Su Jin, causing a commotion as everyone gathered to greet her. Feeling embarrassed by the attention, Su Jin bowed to each person in turn as they approached her. They all insisted on taking photos with her, including the girl who had confronted Jaejoong earlier, revealing herself as a fan of the nation’s pride.

 

Despite her desire to leave, everyone encouraged Su Jin to stay for at least another half hour. Unable to decline their hospitality, she reluctantly took a seat beside her husband. Leaning close to him, she whispered in his ear, “I’m not even wearing makeup or a suitable outfit for the event.

 

Jaejoong gently brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and smiled. “You look gorgeous,” he reassured her, taking her hand in his. He knew something had happened to prompt her unexpected arrival, which is why he wasn’t upset.

 

You still need to tell me what happened. I don’t want to ask my mom,” he reminded her softly.

 

Before she could respond, someone interrupted, “Hey, lovebirds, what’s happening?

Jaejoong responded with a smile, deflecting the attention away from Su Jin’s discomfort. “She says if she knew she would meet you all, she would have worn makeup and a nice outfit.

 

The group responded with compliments, which helped put Su Jin at ease. She spent the remaining time laughing with Jaejoong’s ex-classmates until she checked the time and decided it was time to leave.

 

It was a pleasure to meet you all. I hope it won’t be the last time. Jae, you should invite them home one day,” she suggested, earning applause from everyone.

 

It would be great to gather another time, especially if the reason is some pregnancy news,” one man added, earning a glare from Jaejoong.

 

Su Jin had had enough of the topic but maintained her composure with a smile. “Yes, it would be great. You will be the first to hear about this news.”

Then the owner of the restaurant and his wife decided to take another picture with her, and asked for permission to hang it on the wall, and she gladly accepted it. They then asked her another request.

 

Can you please film a short video advertisement for our restaurant? Or do you only accept paid advertisements from big companies?” the restaurant owner asked.

Su Jin felt flustered by the request, while Jaejoong's frustration began to boil over.

O- of course I can.” She then filmed a video asking people to visit the restaurant saying it was cozy and nice, and food was tasty.

Thank you, can you post it on your social media?” It was too much to ask.

The girl who doesn’t like Jaejoong smirked at him, and he knew what she meant. Su Jin was going to answer the couple, but Yoochun came to the rescue.

She surely has some contract restrictions; she can’t post video advertisements. She could face legal repercussions. However, she can post a picture in the restaurant, showing the name and the food, like a regular picture with a caption saying 'tasty',” Su Jin suggested.

 

Yoochun is right, and you can publish the video on your page. As long as it’s not me who does it, it’s fine,” she added.

 

As Su Jin left the restaurant, Jaejoong accompanied her to the car. “Sorry for putting you in these kinds of situations,” he apologized.

 

It’s okay, Jae. By the way, I think I'll spend the night at my parents. Do you mind?” she asked.

 

Is something wrong?” Jaejoong asked.

 

No, I just miss spending time with Mom,” Su Jin reassured him.

 

Of course, I don’t mind, but when you return home, you need to tell me what’s wrong,” Jaejoong insisted.

 

Okay, don’t drink. You need to drive, or else call a driver,” Su Jin reminded him.

 

Don’t worry,” Jaejoong replied with a smile.

 

As Su Jin opened the car door, Jaejoong noticed someone very familiar looking at them. He quickly took his wife by the arm, turning her to look at him, and hugged her. Su Jin, feeling his embrace, hugged him back, but then Jaejoong unexpectedly leaned in and kissed her. He didn’t know what he was doing. Su Jin was taken aback, frozen with confusion. She couldn’t respond, her mind racing with questions. Was it for show? Was he using her because of his friends watching through the huge glass wall?

 

The girl who was looking at the whole scene, was no other than Jaejoong’s ex, the model Kim Jiyeon.

 

Jaejoong pulled away, clearing his throat. “I'm sorry, Su Jin-ah. I don’t know what came over me,” he apologized.

 

Su Jin nodded silently and got into the car. Jaejoong returned to the restaurant, where he was teased by his friends, but his main concern was how his cousin, friend, and Minju looked at him.

 

Shortly after, Kim Jiyeon entered the restaurant, and for the first time in nine years, their eyes met. Jaejoong's gaze held nothing but disgust; he wished to never encounter her again.

 

Today is a model’s day,” someone joked, eliciting laughter from the group.

 

A little bit earlier and you could have met Jaejoong’s wife, still can’t believe he settled down.”

 

It could have been a good scene to see,” Kim Jiyeon added with a smile. Then, she dropped the bombshell, “I saw her outside,” leaving everyone in silence, they knew she saw them kissing.

 

Dinner was served, and the evening continued with pleasant conversation and laughter.

 

As Jaejoong glanced at his watch, he thanked everyone. “Thank you all for this great moment. I need to go. Enjoy the rest of the night,” he said, preparing to depart.

 

Why? It’s not that late.

 

Is it because of your wife?” someone teased and winked at jaejoong. As always Yoochun intervened at the right moment.

 

Sorry, guys, but we have a board meeting tomorrow morning, so we need to get some rest. Plus, we left our baby girl with her grandma,” Yoochun explained, standing up with his wife and Junsu. They exchanged farewells with everyone, particularly expressing gratitude to the owner, before heading to their respective cars.

 

Before Jaejoong could get into his car, Minju's voice stopped him. “What did you do?” she demanded, her tone sharp with accusation.

 

 

Jaejoong turned to face her. “What do you mean?” he asked.

 

You know what I meant, the kiss,” Minju pressed, her frustration evident.

 

Jaejoong ran his fingers through his hair, exhaling heavily. “It was nothing… A mistake, I guess,” he admitted reluctantly.

 

Minju's anger flared at his response. “Mistake? And mister is not even sure… I guess,” she scoffed, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

You did it to make your ex-girlfriend jealous?

 

It’s not like that. I did it—” Jaejoong began, but Minju cut him off, dismissing his explanation.

 

You are using and hurting an innocent girl who has nothing to do with your playboy life,” she accused him sternly.

 

Jaejoong looked at her, feeling the weight of her words, but he said nothing more as he entered his car.

 

Meanwhile, Chang Wook was with Su Jin, who had her head resting on her mother's lap while her mother played with her hair. They avoided discussing what happened in the evening, choosing instead to reminisce about happier times and share laughter over silly memories.