Getting along

The Warmth of Spring

Su Jin was back at MK’s headquarters. Since her father gave her back the shares she handed him before her marriage, she returned as a director.  After her meeting, she stopped by her brother’s office. He stood up when he saw her and hugged her.

“It has been a long time since I last saw you and I hate you for that.”

 “Sorry, you know I was busy. I miss you, big boy.”

“I miss you too. You are too busy to even call?” She hugged him again to apologize.

“I’m starting to get jealous of Jaejoong.” They both laughed at his joke.

When they were having lunch, they talked about many things that happened after Jaejoong's grandmother’s funeral.

“Did you start to like him?”

“I won’t say I like him, but I don’t see him as the bad guy I thought I wouldn’t be able to live with. Now I feel like he is the man you and Junsu described.”

“I’m happy you started to get along. I talked to him the other day. He told me you made up and you won’t pursue the divorce.”

“We are starting to get to know each other. We don’t need to rush and divorce now. And you know, it will surely impact everybody… and I don’t want to deceive his grandmother.”

“I think you will fall in love with him soon.” Chang Wook said while grinning.

“I think ours will be one of hundreds of families where the parents were in an arranged marriage and weren’t in love.”

“So you are open to having children with him without being in love?”

“If I don’t have a choice, why not? After all, isn’t that the point of us marrying each other? The parents want grandchildren.”

After chatting for a few more minutes, Su Jin came up with an idea.

“Why don’t we travel with our friends? We all need some rest, don’t you think?”

“It would be great. I’m in. I’ve been really tired.”

“Great, I will discuss it with Minju and Hana. You talk to Junsu.”

“Okay.”

Su Jin got home late, but before her husband. She took a shower and went to the dressing room in Jaejoong’s room. She was wearing only pants and her bras. She didn’t hear Jaejoong enter the room since she was looking at herself in the mirror. When he cleared his throat and greeted her, she turned her attention to him and greeted him back.

“I put on some weight, right?”

He was taking off his tie, but stopped immediately to look at her. But he didn’t answer her.

“I struggled to put on one kilogram, so I think it’s better now, right?”

“Aren’t you embarrassed and flustered that I’m here seeing you like this?”

She laughed out loud at what he said. “No, you thought that I would tell you to get out, scream and act shy?”

He nodded his head.

“You already saw me in a swimsuit, so it’s not a big deal, right?”

He nodded his head again. Su Jin walked closer to him and asked, “The question is, aren’t you uncomfortable seeing me like this?”

She wanted to joke with him just as he did with her, but Jaejoong moved closer and grab her by her waist, reducing the distance between them more. She felt his hand on her bare skin. His eyes were fixed on hers. She could feel her cheeks heating up.

“I should pose the same question to you, lady. Aren’t you afraid and uncomfortable?” She could feel his breath on her neck and it sent a shiver down her spine. When she saw that the atmosphere had turned into a serious one, she pushed him lightly and laughed awkwardly.

“ert.” When he heard what she said, he laughed and threw a t-shirt on her head.

“Here! Wear this and stop talking.” She did as he said and left the dressing room for him to change into his pajamas.

After dinner, Su Jin went to her room and so did Jaejoong. They both had work to finish and needed to concentrate. An hour later, Jaejoong heard a faint knock on his bedroom door and Su Jin’s head popped in. She was wearing a small smile and he knew she needed something. Jaejoong was in his bed wearing his glasses and holding some documents.

“Come here,” he said patting the bed.

“Sorry to disturb you at this time, but I need help.” She sat next to him while holding her computer.

“It’s okay. Do you have a problem?”

“I was preparing my presentation for Friday’s meeting with the directors and shareholders and I don’t know if what I did is good.”

“You are presenting a new project? Or just a presentation of the past results?”

“A new project. I am presenting the business model. I want your remarks and comments as a CEO and shareholder. I know you are strict and demanding.”

He laughed at her comment and took the computer to take a look at the presentation. “Okay, let me see it.” While he was looking at the slides, Su Jin explained the details of the project so he can have a clearer idea of the situation.

“The shareholders would be more interested if you put the internal rate of return and dividends. I will calculate it and add it here quickly.”  He corrected something on her presentation and discussed with her some points to strengthen the project.

“So if you were a shareholder at MK, would you accept the project?”

“Yes, I would like to invest in your project. MK is lacking in this field so it would be great to start this project and it will be profitable.”

“Thank you for your help. It means a lot. And sorry for taking your time.” She stood up and was ready to go.

“My pleasure. Don’t worry, I’m just reviewing some files and sketches since I didn’t attend the new collection meeting today.”

“Can I see the new designs? Please, I know it’s confidential but I’m dying to see them.” She said with her puppy dog look. He was hesitant, but laughed at her cuteness.

“Okay, even if I shouldn’t do it.” She was so happy. She laid down in bed and he started to show her the sketches. She liked what he showed her and gave him her opinion.

“Yes, the designers did great. They’ve worked very hard lately.”

Jaejoong was still holding an envelope that wasn’t opened yet so Su Jin asked about it. “What’s this?”

“Oh, it’s just the proposed models. I still haven’t seen them yet.”

“Let’s see it together.”

“Didn’t know you were a Balmain director. You know that no one is supposed to see this. On top of that, a model.”

“Yah, you don’t trust me? And now I’m not here as a model but your wife.” He was surprised at the fact that she was seeing herself as his wife and it sounded so sweet when she said it.

When they were looking at the models, they both discussed the suitability of the model to the concept of the collection.

“We can’t have this one at our Fashion Runway.”

“Why?”

“She received so much hatred when her past photos before her surgery were revealed.”

“If she wasn’t comfortable with her own skin, why would people judge her for her surgery? You don’t like plastic surgeries?”

“I’m against it. I don’t like it. If someone isn’t pretty, she should still love herself so that others would love her and to tell you the truth, I don’t like touching a girl who went under the knife. I told you I was relieved when I found out you didn’t undergo any. And to be honest, I still can’t believe it.” He said while touching her nose another time.

She laughed and said, “You still don’t believe me? My nose is identical to my mother’s.” He nodded and Su Jin sat on her knees to be able to face him and talk freely. “What are the other parts that you need to touch so you can believe me? Here, you can touch my cheeks.” She said while taking his hands and putting it on her cheeks. “Or my eyes and my lips.”

“I know your lips are natural.”

“How do you know?”

“Remember, I already kissed you and I can tell they are natural. Kissing filled lips is not enjoyable.”

She remembered their kiss at the wedding and blushed.

“There are two or three other parts I would want to make sure are natural, but I will control and restrain myself so don’t worry.” He winked at her to make it look like it’s a joke.

Su Jin was blushing much and she didn’t want to make it look obvious so she hit his arm and screamed, “Yah, you are the biggest ert ever.”

“I’m a man not an angel.”

“Yes, I know that Mr. Kim is a man who does not like commitment and prefers one-night stands.”

“Stop saying that. Don’t you see that I’m married and returned home as soon as I finished work? Women love it when their husbands do this.”

“Yes, you don’t spend much time outside unless it’s with Yoochun, Junsu and oppa. Jae can I ask you a question?”

“Yes, go ahead.”

“We are friends now so I can ask whatever I want, right?”

“Yes, of course.”

“I know that you have your needs as a man. Since we’ve been married, how many one-night stands have you had?”

“Why are you asking?”

“Out of curiosity, that’s all.”

“2”

“And when was the last one?”

“I don’t want to answer this. It will make things awkward between us.”

“It won’t, I promise.”

He started to think, remembering the exact date. “After we fought over your pictorials, I think.”

“Okay.”

“Su Jin, would you have married me if it wasn’t an arranged marriage?”

“If we knew each other better and we fell in love, yes.”

“What are the things that you look for in a man?”

“Mmm, he should be faithful, intelligent, attentive, have a nice smile and hands.” She finished her description with a smile and then added, “And he must love me. How about you?”

“Well, I know that you think looks come first. And even though looks and the body are the first thing we notice, I want a woman who is accomplished, real, caring and can be funny sometimes.” He smiled and looked at Su Jin for her reaction as he added, “She should be y too.”

She laughed and said with a high pitched voice, like the fake girls, “Omo, you are describing me. God must have listened to your prayers and sent me to you.”

They both laughed so hard that tears started to fall.

“I think you should continue your work. I’m going to bed.”

“I am going to bed too. I will finish reviewing the models in the office. If you need anything else with the presentation, let me know.”

“Thank you. By the way, I met with my brother today and discussed about taking a trip together with our friends. Did you want to come too?”

“Of course, we should all sit down and decide about the place and time.”

“Yes, please talk to Junsu.”

“Okay.”

“Good night.”