Divorce

The Warmth of Spring

After dinner at Jaejoong’s parents, Su Jin returned with him to their home, when they arrived she went to her room, took some papers and car keys, and went downstairs, to leave the house.

Jaejoong was in the living room talking on the phone, when he saw her, he didn’t understand what’s going on.

“Please hang up, I’ll call you later.” He then came closer, and asked “Where are you going?”

“To my apartment.” He just looked at her, not knowing what to say.

“I spent the night here yesterday, because Junsu told me to, now, I will go back to where I was before I left to the US.”

He sighed, and said with a low voice, “Why don’t you stay here?”

“I can’t, plus I need to travel to Japan in the coming days…”

“Just stay, I will leave the house for you. The other day, I did and said things that are not me.”

“Why would you leave your house, I am the stranger here, not you.”

“SU JIN-AH, please stop it, it’s your house too.” It was the second time he called her Su Jin-ah, he was sincere, and didn’t want to fight.

“Su Jin-si, can you sit down, and let’s talk about everything, l really want to understand some things, and I would like to apologize.”

“Jaejoong-si, no need to apologize, I wanted to give you these papers, please find a lawyer who can handle this without leaking it to the media.”  She handed the divorce papers, and looked at her left hand, and her fingers made their way to their marriage ring, she was going to take it off, when Jaejoong’s hand stopped her.

“Can you think about it again? We don’t love each other, we don’t like each other, but can we at least live with each other, I will never interfere with who you are dating or what you do. I lost many things in life, I’m not ready to lose my business, I can’t ruin the new project we are doing with your family.”

“All you think about is business, people and money, pff.”

“What do you want me to care about, love? There is no love, and I don’t think it will ever be between us.”

“Yeah, you are right, and by the way, I still want to divorce, please talk with your attorney.”

“Take a seat. Things like that should be discussed.” She went to the living room, and sat on the couch.

“Arrasso. What are we going to talk about?”

“Divorce is not an easy thing.”

“Why, I signed the papers, the only remaining thing is your signature.” He was shocked when he heard that she signed the papers, and couldn’t believe it, so he opened the envelope to check. He smirked, he tried to be patient and nice, but with this woman, he will always lose his temper.

“I guess you made your decision, if that’s what you want, I will discuss with my attorney, so we can divide the assets and prepare the alimony thing.”

“I don’t need alimony, and your assets belong to you, I don’t want them, I was not your wife.” He was boiling, he couldn’t stay calm with her way of talking.

“You don’t want anything from me, but I want something from you, so that you can get the divorce.”

“What do you want?”

“I want you to explain to me your problems with my secretary, and clear all the misunderstandings that I have.”

She laughed at his curiosity, “Well, your secretary, I just hate her, I don’t like her, I guess she will be happy to hear about our divorce. And it’s true, when I leave the house, I meet other men, and I’m not a .”

He raffled his hair, he was very irritated by this, he stood up, and said “You will take all the responsibility for the divorce in front of the parents.”

“Okay, I will.” She stood up too, and looked at the picture on the wall, it was their wedding picture, she smiled bitterly, and made her way to the door.

Couple of days later, Su Jin was invited to Nichkhun’s birthday, that was held in one of his clubs, Hana invited all her friends, Jaejoong, Junsu and Chang Wook were invited too.

Jaejoong came a little bit late with his cousin Junsu, when they entered the VIP box, they greeted everybody, to not make speculations about their relationship since there were many people, Jaejoong greeted  Su Jin, with a small side hug. Su Jin hugged Junsu, and said “ Oppa, how are you?”

He smiled and replied “Not that good, I heard some bad news.” And glared at her, she was going to respond when Jaejoong cleared his throat, he was sitting with Chang Wook probably discussing their new project.

“Su Jin-ah, I like your necklace, I think I’ve seen it before.”

“Yes oppa, it’s beautiful, your grand mom gave it to me, although I don’t deserve it, at all.” Jaejoong and her brother were listening to their conversation, and Chang Wook said “ You should probably return the necklace to its owner.”

“Ani, Halmoni gave it to her, even if we were not meant to last, she will be disappointed if she gave it back.”

After the party, Su Jin left for Japan, where she was supposed to stay 4 weeks, before she return to Korea. When she left she didn’t talk with Jaejoong at all, she was hoping to hear good news about the progress of the divorce, but he didn’t say anything, her brother and Junsu told her that he talked with the lawyer, and that the three of them were busy with the new brand they are going to launch together.