Shaky relationship

The Warmth of Spring

 

The last days in the United states felt like years to Su Jin, sometimes she blamed herself for the packed schedule, for accepting many offers, and staying for couple of months away from her homeland. But she preferred it instead of travelling many times in a short period, it was advised to stay there to not tire herself. 

On the weekend, she talked to her husband, and when he asked whether she booked her flight or not, she lied, and said that she will be back next Friday at 8:25PM, because she had one last pictorial to shoot. Jaejoong was happy to know that she would be home in less than a week, he promised her to pick her up from the airport, but she declined saying that her agency will send the van as always since she was with her manager and staff. But he insisted, and told her that he will be waiting for her.

 

Su Jin contacted her brother and told him that she would be back on Wednesday, and she wanted him to be there at 10:00 AM, of course she outlined that he shouldn’t tell Jaejoong.

At the airport, she was well covered from the cold and of course from people to not have a picture of her online. As promised Chang Wook was waiting for her, the moment he saw her, he got out of the car, and hugged her, she never fails to bring a smile to his face, even when he is disturbed by work.

 

“How was your flight?”

“Long trip as always, but I slept, I was super tired.”

“Where do you want me to take you? Home? Or to have breakfast?”

“I’m going to the hairdresser. I’m going to cut my hair.”

“Are you crazy? I will drop you home, eat and sleep. You can go when you have some rest, maybe tomorrow.”

“No, no, it’s okay. Can you for once, do the things I ask without scolding me like a father?”

“Okay baby, which salon? Don’t tell me Seok-Cheon’s salon?” She bursts out laughing at the face he made.

“Of course, he is the best, and I already made an appointment.” Chang Wook ruffled her hair and concentrated on the road, it’s not like he didn’t like Seok Cheon, far from it, he is his hairdresser too, but he was too talkative to his liking.

“And what am I going to do meanwhile you are taking care of your hair?”

“Euh, it’s obvious that you will be waiting for me, no?”

“Yes Madam. Thank god I am not the one who cater to your everyday whims, poor Jaejoong.”

 

It took her an hour to get her hair done, and the result was stunning, she needed a change after finishing all the commercials which obliged her to have long hair. She took her outfit from the trunk of her brother’s car, and changed in the salon. When her brother saw her, he couldn’t help but smile at how beautiful she was, photo Easy-Balayage-Straight-Lob-Hair-Styles-Women-Medium-Haircuts-2017_zps1yzh1a5h.jpg">her haircut looked nice, and herOffice visit outfit photo large_zpsyjkv56ku.jpg"> outfit was great.

“Woah, my sister looks great.”

“Did I look bad before?” Oppa, can you drop me off at Jae’s office?”

“Oh, that’s why you beautified yourself that much? Love can do wonders.”

“Stop it. Since I will have to go to the agency, then the company, he will be upset if he knew that I came earlier and didn’t visit, and you know, I did want to surprise him.”

The moment Su Jin stepped in the company, employees started whispering like the usual, but she didn’t mind it, and made her way to the reception.

“Good morning Mrs Kim. May I help you?” Mrs Kim felt strange to Su Jin but she somehow liked it.

“Good morning, is Kim Jaejoong here?”

“Yes, he is.”

“You don’t know if he is at his office or in a meeting?”

“I don’t know Mrs Kim, but I can call his secretary if you want.”

“No, it’s fine, I will go there and see. Thank you, and have a good day.”

 

The idea of surprising and seeing him was exciting Su Jin, she was more than impatient, and the elevator’s ride to the top floor seemed like an eternity. She checked herself in the elevator mirror, put her favorite winter fragrance, and a nice lipstick color. When the door opened, she went to his secretary’s office, but didn’t find anyone. After a faint knock on the door of Jae’s office, she opened the door, and peeked to see if he was there, when she got a glimpse of his back, she smiled and entered.

He was facing the door and talking on the phone, and his secretary and young man were with him, when they saw her, they bowed, she smiled and returned the bow. Jaejoong was oblivious that someone entered his office, he was way too concentrated on the conversation he was having with the head of the finance department.

 

Su Jin mouthed to his secretary “He is busy?” trying not to disturb him, but the secretary’s answer made him turn and see what’s happening.

“I think he will finish the conversation in few minutes.”

When he turned, he saw Su Jin smiling at him, she knew he was surprised to see her here, so she waved at him.

“Mmm, Mr Jung, excuse me I will call you back in a few.” He hung up the phone, and looked at Su Jin, then at his phone checking today’s date.

“It’s- it’s not Friday, right?”  She laughed at his dumbfounded face, and waved her hand “Hi!”

 

He tried to move, but hesitated, so he asked his employees “Am I dreaming, or seeing things?” and they shook their head as an answer. It was the first time he talked like this to them especially about something personal. The sight of her overwhelmed him, he stood there gaping, struggling to absorb her presence.

 

“Tada, surprise.” She opened her arms ready to welcome him, she wanted a hug from him badly. Without minding the presence of the two people, they hugged each other.

The man and the secretary smiled to each other, and decided to leave the room, until a further notice.

“Mr Kim, we will return to our offices, until you call us.” Jaejoong parted from his wife and looked at them, he didn’t want to show them his shyness, so he acted like nothing happened, and nodded.

“Okay, thank you.” They bowed and left the office. He turned to Su Jin, and smiled, a smile with a thousand words.

“You pretty little liar, come here.”  She did as he asked, and returned to his embrace.

“You missed me?” She playfully asked him, but deep inside her, she really was dying to know his answer, and hoping to hear him saying that he missed her.

“No, to be honest, I am quite disappointed.” She looked at him, in the eyes, but without breaking the hug?

“Why?”

“I still wanted to enjoy the two days’ freedom, I was expecting you to come on Friday.” Upon hearing his reason, she pushed him and hit his chest. Su Jin believed his words, she became sensitive lately, so she went to sit on the sofa.

“I am really stupid for wanting to surprise you. I thought you would appreciate it.” Jaejoong laughed at her naivety, but he didn’t expect her to sulk like that, so he joined her and sat next to her.

“I was just kidding, I missed you a lot, I never expected myself to be attached to you, we who were enemies at first.” He then took a lock of her hair and looked at it.

“And by the way this haircut looks amazing, you really are beautiful today. y classy wife.” Su Jin was delighted by his comment, she was skeptical when it came to her new haircut, whether he will like it or not.

“You like it?”  He continued playing with her hair and nodded.

“Who fetched you from the airport?”

“My brother, he was my driver this morning.” He laughed, and thought that even if she is down to earth, when it comes to her brother, she acts like a spoiled princess.

“You didn’t have lunch?”

“Not yet, I need to go to the agency, I have many things to do.” She looked at her watch, and continued “I need to go in a few.”

“Do you accept me to be your driver? Or you have your car?”

“No, you can just tell your driver to take me there, you need to continue your meeting. We can see each other tonight.”

“Okay, since you still have some time left, tell me about your trip? I saw some of your projects, and even if they are competitors, I must admit they were great, and your commercial for the perfume Good Girl was flawless except for that huge side split in the dress. Hahah but I guess it’s to match the concept of it’s so good to be bad.”

“I think you watched the advertisement too many times.”

“Whenever I was lonely I watched the Jay Park’s MV and this ad.” Even if he was laughing and teasing her, his words melted her heart, so she stood up and opened her arms signaling him to hug her, and he did as he was asked, she hoped he won’t misunderstand this hug for something else, but it was just that they started to become great friends.

“Don’t mistake this hug for me missing you.” He laughed out loud, he loved himself when he is with her, he laughs more than usual.

“Would you like to explain it to me, because I can’t seem to understand the meaning of this hug.”

“I miss your perfume.” And she was meaning it, she loved the mixture of his cologne and smell of cigarette.

“What does the Lee family have with the perfume thing?” The smile didn’t once leave his face, even when she broke the hug, and looked at him.

“What do you mean?” When he was about to answer her, he got a phone call, and she ushered him to take it. When she was waiting for him to finish his call, she received a message from her manager to tell her that she is waiting for her in the agency’s lobby.

 

Su Jin waved goodbye to her husband, and gestured that she needs to go, so he took his keys, and mouthed to her that he is going with her to see her off. When they left the office, Su Jin turned to the secretary and the man who were wondering if their boss was leaving without finishing their meeting. Since he was immersed in his phone conversation, his wife smiled and said, “He will comeback in 5 minutes.” She bowed to them because she was guilty for making them, and stopping their meeting.

Before making it to the elevator, Jaejoong finished his phone call, and looked at his wife,

“You are coming home late?”

“I don’t think so, I just need to go to the agency, to review my past activities, and then stop by the company to see Minju, that’s it.”

“What about the parents? You won’t see them?”

“I miss the days when I came back to Korea, and went directly to my parents’ house, I guess I will see them at work, and see them again with your parents tomorrow.” She then remembered the question she asked him before he got the call.

“Oh, you didn’t tell me, what do you mean by the Lees and the perfume?”

“Ah, it’s just that you make comments about the smell.”

“Who did it? My brother?” she laughed “That make him sound so gay.”

“Ani, your cousin, she said she liked it.”

Su Jin was shocked, she didn’t make any comment, she only smiled, to not show how bothered she was. She let an uneasy smile, and waved when the driver opened the door for her.

 

After having a two hours meeting with her agency’s CEO, she went to visit Jaejoong’s grandmother in the columbarium. She missed the late woman, she was her friend, she went there and talked about everything, with an open heart. She then went to see her parents, brother and friend Minju in the company. After talking briefly to her parents, she promised them to see them tomorrow, at either their home or her in laws’.

She eagerly went to Chang Wook’s office, where her friend was there waiting for her.

“I am dying to see Ji Won, I missed the little cutie pie.”

“I guess I am not that important anymore, you prefer my daughter.”

“Come on unnie, I miss you so bad, I am still not used to not having you around.” After some talking, Chang Wook asked his sister if she had lunch, since it was already way past 4PM,

“Yes, I had lunch with the boss.”

“Good, I thought he would be too busy to think about food.”

Minju grinned and looked at Chang Wook, “That’s the least thing he can do, with all the successful activities she had. By the way did he discuss with you your contract renewal?”

“Ah, I forgot, your contract will expire this year.”

“Yes, it will, but we didn’t discuss it. I am brain-dead when it comes to all this, I have many offers from local and international agencies, still don’t know what to do, renew, change the agency or form my own team without agency.”

Minju’s smirk grew wider, since she was never fond of Sidus HQ CEO, “He will die if you leave the agency.”

“Let’s not talk about this.”

“Oh, well let’s talk about how you made a fool of yourself, your brother told me about the texts you wrongly sent to Jae.”  Su Jin glared at her brother, and jokingly strangled him.

“He told you? Well he helped me, so I didn’t pass for a fool.”

“And you like him?”

“Well, I don’t know, I like it when he is around, but no feelings attached, you guys know me, I don’t get attached to someone who doesn’t like me.” That’s when her brother intervened.

“But he may like you, I can see it.”

“No, he is just used to having girls around him.”

 

Jaejoong drove to his house a little late, but happier than he was these last weeks. Usually when he came home, the lights are turned off unless the maid was still there cooking dinner for him. But today, the lights were on, and it wasn’t the maid, but Su Jin. He was happy like a little kid.

 

While waiting for him, Su Jin sat in the living room, where she found Jaejoong’s laptop, she was lazy to bring hers from her luggage. When he entered, he greeted her, and went to change into his sweatpants and t-shirt, and when he went downstairs, he went to the living room.

 

“Jae, I am tired, I think I am going to order some Korean food, I missed it.”

“I can cook.”

“It’s okay, let just sit without doing anything.”  She called their favorite restaurant, and they both sat on the sofa. Jaejoong saw his computer, and asked.

“Were you doing some researches?”

“Ah, yes, sorry I used your computer, I was too lazy to bring mine.”

“It’s okay.” He saw that was looking for a good gym in Seoul.

“You want to start training?”

“I always trained, but in the agency’s gym, and they changed the personal trainer, he joined another company. So, I was looking for either a personal trainer who can train me at home, or a good gym with good staff. Even if I don’t think it’s a good option.”

“Why? Training with other people is always a good idea.”

“I am not fond of private gym rooms, and I hate it when celebrities ask for evacuating gyms so they can train.”

“I know, why don’t you come to the gym I go to?”

“The same as my brother?”

“Yes, I often meet him there, with Junsu and Yoochun.”

“No, it’s a famous gym, and it’s overpopulated.”

“They are the best here, you can choose a personal trainer, and don’t worry I have been with them for many years and never had my pictures been released by the other customers. Plus, I hit the gym at 6 in the morning or late at night so you can go at that time too.”

“We could pass for the greatest married couple who can’t be apart even while working out.”

“That’s what we want.” Su Jin was quite disappointed with his answer, but it’s not like he was going to tell her that he really can’t live without her.

 

Su Jin went to bed and tried to sleep while Jaejoong was in his bed side reading a file with his night light on to not disturb Su Jin’s sleep.

But what disturbed Su Jin’s sleep was not the light but Jaejoong’s phone that kept beeping signaling that he had received all 5 messages at once one after the other. But it didn’t stop which made Su Jin look at him, and say “Can you just answer your text messages?”

“Ah, it’s not that important. Did it bother you?” She nodded, she was slightly bothered by the fact that he didn’t answer, it made her suspect that they were from a girl, but she shoved it away because she was way too sleepy.  Jaejoong the vibration on his phone, took off his glasses, and put the files on the night stand, ready to sleep, but his phone started ringing, and the vibration really disturbed Su Jin, but she didn’t say a word, however, the phone kept ringing and that made Su Jin stand up, look at her husband, and say.

“Why don’t you answer?”

“It’s not that important.”

“If it’s not important, then turn it off.”

“I can’t. Sorry for disturbing your sleep.”

“Can’t you tell her that my wife has made a bad surprise and came earlier than expected, so we can’t meet.” She didn’t give him the opportunity to say a word.

 

Jaejoong took his phone, he already knew who was sending him texts, but he didn’t read them. It was from Su Jin’s cousin, he didn’t want to tell her, because her irritation when he mentioned her liking his perfume earlier did not escape him, and he didn’t want to add fuel to fire, Su Jin already hated her cousin, and he didn’t want their relationship to go worse. It has been a week since Na Young started messaging him on his business number, that she may have got it from his business card. She texted him before about how can he allow his wife to be in a MV where they focused on her body, how free he is since she wasn’t with him…

 

He opened the texts he received now, they were all about questions about how he was doing, if he needed help since he was alone, saying she was bored, and some other stuff, she was basically flirting. He thought about blocking her number, but wasn’t sure since she was family.  He didn’t follow Su Jin, he knew she went to the other room to sleep, and it was not the right time to talk, since she was sleepy, and he didn’t know how to explain it to her.

 


I am sorry for not updating, I don't deserve to have you, you patient subscribers and co-author. 

I am having some big problems and downs, helth issues and carreer ones. Bear with me, there is another chapter that can be published soon too, it depends on Hayaley's scheduele. 

I prefer to update late rather than deleting the story. 

Let me know your thoughts about Jae and Jin