Reconciliation

The Warmth of Spring

"Who talked about you being a woman?" 
"I was just kidding, come on, give me your keys." He threw the keys and she caught them, he then when to the passenger's seat. 
"Where will we go?" 
"Didn't know you were that impatient." 
"I'm not in the mood to be joking or going around, I just want to stay at home."
"Please keep quiet, what are you going to do at home? You will start working, drinking and smoking till you die?" 
"F**k." He got angry, but realized that she was right, he spent all his days doing the same thing. He closed his eyes to calm down a little but soon drifted to sleep, he was tired, he didn't sleep much at night. 
Su Jin looked at him and smiled, and thought he did better, because the trip was almost an hour drive. 
When they arrived, Su Jin parked the car, and closed the car's door, which made Jaejoong wake up, he then joined her, while looking at the place they were at. 
"Where are we?" 
"You will see, follow me." 
They were greeted by a woman in her forties, who made them inside the building, and offered condolences to the couple,  Jaejoong was now aware that this is the place his grandma visited with Su Jin, he looked at the walls and saw pictures of the late woman with the kids. 
When they arrived at a big room, children made their way running to hug Su Jin who was wearing a large and bright smile. One kid asked her, 
"Noona, where is Halmoni? Why didn't she come with you?" Su Jin smiled, sat and made the kid sit on her lap, and looked at Jaejoong who was wondering how will she make a small kid understand without him crying. 

"Well, Halmoni didn't come with me today because she couldn't."
"Why?"
"She spent much time with you, so she went to spend some time with your parents so that they won't feel lonely." 
"Why? We will be lonely too." the kids said
"No you won't, she sent you one last gift. She sent a hyung and oppa for you, you will see, he is as sweet and kind as Halmoni. This is Jaejoong-si." 
He smiled, and played with kids, he felt like his grandmother was with him, he has never done something like that, and was extremely grateful to Su Jin.
He looked at her and smiled, and mouthed 'thank you' to her. She smiled and came near him and said "I will bring Junsu here too, he is not feeling well."
"Words are not enough to thank you Su Jin-si, you took care of my grandmother and now of us."

They sat and watched the kids eat, they were so happy, Jaejoong played with them a lot, and did his best to please everybody. 
"Hyung, you are the best." The other kids screamed a loud yes. Then a little girl asked
"Oppa, you and Su Jin unnie are married?" He smiled and said
"Yes, she is my wife."
"You will great parents, I envy your future kids." They both laughed, Jaejoong stood up and went to pick the little girl, he picked her up and raffled her hair and said 

"You are all our kids." Su Jin felt something different, he was a different Jaejoong, not the cold one, but a childish one, and her heart fluttered at what he said.

Then a little boy came sulking and placed his head on Su Jin's lap, he was about to cry 
"Hyunnie, what happened? Why are you crying?"
"Noona, last time you said you will marry me, but you're already married to Jaejoong hyung." Su Jin did her best not to laugh, so did Jaejoong, the boy was so cute, but the situation was really funny. 

"Don't worry Hyunnie, I'm waiting for you to grow up, then i will divorce your Hyung and marry you." The boy smiled,
"You will love me even if I will be an old woman, with many wrinkles?" The boy said a loud yes and hugged her. 

At the end of the afternoon, they bid goodbye to to kids and the woman in charge of the orphanage, the smile never left Jaejoong's lips. 

"Give me the keys, I will drive back home." She nodded and handed back the keys.
"Okay, but we are not going back home, I already booked in Lotte Hotel Seoul." 
He rose his eyebrow, and looked at her, so she answered before he asked.
"For now, it's a better option than the house. We will have dinner there, I already sent a suit to the hotel, for your meeting tomorrow morning."   

"Oh, okay, thank you." 
During dinner, they talked about their time at the orphanage, and it was one of the few times they had a proper conversation. 
"Didn't know you like kids."
"Seeing them smile is a great thing, their smile is really different."
"Since when you started going there.?"
"Well, I really don't remember, 4 years ago, but I rarely went there, because of work, but when I met Halmoni, and took her there, it became fun to go there."

"Thank you for all what you did with her, she told me everything." Just when she wanted to answer, a small group of friends came and asked for pictures with Su Jin, she looked at her husband and he nodded. He looked at how the guys didn't have proper hand manners especially when he was just in front of them. When she finished, other people, came asking for pictures and autographs. After some minutes she returned to her table, excused herself, and asked him,

"What were we talking about?" Su Jin asked, and  he laughed
"I think I should always book a private room in restaurants whenever I'm with you." 
"Sorry." 
"Your dinner is cold, do want another one?" 
"No, I'm fine, I'm done anyways, how about you?"
"I'm full." They both took the elevator and went to their suite. After their respective showers, Jaejoong joined Su Jin in the couch, to watch TV. 
"Su Jin-si, sorry for what I have said and done the other day. I mean the day after the interview and the other day." 
"It's okay, forget about it." 
"No, let's clear everything, can we?"
"Jaejoong-si we are both wrong, but I think that you and your parents knew my job before, and you saw my pictorials, and even the ones I did for Balmain, so I didn't expect you to be mad over something like that."
"Yes you are right, but you know, I was clueless in front of my mother, I won't ask you to not take these kind of pictures, but can I at least know beforehand?" 
"Of course, and sorry for the troubles I caused you with your mother." 
"Do you forgive me for the other day? For the words I said and what I did, I wasn't sober." 
"Jaejoong-si, it's okay, I forgave you." 
He smiled, and said "Can we drop the formalities?" 
She laughed and said "Of course we can.What should I call you?"
He laughed and took a while to answer  "In your interview, you called me Jae, I liked it, plus, I won't ask you to call me oppa."

She laughed too, and nodded."So you still remember that interview."
"Yes, normally I don't watch TV shows, but since I didn't know much about you, I knew that I would discover new things, and I did."
"You are talking about my phobia?"
"Yes, Chang Wook told me how you developed it, I promise I will help you to get over it, so we can go back to Cancun for you to enjoy it."
"Didn't know you were caring, thank you Jae."

"I discovered that you didn't undergo any plastic surgery, I can't believe it." He said while touching her nose, she laughed so much till her stomach hurt. "You better believe it."
 
After a moment of silence, Jaejoong decided to break it and talk.
"Su Jin-ah, about the divorce pap-" he was cut by Su Jin 
"How about being friends? You are that bad of a person." She winked at him and it made him laugh. "You are not bad either." 
"There is one last thing I want to know, your problem with my secretary."
She stood up, and smiled, "You are very curious, maybe another time, but not today." 

He stood up too, and came closer to her and gave her a long kiss on the forehead, "Thank you so much Su Jin-ah."