Late night

The Warmth of Spring

Su Jin felt like suffocating. She couldn’t take it anymore. Her cousin’s words and Jaejoong’s acting were too much for her to handle. She stood up from her seat and addressed both of them.

“I am going to my room. I need to look for some papers I need for my upcoming travel.” Jaejoong looked at her with some worried eyes.

“Do you want me to come with you?” He was hoping for her to agree because he knew she wasn’t feeling well.

“No, it’s okay, I will be back shortly. You can spend time with Na Young unnie. She wanted to meet you.” He nodded his head slowly. He was obviously annoyed.

Almost as soon as she left the living room, she returned and told him, “Jae, appa and omma are in the office. They are just handling some urgent matters. You can join them later.”

“Okay, I will see them in a few minutes.”

The moment Su Jin left, Na Young crossed her legs ily and cleared , which made Jaejoong look up from his phone.

“So Jaejoong-si, what should I call you? Oppa? Jae?” He smiled at her and adjusted his sitting position.

“Jaejoong would be fine.”

“Ah, ok.” She was slightly disappointed, but continued talking.

“You know, I was your fan since you became a CEO. I am always following your news.”

“Thank you, it means a lot.”

“So, Jae, tell me, how is married life like? Being married to a celebrity is not easy, especially a model. You know how models act. They are not fond of having a family. Their image and figure matter most.”

Jaejoong didn’t like the girl at all. He didn’t like the way she addressed him even after he was clear about it and he didn’t like the way she talks about her cousin.

“I couldn’t dream of a better life. I am a lucky man. As for how models act, I do know what they want and how they act, but it’s Su Jin we are talking about here. I guess you know her better than I do, or am I wrong? I am blessed to have her.”

Na Young’s anger was quite obvious as she stood up. “She is lucky too… I will bring you a cup of coffee.”

When she made her way to the kitchen, Jaejoong ruffled his hair and sighed, “despicable girl.”

All he wanted to do was see how his wife was doing and smoke a cigarette, but he is being suffocated by Na Young instead. She brought two cups of coffee and this time, she sat next to him instead of her original seat on another sofa.

He thanked her for the coffee, sipped the hot drink, but was quickly taken aback by her statement.

“Damn, you smell so good. I like men who smell good.”

He didn’t know how to respond. He was shocked.

“Did I make you uncomfortable?”

“Ani, thank you.”

“My pleasure, I only say the truth.” She put her hand on his thighs and he automatically stood up.

“Hmm, I am going to the garden for a smoke.” He didn’t wait for her answer, but made quick steps towards the garden. But then, she followed him and caught him in the hall.

“Wait, I will go with you. I need a smoke too.”

Jaejoong was going to answer, but much to his relief, he heard Chang Wook’s voice.

“Since when did you start smoking?”

“Huh? Recently, why?”

“Nothing, I need to talk to Jaejoong. I think you can postpone your need to smoke.”

Na Young cursed under her breath and went back to the living room.

“You saved me. I was having a hard time being alone with her.”

“Why? Su Jin wasn’t with you?”

“She went to her room. I felt her discomfort and wanted to go with her, but she wanted to be alone... I guess.” They both smoked and returned to the living room where the Lee couple were. Chang Wook called his sister and they all discussed various topics. But the glares Na Young was giving his wife did not escape Jae Joong even though Su Jin’s mind seemed to be lost far away. She wasn’t looking at anyone, but was only playing with her husband’s hand.

 

The ride back home was quiet. Jaejoong didn’t dare to talk. Su Jin was leaning against the window, deep in thoughts, which worried Jaejoong a lot. She would normally talk about her concerns. When they arrived home, Su Jin got out of the car first and quickly disappear into the house, while Jaejoong was opening the back passenger door to grab his coat.

As soon as he opened the front door, he was greeted with the sound of broken glass. He threw his coat down and ran to the kitchen, where he found Su Jin crouched in front of the broken glass with a blank expression.

He squatted next to her and extended his hand to her arm and whispered, “Su Jin.”

She gently pushed his hand away and tried to pick up the pieces of broken glass, but he stopped her and made her stand up. When she stood up, he looked into her eyes and asked, “Are you fine?”

She didn’t answer. Instead, she threw herself into his embrace. She hugged his waist with her arms tightly, and furrowed her head in his chest. He was shocked, but her loud, very loud cries snapped him out of it. He knew she needed to cry and knew whatever he said would not make her feel better, so he only caressed her hair and let her cry as much as she wanted. They stayed like that for about 15 minutes. Su Jin only cried harder and hugged him tighter. When she calmed down, he put his forehead on hers and looked directly into her eyes.

“When you are upset, show it, talk about it. If you can’t, you can do what you did just now, cry it out, but never cry alone. That’s why I am here.”

“Thank you.”

“Let’s take your medicine.” He took her to their bedroom, brought her a glass of water, and helped her lie down. He then massage her legs, arms and shoulders to help her relax. When she finally closed her eyes, he went downstairs, grabbed his phone, and made some calls, doing some research. When he returned to the room, he was surprised to see her watching TV.

“You can’t sleep?”

“No.”

“Are you feeling better?”

“Yes, much better, thanks to you.”

He smiled and said, “Then put on your jacket and shoes, we will go out.”

“Where?”

“You will see.”

Jaejoong started the engine and drove a long way, which made Su Jin question him. “May I know where we are going? Or what are we going to do?”

“We are going to relieve that stress of yours and get rid of your fears.” Su Jin didn’t understand what he was saying, so she raised her eyebrow. Her reaction made him laugh.

“Stress?”

“Didn’t mean it like my mom did before… Even if I really wanted to.”

“Keep dreaming, Mr. Kim.”

He laughed and pinched her cheek. “Even though I am married, I feel like I’m practicing clerical celibacy. This relationship will turn me into a priest or a monk. I am already abstaining from ual . From now on, I will dedicate myself to the service of God.”

His statement made his wife laugh. He smiled at her, relieved that she finally laughed, that he succeeded in making her forget about her fear, even if it’s for a few minutes.

“A priest will suit you better. At least you can keep your nice hair and it’s much better than meeting random girls.” He was quite shocked with what she said. He was curious to understand what she said, but he wouldn’t ask her directly, knowing she won’t answer, so he preferred to instead.

“Are you jealous?”

“Why should I be?”

“What do you mean by ‘much better than meeting random girls’?”

“It’s much better. It does not need an explanation. You want me to be a jealous wife? Okay, I am jealous, I am possessive. I don’t want to share my husband.” Su Jin answered in a sarcastic way, to prevent more teasing and questioning from him. They continued their trip in silence. Once they arrived, Jaejoong got out of the car, smiling widely while putting on his jacket.

Cheongpyeong River Land?”

“Yes, come,” he said while extending his hand for her to grab.

“What for?” She was dumfounded.

“Bungee jumping,” he answered while trying to apprehend her reaction.

“Seriously, Jae?”

“Yes, come on. You need an adrenaline rush. It will surely make you feel empowered, allowing your body to relax and break from the stress, anxiety and pressure you have been through.”

“What’s the height of the bungee jump?” Su Jin said with confidence.

“50 meters.”

“What? No way, I’m out. You can try it, I will be waiting for you in the car.”

“I’ve tried it before. It’s really exciting. You will like it, believe me.”

“Well, I’ve never tried it before and, I don’t think I will.” She crossed her arms, refusing to walk.

But Jaejoong wasn’t ready to give up because he was sure she would appreciate it and would feel better after. So, he bent down with his back facing her and said, “You really won’t come with me?”

“No.”

So, he took her arms and put them on his shoulders to piggyback her. Once on his back, she tried to free herself to return to the car, but he was strong, so she finally gave up. She stayed on his back all the way to the top of the bungee tower. When they arrived, she got off her husband’s back and were greeted by two employees. The first question Su Jin asked was the same one asked by the many scared people who have been there before her. “Is it safe?”

The two men smiled at her, because they saw her on her husband’s back.

“It is. It really is safe.”

“Don’t worry, Lee Su Jin-si. We have all the safety precautions.”

“Well, it only makes me worry more.”

“Are you going to choose the individual jump or couple jump?”

 Jaejoong and Su Jin replied at the same time, but with different answers.

“Couple.” Su Jin wanted to go with Jae to be comforted, but he had a different idea.

“Individual,” was Jaejoong’s answer.

“Why, do you want to kill me?”

“No, I know what I am doing.” He then turned to the guys and told them.

“We will do individual jumps first, then a couple jump. I will start first so that she can see that it’s safe.”

“Yes, sir. Which type of bungee jump?”

“The individual is an ankle harness; the couple is a body harness.” Jaejoong gave his phone and keys to Su Jin and jumped. Su Jin was scared and prayed that nothing will happen to him. When he came back to her from his jump, he asked if she was ready, but she shook her head. She was visibly terrified.

“Look, you will love it. You will admire the beauty of this place and you can scream all your worries away. It will give you the feeling of flying.”

He hugged her and she heard him count, “Three… Two… One. Bungee!” The next thing she could remember was being pushed and her loud scream rang out, which made Jaejoong laugh.

The wind was strong and her hair flew all over the place. Her fear finally turned to pleasure and she laughed because she was feeling free.

“Na Young, I hate you!  Screw you!! I will get rid of my phobia.” She took a deep breath. She was enjoying it, but it didn’t prevent her from crying, and so she continued screaming. “Screw this packed schedule, I’m tired!” She spent the next 10 minutes screaming about her worries, which surprised Jaejoong. He didn’t know she was under so much pressure and stress. But what surprised him was when she said his name.

“I will miss Jaejoong! 2 or 3 months is too much!”

When she finished her jump and rejoined him at the top, she wiped her tears and turned to Jaejoong, “Did you hear all that I said?”

“Ani, I only heard your loud scream.” He then ruffled her hair and gave her water to drink before jumping again together. When they jumped, it started raining. It was unexpected, but it brought more fun to the jump, even if it was dangerous.

Before getting to the car, Su Jin stopped in the middle of the rain and hugged Jaejoong. She then kissed his cheek. It was a long kiss, full of emotion. It said it all. It said how grateful she was and how much she appreciated everything he did for her.

 


Hello dear readers!

Kim Jaejoong is finally here, he was discharged and looked healthy, and more handsome than ever. When I saw the pictures, tears were there, like when he enlisted, but now they were happy tears. 

I want to thank all those who subscribed, and those who comment. I appreciate it. Thank you so much. Keep up with your comments, they motivate me. 

A big thanks to my dear co-author Hayaley, please read her story Butterfly Aria, you will fall in love with it, I have always been Jaejoong's fan but this story made me love him more.

Happy new year!