Interview & fight

The Warmth of Spring

Su Jin went with her staff to SBS’ headquarters and prepared herself for the evening show. Since it was a live show, she was a little stressed. And the emcees are known for their sensitive and direct questions. Her mind was with Jaejoong. She didn’t know why he looked stressed since they came back from Cancun and she wondered if he will watch the show since he will be home when it goes on air. 

“Hello, yorobun, I’m Yoo JaeSuk.”

“I’m Yoo HeeYeol, and welcome back to your weekly show ‘The Truth Date’.”

"Ne, thank you to our dear viewers for the high ratings. It really makes us want to do our best.”

“Ne, and as a reward, today’s guest is special.”

“She doesn’t appear on too many shows so it was hard to get her here especially at this point in time.”

“She accepted to be here because of her friend, Yoo JaeSuk-si.”

JaeSuk laughed at HeeYeol’s comment and said, “Please welcome our guest, our pride, LEE SU JIN!”

Lee Su Jin entered smiling and waving to the public. The two emcees went up to her. She bowed to them. They offered her handshakes and she accepted gladly.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Lee Su Jin. Please take care of me.” She bowed again to the public and the emcees.

YJS: “Su Jin-ah, thank you for being here with us today.”

LSJ: “My Pleasure.”

YHY: “Su Jin-si I will speak informally to you like Yoo Jae Suk does, is it okay?”

LSJ: “Yes, of course, please do so.” 

YHY: “First of all, I want to tell you that you look beautiful. I also want to congratulate you and JaeSuk as you were both voted as number one favorite top stars by viewers.” They stood up and bowed and thanked all those who voted for them. HeeYeol continued, “And I want to thank you for joining us here, even if you were so-called dragged here.”  

This statement earned a laughter from the whole set. HeeYeol continued, “Dear viewers, Yoo JaeSuk harassed her with many messages and calls, and he nagged her during her whole wedding. By the way, thank you for inviting us to your wedding, and congratulations again.” 

YJS: "I knew that she would be busy. I did it so that she won't forget."

LSJ: "It's okay, I didn't have a manager back then so it was either a representative from the agency, the CEO or me who has to take care of the schedule. And I can't say no to JaeSuk oppa." 

After some moments of fun chat, HeeYeol told her that they will start the real questions and that she should be truthful. 

YHY: "What's your problem with the model Yoo Seung Ok? Is it due to competition?" 

LSJ: "I didn't know there was a problem until recently. And I don't think that it's because of competition. She is a fitness model and I am just a model."

YJS: "Well, she recently said that the problem was because you interfered with her work."

LSJ: "Yes, that's what I heard but I really don't know what she is referring to."

YJS: "So you didn't read what she said two days ago?"

LSJ: "No, I didn't. "

YHY: "Let me read it to you. 'If i had a good background like someone, I would have many opportunities and I would be called the nation's pride. This nickname shouldn't be given to anyone. Some people are proud of her; some are not, such as me. How can a plastic beauty represent Korea? She messed up many opportunities that were given to me. She stole work that was meant for me. She thinks she is the one giving me work. She speaks badly about me to CEOs and designers so that I can't model for them. And she says that if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be able to model. She doesn't respect anyone. She told me she can give me advice if I wanted to model for Victoria's Secrets. How dare she say this when she couldn't even be one of their models?"

Su Jin was shocked when she heard all these things about her. "Woah, I really don't know what to say. I don't like to reveal things that happened between me and others but I feel like I really need to defend myself here."

YJS: "Yes, please do so. We are here to hear your explanation."

LSJ: "Yoo Seung Ok-si and I were colleagues. We met at a certain fashion show. We greeted each other backstage and got to know each other. She asked if it was possible for me to recommend her as a model to the brands I know. I agreed. One day, I was obliged to decline a modeling offer. The person responsible for the offer asked if I could suggest someone who would be a good model and I told him Yoo Seung Ok-si. When he met with her, they had a problem and he told her that if it wasn't for me, she wouldn't model for them. It wasn't me who said those things. I still have texts from the representative explaining to me everything that had happened."

YHY: "Can you tell us about the Victoria's Secrets problem? And can we know why they didn't ask you to be their model?"

LSJ: "I once heard that her goal was to be the first Korean to model for Victoria. She called me and asked if I knew what are the things they require. I told her I knew someone there and will send him her pictures to see if she can model for them. The person called me and told me that she should lose some weight. All I did was pass on the message. For your second question, Victoria's Secrets sends me offers twice a year and I always decline."

The public and the emcees were surprised and asked her why.

LSJ: "My parents were against me being a model especially my father. He told me that our family was a conservative one. He wouldn't like it if someone calls him and asks him to manage his daughter. He wouldn't like me exposing too much skin for my activities. For him, modeling in a bikini would not get me too far."

Everyone clapped and cheered for Su Jin. 

YJS: "Su Jin-ah, how many plastic surgeries did you undergo?"

She laughed and answered, "0."

YJS: "Yesterday, the director called Su Jin and asked her to join him at a plastic surgery hospital. She accepted. A well-known doctor will tell us how many surgeries she has had, having completed his check-up yesterday."

Just then, a video was projected in the screens of the set showing a doctor talking, "After examining Lee Su Jin-si, I can declare her a natural beauty. We checked her face, nose, eyes, lips, legs, and s. She has never undergone a surgery and here are the proofs." He started showing the CT scans.

YHY: "Let's go back to Yoo Seung Ok's problem. Before your wedding, she tweeted 'poor man, he married a gold digger.' Was it about you?"

LSJ: "I don't know. I once opened my twitter account and found many people mentioning my name in her tweet. All I can say is everyone has the right to say whatever they want. As long as I know that I didn't marry my husband for his money, that’s enough." 

YJS: "Speaking of money, do you make more money as a model or as a shareholder of your family's company?" 

YHY: "I really want to know too."

Su Jin laughed and said, "Really?  Do I need to answer this question?"

They nodded.

"Well, it depends. I'm not one of the biggest shareholders but I receive a salary as a designer. Sometimes, those two added are more than my modeling career and sometimes I get more as a model." 

YHY: "You being a married woman affected the modeling offers or no?"

LSJ: "To be honest, when I announced that I was getting married, international brands and companies still wanted to work with me. Nothing has changed. Some brands sent more offers. However, it wasn't the case in Asia. Some clothes brands cancelled their contract with me." 

After discussing about the CFs, they were back to the modeling shoots and then they changed the subject again.

YHY: "When you were a guest on Running Man, that episode had the highest rating. It dethroned Big Bang's episode. Hope it will be the case with our show."

She smiled and said, "I hope so too."

YJS: "The Running Man director told me that you were so motivated when you were offered to appear as a guest but you asked if it was possible not to have a game in a pool or at the beach. I know why. But can you tell the viewers the reason?”

Before answering, she prayed that Jaejoong wouldn't be watching the show.

LSJ: "Well, I suffer from aqua-phobia. It's not an extreme one since I can shower but I can't swim in pools or the ocean. It used to be extreme but I have received treatment and still need therapy."

Yoo Jaesuk laughed before commenting.

YJS: "I won't ask the reason you became aqua-phobic but how can an aqua-phobic person spend her honeymoon in Cancun? Who chose the destination?"

LSJ: "My husband did."

YHY: "He doesn't know about your phobia?"

LSJ: "I guess he knows now. I'm in big trouble."

YHY: "How come he doesn't know?"

LSJ: "We were dating for two years but we never had the chance to travel together or even spend summer vacations together because of our schedules."

YJS: "I know you asked me before the show to not talk about your husband but I bet everyone here wants to know more about you and Kim Jaejoong-si."

The audience clapped and cheered.

YHY: "How are you doing with pregnancy?"

Su Jin laughed so hard. "I'm doing fine. People will take this joke seriously. I just want to say that Jae oppa and I aren't thinking about children right now. So I will answer the pregnancy question after a few years."

YJS: "Su Jin-ah, are you happy with your marriage? I know that you have a loving and kind husband. I had the chance to meet him. What do you like most about him?"

LSJ: "I can't be happier. Marriage was the most important decision in my life but it's also a big step for me to be happier. Jae oppa is a responsible and sweet person. I like how he takes my side, how he supports me. I like everything about him." 

YHY: "You had some difficulties after you announced your marriage."

LSJ: "The rumors were upsetting. From pregnancy, business deal, to me being after his money. They also said that beauty and a slim body won't last forever so I should marry now. I had a hard time back then but my family and friends were there for me." 

YJS: "What do you want to tell your husband from here?"

LSJ: "Jae oppa, thank you for marrying me. I actually feel really bad every time I travel when we were dating and I will feel awful whenever I will have to travel or have a packed schedule, leaving you alone. Since I am now your wife, I will do my best to be a good wife." 

After the show, Su Jin went home. She expected not to see her husband but when she was walking up the stairs, she saw Jaejoong standing in her way. She bowed and said, "Still working?"

"Ani, I was waiting for you."

She saw that he was furious. "You shouldn't wait for me in the future." She bowed and was about to go to her room when a hand stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what? Tell you that I’m working late tonight?"

"Stop acting stupid! I'm talking about your phobia."

"It's not something important."

"It's important! How can you say this? That night, when I thought you had a nightmare, it was because we went into the ocean, right?"

"Yes, you are right." She was going to leave again but a loud voice stopped her.

"DON'T YOU SEE THAT I'M STILL TALKING HERE?"

"There is nothing to add. It's just a phobia. I won't die, okay?"

"Now you are bringing your y side out?"

"Yes, I'm a . Just leave me alone."

Jaejoong sighed in frustration and tried to calm himself down. "Why didn't you tell me the truth when I asked you directly? I asked you the other day if you fear water and the day of our wedding, I asked if you had a problem with my secretary. Each time you either lie or keep things from me."

"Why did you invite her? Are you dating her?"

"Don't act like you are jealous. And I don't date anyone from the company. That's not the subject here. What did she do that day?"

"She didn't do anything. I'm the one who did everything. I'm the after all!" She ran upstairs, tears in her eyes. She didn't want to cry in front of him. 

He regretted hurting her. He was frustrated. He wanted to follow her and apologize but he was mad at her for not telling him about her phobia. At first, when he started watching the show, he felt bad for her, hearing about the other model blaming and lying. He was extremely happy to know that she wasn't a plastic beauty, just like he has thought and was going to apologize to her when she came back. His respect for her and her family grew when he heard about modeling with bikinis and lingerie. But towards the end, he got mad because he remembered how she was suffering after the dive. 

The next morning, Su Jin woke up and prepared breakfast as well as Jaejoong's suit, like she did the past two days. She also ate before Jaejoong woke up. She wasn't avoiding him because she doesn't like playing hide and seek with people. She just had a very early photoshoot. 

 

At lunch, Jaejoong called Chang Wook to see if he had some free time. He invited him and Yoochun to a restaurant so that they can talk. They greeted each other and talked about work.

"You had a fight with my sister?"

"She told you?"

"No and that's what makes me worried."

"H-how did you know?"

"I just watched the show and I know that she didn't tell you about her phobia. It probably made you feel bad because you were the one who suggested Cancun."

"May I know why she fears water?"

"I know she won't tell you but you deserve to know. When she was 15, we went on a trip with our mother's brother. He has a daughter who is one year older than Su Jin. I knew my cousin hated her. I don't know if it was jealousy or something else. But Su Jin enjoyed spending time with her. One day we were at the beach and they wanted to ride a jet ski. My cousin was the one who was driving and Su Jin was in the back. She wasn't wearing her life jacket and fell into the water. My cousin just laughed. She pulled a prank and left Su Jin there. She spent two weeks in the hospital. In the past, at the sight of water, she would start to hyperventilate, her blood pressure and heart rate would increase and she would have a hard time breathing. Now she is doing much better. Still, when she tries to swim, she will sweat, shake, cry, and tremble at night." 

Jaejoong remembered what happened that night. He told his friends everything that happened during their honeymoon. Chang Wook felt bad for his sister. He knew that she did her best and suffered while snorkeling so as not to not ruin Jae's vacation.

When Jaejoong arrived home, he found Su Jin in front of the TV playing with his cat, Jiji. He smiled and greeted her. She looked at him and greeted him back. He took a shower and went down to the kitchen where his wife was cooking dinner. He didn't say anything. He only looked at her and remembered what her brother told him. He was thinking about how much she had suffered and what she did when she met her cousin.

"You need help?”

“Taste this and see if it’s spicy or not.”

He did as he was told. “It’s very spicy.” 

“Should I make another one? I like spicy food but I can fix another one for you.” 

“I love spicy food, don’t worry. About yesterday…”

“I don’t want to talk about it. Just forget it.”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hello dear readers! 

I'm back with another chapter. What do you think about it? i know it was quite boring with the interview.