Fill an empty heart

The Warmth of Spring

Hello guys, sorry for my long hiatus, I had so many problems. Thank you to the lovely subscribers who still waited for an update. This summer was the worst - my aunt's husband has cancer, he had surgery, I was feeling down with many financial problems, friends letting me down, I had many health issues, and recently I have tachycardia, or heart palpitation. I don't leave my bed, always tired. Please enjoy this update. I know it may be boring for some, but I promise, the next chapters will be better. Thank you Hayaley for always being by my side and cheering me up.


 

Yoochun entered Jaejoong’s office, to attend the meeting together as always. His friend was by the window drinking his coffee. He approached him and tapped his shoulder.

“You seem tired. Didn’t get enough sleep?”

“Oh…Yes, I only slept a couple of hours.” His statement made Yoochun laugh.

“One might say you are the one having a baby in the house. What will you do when you and Su Jin have a baby?” Jaejoong glared at his friend. He knew that Park Yoochun meant no harm, but Jae didn’t like to talk about it.

“Su Jin was a little bit sick. That’s why I didn’t sleep.”

“Is it something serious?”

“No, don’t worry. She is fine. I will tell you later. Let’s go, I’m sure this meeting will make me go ballistic.”

“There are many problems with the procurement department. They went way over budget.”

In their way to the meeting room, they discussed the legal issues they will face due to this problem.

After hearing the explanation from the procurement manager and his unprofessional excuses, Jaejoong’s blood started boiling even more. The manager was arguing with Yoochun over the issue when Jaejoong suddenly stood up because he couldn’t take it anymore.

“I guess you are not getting the extent of the unprofessional mistake made by your team and by the head manager of the finance department, who signed and allowed this budget oversight. We work hard to not fail in accurately forecasting production. Production is not on a large scale because we are offering luxury goods and we don’t proceed by economy of scale, so I don’t get why you ordered all these raw material, resulting in excess inventory. Your job is to prevent these things.”

Jaejoong was so angry that he took off his tie and ed the first three buttons on his shirt. He continued with his scolding, but the employees were focused on the almost fresh scratch between his neck and his chest instead. Some female employees even started whispering. Their minds have wandered to some distasteful thoughts and they were most certainly not concentrating on the meeting .

“The overstock will be sent to the US in the next few days, which will generate more costs and outlay, resulting in a cut to your budget, and of course your bonuses.” With this he left the meeting room, followed by his friend.

“You have never given this kind of sanctions.”

“They have never made this kind of mistake. The cold boss is back since they have many mistakes recently. Hope they will wake up and make progress.”

“Not so sure about that. They weren’t really concentrating.”

“Huh?”

“You had a rough night yesterday? You finally did it?”

“What are you talking about?”

“The scratch on your chest… The employees were whispering about it and my ears didn’t fail to catch Su Jin’s name being mentioned.”

“What they said is the least of my worries.”

“You are not going to tell me what happened? Is it Su Jin or some random girl?” Yoochun said playfully while raising his eyebrows.

“I told you Su Jin was sick. You know she was not making any progress with her therapy with the assigned coach so now it’s either Chang Wook or me who helps her and yesterday, we had a tough session. She was shaking so much even though she was on my back. She was so tense and scared. That’s how I got the scratch.”

 

Before lunch time, Minju asked Su Jin to accompany her to Kim Corporation because she needed her husband’s signature for some baking issues.

“Go, I will wait for you in the car.”

“Why? Get out, we will only give those papers to the receptionist and go grab lunch.”

Look at what I am wearing! I thought we would only be going to lunch. I am not going to embarrass myself in a fashion house.” Su Jin said while laughing.

“Come on, you are wearing a cap. No one will recognize you.” Su Jin finally gave in to her friend’s nagging.

When they entered the building, Minju went directly to the receptionist, followed by Su Jin.

“Hello, I am Park Minju. Can you please deliver these papers to Park Yoochun?”

“Of course we will. Do you want to leave him a note, or- Oh here is Mr. Park.”

Su Jin and Minju turned to see Yoochun with Jaejoong and Junsu who were not expecting to see the girls here.

“Oh, what are you doing here?” Yoochun asked while giving a hug to his wife then a hug to Su Jin.

“Stopped by to give you this, then we are going to have lunch. How about you guys?”

“Going out for a smoke, then lunch.” Jaejoong answered since he was the only smoker.

After some small talk, Junsu received a call while Yoochun and his wife went to sit down, so he can read the papers and sign them. Jae was left alone with Su Jin. He put his arm around her shoulders, then quickly removed it, remembering that he was still at work and as a perfectionist, he wants to always appear professional in his work place.

“Aren’t you cold? Even if it’s sunny, there is some cold breeze.”

“I’m fine, enjoying the last days of summer. I wanted to stay in the car really.”

“Why? I wouldn’t have seen this cute little pie.” He said while pinching her nose.

“Didn’t want people to start saying that the CEO’s wife is not presentable. And look at us now, we don’t match, we don’t look compatible.” He laughed and hugged her, he likes it when she starts being silly.

“You look fine. You had your medicine, right?” She nodded and held his hand.

“Yes, I did. Thank you for yesterday. Your help means a lot me.” He laughed and looked at their hands, but didn’t mind it though.

“It’s okay Jin, even if it started gossips and curiosity among some employees at a meeting.”

“Huh?” He showed her his neck and she started to laugh hysterically.

“Sor-Sorry, they must have been imagining their pain in the CEO in action.”

“Yah, I am not that strict, come on.”

“It’s okay, they will think that you are happily married.”

They were in their own bubble. They didn’t mind the employees who were whispering about them:

“How can the cold-hearted boss be this sweet?”

‘Love do wonders. Kim Jaejoong never displayed affection in public, he looks so happy.’

‘She is so fuc-ing gorgeous! I would be the happiest man if I had her too.’

‘I can’t believe that the man I am seeing now and the angry CEO from the meeting earlier are the same person.’

‘He is a pure professional. He is nice and strict when it’s necessary. You should see other CEOs, they are so not like him. I admire him.’

 

When Minju finished chatting with her husband, they joined the other couple. Even with the boys’ insistence to have lunch together, the girls declined since they haven’t been spending much time together. Minju needed to return to work and Su Jin was going to the agency after lunch.

In the evening, Jaejoong returned home with a terrible headache because of work troubles, but he managed to smile when he saw his wife in the living room reading some papers with the TV on. He sat down next to her.

“What are you doing?”

“Reading the lyrics and script of Jay Park’s MV.”

“Oh, yes, he called me the other day to be sure I don’t mind.”

Su Jin was taken aback by what he said. “Really? I don’t understand why he did that. It’s just an innocent music video, not like what Jay used to do.”

“It better be a video without dirty scenes or I will kill you both.” He said with his head leaning against the sofa, his eyes closed but she could hear his faint laugh.

“I said INNOCENT! I guess he called because the filming is in Seattle and as you might know, it’s his last album with our agency, so I couldn’t refuse.”

Jaejoong only nodded his head. He wouldn’t oppose it, but what bothers him more is the fact that this time, she will leave the house for a very long time. After filming the music video, she had other schedules that would take approximatively two to three months.

“I will take a shower, change and be right back.”

When he finished his shower, he was heading downstairs when he heard a voice coming from the TV.

“It’s your first variety show, right?”

“Yes, it is, but it’s only my first in Korea. I have been on shows in China and Japan.”

The voice made Jaejoong stopped where he was. He recognized the voice. He returned to the master bedroom, shook his head and decided to join Su Jin. He cleared his throat and sat down next to her, not daring to look at the television.

“What are you watching?”

“I like this model, Kim Jiyeon. Too bad she didn’t make it in the Korean industry. She only appeals to the Chinese and Japanese market. She seems nice and adorable, right?”

“Can you turn off the TV or change the channel?”

“No, why would I? I want to see the whole show.”

Jaejoong was starting to get angry, “Can you for once do as I say?”

“Yah, what happened to you?” They were interrupted when they heard Su Jin’s name being mentioned.

“Su Jin-si is a great person. I am happy she found the right person.”

“Do you think of settling down too? You are older than Su Jin-si, right?”

“Yes, I am. Well, the day I find the right person, I will settle down.”

Jaejoong turned off the TV, slammed the remote and went to the dressing room to get ready to go have some drinks with Chang Wook and Junsu. He passed by Su Jin without saying a word. She was left speechless.

 

The next day, Su Jin went to her parents’ house since she missed them, but didn’t fail to send a text to her husband to ask him to join her later, even if she was still upset with what he did yesterday.

When she was with her parents, her brother came home earlier to spend time together like they always do, but an unexpected guest came by. Su Jin and Chang Wook’s cousin, who caused Su Jin’s phobia came to see her aunt. She was the last person Su Jin expected to show up. It’s not that Su Jin has not seen her since the incident, but whenever they met, it has been awkward.

After the greetings, Su Jin was left alone with her cousin Na Young.

“Sorry I couldn’t attend your wedding; you know I was still studying in Australia.”

“It’s okay, uncle explained and congratulated me in your stead.” Su Jin was slightly uncomfortable. As always, whenever she sees her, she remembers the incident and knew deep inside that she would have trouble sleeping tonight.

“I wanted to meet your husband too.”

“He will be coming by. You can meet him then.”

“Did you know that I liked him before you met him? I even bought every magazine he was in.” Su Jin didn’t respond. She just smiled. They changed subject to their future projects and plans. After what felt like half an hour, Na Young decided to start talking about her cousin’s private life.

“I heard that it was an arranged marriage. Is it right?”

“You know me, I wouldn’t have accepted an arranged marriage.”

“If it’s Kim Jaejoong, I would have accepted it right away. So, are you sure that it’s not an arranged one and you loved each other after you worked together?”

The moment they started talking about their marriage, Jaejoong arrived at his in-law’s place and was greeted by an anxious Chang Wook, who explained the whole situation and asked him to help Su Jin because Na Young would continue to bother her until she gets a confirmation about the arranged marriage. Jaejoong went directly to where the girls were and before Su Jin could answer her cousin’s question, Jaejoong greeted her by bowing and extended his hand to her.

“I’m Kim Jaejoong. You must be Na Young-si, right?” Su jin stood up next to her husband.

“Yes, I’m Su Jin’s cousin.” She blushed, but smiled seductively. As an answer to her smile, Jaejoong grabbed Su Jin by her waist and kissed her lips slowly.

“I’m sorry, Na Young-si, I had to do this. My baby is a little upset. I made her angry yesterday and I miss her terribly.”  Su Jin was only thinking about the kiss. It was their second one and for the first time, she felt like Jaejoong was a real husband to her.

“Do you forgive me? You know I was stressed with work.” He kissed her temple and she blushed while nodding her head. “So girls, what were you talking about? Did I interrupt an interesting conversation?” He took his wife’s hand and could feel her distress. She was shaking. He understood that the only thing she was thinking about was her phobia.

“Ani, I just asked about your marriage.”

“Aah, she had me from hello. I loved her for two long years and after marriage, my love only became wilder.”

She needed to hear these words to comfort her. She wanted him by her side. He could fill her emptiness, the emptiness of a heart.