Marriage announcement

The Warmth of Spring

 

Minju and Yoochun invited Su Jin and her brother Chang Wook, Jaejoong and his cousin Junsu, Hana and her boyfriend Nichkhun, to celebrate. Minju is 4 months pregnant with a baby girl.

When they were all sitting and chatting in the living room, Junsu took the opportunity to speak with Chang Wook and his sister. He wanted to get to know her better.

“I was your fan since your debut. I can’t believe we will become family.” Junsu said smiling.

“Thank you so much, Junsu-si. It’s a pleasure to have a family member as sweet and funny as you.”

“I’m older than you. Just call me Junsu oppa, if Chang Wook hyung is okay with it.”

“Of course, I’m okay.” Her brother was happy to see that the two were getting along. After a long chat, Junsu decided to bring up the arranged marriage.

“Jaejoong hyung may seem cold and rude but believe me, once you get to know him, you will see a different person. Your brother knows this side of him. I know that you don’t talk to each other much now. Can you please forget any hurtful things he has said in the past and start anew?” 

Her brother has only been listening but decided to chime in, “Yes, Jin, Junsu is right. Why don’t you both try to work this out? What is Jaejoong lacking? I know love is important but it’s time to face reality. If you want, you can get married, then divorce later but I would prefer that you try to start a family with Jaejoong. He is really trustworthy. I’ve known him for a long time.”

“Oppa, he doesn’t want a divorce. He already said that. But he is rude to me. He doesn’t respect me. I know he hates models and he shows it too much for my liking.”

Junsu let her finished, then said, “Look, treat him well and he will change. I know that I am asking for so much but believe me, you will be happy with him. I’ve seen the way he treats the ones he loves and to be honest, you are definitely his ideal type. He wants a beautiful girl who is not only intelligent, kind, and y but also cute.” He winked to make her laugh a little bit. And she did.

“Okay, I will try but I’m not promising anything. It depends on-” She was cut off by Minju.

“Su Jin-ah.”

“Yes, unnie?”

“Yoochun oppa and I decided that you will be the godmother of our daughter,” she said happily and her husband added. “And Jaejoong will be the godfather. What do you think?”

Both of them nodded and said, “Thank you, it’s a pleasure.” They were happy that they were chosen.

Before leaving the house, Jaejoong approached Su Jin and said, “Do you have some time tomorrow?”

Junsu answered before she could, “Yes, she does. She told me she is still on vacation.”

Jaejoong glared at him, then signaled for Su Jin to walk towards the door so they can leave. She nodded, turned to the others and bowed, “Goodnight. See you tomorrow.” 

When they were in the elevator, Jaejoong asked the same question again, waiting to hear her answer. She replied, “Yes, I am free. Why?”

“I want to find a new home for us. I don’t want the parents to do it.”

“You have a house. Why would we buy another one?” 

“I didn’t want to impose on you to live in my house. Do you want to see it?”

“I want to live in your home. As long as you have a big dressing room for the both of us.”

He laughed at her comment and opened the door of the passenger’s seat. “Don’t worry, it’s very spacious.” The ride was silent, but when they arrived at Jaejoong’s house, Su Jin cleared and said, “It looks beautiful from the outside.” 

The home was modern with a big garden and swimming pool. When he opened the front door, she saw some classy furniture. She likes his taste. They toured the whole house, then sat down in the garden. “Your home is very beautiful.” 

“If you really like it, then it becomes our home.”

She stared at him. His words touched her.

When she stayed silent, Jaejoong added, “And I want you to put your own touch on the house. You can decorate it as you wish.” 

“Ani, everything is nice and classy.”

“I insist. It will make you feel that it’s your home too.” He said with a genuine smile that she has never seen before. 

“We can do it together. I don’t know if you will like my taste.” He nodded. She then asked him to take her home. When they arrived at her place, she said before exiting the car, “Jaejoong-si.”

“Yes?” 

“Can we announce our marriage sooner?”

“What?” 

“If you don’t mind.”

“Hmm, I don’t mind but I need to know why you changed your mind?”

“I feel the pressure every day. I want to face the dating confirmation and marriage announcement at the same time. I don’t think I can face the media twice and I want to settle all these before my vacation ends.”

“Okay, let’s talk with the elders, then plan for a press conference in three days. What do you think?”

“Thank you.” 

After they have both spoken to their friends, family and her agency, they decided that the press conference will be held at the headquarters of the Kim Corporation. Media outlets were informed about the conference involving Kim Jaejoong and Lee Su Jin. It became the topic of discussion for the two days before the press conference.

Su Jin got ready. She wore a simple classy dress paired with makeup and headed to Jaejoong’s office. He was still signing some papers so he didn’t feel her presence even though his secretary had knocked before Su Jin entered his office. When he finished and saw her, he stood up in a momentary daze. He liked what he saw. The simple Su Jin was attractive. Her natural makeup, simple and classy chignon, and no accessories, made her look even more beautiful.

“Oh, you are here.”

“Yes, I just got here.”

He checked his watch, and said, “Have a seat. The conference will start in 30 minutes. Do you want something to drink?” 

“Yes, water please.”

He turned to his secretary who was glaring at Su Jin and asked her to bring some water for Su Jin and coffee for him, then turned to his wife-to-be. “You seem nervous. It’s just a simple conference. I’m sure you have attended and spoken at millions of press conferences.”

“I’m scared.”

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” Then, he tapped her shoulder gently. She lifted her head and looked at him. He cleared his throat and said, “Besides, Chang Wook, Yoochun and Junsu will be there. You can keep your eyes on them.”

Journalists were ready in the conference room, waiting for the couple who weren’t there yet. Su Jin and Jaejoong met the boys in the lobby. When Chang Wook saw his sister, he hugged her and let her relax in his arms. The three guys cheered them on before their entrance into the conference room. Like a gentleman, Jaejoong offered her his arm. Then said, “Well, let’s go.”

When they entered the room, arm-in-arm, photographers started taking pictures. They definitely did not expect that many journalists. After they sat down, Su Jin’s agency representative, who was sitting next to her started the press conference. 

“Hello everyone, I’m Sidus HQ’s representative. Thank you for joining us here today. As you know, we recently confirmed the dating rumors between Lee Su Jin and Kim Jaejoong, but could not share any details as it concerns their private life. They are both here today to make an annoucement.” 

Su Jin looked at Jaejoong, smiled before speaking, “After confirming our relationship, we have received a lot of congratulatory message. We are extremely grateful. To be honest, I was afraid of the reaction from my Korean fans but the messages have been heartwarming. I am really sorry that I couldn’t tell the fans and media before the rumors spread with the evidences. We couldn’t do it before because of our tight schedules. We apologize.” 

Jaejoong knew she wouldn’t be able to face the journalists with the marriage announcement so he had decided to do it. “We have dated for two years and our feelings are genuine, so we have decided to get married.” 

Everyone started talking and typing the news. Jaejoong continued, “I have thought about marriage and I wanted to get married soon, living a stable and comfortable life. I knew I could be happy with Su Jin as my wife.” He looked at her and smiled.

“If it wasn’t for this person next to me, I probably would not have thought about marriage yet,” Su Jin added. “We are planning to get married this summer before I return to my activities. However, we have not finalized the date. We are thinking that it will be some time this summer.” 

The representative then added, “We will take 5 questions.”

One journalist stood up and said, “Is this an arranged marriage?” 

Jaejoong answered cooly. “No, this relationship has nothing to do with our parents or business.”

“Is there a reason for marrying right after confirming your relationship?” 

Su Jin decided to answer. “No, we were going to announce it even if there wasn’t any dating rumors. I’m 25 years old and he is 27. I think it’s the right moment to start a family.”

“Is this marriage going to make this easier for the Kim corporation to have Lee Su Jin modeling for them?” 

Jaejoong let out a small laugh and said, “Kim Corporation knows the formal procedures to follow if we would like to have Lee Su Jin as our model. When it concerns work, we know to remain professional.” 

“Lee Su Jin-si, are you trying to cover up a possible pregnancy?”

She was furious but her brother was in the back of the room and gestured for her to remain calm, shooting her a smile.

“This is a normal marriage. We have nothing to hide. We are not thinking about having kids right now.” 

The representative for SidusHQ decided to speak when he noticed that Su Jin had tensed up a little bit. “If that was the case, I’m sure you would have known before this. Please, one last question!”

“Kim Jaejoong-si, Lee Su Jin, oh, or should I say Kim Su Jin-si?” Both of them smiled. “First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your upcoming marriage. And my question is ‘Did you know that since you made your relationship public, you have been voted the hottest and most perfect couple in Korea? What do you think about the label? And where will you spend your honeymoon?” 

Jaejoong responded laughing, “Honestly, I had no idea, but thank you. We hope everyone will give us their support especially Su Jin’s fans. We haven’t thought about the honeymoon yet but it will remain private. Thank you.”

They both stood up and bowed while everyone clapped their hands. Then, journalists and photographers started asking for pictures. Jaejoong hugged his fiance’s waist and they both smiled at the cameras.

Then they met with the boys in the lobby before leaving for the Kim’s mansion, where the parents and friends were gathered to celebrate the announcement of their marriage.

In the car, their phones were ringing non-stop. Su Jin turned off her phone while Jaejoong answered all the calls since they were from shareholders and investors calling to congratulate him. 

At the Kim’s home, Su Jin was laughing with Jaejoong’s grandmother and Minju. They were listening to his grandmother telling them about her youth. They laughed at the stories. Then the lady told Su Jin about how much she loves Jaejoong and Junsu more than all her grandchildren and practically begged her to take care of Jaejoong because he deserves a girl like her, and assured her they will be happy together.

Just then, Jaejoong came by. He hugged and kissed his grandmother, talked a little bit, then said “Grandma, Minju, can I take Su Jin with me?” 

The old lady smiled and said, “Of course, sweetheart.” Minju agreed too.

The model bowed to the elder and followed Jaejoong, who turned and said, “Let’s have a small chat in my room.” She didn’t reply. Just followed him.

When they were in the room, he gestured for her to sit on his bed and he brought a chair to sit down, facing her, “Can you make up with your father?” 

“Why?” 

“Why? He is your father. You are not going to hold that grudge forever.” 

“I won’t. But I feel like i was sold and used in a business deal.”

“You are not going to cry about it for the rest of your life.” 

She huffed out in irritation. He continued, “I know that it’s difficult to be locked in a house with a person that you don’t love. But all you have to do is act lovey-dovey when we are out and smile in front of your family. In our home, you will be free.”

She nodded, stood and fixed her dress, ready to leave. But his hand stopped her, “Su Jin, I know that marriage means a lot to women and I don’t know if we are going to make it work, or if i can give you what you have always dreamt of. I was told that proposals mean everything to women. That’s why I want to offer you this.” 

He dropped to his knee and showed her a beautiful, and most likely, very expensive engagement ring.

“Will you marry me?” 

She was shocked. She didn’t expect him to do this for her. She was somewhat happy, so much so that she started to tear up. She laughed to hide her tears, nodded and said, “It’s not like I have a choice.”

He stood up and put the ring on her finger, holding her hand to look at it. She suddenly hugged him. He was surprised. He didn’t expect that type or reaction from her.

“I didn’t know you would be this happy marrying me since you were complaining all the time.” 

She blushed and said, “How did you know my ring size?”

“I asked. Sorry, I bought it without asking you. I don’t know if you like it.”

“It’s beautiful. I like it. I’m sorry I didn’t buy you a ring.” 

“We can do it later.”