Meeting

The Warmth of Spring

Lee Su Jin took a shower and got dressed, putting on a simple yet elegant coatdress: Being that it’s Spring.She then headed off to the office. She was a punctual person, that’s why she left her house early, to avoid traffic jam. 

 

When she arrived, her manager and a representative of her agency were waiting for her.

Baek-si, please don’t make things difficult especially regarding our financial matters. And for the schedule, I will discuss it myself.” He nodded his head and smiled. 

 

Park Yoochun asked the security guards to let him know when Lee Su Jin’s group arrive, so that he could greet them at the entrance: To maintain Kim Corporation’s good reputation, for sure. Just as they were told, they called Yoochun as soon as they saw the guests at the parking lot.

He bowed. “Hello, I am Park Yoochun, the one who called you. Welcome to Kim Corporation.” The three of them smiled and bowed in return. 

Hello, I am Lee Su Jin. This is Song Minju, my manager and Mr. Baek, the representative of the agency.” She offered him a hand, and he shakes it in return.

They started a small discussion while making their way to the elevator. A receptionist came to ask for an autograph and pictures, but backed off when she noticed Yoochun was upset with her behavior. It was not appropriate for her to be doing that. Lee Su Jin looked at him.

Yoochun-si, it’s okay. I don’t mind.” She smiled at the girl, took the pen and gave her an autograph, snapping a photo as well. The receptionist bowed and thanked the Model. 

Lee Su Jin found others looking at her. Their eyes were saying that they too wanted a picture so she made a short announcement. “We are running a little late, but I promise, when I’m done with my meeting, I will come and take pictures with all of you.” 

Yoochun smiled and thought, “What a way to get rid of fans and still look kind.”

They talked until they reached the President’s office, where they were greeted by a secretary: A girl in her twenties wearing a skirt and blouse. Su Jin didn’t miss the glare that she gave her and felt uncomfortable. 

After some introduction, the room became filled with lively conversation. Jaejoong turned to Su Jin and thanked her, "I appreciate your decision to collaborate with us. It's a privilege to have you on board."

She smiled. “Thank you, I will do my best.” 

Jaejoong was fascinated by how shy and sweet she was, but reminded himself that it was all fake. He cleared his throat and talked about her projects and activities in Korea.

"I miss Korea. I haven't had the chance to spend much time here lately."

"Your schedule seems quite packed," he replied

"Yes, indeed. I typically only manage about three months in Korea each year, in total."

He nodded and looked at his watch. "It’s already 10:30 AM, the meeting will start soon." 

Everyone stood and made their way to the meeting room, followed by Jaejoong’s secretary.

At the big doors of the meeting room, they met Jaejoong’s father, who gestured to the others to enter the room. He stopped Su Jin. "You grew up to be a beautiful lady, Su Jin. I remember how small you were when our families used to travel together on vacations."

After some small talk, they entered the room, and was met with many bows.

Jaejoong sat next to his father and Su Jin sat next to Yoochun, who handed her the designs for the new collection. In awe, she kept trying to decide which creation was the best. She whispered to her manager, "I really like all the designs. They are all different.” She complimented the designers, and was more than happy to find out that she will be working with male model: Won Bin. She was proud that the new campaign promotes koreans internationally.

The next thing that was discussed was the schedule for the shootings, CF filming, fashion show and after-party. But how can all of these activities fit into their schedule? Minju explained how they could fit specifically and everyone started feeling optimistic. Before the scandal, they had told all their affiliates that the show will be on the 21st of April.

When they left the room, Jaejoong invited everyone to lunch. Su Jin checked her phone for the time. "Oh, it’s already 2:00 PM!"

Jaejoong nodded, mastering his poker face with a fake smile. He had seen her lock-screen picture: A smiling man, which only confirmed his opinion about models—they are always after good-looking and wealthy men.

"The pleasure is all ours. So what would you like for lunch?" Jaejoong asked the three of them. "You can choose anything. Anything is fine with me." Su Jin leaned in and lowered her voice to a whisper, "You see, I promised the employees to take pictures and I'm gonna have to do that." She bowed and headed for the lobby.

Yoochun’s jaw dropped. He didn't think Su Jin was going to keep her promise. "She's different Jae."

Jaejoong laughed, but turned to watch her taking pictures and signing autographs for all the employees.

After lunch, Su Jin started on her activities. Sometimes, she would go without sleep for days, but it made her happy when she sees that her activities were successful. The CF project for Balmain and the Malls of the Kim Corporation were filmed, and they were perfect.

After the last photo shoot had ended, she changed into her own clothes and sat down on the couch to relax with Minju. Yoochun and Jaejoong, followed by his secretary, came by the changing room where they were.

Jaejoong offered his hand. "Thank you for your dedication and excellent work. The photos and CFs turned out perfectly. Can I offer you some Americano or hot chocolate?" Su Jin chose Americano and her manager took the chocolate. He then turned to his secretary, "Minyoung, get them the drinks please."

Minyoung quickly returned with their requests but with a menacing plan. As most competent secretaries would do, she handed Minju her hot chocolate, but tripped and spilled Su Jin's coffee all over her arm. With a hint of insolence, she apologized for the coffee stain she gave the model. "Sorry, I wasn’t watching my step."

Jaejoong quickly noticed and yelled at her with a threatening voice. "Minyoung! What is wrong with you!?"

Minyoung stuttered. "I'm sorry."

He hurried to Su Jin with a shirt he grabbed off the rack. "Are you alright?"

Su Jin smiled. "Yeah I'm fine."

"Gosh, your shirt. It's ruined..." Jaejoong turned back to Minyoung with angry eyes. "Minyoung, I can fire you for th-"

"No, no, no!" Su Jin interrupted. "It was an accident! She didn't intent for it to happen." Despite the redness on her arm, the model did not want to admit that she was in pain.

"Let's get you to the hospital." Yoochun offered.

"No, I'm fine. I'll run it under cold water."

He stared at her with wide eyes. "Su Jin, that looks like a second degree burn. You need to get it treated."

"Uhm…Well. Grab that emergency kit. I'll just bandage it all up!" She smiled, and held her ground until everyone sighed in agreement.

The fashion show was a success, there were guests and reporters from all over the world. Many well-known celebrities were present to view the Balmain collection.

 

The after party was reserved for only businessmen and women, celebrities and designers. Su Jin spoke to most of the guests, but stayed beside Kim Jaejoong. They were busy discussing about their collaboration when they noticed their friends laughing and touching each other’s arms. "Minju and Yoochun-si are getting along. It’s the first time I've seen her act like this with someone." Su Jin said, smiling but a little bit surprised.

Jaejoong responded, "Well, Yoochun has talked to me about her."

Su Jin raised her eyebrow. "What did he say?"

Jaejoong laughed. "Well. He's interested in her. She's his type." Su Jin was going to say something but he continued, "Don’t worry, Yoochun is not a player." 

"Did you just read my mind, or what? How did you know I was going to ask that question?" Su Jin smiled.

Jaejoong shook his head. "If only I could read minds... I could have avoided so many problems." Su Jin didn’t respond. "Anyways, Yoochun isn't like that. I don't even think he's capable of it..."

"Yeah. It's just that Minju’s the world to me. I worry about her a lot." Su Jin chuckled.

Just then, Minju and Yoochun came by. "What are you two up to?"

"Just talking." Jaejoong said indifferently and there was an awkward pause.

"Jaejoong, give me your phone." Yoochun asked. Without question, Jaejoong gave him the phone. Yoochun soon returned it and whispered in his friend’s ear. "You can thank me later."

Su Jin looked at Jaejoong’s phone and saw the picture Yoochun took. She thought it was nice, but noticed Jaejoong’s angry countenance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Su Jin was invited to a live talk show. It was hosted by a female presenter and it was going to be one of her last activities before flying to Paris. She was dressed in a simple outfit

"Congratulations on your successful collaboration with Balmain. Your photos were perfect and you made the cover of more than 30 magazines in just two weeks. Every time I turn on the television, I see you!

Su Jin laughed. "Thank you, but I credit the success to Balmain. It’s due to their amazing designers, photographers and management.”

Later in the show, the host asked, "We heard that you declined many offers to appear in music videos, Korean and American ones, why?

Su Jin replied with a question, "Where do you hear these things? You know a lot about me.” The audience laughed.

"Well, a little birdie told me."

It’s true I had many offers, but I declined them. For many reasons actually, but specifically because I want to represent an actual story. Something meaningful."

The host then asked, "Could you make an exception? When we were backstage, you were listening to a korean song."

Su Jin smiled. "I really like Kim Jong Kook-si. I like his voice and his songs. He can be an exception."

The audience started to applaud.

The interviewer asked. "Netizens recently posted pictures of you at his concert in Seoul. Did he invite you?"

"Yes I was at his concert, but he didn’t invite me. I went there in between my activities. Too bad I couldn't meet him!" Su Jin laughed along with the crowd.

Well, maybe he's watching this! Anyhow, what goes on between these activities? Is it easy to make friends?"

"Well, my best friend is my manager, Song Minju unnie. We've known each other for a long time. Celebrity wise, I have a few."

"Can you give us some names?"

All the audience clapped their hands, curious to know who.

"I get along with all the celebrities in my agency, ‘SIDUS HQ’, but I have two close friends: Jay Park oppa and Kim Woo Bin oppa. Woo Bin and I became friends at Seoul Fashion Week 3 years ago. I was modeling for Prada.” 

Just then, Lee Su Jin heard the audience screaming and applauding. She turned around to find Jay Par, walking towards the seat beside her.

The presenter stood up to greet Jay Park. "Thank you for being here today."

He bowed to her, at the public, and then gave Su Jin a friendly hug. "My pleasure, and please don’t mistake this hug for something else. She hates scandals and rumors." He said laughing then took a seat next to his friend.

"We just talked yesterday and you told me you were still in the U.S. You were complaining about how busy you were.” Jay laughed hard. "Sorry, I had to lie. When I heard that you were going to be on this talk show, I called them to be the surprise guest. I was disappointed when I heard that you'll only appear in Kim Jong Kook sunbae’s MV. How about me?” 

Su Jin smiled. "We'll see."

The host smiled. "Jay Park-si, Lee Su Jin-si just told us that when you first met, she didn’t know you two were from the same agency. You were surprised?"

Jay Park laughed. "Let me tell you something. When we first met, she didn’t know who I was. We were in the U.S. I met her at the airport and she was waiting for her flight to come back to Korea. When I saw her, I sat next to her because she was alone. She looked at me and smiled. I asked her if she was Lee Su Jin and she said yes. She asked if I was going to Korea and I said yes. I thought she knew who I was but I was surprised when she asked me who I was."

Su Jin blushed and smiled. "Then I told her everything about me and told her we were from the same agency. We spent so much time on the plane talking we didn’t even sleep. People may think that she is arrogant because she doesn't even know the people who are in the same agency. She's just busy, I guess."

They continued their talk about friendship until the host took out her iPad and read the live tweets that the netizens had sent to the show. One of the tweets was for Jay Park. "Jay Park, this one is for you: It says ‘Is Lee Su Jin your ideal type? If yes, would you consider dating her?’" 

They all laughed at the tweet. "Well, of course she is my ideal type! Isn’t she the ideal type for all men?" All the men in the audience shouted in agreeance. "I don’t know... She wouldn’t want to date me. No, I'm just kidding. We are just friends! So my answer is no."