Whispers of the Heart

The Warmth of Spring

Author's note: A long yet light chapter before the big reveal

Share your opinion, I can't wait to read what you think

---------

 

The ceremony ended at 6:00 PM, leaving the evening open for whatever the friends had in mind. They wanted to meet and stay up late catching up and spending some quality time together since the next day was a Saturday.

 

 

"Where shall we meet? I'll give Minju a call so she can join us," Yoochun proposed.
"How about Pierre Gagnaire at Lotte Hotel?" Chang Wook suggested.

"Sounds good! They have great carpaccio. I'll treat!" Junsu offered happily

 

However, Kim Jaejoong had a different idea. "I'm dead tired, guys. How about we gather at our place instead?"

The long hours of preparation had taken their toll, and the events of the day had left him feeling drained. Moreover, his mind was preoccupied with thoughts of his recent conversation with Jiyeon.

 

"If we head home now, you'll just crash and leave us hanging. Don’t forget that you promised us a drink together” Chang Wook complained.

Jaejoong chuckled at his brother-in-law's persistence. "No, really, I'm wide awake. I just need a quick shower, a change into something more comfortable, and then we can relax. We could even have the restaurant deliver the food.”

Yoochun agreed to Jaejoong’s plan “I don’t mind. Since we will meet at your place, we can all return home, change, I don’t want to spend the night in this suit, I bring Minju and Ji Won, and we meet in 2 hours then.

 

They all agreed, and everyone joined their respective cars. Lee Su Jin had been unusually quiet the whole time, not uttering a word until they were on the road.

"Jaejoong, everything alright? You seem off since you returned from the restroom," she asked softly, her eyes filled with concern.

 

Jaejoong was never one to readily share his feelings, preferring to keep emotions to himself. However, he didn't want to leave Su Jin without an answer. After a moment of contemplation, he replied,

"Nothing, just tired," shifting his gaze from the road to her and offering a small smile.

"I know you, and I can tell you're preoccupied by something," she said gently, even if she knew his sudden mood swing is because of Jiyeon.

 

Jaejoong sighed.

"I'm sorry you had to deal with Jiyeon today," Jaejoong said. "I didn't expect her to be here, and I definitely didn't invite her.

Su Jin squeezed his hand reassuringly. "It's alright, Jaejoong.

 

After a moment of silence, Su Jin shared her thoughts “I feel she still has feelings for you.”
she confessed, catching Jaejoong off-guard with her honesty. He didn't expect her to voice her concerns so openly.

 

Jaejoong's grip on the steering wheel tightened slightly at Su Jin's words.

 

"It's in the past, Su Jin,” he replied, his tone firm but gentle.

But it doesn’t mean she forgot you or stopped loving you,” Su Jin persisted.

Su Jin has always had the talent of discussing topics he doesn’t want to talk about. “Su Jin-ah, she left, and the story was over since that time.

 

They arrived home, quickly taking showers and changing into more comfortable attire. Jaejoong settled onto the couch in the living room, while Su Jin busied herself with her phone, engaging in a conversation with her American manager.

 

As their friends arrived, Su Jin greeted them warmly, embracing her friend Minju and Ji Won who had not attended the event. Once everyone had settled in, the food arrived, and they eagerly gathered around the table to enjoy their meal together.

 

Amidst the chatter and laughter, Minju noticed Su Jin's preoccupation with her phone and asked.“Jinie, you have been on your phone this whole time, is there something wrong?

Su Jin offered a reassuring smile. "Ani, unnie, just work stuff."

"What's new in the world of business?"

Su Jin's eyes lit up with excitement as she shared the latest developments. "Well, I've got 10 potential contracts on the table, and they're with some big names. I could use your expertise on navigating through these offers. You always know how to handle these situations better than I do."

It’s true that Su Jin had received proposals from big names, but in reality, she wasn't checking her work emails. Instead, her attention was drawn to Jiyeon's Instagram photos. Jiyeon had posted numerous pictures from the event, and in some of them, Jaejoong could be seen in the background. However, what bothered Su Jin the most was the captions that accompanied these photos.

"Caught in a moment of nostalgia at the grand opening event. Sometimes, unexpected encounters bring back memories you thought you'd forgotten."

 

She quickly shoved her feeling, and return her attention back to her friends.

Junsu was trying to give food Ji Won, he was smiling at her, so he looked at Yoochun and Minju.
Guys, any plans for giving Minju a baby sister or brother?

Yoochun laughed “I would love to have 3 kids, but Minju says she can barely handle one, let alone two or three

Minju rolled her eyes playfully. “I would love to have two kids, I just want to make sure our hands aren't too full, Junsu-ah.”

Yoochun smirked. “So when Mrs Park?.

Minju hit her husband’s arm playfully "When you learn to change diapers without making a mess, maybe then we can talk about it.”

Junsu laughed at their bickering “I love kids, I would love to have 3 kids too. What about you Su Jin?

Su Jin smiled “I -“ She was about to answer when she was interrupted by Jaejoong

Ji Won is like a daughter to us, so we are not thinking about having kids.” Su Jin felt a pang of hurt at his words, but she concealed it behind a forced smile and nod. She couldn't understand why Jaejoong was so reluctant about starting a family.

 

"You might change your mind once you experience true couplehood," Chang Wook interjected, sensing Su Jin's discomfort and attempting to change the subject. "So, what do we have for drinks tonight?

 

Su Jin managed a strained smile. "You asked for the most frequently bought item by Jaejoong. We've got all kinds."

Their laughter filled the room, masking the underlying tension.

 

The girls went to the kitchen to prepare the fruits and cheese and crackers platter, and seized the opportunity to talk a little.

"Su Jin, you seem troubled. Is something bothering you?" Minju inquired, her brow furrowing with concern.

"Jiyeon was at the event, and she approached me," Su Jin revealed, her voice tinged with unease.

"What did she say? And where was Jaejoong?" Minju pressed for details, her curiosity piqued.

 

Su Jin sighed "She didn't say much directly, but I could sense that she still has feelings for Jae. And when Jaejoong intervened, there was an undeniable tension. He must have had strong feelings for her in the past" Su Jin confessed.

Jae may seem cold, but it looks like when he is in love he can be a different person.

 

"I believe so too. Our time in Greece was amazing, and it made me wonder how he would treat his girlfriend or wife if he was that sweet with me," Su Jin added thoughtfully.

To be honest I don't quite understand your relationship. Sometimes it seems like you two can't stand each other, and other times, it's like you're deeply in love," Minju admitted.

Neither do I.

 

Meanwhile the guys were in the living room talking and waiting for the girls.

"Ahh, I don’t know how I would wake up early and go to the gym," Jaejoong complained, sinking into the couch.

"I heard you've been hitting the gym quite often lately," Chang Wook commented, raising an eyebrow.

Yoochun seized the opportunity to tease, "The poor man has so many frustrations, Chang Wook. He should let it all out."

 

Junsu chimed in, adding to the banter, "To be honest, you're doing really great, Jae. Not everyone can stick to it for so long…No nightstands, no married life. Bravo

 

Chang Wook couldn't resist continuing the tease, "Gym is better than night stands, at least you get abs.”

Jaejoong chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully. "You guys can be funny sometimes.

 

When the girls returned, they drank, talked, and enjoyed their night. Junsu, on the other hand, was busy taking pictures with Ji Won, capturing some cute and funny picture with the little girl.

 

He then took some pictures with Su Jin.

"Jinie, you don't mind if I publish these on social media, right?

"Of course not, oppa. Feel free," Su Jin replied with a warm smile.

"Great! Let's take a picture of all of us together," Junsu suggested enthusiastically. Everyone nodded in agreement.

As they prepared for the photo, everyone settled into their places. Su Jin, however, struggled to find a spot. Seeing her dilemma, Jaejoong reached out and pulled her gently onto his lap, ensuring she was included in the group photo.

As Su Jin found herself seated on Jaejoong's lap, their friends couldn't help but let out a collective "Aww" at the sweet gesture.

Minju joined in, clapping her hands with enthusiasm. "Finally getting cozy, huh?"

After the teasing subsided, they snapped the photo, capturing the warmth of their friendship and the closeness of the group. Junsu wasted no time in publishing it on his Instagram account.

The post garnered an overwhelming response, with comments and likes pouring in, affirming the bond shared by this close-knit group of friends. Junsu was so proud of the response.

 

After everyone left, Su Jin was exhausted, Jaejoong suggested that she goes up to the bedroom first, while he removed the cups and dishes from the living room.

 

 

When he finished, he found Su Jin sleeping, he quietly retreated back downstairs, opting to spend some time alone in the tranquility of their garden, a drink in hand.

Lost in his thoughts, Jaejoong found himself browsing through Su Jin's Instagram account, scrolling through her pictures. He thought about what happened with Jiyeon, and what he told her.

In a moment of vulnerability, he found himself instinctively checking Jiyeon's account as well, only to quickly return to Su Jin's page, a soft smile tugging at his lips. With each image, he felt a growing certainty that his feelings for Jiyeon were in the past, and his heart now belonged solely to Su Jin. He pondered the complexities of confessing his feelings, uncertain of how she might respond. But one thing was clear: he was willing to take the risk for the chance at happiness with Su Jin.