AGE 15 : Gone is the north

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER V

"Gone is the north"

 

 

(Ari, Joonmyun - 15)

 

"Ari" her mom cried out. "Ari, are you ok?" She went to her daughter who stood petrified at the beginning of the stairs. Ari stood frozen. Her eyes shot open and when her mother looked in them, they were half green half purple. Bom knew she was in the connection, but something didn't seem right. Ari would normally move and never give any sign of being in a call with the others. She picked up the books, slowly putting them elsewhere and turned back to her daughter. "Ari, yoohoo? Still here?" She waved a hand before the young alpha's eyes, no sign of any reaction this wasn't good. "Kyu?" raising her hesitating voice to call her husband. "Kyu, NOW, there is something wrong with Ari." this time more determined.

 

The male alpha came running downstairs only to bump in to his statue of a daughter. "What happened? What's going on?" He hadn't given his daughter a glance yet.

 

"I don't know, once she was fine, the next she is in a call. And like this." the older female alpha shrugged. "I don't like it. She normally wouldn't freeze like this. Most of the times I don't even know she is in a call until she starts to laugh. Now she's almost a zombie, Kyu, What do we do know?" Bom motioned to her teenager.

 

"I'll call Taeyang to see what is going. I don't want Minhyuk to come over with Luhan just yet." He ran to the landline and dialed Taeyang's number. After 5 minutes of waiting tunes, he figured something was indeed wrong. Kyuhyun dropped his phone.

 

"Kyu?" Bom turned around to see something change in her husband. The fact he didn't get his friend on the phone wasn't a good sign. "Kyu?" Bom tried again. She couldn't leave Ari and watched the male alpha from a distance, rake a hand through his hair.

 

"What's happening?" But before his wife could answer he had turned around. There was blood coming out of Ari's nose. 

 

"Mom? Dad? Wha--" Ari let out something less quiet than a breath even quieter than a whisper. In a less than a second her eyes rolled backwards, she dropped down on the ground with her eyes closed. Their teenage daughter was a dead on the floor. Bom wasn't sure what to do, seeing her daughter lifeless on the ground, she looked at her husband who was in shock. Kyuhyun shook his head and came back to reality. He ran to Bom's side and crouched down, softly ticking his daughter's cheek. But no sign of any reaction or movement was made. Bom shoved the books further aside so that they were completely out of the way. After a couple of minutes of trying to get some life in Ari. Bom looked desperate at Kyuhyun.

 

"We need to move her." She said confused "She can't keep laying her. We need to move her" She repeated a bit more persistent.

 

"No we can't, she has to m-" Kyuhyun started resolute, but before he could finish that sentence, he and his wife jumped out of the way by Ari's sudden movement. Ari shot up, eyes spread open wide. But Ari maintained as a statue not saying anything. "Ari?" Kyuhyun softly tried to communicate with his daughter, reaching out his hand to pet her head carefully not to hurt or startle his precious child. Bom mimicked what her husband did and crawled to Ari's left side, softly patting her back. With both parents at each side of her, she didn't move an inch.

 

"This isn't helping. We need to figure out something else." Bom whispered.

 

"Look at her eyes, the last time she did this the connection broke. Now she just looked dazed, she's not here. I think she needs to be there. We can't wake her." Kyuhyun said carefully in a soft toned voice, retreating his hand.

 

"She looks like a doll in a horror movie, I don't like it." Bom whispered observing her daughter, at that moment Ari turned her head to her mother, cocked it aside, observing her mother's movement and grinned evily. Now her mother became more afraid she didn't want to loose her daughter like this, she looked like a demon. She gasped and saw something. "Kyu-u-u .." Her voice rising like a tone ladder "I'm scared. Why is she looking at me like that?". Than Ari turned her head to her father, closed her eyes and flung them back open again. The male alpha looked at them in disbelieve.

 

"This can't be, no?! I'm seeing things. This isn't true," Kyu shook his head with a hand for his mouth, what he always thought was a legend, never believing Taeyang who believed in any story and got Takuya to support him.It couldn't be? The thing that was taught in a legend, wasn't really one in real life, they exited? They lived? Why didn't they show themselves in hundreds of years? Where did they hide? Were they afraid of something? Too many questions went through his head and he stopped paying attention to his daughter for a while.

 

Ari started to gasp for air, finally getting out of the trance and getting some air back in her pipes. She hadn't been breathing since she fell down. 

 

"Honey? What's the matter?" Bom asked her man, He was too paralyzed to say anything so the female alpha crawled back to the other side of her daughter. No, she could not predict what she saw. "Oh My ... D-Does th-this mean ..." She couldn't even finish her sentence. Pointing at the eyes of Ari.

 

"Yeah, I can't believe it." He said softly, nodded "I think there are Blues alive at least one of them is alive. Taeyang was right, all this time. Our children were right." 

 

"Dad?" Ari said out loud. "Dad? What is happening, Why is Se fighting me? He's not letting me in, Why is he in pain? Even though I can't sense him." Ari let out scared and started to shiver.

 

"Ari, it's mom, I hope you can hear me." Ari gave a confirmed nod and her mother went on. "I don't think you are with Sehun right now, well in fact I know you are not with Sehun right now, not even with the others." Bom slowly started.

 

"I don't get it, aaaaaaw" Ari gripped her head and pulled her legs up, putting her head in between them. "It hurts, SE STOP FIGHTING ME." 

 

"It's not Sehun okay. But stay there, you can see everything that person does, right." She raised her head, Ari nodded slowly but winced and cried it out of pain every few seconds. Her hands went up in her hair and started to pull it.

 

"Dad, I wanna go, it hurts. Get Luhan." Ari cried, she wouldn't have begged for Luhan if she didn't was in this much pain.. "Please"

 

"No, you have to stay."

 

"Please" Ari's tears fell out of her eyes. "Please, Dad, please" She begged.

 

"Princess, you got to stay." 

 

Bom had been watching the whole scene and every time Kyuhyun said to stay she became angrier. Until she tried to reach out for her daughter and her hand was batted away by the male who shook his head. "What are you doing?!, our daughter is perishing from the pain and you say stay there." Bom said angry at her husband.

 

"She has to, she can't leave." 

 

"Why are you doing this, she needs to come out of there. We don't know..." Bom argued.

 

"She has to stay."

 

"I'm getting Luhan." The female stood up but as soon as she lifted herself up, she was pulled down again. The hand of Kyuhyun tight around her wrist.

 

"No, No one is getting anyone and certainly not Luhan. Minhyuk will go and find that person and than what? Reds gone too? Is that what you want?" Kyuhyun growled at his wife.

 

Bom was taken aback from the answer of the purple leader. No, she didn't want the reds to go to, although they were annoying. Her eyes switched from her daughter to her husband. 

 

"Please, Bom-ie, she has too stay." Kyu said determined looking at his wife, loosing his grip as he felt his wife was softening. He slowly caressed her wrist with his thumb and put his attention back to their daughter.. "Hang in there, Ari." Ari obeyed her father and even though Bom was a bit more calm she still tried to pull out Ari, Ari tried to block out her mother's plead to break it because there was no point in disobeying her father. Hearing her arguing parents didn't help at all.

 

"YAH, She's in too much pain, and you are determined to keep her there." Her mother said at one point, Ari was trying to fight her or his pain she didn't know.

 

"SHE.HAS.TO.STAY" Kyuhyun growled again, this time more stern and dominant at Bom and turned around to meet his eyes, his eyes bright purple, she knew when her husband's eyes were like that, he would always get what he wanted. And what he wanted now was to keep Ari with the person she was, despite to painful cries of their teenage daughter. Once the situation calmed down a bit and Ari went quiet but was still connected. The older male alpha whispered a soft apology to his wife for his behaviour, and hugged her. "it's going to be fine, she is going to be fine." He cooed her. When he released her from the embrace. Ari seemed without pain and started talking.

 

"Mom? Dad? He stopped fighting but it still hurts." Ari whispered.

 

"Ari, princess, what do you see? Where are you? Talk to the person." The leader spoke.

 

"I'm in the forest, you know the one behind GD's house. Sehun and I used to play there. I don't know how far I am in the forest though, but I can hear wolf cries, howls, it sounds like ... like ... like 8 years ago. I can't talk to him he doesn't hear me."

 

"Are you alone?" A torturing silence went by. Ari couldn't say anything for a moment. "I'm not anymore. Something's coming." Ari started crawling backwards. She hadn't got any notice where she was in real life. When the person hit the tree with his back Ari hit the stairs, ignoring her mother's cries to be careful.

 

"AAAAAAAAA.... wait ... I know that wolf, but he doesn't, why do I feel scared? Uncle Tae? Dad it's uncle Tae." Ari went silent again.

 

"Dad, what color am I?" Not long after. "Uncle Tae is studying him, why? Which color?"

 

Kyuhyun was not certain he should tell his little girl what color she was. He couldn't say blue, he just couldn't. It didn't really sink in for himself, he knew it was through but the questions kept piling up.

 

"Dad?" Ari asked and switched to her mother even though she couldn't see her, she knew she was beside her dad. "Mom?"

 

"Honey, I-I..." Kyuhyun nodded his head and mouthed, - you can't tell her -.

 

"Mo-om?" Ari pouted. 

 

"Ari" Kyuhyun laid hand on her shoulder "It's best you don't know, concentrate on telling what you see, ok only on that for now." Ari raised her eyebrow but still obeyed her father.

 

"This kid needs to run" Ari let out randomly. "Uncle Tae is pushing him to run, why doesn't he run? He still seems scared of him. Yo, If Uncle Tae pushes you to run, run you stupid person." Ari couldn't exactly hear what they were saying and she wasn't that good in reading lips, so the only thing she could get out of this situation was the body language when Uncle Tae turned all of a sudden and looked in the dark black forest and back to the other person she could see the struggle of the green-eyed wolf. She betted he could let the other one be alone and stayed with him. 2 humans came out of the shadows and in a ray of light the moon reflected. "Humans?" Ari said more than asked. "I've seen these persons before." Ari said pensive. Ari thought back at the time she was with Tao. Although she was 7, she still remembered it as a bad nightmare that kept returning. Playing it over and over again in her head while paying attention to the creatures, the person closed his eyes obeying the males in front of him. Ari's connection became weaker and weaker. "YAH, stupid, I wanna see, don't close your damn eyes. I need to see."

Ari tried to control the other, but it didn't work, she felt the other''s body moving away and some point, the person she was connected to turned his head, Ari fought against the fading of the connection. 

 

"Ari, try to stay and look what is happening" Kyuhyun nudged his daughter on. 

 

"I can't it is too hard now." Ari tried to stay and watch the scene again through the other's eyes. Even with a blurred vision she still could see what was going on. "No" She gasped "Go back, fight, Go back, Uncle Tae. No NOOOO." She shouted hysterically. "YAH, FIGHT, GO BACK GO BACK, UNCLE TAE" Ari turned her head and closed her eyes in one movement. When she opened them she was in her living room again. Her tears started rolling out of her eyes. She made her so small as she could not even looking at her concerned parents. Still in shock of what she just witnessed.

 

"Ari, what happened?" her mother softly huddled closer to her. Taking her daughter in an embrace was the only thing she could do. Ari didn't do anything but cry. Bom shot Kyuhyun a dirty look as saying -See what you've done now-. He knew what Ari must've seen but he couldn't guess how cruel it was. He knew his friend was dead, Changmin had fallen by the same persons or he could presume they were the same.

 

"Mom? I want to go to my room, I want to be alone." Ari whispered through her tears and looked her mother in the eyes, Bom wiped the tears away and her long brown hair out of her face before nodding but the other held her back. 

 

"Ari you need to tell me what happened." Ari looked at her father with disbelieve, was he really serious he wanted to talk about this now. Ari just witnessed how her uncle's head was ripped of the rest of his body and he wanted to talk. Ignoring her father she stood up and went upstairs. The walk to her room was never so long as now, when she reached her room and slammed the door shut and than crawled up in her bed, taking a small pillow, she started to suffocated it, her tightened grip with every single tear that rolled over her cheeks.

 

This was Tao all over again, only Uncle Changmin was killed by stabbings this was plainly ripping the body apart. Who was stronger than they were? Why was she the only one connected to the other. Where were Sehun, Luhan and Kris? She replayed the scene in her head and didn't want to believe that the other just cowardly went with the others.  With their enemy. Why didn't her parents tell her what color she was? She certainly wasn't green, red or orange. And she couldn't be yellow, she didn't sense any of them, this person was completely different. 

 

Everything fell apart the day after when Luhan was the one who started the call. Sehun was gone, disappeared just like Tao. They couldn't reach them and how much the orange pack traveled around, there was no sign at all. Ari sometimes wondered if Sehun was with Tao because they weren't dead, she knew it, Luhan knew it, Kris knew it. Their parents didn't believe it, they kept trying to convince them they were dead but they weren't. When Sehun disappeared, Luhan became more and more of a jerk and began to attack and bully Ari more and more. Kris stopped trying to contact them. Everything fell apart. Sehun was really the glue that kept them from ripping each other's throat out.

 

Even the elders started to fight, Minhyuk tried to take over the whole leader ship that Kyuhyun held. Boundaries were set, the forest divided by a simple enemy line. Takuya held himself on the background but still went after leads. He even followed the girl they found. Two packs had fallen and instead of uniting they were falling apart. For red and purple who lived on the same grounds the school became neutral turf, no one could take it because they both needed to go to school and when it is on one's turf the other couldn't go. Leader's conventions weren't held anymore. But a meeting once a year, with much of convincing the other two it was still worthy.

 

It's not like they became enemies, they just fell apart and Kyuhyun tried to fix it all but with Minhyuk's tries to take over, it wasn't that easy. Ari's father was under a lot of stress. He wasn't that soft of a father anymore and set curfews, she wasn't allowed to go out went it was hunting series, Luhan wasn't either. But they broke a couple of rules and went out on hunts of their own, not together off course. Their free life as a wolf was over, on every corner lurked enemies. It was just a matter of time to be find by those who killed the other packs.

 


 

A/N

So Back with another update. I hope you like it.
Park Bom has won the poll to be Kyuhyun's wife :p
So don't forget to comment and I'll update as soon as possible :)