Just A Normal School Day?

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER VIII

"Just a normal schoolday?"

 

 

Xiumin noticed the next morning too. Joonmyun wasn't taking in the wolfsbane or only at night to calm down and to sleep. The omega had been more fierce and talking back too him. The wolf in his 17-year-old was awaking quite harshly. Although Xiumin didn't like it all, he saw Joonmyun blooming from the sweet obeying kid he was in a independent young-adult. Lay told him many times "You can't get attached to that little one, you will not be able to kill him and you'll be killed yourself." Even though he was warned he always treated Joonmyun as his own, despite him poisoning the little one. Xiumin sighed as he saw Joonmyun in the living room reading a book. 

 

He put the plates on the table. "Joonmyun-ah, dinner is ready"

 

Joonmyun got up out of the couch and put the book in it. He walked slowly. "Here drink this first." Xiumin handed him a drink. 

 

"I'm not thirsty."

 

"Myun-ah, I know you are, just take the glass and drink it. You need it." Xiumin started to raise his voice. 

 

"I'm not thirsty" Joonmyun repeated himself in a monotone voice.

 

"What is with you?" The vampire let his fist fall heavy on the table "Ever since you came home saturday morning, you've been neglecting the vitamins and secretly giving it to the plant in the corner over there. You're so distant too. It's that girl isn't it? You weren't like this before." The young omega didn't give a kick. "Myun-ah Come on tell me. Talk to me."

 

"It's not the girl." Joonmyun mumbled with his mouth full of rice. "I just feel different, more energetic when I don't take that." He pointed at the glass in front of him. "I feel more alive."

 

"You feel more alive? And because you feel alive you don't want to take in that what is good for you? Think about your health." Xiumin said sternly, hoping Joonmyun would take the bait and drink of the glass.

 

"I don't want to drink it, Xiu. You know how it makes me feel? It makes me feel empty, and that kind of hurts me. But I got to live with the sting in my stomach. I want to be free. I want to go out and live. Without that I feel like I finally can. Believe it or not I am much stronger without it." Joonmyun looked up and watched the vampire. Xiumin became a little restless because he knew the consequences of Joonmyun not taking in the wolfsbane.

 

"But you need to take it, if you get more energy everything will go wrong." Xiumin was getting a bit impatient but tried to stay calm anyway.

 

"I don't want to." Joonmyun raised his voice a bit, getting annoyed with the vampire's pushing.

 

"Drink it." Xiumin raised his voice for the second time that evening.

 

"No"

 

"I SAID DRINK IT" He pushed and repeated himself in anger.

 

"No" the omega went into the counter attack, although it was with words, he didn't really want to upset the other one. 

 

"KIM JOONMYUN" His eyes turning white and the nerves in his face more visible. "DRINK THE SUBSTANCE OF THE GLASS NOW."

 

"FINE. I'll drink the stupid drink" Joonmyun growled. He gulped the content of the glass in a couple of hawls inside. He could feel the sting already. Feeling the damned burn he hadn't missed. "Happy?" He asked annoyed.

 

"Very, see that wasn't so hard." Xiumin noted and went back to the father figure he was, instead of the dominant one.

 

 

 

 

 

A couple of hours later, Joonmyun was found in his room reading the book he had been reading downstairs.There was a knock on his door and the handle was turned over, with a slight crack he could hear the door opening. He didn't really want to talk to the vampire right now, not since he pushed him to drink the liquid before.

 

"Myun-ah?" Xiumin tried as soft as he could. 

 

"What?" he answered absent minded.

 

"Lay and I have been talking. And due to circumstances we are going to be here in this village for a while. Do you like want to go to school here?"

 

"For how long?" Joonmyun looked up and watched the other taking a seat on his bed end.

 

"I don't know? A while. So what do you think?"

 

"About what?"

 

"Going to school here. I know we homeschooled you and you don't have to, but Lay and I ..." Xiumin's caring voice made him hard to resist his obvious charm.

 

"You want me to go to school? You guys actually want me to be around other people?" Joonmyun raised his eyebrow, he let his book rest on his lap.

 

"Yeah, well euhm" He scratched the back of his neck "We obviously want Kai and Chanyeol there to protect you, but yeah we actually want you to have a normal life, since we don't know how long we are here for, and Lay and I don't really have time. Your teacher was killed in the night you went missing. So now we are waiting for our other friends." He tried to explain.

 

"Fine, I'll go to school than." Joonmyun's thoughts drifted of, he only saw one high school when they arrived so Ari, his newly found friend would be there, no? "So when do I start" he asked excited.

 

"Tuesday, tomorrow they have a day of, we already enrolled you." Xiumin stood up "oh The uniform is downstairs hanging in the hallway closet." He walked to the door.

"Oh Myun-ah?"

 

"Yes?" Joonmyun said softly.

 

"I'm sorry that I got angry. I never pushed you to do something. I'm really sorry, i don't know what came over me." he shut the door behind him. The omega stared at the door, he wasn't waiting for an apology of the elder, it surprised him in a way. 

 

 


 

 

As always Ari woke up dreading to go to school because it is the only place that couldn't be claimed by any of the packs. But the only diffirence today was, Joonmyun was going to be there, it had been 3 days since she saw him and let him go back to his friends. Yet she was scared of Luhan, he was still mad at her and could do whatever he wanted at school, only human rules counted and school rules. No werewolf rules aloud. 

 

Even though she wanted to protect every innocent soul in that school, she couldn't. She had to think about herself first. She met up with Maya, Li and Bae to go to school, her three Alpha friends from her pack, they were not friends she made by choice. They had sworn to protect their future leader and were forced to be her friends. But still they were her friends and knew everything. But Ari hadn't told them about the weekend and Joonmyun. She couldn't just tell them about an omega she saved and wasn't even from her pack.

 

When they roamed through the hallways of the school they could sense red pack closeby, closer than Ari had wanted. But they could also feel another presence and Ari knew who that was. Someone with clear blue eyes when his wolf surfaced, god forbid his brown eyes who could drown you forever. Those innocent looking but still fierce globes. Ari could feel his soft skin she touched. His featured she had been admiring and has shown up on every single moment in the weekend.

 

"There's a new omega?" Maya smelled the air, taking in the area. Her eyes scanning every single person.

 

"He doesn't smell like he is owned by the reds nor by eyes." Li stated, mimicking Maya's movement.

 

"You look like you knew?" Bae turned to Ari, who was searching for that one person, and she already found him. "Hellow, earth to Ari? Where is your head at, girl?" Bae waved her hand in front of Ari's face, the said alpha didn't give a kick.

 

Ari staring at one person only, since she found him a couple of seconds ago. But he wasn't alone. One really tall, dark-haired human and one a bit more tough looking tanned one where by his side. "oooehh do I see something there?" Li nudge her friend in the side, obviously not sensing that the new person walking over there was the omega.

 

"ARI!" Before she knew it Luhan had her by pinned against the wall, lifting her up so she couldn't touch the ground. It was so fast even Maya, Bae and Li couldn't do anything about it. "You "

 

"Hello to you too Luhan" Ari said almost out of breath when her friends held of Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. Li was the strongest of them three and tried to pull Luhan off of Ari, with not much luck. "Maybe" she gasped "you should calm down first."

 

"I could've saved us a lot of trouble, but you had to save him didn't you?" Luhan scoffed. Ari had a feeling he didn't know Joonmyun was blue. Luhan wouldn't kill a blue, everything / -one else yes. But a blue. never.

 

 

 

 

 

When Luhan had shouted Ari's name Joonmyun had turned around to look at the commotion knowing it was probably about him. He saw how his attacker went full on his savior. He wanted to run to her but was held up by Chanyeol (the tall dark one) and Kai (the tougher tanned one). 

 

"Let go. I want to help her" He growled. He struggled against the firm grip of his protector.

 

"You stay out of this!" Chanyeol looked at him straight in the eye. His expression was severe and not friendly at all. He tightened his grip, feeling that Joonmyun was stronger than he was before.

 

"Yeol? Let me go!"

 

"NO!" Chanyeol looked at Kai who gave him a nod. "She's THE purple one." Kai nodded.

 

"Should we go?" Chanyeol whispered.

 

"Not until the new recruits are here, we lost half of our team the other night." To Chanyeol's surprise Joonmyun got free out of his grip. The omega was indeed a bit stronger trying to embrace the fact he was a wolf to, trying out some of the advantages . But he hadn't gained his full potential yet.

 

Chanyeol and Kai ran after Joonmyun but were too late to catch him again. They were pushed aside by the attentive students forming a circle around the commotion.

 

 

 

 

 

"You know, we could've killed all of them. Filthy little purple" Luhan growled angry.

 

"It wasn't my fault and you were trespassing." Ari said she was trying to breathe badly but with every word Luhan's grip became firmer. "Luhan? Let go." Ari coughed. 

 

"Are you going to beg? I would love to hear you beg." Luhan titled his head to the side and grinned at her. She just looked down. She was trying to look at the ground, t see how far she was lifted up.

 

"Never."

 

"Oh where is the love?, You don't have much time though." Luhan said and examining the coughing Ari. "You are going to be mine soon. Well, if I want that to happen, I should let you go, shouldn't I?" Luhan grinned and watched at the helpless Ari struggling against his grip.

 

"Really, not even a word?" Luhan said mischievous. The girl just kept quiet only letting out gasping sounds.

 

"You started this and I'll never be yo.." Ari couldn't finish her sentence when her figure just landed on the ground with a hard smack. In one swing Luhan was tossed to the other end of the hallway. You could hear everyone holding their breath even Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Li, Maya and Bae looked from Luhan to the person who just tossed him to the other side.

 

As fast as Ari could she masked boy's eyes. No one could know yet, she was certain Luhan didn't know yet, although this might have changed it. But it wasn't likely he would tell anyone. With her hand cover Joonmyun's eyes from behind, she whispered softly to him "Joonmyun, close your eyes now. And when did you became so powerful?" No one heard what she said, she could feel Joonmyun tensing up and he was so confused, he didn't know he had that power, when he didn't answer Ari. "Shh, I can feel you tensing up. please calm down." Joonmyun acknowledge some changes over the weekend but this strength was even surprising to him.

 

"Get your hands of him" Chanyeol shouted from the crowd. He and Kai tried to push their way to the middle of the hallway that was open because of Luhan flying through.

 

"Is it gone?" Joonmyun turned around. Ari couldn't help but just stupidly stare in his blue eyes after her hand slit from his eyes and lingered on his cheek, she had done it before but not like this. Still Blue, so beautifully and mysteriously blue. "What color?" he asked nervously when he heard Kai and Chanyeol approach. "Ari-i, Stop staring like that, what color? I need to know. The two over there don't know about it. Only Lay and Xiumin. Only Lay and Xiumin may know."

 

Ari shook her head. "blue" she mouthed smiling. Joonmyun cursed unknowingly. "Go, but don't run to fast. Calm down." Joonmyun raised his hand to hers on his cheek and covered it completely with his, slowly curling his fingers around her soft hand, without knowing she was pulled away with him. The protectors of the two wolves just stood there. No one had ever gone against Luhan except for Ari. But their attention was on the cursing Luhan, Ari and Joonmyun slipped away without noticing.

 

He ran at a comfortable speed until they got into an empty classroom. Both panting a bit they slid down against the wall and sad there in silence, only their breathing was heard.

 

"Let go." She breathed heavy. He slowly uncovered her hand and within seconds she got her control back again but not Joonmyun. "Why are they still blue?" She looked at Joonmyun from the side.

 

"Anger" he let out "Keeps my eyes blue a lot longer. We need to stay in here for a while. Why do yours turn back so easily?"

 

"Control" She said shrugging and turned her head and stared in the classroom.

 

"teach me."

 

"What?" She smiled and turned her head to the side so she was looking at him again. Only to find the blue eyes already looking at her. She gasped a little, she could feel the omega's breath on her. They were just a few inches apart.

 

"Control, teach me how to control it."

 

"I can't" She sighed.

 

"Why not?"

 

"Alpha" She pointed at herself "Omega." She pointed at him "I'm forbidden to teach you anything." She could feel his disappointed.

 

"I only trust you" He let out, his breathing calmed down.

 

"You can't, you don't know me."

 

"Please?" He put on some puppy eyes and a sweet smile. Out of all the wolves it had to be her. She let out a sigh. She couldn't do it, she would be banned, you could only train an Omega if you are 1 the leader, that was still her father and 2 another Omega, which she was not, 3 if it is not an omega of your pack, stay the hell away.

 

"Myunnie? Where the hell did you run off to." They heard yelling in the hallway. This time Ari got a little agitated, if they found her alone, they could easily take her. Joonmyun's friends were hunters she knew. They could easily get her now she was alone. But Joonmyun was agitated as well he would have a lot of explaining to do to Xiumin if those two knew.

 

"Okay fine" she whispered with Joonmyun's eyes still blue, they couldn't go anywhere. "How long do they keep glowing like that?"

 

"It could be 10 minutes to hours. Please, those two can't know."

 

"It's only been 5 minutes, damn it. Ok, Just this once. Control." As she looked at him knowing she could be banned for this, beaten, rejected and loose her position. But in her heart she wanted to help him and her mother always told her, when you do something with your heart not your head, although that was in the past.

 

"Breathe in and out, find a focus point and shut everything out, all the voices all the thoughts even memories. Just focus on that one point. It's that simple." Joonmyun followed the description.

 

After 2 minutes "and?" Ari smiled "Brown. Now do that everyday and you can do it within seconds. Plus you can hold them off if you're scared or angry okay? I shouldn't be learning you this."

 

"I'm glad you did." He smiled. "Thank you."

 

"Well I shouldn't. Just look out for Luhan and don't try to save me again. He will be angrier now that an omega has humiliated him. Be careful okay." she stood up and ran out of the classroom before he could say anything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yo Bae, Li, Maya" Ari looked at Li's face and saw three claw marks on her. "What happened?"

 

"Oh, just a little warning, that he wants to talk to you about the omega. Nothing much really." Li sighed and shrugged. It's not like they hadn't attacked her before. "It'll be gone in a couple of hours. So tell us, What's with you and the omega?"

 

"Ugh, nothing, what should there be?" Ari said a bit distant "We should go to class or we are going to have detention." Trying to avert her friend's attention but failed terribly.

 

"Ooh, miss-nothing, you are not going anywhere until you tell us, cause the little omega just saved your ." Maya said not wanting to go off subject.

 

"There is nothing to tell, he's new and doesn't know the ropes that's all."

 

"Nope that's not it." Bae interfered. "Why else would Luhan be mad?"

 

"Why would I know why he is mad at me? He's always mad at me." Ari shrugged.

 

"Because he wouldn't normally attack you with humans around. He would drag you outside to the football field and fight it out there."

 

"Believe me it's nothing, you should worry about."

 

"ARI" The three said in unisme. "Don't go around and pretend it's nothing. Cause it is obviously something." Maya said while crossing her arms and looking at her friend.

 

"Fine, I saved the omega's from Luhan this weekend. Happy now."

 

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Li yelled a little to loud. "Ari, please tell me you just didn't say that."

 

"I did, Luhan was on our turf and he was attacking him there. It's not like I did something horribly wrong, I just saved a helpless creature from someone who wasn't meant to be on our side." she shrugged.

 

"He didn't seem that helpless, that reminds me, why did you cover his eyes?"

 

"euh..." Ari didn't know an answer to that, no one could know or at least not now. "reflex." She said rapidly "Because we are in human territory, he's a new comer how would he know the rules."

 

"Fine, let's leave it there, now let's go to class." Li still had a suspicious feeling, but didn't want to get into it right now, they had never broken their perfect reputation to be on time so why break it over something stupid.

 

Bae and Maya were discussing something math and Li walked silently next to her soon to be leader. "I can still feel your hiding something."

 

"huh?" Ari looked at her, Li and her sixth sense were annoying to Ari sometimes. "I'm not hiding anything" she whispered back. Li rolled with her eyes knowing Ari was hiding something but she didn't ask further. If Ari wasn't going to tell her she will have to found out for herself.

 

 

 

 

"So we have some new comers today, please welcome Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongin and Kim Joonmyun. Chanyeol and Jongin can take the empty desk over there as for Joonmyun you can sit next to Luhan over there." The moment Ari heard it, her impulsive character kicked in and she pushed Bae from her seat.

 

"Mrs Jung?"

 

"Yes Ari."

 

"Please let Joonmyun sit next to me. Bae will take the empty seat." Bae growled at her friend and Ari tried to look apologetic but she really wasn't. In fact if Joonmyun would sit next to Luhan he would be so dead. Bae on the other hand was safer.

 

"Ari What the heck?" Bae scratched her teeth and stood up, rubbing her . -I'm so sorry- Ari mouthed to her friend. "Yeah right" Bae huffed and took her stuff and placed her self on the seat next to Luhan who let out a growl too.

 

Joonmyun exhaled he was unknowingly keeping in and went to sit next to Ari. "Thank you"

 

"Don't  thank me just yet, next time if you want to be save sit next to one of your hunter friends as humans they are safer in the school than you."

 


 

A/N : So yeah, I'm sorry I'm not going to be a regular updater T.T, I try to be, but I have a busy life in and out AFF. But I'll try my best to do weekly updates (-_^).
So I don't know about this chapter, It felt kinda rushed to me, some unecessary scenes I guess :s 
Tell me what you think xD. Comments are always welcome.
Oh and I'm giving my own set of rules for the Alpha's and Omega's :p