I am not a wolf

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER VII

"I am not a wolf"

 

 

The poor omega sprinted to a corner of the room, shielding himself. "Lay, like in Zhang Yixing, Xiumin like in Kim Minseok, and their friends are werewolf hunters." Kyuhyun did leave a piece of information out. He knew they weren't only werewolf hunters but also vampires. She looked at the boy who was shivering in the room, and made up her mind to go against her father, there was just something about Joonmyun that made her protect him and it wasn't the fact that he was blue.

 

"Dad, what are you saying?" Trying to get her father's attention. Ari slowly moved towards the shivering boy in the corner.

 

"They killed the green-eyed pack of the north and southern yellow-eyed pack." The fact that the male alpha didn't mention the name of the leaders was that it still hurt inside and he wasn't quite over the fact of them dying. Ari who had stepped in between Joonmyun and the old wolf, she widened her eyes at her father while slowly backing up only to stand inches away from Joonmyun. "Back away from the boy, Ari." He said with a stern voice, Ari could feel goosebumps coming up. "Now I can see why Luhan is furious. He betrayed us all and probably is working with them."

 

Ari turned around and looked at the young omega who was scared as hell, just like their first meeting. How could he be the killer of the two packs. His sky blue eyes never leaving her brown eyes. She couldn't tear her gaze away. What was it about this boy she felt the need to protect him? To not listen to any words her father spoke.

 

"ARI?" He father said angrily.

 

"Y-YEs!" She was still lingering in those beautiful eyes, but came to her senses in a blink of an eye. "D-Dad?"  She shook her head and turned around becoming a bit uncomfortable like she was caught in something she shouldn't have done.

 

"Ari? What are you doing? Move away from the boy. That's an order." Kyuhyun looked at her with a determined look. 

 

"N-No" She implied. She had never disobeyed an order. "Dad, I can't." She whispered.

 

"Ari?" Her father was confused but determined as he was thinking the boy would be better of when he's dead. "His friends killed all the friendly werewolf packs, we are next. He'll betray us. He knows where we are now. Don't you get it?"

 

"Dad, you don't know him, how can you even say that? He doesn't ..." 

 

"W-w-we never killed werewolves" the boy suddenly mentioned, interrupting Ari. "they don't exist, Lay killed a wolf but it wasn't done on purpose, he told me, the wolves would've attacked me. So he saved me." Ari turned back around to the boy, he was still scared, the blue was still visible. -NOT HELPING- she mouthed at him.

 

"Lies boy, werewolves do exist, every wolf is a werewolf, in fact there are three in this room right now." Ari's father's temper just rose with the second. 

 

"I am human, not a wolf. So are you. Werewolves do not exist." Mentally facepalming herself by Joonmyun determination, he was making this so much worse. She looked at her father and knew what was going to happen. In one blink of an eye there was a purple-eyed black wolf in the room. Joonmyun gasped at the wolf in front of him. All his life Joonmyun had been scared of wolves, now here he was his third encounter with a wolf. The Omega began to shiver even more. "P-p-please don't hurt me" He started to plead, backing up even more in the wall, if that was even morally possible. He wanted to disappear in the corner. Where were Chanyeol, Kai, Lay and Xiumin when you needed them. Xiumin was probably worried about him. He didn't leave a message he was out with Chanyeol and Kai.

 

But the only one here, was this girl that he met a couple of hours ago. A girl that said she was a werewolf, the girl in between him and the wolf, trying to pry the wolf off. But he felt he could more or less trust her. She didn't hurt him before. He could trust her even when she believed she was one of them, he reminded himself. 

 

"He won't as long as I am here." Ari whispered, slowly backing up until she was against Joonmyun. "Dad?" she raised an eyebrow."Calm down, I'm going to take him and go downstairs okay. You promised to let him stay for one night." the wolf showed his teeth and growl as his daughter took the Omega's hand. He could see that with one touch of him to his daughter could make her loose control. Her eyes flashed bright purple. Kyuhyun looked at his daughter. Something wasn't entirely right, his daughter wouldn't normally loose control like that, she was trained better, not by him but by others. Kyuhyun stopped growling.

 

"I'm going to be with Joonmyun for this one night so you can't touch him." Her father let out a sort of bark, he wasn't pleased and bit in mid-air to show his anger. He changed back to his human form and pointed at Joonmyun.

 

"If you hurt one hair on my daughter, I'm going to rip your throat out and shred you to pieces and eat you." Her dad warned him and went out of the bedroom. Before closing the door he turned around and looked at his daughter. "Keep him far away from me or he will not last the night." The door closed with a loud thud.

 

"Don't worry, he wouldn't actually kill another wolf. He's just saying that so you wouldn't hurt me." Ari took slow breaths in relief. That was over. They kept standing there for what seemed a half hour but only lasted a minute. When Ari broke the silence.

 

"You're scared of wolves?" Ari turned around trying to control herself, what had it been she couldn't control herself. "How can a wolf be scared of a wolf? I mean I noticed but still how can you be scared of one when you a..." She didn't finish her sentence since she heard him breathing in and out and try to figure it out what to do now, going downstairs wasn't an option, the only option was to stay in her room.

 

"p-purple? You're like him?" Although he knew, he never saw her eyes lighting up purple. He broke the contact with her, letting go of her hand abruptly and her eyes instantly turned brown again. He felt light headed, he suddenly regretted breaking the contact. He had never felt like this, never trusted a stranger with his life, never even met someone like her. She nodded slowly. "You're not g-going t-to hurt me, a-are you?" he had to ask just to be sure, although realizing she wouldn't, it was best to ask once more. She shook her head.

 

"If I wanted to hurt you, I would've already done it" She sighed and went to sit on the bed. He followed her absent mind and took a seat on a chair next to it.

 

"Okay now, why are you scared of wolves?" She had to know why he was scared of his own kind.

 

"Lay said one day they are going to abduct me and kill me because I have blue eyes." He felt comfortable and at the same uncomfortable that he started to play with his fingers.

 

"But you are one of us" she looked at him in disbelief, her eyes were studying him. "your parents never learned you to be a wolf?"

 

"I am not a wolf. How many times do I have to say that? I've told the red eyed one too, when he started to yell at me before attacking me, I am not a wolf." He shook his head. "I am not" he repeated.

 

"Luhan has got a temper everything that isn't right he attacks, did you show him you were Blue? Anyhow you are a wolf, you may not be an Alpha but you are an Omega." She tried to point out. she looked at the marks on his cheeks, they weren't healing properly, they should've healed by now.

 

"B-but I am n-not .." He kept denying it, stared into her eyes as she shook her head in denial and let her head down, looked back up again and sighed.

 

"You never felt agitated with the full moon, like you need to run and let all your energy out. You never felt pain when they killed a wolf. You never had a dream and the next day it came true. You never wondered why you had more power, like strength than an average person from your age. You never wondered why you heal faster than a human. Except for now that is."

 

"I-I a-am n -no.."

 

"Have you felt it?" Her stare was so intense.

 

"Y-y-yes but I am not a .." 

 

"They told you, you weren't by nature they are liars. but you are in fact a wolf" She said. Joonmyun's whole world was breaking apart, everything he was, what he was told was a lie? Joonmyun turned around and looked at the window in Ari's room, it was overseeing the forest, but he didn't see that, he was looking at his own reflection and than at the moon. He wondered off letting some tears escape, Lay and the others lied to him? He couldn't believe that but still how could they, they always kept him from going out, saying he was special. He wasn't, did they kill his parents too? "J-Joonmyun?" Ari came up to him she wanted to comfort him, wipe away his tears. That action would probably put them back where they started so she crouched down in front of him.

 

"They all lied to me. But Xiumin would never.... I need to know answers." He mumbled to himself, to Ari's surprise he stood up, she fell flat on her as he walked to the door. "I'm going to find them."

 

"Wait! You can't go. You'll be killed." Ari writhed up, an run to Joonmyun. She wanted to grab his shoulder but he turned around and moved away from her grasp.

 

"I can go if I want to" 

 

"You can't Luhan wi..." Ari tried.

 

"I DON'T CARE" Joonmyun yelled in frustration, he didn't know what he had to do at least he could find his friends and ask them every question circling in his head, demanding an answer. The omega was so confused right now. And why did he tend to believe this stranger?

 

"You can't go, you're not completely healed. Stay. Please" She begged, although she didn't exactly know why. But if he goes outside and crossed red's territory he would be killed in one simple second. She looked outside the forest that still seemed a little restless but more at ease than a couple of hours ago. "Luhan will rip you apart if he doesn't know your Blue, maybe if you have your wolf form you would stand a chance but you haven't." She slowly moved her eyes to see how Joonmyun reacted. He seemed to becoming more angry by the minute.

 

"Why do you care? You don't know me, you know nothing about me." Trying to calm himself.

 

"In a way yes I don't know nothing about you." She breathed and went back to sit on her bed, backing up against the wall and looked at him. "But I know you are an exception to everything we've learned."

 

"And that is?" 

 

"Joonmyun, You ....  are one of a kind."She said "I wanna learn more" She added very softly, like it was just  breeze of the wind floating by.

 

"If what you are saying is real, I don't want to be it."

 

"But no one saw a blue eyed werewolf in years and certainly not an Omega. Do you know how unique you are?" She said a bit in disbelief, not knowing why Joonmyun couldn't accept he was a wolf, even though she knew he was scared of them, but somehow something signaled her that wasn't it.

 

"I don't want to be something like that" He was staring into her wondering eyes. "I don't want to be a wolf."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because" He sighed. "I don't want to."

 

"Why? Being a wolf can be such a beautiful thing."

 

"Wolves are horrible creatures. They rip you apart in a second not caring at all if you had a family or not. They'll slaughter you and eat you up." he rambled on aloofly.

 

"OOh wow, thanks" Ari huffed sarcastically.

 

"I'm not talking about you, you're like the first ..."

 

"Yeah, well, HAve you ever actually seen a wolf rip something apart?"

 

"No"

 

"Than how can you put us all in one box and not even know what we are. Leave Luhan out of this, he would actually attack you, I'm guessing he doesn't know you're blue, otherwise he wouldn't have attacked you. He would have taken you with him to a save place. We all wanted one thing, us five, the "princes" and me, the children of the leaders. And yet here you are." Ari stared at Joonmyun for a while. The silence that had fallen upon them gave Ari some freedom to check Joonmyun out, to study him even more.

 

 

"Stop staring at me" Ari shook her head and tore her gaze away from Joonmyun with a loud cough she stood up and went to the door.

 

 

"I'm going to get something to drink. Please stay here."

 

 

 

 

Before the omega could answer her, she closed the door and went downstairs, stopping midway the stairs. Hearing her parents arguing about what happened tonight.

 

 

"Honey, don't you think you overreacted just a little bit?" Bom asked her husband. While Ari tried to slip into the kitchen without being noticed. "He's blue, the boy is blue. You know how every wolf pack had waited for this."

 

 

"Bom-ie it's not that, it's that he is living in the devil's layer. He will betray us. The next pack going to die is us."

 

 

"No it's not. If our daughter is close to him maybe it'll change."

 

 

"You honestly going to believe that. Besides do you know how many rules we are breaking. Our daughter can't interact with n omega, they shouldn't even be in a leader's house and certainly when he is not one of us."

 

 

"Aish Kyu, come on, the hell with the rules for one night. it's a B-L-U-E."

 

 

"That's what's bothering me the most. We always learned that blues were all Alpha, Why is he an omega?"

 

 

The 17-year old was following the whole conversation of her parents in the back corner of the kitchen where they wouldn't see her. She took two glasses out of the cabinet and placed them on a platter. Then she went of to search a snack. With a platter filled with cookies and a bottle of water and the glasses she took the other stairs in the hallway up because mybe she would get noticed if she took the stairs in the living room.

 

 

She slowly opened the door from her bedroom. Only to be met by a sleeping Joonmyun. She saw the blue omega's wound slowly healing. She silently put the platter on her desk. Joonmyun was peacefully sleeping in her bed. She pulled out the extra covers out of her closet and cover Joonmyun slowly and carefully so she wouldn't wake him. The young alpha let go of the blanket and watched how the moonlight traced his every feature. His hair falling slowly into his eyes. and for a second time that night she pushed his hair back and tugged it aside. While staring at his handsome feature that was indeed kissed by the moonlight, he stirred a bit and because he was half asleep, he reached out for her hand and moved it aside while mumbling, stop staring at me.

 

 

Ari wanted to move back and lay down on the couch that was in her room. She didn't realize he was still holding her hand. She didn't want to force her hand out of his soft grip. So she rolled her desk chair to the bed and sat on it. As time past she slowly fell asleep.

 

 

The morning sunlight burned on Joonmyun skin and his eyes fluttered open slowly. A bit surprised to see a girl sleeping in front of him. He carefully removed his hand from hers. She must've been uncomfortable sleeping in the chair. Like her touch made him shiver his  leaving one made her shiver a little. Joonmyun couldn't help but stare at the other 17 year old in the room. 

 

 

She was sleeping on her side, using her arm as a pillow while her other arm was outstretched to her bed. Her long dark brown hair all to one side. The sun started to tickle her tanned skin. His gaze went over her facial features and stopped on her full lips. 

She winced a couple of times, and slowly started to open her eyes who were met with a wondering Joonmyun. As fast as she could he shot up and tried to sit in a more suitable position. But before she knew it her chair rolled away when she was trying to take the seat back and fell on her . 

 

 

"Are you ok?" Joonmyun asked. 

 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine" She mumbled. "How long have you been awake? You should've woken me up."

 

 

"You looked so peaceful" Ari rolled her eyes. Ari looked at Joonmyun and saw him healed.

 

 

"You're wounds are healed." She whispered.

 

 

"I guess they are." Joonmyun examined his arms. and legs, the pain was gone and no marks of any claws, no scars no nothing. There was a knock on Ari's door. They both looked at the door when it slowly opened. A very beautiful woman came inside with a breakfast platter. Her light brown hair and her facial features that looked like Ari's, Joonmyun assumed this was Ari's mother, he didn't see her last night. Ari really took after her mother.

 

 

"Mom?" Ari her eyes full of confusion.

 

 

"Ari, I thought it was better for you two to get eat breakfast here. Your dad is in no way approachable right now. I'm trying to talk some sense in that man, but you know how he gets. So eat up and send Joonmyun-ah home. Okay?" Her mother's soft voice said.

 

 

"Where"s dad?" 

 

 

"He left early to go to Sungmin and Sunny's house. Sunny just got a little boy." Bom smiled.

 

 

"That baby is going to be full aigyeo" Ari smiled walking to her mother to take over the platter. Her mother nodded and closed the door. "Well, than let's eat."

 

 

Joonmyun wasn't sure if he could, Xiumin would always give him his vitamins first. But he felt already energetic this morning so skipping one treatment wouldn't hurt. Actually he felt a little too energetic, he suddenly wanted to run and chase after stuff, he wanted to throw stuff and see how far they went. Noticing some kind of change in Joonmyun, Ari looked at him out of her corner of her eyes when she placed the platter and herself on the ground. The omega became a little agitated, not knowing what he had to do with the energy in him, with the urge to go running. 

 

 

"What's wrong?" Ari asked worried and finally looked up at the boy pacing around in her room. 

 

 

"I don't know, I got this energy boost and I didn't take any vitamins yet." Joonmyun let out faster than he could, it was as if he was nervous and the words just rolled out like a waterfall. 

 

 

"Joonmyun-ah?" Ari tried, standing back up. "Please calm down."

 

 

"I CAN'T" Joonmyun slapped his hand in front of his mouth. Ari took a few steps back and raised an eyebrow, did he just growl that out? "I'm sorry, I need to go, I need to go home." Before Ari could do anything Joonmyun was on autopilot and ran out of the house. Leaving  a flustered Ari standing in her room.

 

 

 

 

Joonmyun was faster than he thought, faster than he was before. It took him only 10 minutes to reach his new house. He opened the front door and walked inside still agitated and overly full over energy. Xiumin came running to the door when he heard it open.  He was everything but happy now. He had been searching for Joonmyun ever since he heard what happened to the hunters.

 

 

"KIM JOONMYUN, WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN? WHO'S CLOTHS ARE THOSE?" Xiumin noticed the different style of clothing he was wearing in the second he saw the omega.

 

 

"Geezz, Xiu, I've been out with Chanyeol and Kai." He said.

 

 

"So tell me why were they home when we came back." Xiumin was like a father to him. Even though Xiumin looked the same age as him.

Joonmyun was a bit taken back by the tone in Xiumin's voice. 

 

 

"We were attacked." Joonmyun shrugged like it was nothing. "Some girl saved me, she knew a hiding place so we went there."

 

 

"A Girl? really? Where?" Xiumin said a little softer.

 

 

"I don't know, somewhere in the forest, it was some kind of cave grey and sad looking, it was dark." the 17-year old lied. But he was very convincing and saw a bit of disappointment flash in Xiumin's eyes. "What has that got to do with it, I'm home safe, no scars., no wounds."

 

 

The omega didn't know why he lied about where he had been. He only knew, he wanted to see her again, maybe find out she was right? If he really was a wolf, maybe that's what's Xiumin always meant with you're special. This energy he had bottled up inside without taking the vitamins that were making him dull anyway. He wanted to learn what it was, if he could control it. He decided not to take the vitamins for a day, when Xiumin would offer, he would reject it. 

 

 

But at night he couldn't sleep, when he tried, the urges keep floating through him and he finally decided to take some of the vitamins that Xiumin always gave. Not long after he fell asleep calmly.

 

 

Without Joonmyun noticing Xiumin had been studying the boy from afar. He knew he didn't take in the wolfsbane as he used to. He got worried, Joonmyun knew who he was, that he wasn't with any normal girl. That he had been with the purple princess. He could feel the times were turning around and that Joonmyun would go and investigate on his own now that he was 17. He would be 18 in a month. As time had passed by Xiumin was indeed attached to Joonmyun, but if Lay would find out he would order him to kill the boy himself. That's one thing Xiumin couldn't. How can you kill your own 'son' even if he is your enemy?

 

 


 

A/N : So what a long update, it took me several days to write. And my exams came in between. So I hope you guys like it and give some feedback :D