The Battle II

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER XIV

"The Battle II"

 

Luhan saw his guard lifeless on the ground. He wasn't mad, he was furious at this point. The thing he wanted to do most was rip each and every hunters and vampires head off. He couldn't care less if it was his birthday, the price of having their heads all laid out in front of him would be the greatest gift ever. Kyungsoo was his best, better than Baekhyun, why else would he always send Kyungsoo to Ari when needed, because he was sure nothing would happen.

 

Joonmyun was paralyzed staring at his friend and hearing those foul words come out of him. Jongin was looking at him with widened eyes. "M-Myun-ah? What are you doing here? With them?" Joonmyun hadn't realized the protectors of the other wolves had backed up and he was standing in the middle. 

 

"What have you done?" Joonmyun held his calm.

 

"I did what every other person would've done." Jongin stated, the blue omega wasn't happy with that, his friend just killed someone in front of his own eyes. Not just lightly but cruel. Joonmyun had never seen that non-emotional look displayed in Jongin's eyes.

 

"Joon-ie?" Sungjong came out of the other group. "Come here, we'll protect you from them." He nodded at the other 5 wolves standing there, ready to attack. Luhan and Ari had switched in wolf mode not fully, they hadn't transformed yet but still they had summoned their wolf strengths. Sungjong was caring and softly spoke again when Joonmyun was baffled and didn't know what to choose. "Joon-ie? What are you waiting for?" Joonmyun looked aside from him Ari and Luhan had finally moved and were standing on both sides of him. Sungjong slowly moved passed the surprised Jongin in the direction of the omega, offered his hand to the lost wolf.

 

"I...I-I" Joonmyun stammered, he looked to his both sides, red and purple were fixed on th hunters, ready to attack. "I'm sorry, I can't. I belong with them" Joonmyun decided, letting his head hang low and refusing to take the hand of his friend. Luhan smirked at the statement and even though Ari didn't show it, she was relieved.

 

"What do you mean you can't?" Woohyun came and took place next to Sungjong. "Did they capture you? Are you their prisoner or something?" To all questions the young omega shook his head. In 18 years they hadn't known, no one had only Xiumin and Lay, that he was different. "Joon-ah?" Woohyun looked at his friend questionable.

 

"I--I am one of them" the blue prince murmured, not really understandable to another but Woohyun had heard him and his eyes widened.

 

"What did you do to him?" He started to accuse the other two royals. Finger-pointed at them. "WHAT DID YOU DO?" Some fear came over the poor hunter, his friend wasn't one of them. It slowly came to him, realization hitting in. "NO, Joon-ah, they must've done something to you. Did they bite you? Maybe brainwash you?" The hunter asked desperately.

 

"Really?" Luhan said in a sarcastic tone. "We don't bite to enlarge our troops, we are born wolf. Biting and brainwashing is for those bloody vampires." Luhan rolled his eyes. "Learn the ing difference, stupid hunter." The red wolf couldn't help it, his wolf fed of rage, anger and he was angry. 

 

Woohyun's anger rose too, he rather shop this boy's head off than let him speak to him like that. "Who asked you? Listen to me Joon-ah, come with me now, I'm going to make sure you return to Xiumin safely and all will be over."

 

"He doesn't want to come. Besides he's one of us." Luhan took the word again. Woohyun didn't tolerated that and punched him in his face. Sungjong took a step aside so he wouldn't get hit but it brought him eye to eye with some really bright purple eyes. 

 

Joonmyun started to move, trying to get the fist fight to stop. The blue wolf saw something he rather not, Luhan's nails started to grow and were ready to implant his nails in Woohyun's neck. "STOP" Luhan immediately stopped with his one hand gripping the collar of the hunter and his other in the air ready to insert his nails in the boy's body. The red alpha looked a bit surprised and looked at Joonmyun who sadly enough had a face that displayed authority. the prince took a step backwards letting go of the hunter, he wasn't pleased but he shrunk his nails. 

 

Luhan was mad, furious, he could've killed another hunter. He looked up at the blue omega, but he was surprised of what he saw. The eyes of Joonmyun were bright blue. He knew the other one was angry, but not angry only, furious. Sungjong did a step backwards. Woohyun blinked a couple of times, like the rest of the hunters, Jongin was surprised, but enraged at the same time. He started to yell. "THIS WHOLE ING TIME I PROTECTED A WOLF, A BLUE ONE." Jongin was besides Sunggyu who smirked a bit. "I knew it. You weren't normal." Jongin couldn't hold it in anymore, feeling betrayed he ran to Joonmyun. "I'm going to kill you, little mud."

 

Jongin words hit Jooonmyun right in his delicate caring heart. He always thought he had been a friend, but now Jongin had shone his true colours and the blue omega was surprised, shocked by it. He froze in the moment.

 

Luhan was quick in his reaction and pushed Joonmyun aside. "Oh, no you won't." Jongin collided with Luhan, the hunter couldn't see through his rage, while the red prince was all about revenge for his dead protector. "This is for Kyungsoo." His nails drove in Jongin's stomach and the alpha ripped of the flesh, than he repeatedly plunged his nails in and out the hunter until there was nothing else to dive into. Bloodthirsty as Luhan was at the moment, he grow his teeth and bit off the flesh of Jongin's neck. It didn't take long for Jongin to go numb against the ground. Even though Luhan was drenched in his blood, he could be a little victorious. Jongin was dead. He stood up and looked at the protectors and Ari to give them a warning sign, that they had to be prepare to attack. Luhan returned to his place not a single sign of regret on his face, only revenge but not only for his protector but for every wolf they ever killed.

 

Sungjong went for Ari, he didn't want to attack his friend, so he went for the other option. Myungsoo got attacked or rather pushed first by Li. Sungyeol and Hoya went for the other protectors. Luhan saw how Baekhyun had a hard time with Hoya but he couldn't leave Joonmyun because Sunggyu came for Joonmyun, even though with all training, the red alpha prince knew the blue wolf couldn't take on the leader of the hunter group. He had sworn Uncle Kwang to not let anything happen to his son and here he was choosing blue over his own friend, he cursed himself inside. Bae didn't do better, She god hit by a the silver among Sungyeol's clothes. But she didn't give up, she got a good couple of bites out of his body. But her wolf wouldn't live long, infiltrated by the silver she quickly weakened down. Sungyeol was still alive. Li was also struggling, but was on the winning side. With some force she tore Myungsoo's leg of who gave an excruciating cry of pain. When Myungsoo was taking care of Li went to Baekhyun, passing the dying Bae. She first jumped Sungyeol and took one leg and threw him over the edge. Bae was awfully close of falling of herself. The purple alpha pulled her friend behind a rock away from the abyss and looked at her friend regretful. But the black wolf hadn't had much time if she wanted Baekhyun to be alive. Li's eyes said it all to Bae "I'm sorry", she didn't need to speak for that, regretful Bae looked back at her friend and nodded through the painful spread of the silver. Li nudged her friend with her snout. She couldn't save her friend.

 

Hoya was one of the only members who hadn't had a speck of silver on him. He saw the black wolf closing in from the corner of his eyes. Hoya was called the eagle eye of the hunter group and even when he was busy doing one thing, he could easily spot another. The white wolf on top of him was being stubborn. Fighting back as much as he could. Hoya was smart, he turned the roles around so that he was on top of the wolf and when Li approached them he turned around. The Black purple eyed wolf didn't see it coming and she stormed off on Baekhyun, she bit him in the back. the white red-eyed wolf cried out. Before Li could even imagine what she had done, she heard the evil laugh of Hoya. Li saw how Baehyun was thrown aside, she couldn't bare hearing the laugh of Hoya anymore. She went full out on him, she was angry, not only at him but also at her, she almost killed Baekhyun. Baekhyun was barely breathing because of her.

 

She huffed and went in, Hoya was smart but Li was fast, she drove her teeth right in his face. Taking his full face in and ruined it all. 

 

There were just three hunters left and Sunggyu had managed to shake of Luhan to go one-on-one with poor Joonmyun who didn't really know how to react in a fight, he never had expected to be in a fight and the training he's got was nothing compared to this. Ari was driven to the edge by Sungjong. Woohyun was still deciding on what he must do. He didn't want to violate his friend, he didn't want to protect him either, he just didn't know what to do. Woohyun watched Sungjong fight with the purple princess, but Sungjong was too young to understand things, he wasn't fighting with her full hearted.

 

Suddenly Woohyun turned around and saw two creatures closing in. Xiumin and Lay finally decided to join the party. Lay was very eager too rip Joonmyun's head off. He was 18 now. Xiumin wasn't eager at all. This was the day he would loose his Joonmyun, his only thing he had left. But a deal was a deal. Joonmyun would die before tonight, well when it was up to Lay.

 

"Stop this nonsense, Sunggyu, Sungjong, come back here." Lay called the shots. The wolves and hunters stopped not willingly. But they did stop. The hunters slowly backed away, to where Xiumin, Lay and Woohyun were. 

 

Ari backed away from the edge and looked around. She saw Li kneeling aside Baekhyun, Bae uttering out her last breath and the bodies and the remains of the bodies of the Infinite hunters. 

 

"Play time is over." Lay anounced, Xiumin was rather quiet. "Let's take this to another level, shall we?" Evil was spread all over his face. He looked to Li, who was protectively standing infront of Baekhyun. "That means those two will not fight."

 

Li looked shocked and averted her gaze the royalties.

 

Is it safe?

I don't know

We never fought without them. I don't know what to do. Do we agree? 

Ari, I don't know, okay. I don't want to agree.

But we have to, right? That's the only way?

For now. To keep them safe. 

 

Luhan wasn't sure about his choice, but they had to, they only had Li left who could fight, she was the only one who got least injured. They both nodded to Li, and she stepped down. Changing back to human to take care of the now human Beakhyun. She pulled him softly behind one of the rocks But she still wanted to get a visual of the fight so she took a rather easy spot to run from.

 

Joonmyun?

yes?

Are you ready to fight your friend? Guardian?

Eugh, do I have to decide now?

Yes

Honestly, I don't think I am.

Ooh Great, just great.

 

A cold wind blew through the icy air. Icy of the tension, no one had made a move, waiting on what the other decided to do. Joonmyun wasn't ready to kill a friend nor was he ready to even fight Xiumin. He knew they had done horrible things, but all for his protection, right? Ari was weighing her options, exchanging nervous glances with Luhan from time to time. She wasn't sure herself, even if she may have been a impulsive girl, and on very rare occasions where she got scared, but she was now, afraid that is and she knew it she was restless what made her less powerful. It made her weaker.

 

Luhan was trying to calm Ari down, she needed to be calm, he could feel her pain, her fear, her anger, that was a given present if you belonged to the Mighty Five. He couldn't contact her, it would scare her even more. It didn't work, how hard he tried, he couldn't seem to calm Ari down, that was blue's job, but it wouldn't look like that would happen. He sighed, he needed Sehun here to first of all calm Ari and second of all take a bit of the physical pain from the wounds. He needed him for support.

 

Now that it was quiet, the wolves were slowly healing. It was painful for them and they were tired. Maybe he they didn't even had the strength to go for one final attack. The healing process went really slow, with all that silver in the air that worked on their longs.

 

A sudden move from Lay made the three royals nervous. Luhan dug his heels deeper in the sand, Ari slowly backed away but not that far otherwise she would fall of the edge, Joonmyun simply stared, he wanted an explanation, but he knew Lay would do something and it wasn't going to be pretty.

 

"So" Lay clapped in his hands and started with his proposal. "Let's make this an even fight, shall we?" A large mischievous grin settled on Lay's face. The tone in that voice was meant to mock the wolves. But it had only a visible effect on the purple wolf. 

 

"Woohyun, will you do the honours?" Woohyun simply nodded at Lay's request, no one knew what would happen only the hunters and the vampires. Woohyun stood in front of Lay. Not that he had any choice, they devoted their lives to them and it was an unspoken law, when events will take a turn, your soul will belong to your masters. Woohyun gave the vampire a knife he held in his pocket, not a silver one, just a simple knife. Lay took the knife. "Well, well, such a devotion. Shall we began?" He put the knife to his own arm and with a single flick a fine string of blood dripped down. "Drink my darling hunter." Woohyun did what he was asked. Somehow Sungjong did a couple steps backwards. He didn't want this, when they did this they would forget everything that had happened in their lives. He didn't really want to be that. He never thought about it when he joined that it was a possibility and Woohyun was always more insane than him. The horror didn't go unnoticed in the alphas eyes. 

 

When Woohyun had drank enough of the blood, Lay simply snapped his neck. It would take a good 5 minutes for him to rise as newborn. "Sunggyu." The next was called. The hunter nodded and did the same thing as Woohyun. Sungjong knew he was next, he didn't want it. He had no choice. He looked for a way out. His eyes fell on Joonmyun and the other wolves. He had killed so many wolves over the past day, he couldn't ask them for help, he was their enemy, yet he didn't want to loose his humanity. Everyone Lay had turned was bloodthirsty and lived just for a couple of hours. Sungjong did some backwards steps, looking for a way out. Every escape way was blocked, nowhere to run.

 

Sungjong being the youngest of the infinite clan, was recruited with Myungsoo and Woohyun. The trainings were always fun but the real fights scared him. His eyes flashed from his now turned friend and leader to Myungsoo's body, he heard Lay calling him. He never wanted this, although he signed up for this. Myungsoo had once told him "Die in a fight, do not stay alive till the last one. Promise me that, you don't want what happens at the end, I've seen it. Please die before or run." Sungjong hesitated and Lay was getting impatient. The trembling boy stepped backwards shaking his head, away from his allies, closer to the enemies. If you look in their eyes or give in to the strange urge you have to do something, ignore it. Run Sungjong-ah. Run. He could feel the pull, he didn't look at the elders, his gaze was focused on Woohyun now, who slowly started to wake up. He saw something he never saw before in his friend's eyes, hunger, thirst, like he was just a piece of meat, Woohyun was delirious. He stood up as the new born white eyed vampire, showing his teeth and grinning at Sungjong, he could smell his blood and was sure to gulp it down. 

 

The wolves standing not so far from Sungjong were confused, Sungjong's actions did that. They looked at the newborns and Sungjong, they really didn't understand. "Sungjong-ah?" Xiumin "Come here" But the young hunter shook his head. Sungjong was close to Luhan, he knew it, an idea popped in his head and he turned around to run the last couple of metres until he was right in front of Luhan, looking in his eyes. 

 

"Please" He begged. Luhan looked at him confused. "Please" The hunter was desperate. "Kill me" Luhan's eyes widened, but Luhan did nothing, this was a change, a hunter shouldn't beg for his life. He looked at Ari and Joonmyun, when he looked back at the young hunter standing in front of him. "Kill me" Sungjong whispered with tears in his eyes. "Joon-ie is not going to do it, he's my friend. She's not going to do, because he won't. You're the only one, just please."

 

The red alpha stood there, for the first time in his life he wished he could just let his wolf do it, but something was holding him back. The red prince shook his head, he couldn't do it. He looked at the dead Maya, Bae and Kyungsoo. Luhan stepped backwards, shaking his head no. "I-I ... I can't" He said.

 

"No, No" Sungjong looked around. "You have too." Sungjong's knees gave in. He plumped down on the ground. "You have to, I want to die human, as me. Please." But Luhan still retreated. He didn't want to, call him a coward right now, call him crazy but it didn't feel right to him killing this young hunter. When Sungjong saw it, the hunter stood up with the last piece of strength and courage he had. Looked at Myungsoo's body. He started to run to the edge. 

 

"LI" They heard someone shout. It wasn't Ari, nor was it Luhan. Li obeyed the command of a determined Blue omega. She left Baekhyun's side and ran as fast as she could to save Sungjong. When the young desperate hunter was at the edge of the profound, he felt a tight grip on him, it turned him around.

 

But Li wasn't the only one running for Sungjong, Woohyun had recovered and smelled Sungjong's blood as the only alive human there, he lusted for his friend's fresh blood. It smelled so good and the desperation of Sungjong to be killed wasn't helping. Woohyun smirked and set off in pursuit. With his new found vampire powers he was fast, really fast to catch up with Sungjong.


When the young desperate hunter reached the edge, he was ready to jump, no matter what, he didn't fear death, he would embrace it because he didn't want to be what his old friend so eagerly had become. Sungjong felt a tight grip on him, it turned him around.

 

He slowly looked in his saviour or murder's eyes. He met the anger, surprised yet relieved eyes of the girl who just saved him. Woohyun had been held up by the elder vampires, it wasn't his fight yet. And like he was a newborn he was still really vulnerable by taken impulsive actions. "Why?" He asked the girl. Her purple eyes shining. She nodded to Joonmyun. Sungjong let out a sigh and slowly gave up the fight to kill himself. Li's grip on the hunter loosened and she lead him to where Baekhyun was. Li still was on her guard.

 

"Yah, Sungjong" Woohyun grunted. Sungjong shrunk and pulled his leg up to his chest. He covered his ears with his hands. Myungsoo had always been right. He should have died before the end. "Sungjong-ie" Woohyun chanted. The maknae hunter tried to ignore it, Woohyun wasn't Woohyun anymore and he didn't want to fight Joonmyun. Again something Myungsoo was right about. Always stay at Joonmyun's side, not on the vampires.

 

"Calm Woohyun-ah" Lay said and motioned to the forest behind them. Two more persons came out. The last of the toppdogg clan. Bjoo and Hansol came out. One as human, one as already turned and fed vampire. Bjoo, the one still human was compelled and hauled a bunch of rabbits behind him, he "willingly" gave him up as walking blood bag. Sunggyu and Woohyun charged at the human first, while they bit him and drank his blood, Hansol lovingly his screaming friend's hair. He wasn't compelled to offer himself without pain so he could feel every ounce of pain the newborns gave him, screaming the pain out was like music to Hansol's ears.

 

Bjoo went limp against the floor, he was done for, dry. Rapidly after Woohyun and Sunggyu satisfied themselves further with the rabbits. Until they were finished the leader children turned their heads. It was a cruel side. But it was exactly what Joonmyun had seen a couple of times from Xiumin's wife.

 

Now that Woohyun and Sunggyu were fed, they were ready to take on some action. Sunggyu still had his heart set on skinning the blue omega, Woohyun his lips and eyed in the direction of Ari, who was still to close to the profound.. Hansol traveled his eyes over the remaining survivors and saw something similar in Luhan he had seen before. "Well, well." The hunter laughed "I ripped your father's head off. I'll do the same to you." Hansol smirked and cracked his knuckles. 

 

Luhan's eyes widened. He couldn't believe it. This blade of grass killed his father? The anger in Luhan rose until boiling point, but when his anger rose, his wolf's being fed. A fact Hansol didn't count on. In their little stare contest Woohyun started to run for Ari and Sunggyu for Joonmyun. The red alpha was alert.

 

"ARI" Luhan cried out when he run to her rescue, loosing eye contact with Hansol. The purple princess lost her balance and slipped of the edge. Joonmyun turned around but he started running the second after Luhan. Joonmyun was pushed aside. Joonmyun would've have been more in time to save Ari because he was running in front of Luhan. Luhan jumped over Joonmyun and his attacker and he ran as fast as he could. His hand missed Ari's shirt and was hastingly trying to get a grip on her arm as she fell in the gutter. Luhan was desperately trying to get a grip on her, but she just slipped away. Within a few seconds he gripped her by the wrist and held her in a firm grip. She was dangling from the cliff. Luhan was laid out on the ground on his stomach. 

 

"I got you" Ari looked up and saw Luhan struggling to get her up. Luhan hadn't noticed someone was behind him. Ari's eyes widened in fear and she tried to warn him. Woohyun attacked Luhan in the back.

 

"Luhan" Ari said softly, she wouldn't have it, she came to a realization rather she died alone than pull Luhan with her. "Let go, let me go, fight." Luhan was shaking his head. Trying to pry his attacker of him. 

 

"Ari, no, not in this life. I'm not letting you go." Luhan yelled, struggling to keep her from falling. Meanwhile he was trying to get Woohyun of him. Woohyun was trying to get silver in his bloodstream. Luhan turned his body around still holding on to Ari and knocked the silver blade out of the vampire's hand. He was now laying on his back with his arm painfully turned around. 

 

"Let Go Luhan" Ari cried, tears falling out of her eyes "please, just save yourself" Woohyun ran back for the silver blade and came back with it in attack mode, but it was too short of a time for Luhan to pull Ari up.

 

"NO." He yelled fighting Woohyun. Giving him a strong punch in his stomach. If he didn't pull Ari up fast his arm would turn in a very unpleasant way, he would dislocate it. Woohyun wasn't giving up. Hitting Luhan, trying to touch him with the silver.

 

Woohyun was one persistent guy and went full out. Luhan was just thinking about how he could change in wolf form but if he'd changed Ari would fall, so he didn't. He would've ripped Woohyun apart a long time ago if he was wolf.

 

With a loud cry, coming from Luhan because Woohyun had proven to be a more worthy contestant, Luhan's arm made an inhumanely turn. Luhan's arm was bleeding from shredding over the ground, his nerves were strechted from holding onto Ari. Luhan his stomach when he finally punched Woohyun so hard he dangled away and Luhan thought he had time enough to pull Ari up. 

 

But he had less time than he thought. Woohyun was already closing in again. Ari was yelling that he finally had to let go, that it was alright. But he didn't. Ari was to precious to just die like this. He needed the purple alpha to live.

 

Woohyun pulled the silver knife up, ready to stab Luhan. Ari's eyes widened, Luhan knew at that moment there was no way he would survive this. He locked eyes with Ari, awaiting the stab. 

 

Even though Joonmyun saw the situation happening from a far he couldn't do anything. Sunggyu was a hand full, he wouldn't survive it if he did not fight Sunggyu and started to run to save the other two from Woohyun. Hansol was lurking around the corner too, ready to take over any fight.

 

Ari's eyes met Luhan's and she saw the honest 'sorry' look in his eyes. Luhan would never cry but a single tear escaped from his eyes. He'll be stabbed with silver in a couple of minutes and it all will be over. He would let Ari go and die himself. -I'm sorry, I couldn't save you- he mouthed. Ari gave him a small smile -Thank you - she said back without any sound. And she nodded. At that moment Luhan closed his eyes. It was just a mere point of second, he tightened his grip around her wrist and waited.

 

There was a loud growl and a majestic grey wolf came out of nowhere, jumping on Woohyun. Woohyun tried to take the knife back he'd let fall on the ground, but he was too far away, his fingers couldn't reach it. The wolf on top him waited and when the werewolf hunter looked back at it. The blue eyed wolf bended its head down and lamed the hunter until he gave up the fight and died.

 

Luhan who was surprised at the sudden wind above him had opened his eyes and turned around to see what had happened. He looked at the grey wolf with blue eyes. Luhan's eyes widened and he was struck by lighting at the fighting wolf. But he realized something to  late, in the action of turning around, he had let go Ari's wrist in the process. He turned back around and looked over the edge. Ari was gone, no where to be seen. Luhan's head hurt as he was going crazy of the fact he had let her go.

 

"ARI, NO, . ARRIIII"