Prologue I : The Fall of of The Blue Pack

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

PROLOGUE I


"Honey, they found us, we have to move quickly. Get Suho and Hyoyeon and run, I'll hold them off." The alpha male told his wife. "Go to the purple pack. They will understand."

 

The woman turned around to look at her husband and looked into his eyes. "I love you" The man kissed his wife and ran out of the door. The woman turned than to her child slowly waking up on the couch. They had felt an unpleasant aura for days, but they didn't know what it was, now they were ready to attack. She walked up to her daughter who was tiredly rubbing her little fists in her eyes.

 

"Mommy, what's wrong?"

 

"Hyoyeon, my little girl, we have to go, just as we practiced ok." The little 5year old girl looked at her mother and nodded her head, without a word she took her mother's hand after her mother grabbed her son out of the crib and together they ran out of the backdoor to the forest.

 

Many years they had lived in the village secretively, no one knew about their existence. Everyone thought the blue-pack was extinct many years ago, killed by vampires and hunters. Vampires who where slaughtered by them and the other packs, there was no more word about them in many years. Until this day when two strangers had visited their town and found them, the blue pack.

 

In the middle of the forest the mother halted, looked around to see if there was any danger lurking from behind the trees or in the sky. She thought she was at least a bit save as she saw her little daughter exhausted from running. "Hyoyeon, honey, mommy is going to shift, take your little brother." Her mother ran a hand over her tiny cheek. The little girl leaned into the action, understanding her mother.

 

She gave her little baby to her five-year old and shifted in wolf-form. "Get on, hold Suho tight, hurry". Her mother kneeled as it was easier for her girl to climb on her back. Hyoyeon climbed on to her mother's back and grabbed her little brother tightly. With one hand holding her mother's neck fur as she ran through the forest as fast as she could. 

 

Howls were heard everywhere through the forest, howls of the blue pack in pain as one familiar howl stopped the mother. She could feel the pain of her husband going through her own body. He was being slaughtered by the new comers. As much as she wanted to save her little children her husband's pain was much worse. Hyoyeon felt her mother tense up and cringe in pain. She climbed of her mother's back as she saw her conflicted mother. 

 

"Mommy? Is it daddy?" Her mother nodded her wolf head. "Hyoyeon listen to me. Protect your brother and hide in the caves in the mountains. Do not turn back, whatever you hear, whatever you feel. Do you understand?" Hyoyeon slowly nodded her head. "Quickly go. I'll come back for you. Ok?" Hyoyeon's eyes began to water as she hugged her mother holding her brother. She didn't want to be alone or be separated from her but she knew it was the duty of her mother to go. Her mother slowly backed up letting out a big howl. Hyoyeon looked at her mother-wolf form disappear in the woods running towards the place their father was. She wasn't stupid, she knew she was never going to see her mother again, if her father couldn't fight of the bad men as strongest of the pack, her mother certainly couldn't. She was told wolves can only love ones, those people were called their mates, her mother and father were an example of that. Their love was pure and beautiful and no one ever could come and break that bound, not even their children, that made it so much harder.

 

A couple of minutes of silence weaved through the dark woods. Hyoyeon was far away from the battle-field, but that didn't make the fear go away, or the pain. Hyoyeon looked at her brother and his cheek as he was crying loud "hush little brother, don't you cry, your sister is going to sing you a lullaby" she sniffed softly "I'll protect you" she whispered as tears were rolling down her cheeks.. The 5 year old started to turn her back to the direction where her mother disappeared in and started running in the opposite direction.

 

"We're almost there." She panting, breathing so heavy when she saw the mountains nearing. She wasn't a developed wolf yet so she couldn't change and she was a slower alpha than her mother. As a 5 year old you don't know much, she only knew what her mother told her. "I'll take care of you little prince" She kept telling the baby in her little hands. She was trying not to fall over tree trunks and tree roots above the ground. She ran and ran ignoring every sound around her, some howls, owls calls, crickets chirping until she entered the cave in the mountains, her father once told her it was the passage to a whole new world, she knew she had to keep going but couldn't run anymore, her legs wouldn't let her. 

 

After panting and trying to catch her breath for a while. There were howls close by, crying wolves, howls of pain. The cave was situated high in the mountain, Hyoyeon clutched her brother more tightly against her chest. She looked over the horizon to see the village as it was burning in flames. She gasped loudly and saw smoke everywhere. Her blue eyes shimmering in the dark night. 

 

She rocked back and forth as her little brother was crying, it echoed loudly against the cave walls. "Hush little baby don't you cry, your sister is going to sing you a lullaby" She sung as she tried to hear anything through her wolf hearing. But nothing, the howls all died again. But now there was absolutely nothing. "shh" She hushed little Suho in her hands. As tears roll down her little chubby cheeks. "Mommy and daddy are going to come back. Shh" Although she knew it wasn't possible.

 

Hyoyeon felt stings in her little heart, she knew it, they were the only two who survived of their pack. She looked at the moon and tried to be strong for her little brother but more and more tears kept running over her face. Little Suho reach out his tiny hands and let out a little laugh. Hyoyeon tried to laugh back but it was so hard.

 

 

 

Suho eventually fell asleep peacefully not knowing about the world and due to the rocking of his sister. Hyoyeon backed up in the cave and sat in the darkest corner she could find, holding her little brother in place. "You'll survive little prince. I'm going to make sure of it." Hyoyeon had been so exhausted from crying and running and trying to hush Suho that she slowly fell asleep herself. She should move to where the purple pack was tomorrow, they weren't that far away. Maybe if she could reach the highway behind the mountains she could get a ride to the next town where the purple pack was. Their father had always spoken highly over the purple pack, as they had lived as one for a very long time. He had said, they were the most understanding, caring and the strongest even stronger than orange but still not as strong as them.

 

But the 5-year old had gotten so scared, she didn't move out of the cave in almost a week, only to go find food and water, most of it she gave to her baby brother. But as days passed she became weaker and weaker. Her brother kept his health. Their mother and father never came to get them. One day two strangers entered their cave. Hyoyeon did do her best and gave her brother a bed of soft leaves while she slept on the hard rock bottom of the cave.

 

"It's them" She heard one of them say as she slowly opened one of her eyes. "the last two survivors, let's kill them Xiu."

 

"Lay" Xiumin said angsty, "We have never killed children before." Hyoyeon spread her eyes wide open, Suho was a tad too far from her but she still tried to move her weak little body closer to protect him. Always protect the prince they had said. You never give up the fight when the prince is still alive. On that same moment Suho opened his little eyes and started crying.

 

"What do you want to do than?" Lay said clearly disagreeing with his companion. "SHUT IT UP." Lay pointed at the crying baby.

 

"Let's take the boy, when we've killed all the wolves, he'll be grown up and we can kill him." Xiumin proposed not liking the smell of the cave.

 

"What about the girl?" 

 

"She's as good as dead, let her die here." Xiumin shrugged as he took the boy. Hyoyeon tried to crawl closer and she was just a few inches to far away.

 

Lay crouched down next to Hyoyeon. "You fought and hid well little girl." Hyoyeon's eyes were met with the white eyes with a small black iris in it. Her mother had told her the story about these creatures, who almost wiped the blue pack of the earth.

 

"V-vam ..." She started.

 

"Yes little one, we still exist and you will never live to tell anyone." Lay said grabbing a handful of her hair and lifting her up by it, Hyoyeon cried it out from pain but the vampire didn't show a glance of remorse and threw her against a wall. Hyoyeon's head bumped the wall of the cave and she sunk onto the ground as pudding. Xiumin was already leaving the cave with Suho in his hands rocking him so he wouldn't make Lay kill him faster. He stood still at the entrance and watched Lay.

 

"Are you done?" Xiumin looked at his friend, he was getting antsy of how much valuable time they were loosing.

 

"Yeah" He answered. "Bye little alpha girl. we will take good care of the little one until he turns eighteen and we can kill him." Lay kicked her in the stomach before he walked out with Xiumin. Hyoyeon tried to reach out with her little hand. "Su-u..." she couldn't bring out more and her little hand dropped to the floor as everything became blurry in front of her eyes. She closed her little eyes and one last tear escaped her eye and slowly dripped on the ground.