Run Ari Run

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER XVII

"Run Ari Run"

 

Ari woke up in her bed in the cabin. She looked around the room, trying to recall what happened. A faint flash of Joonmyun trying to kill her again came to her mind. She sighed, the omega's wolf must've been angry but why at her. She sat up and let her legs hang of the bed and looked outside. The back yard from the cabin was just the trees of the forest. They should go home by now, staying here long might seem suspicious to their parents. 

 

Ari looked at how her clothes were, a lot of blood was spread over it. It was a good thing they always kept clothes in the cabin although the clothes that were there were the ones they left two years ago. Her dad probably memorized what she had on, so she stood up and searched for something similar to wear. Although her style might not have changed much since then, the clothes were different.

 

She went downstairs and saw Joonmyun at the dining table, writing it what seemed the Blue Prince Survivor. Her eyes widened, where did he find that book, it was in her backpack. She now kept it with her all the time. She slowly sneaked up on Joonmyun who hadn't heard her because he was so emerged in his biography. She lightly let her finger slide horizontally over his back, so a small shivering would be the cause. Joonmyun looked up and saw the girl standing next to him and smiled. With no need for hi's she walked to the door. She had heard Luhan outside. Ari opened the front door and went outside. 

 

"Luhan?" But no where was their a sign of the red prince. "Luhan?" She tried again. She still didn't get an answer, she didn't feel like something was wrong but it worried her because she was 100% certain that he was out here somewhere. She descended the small stair and looked around. Suddenly Luhan appeared from behind the cabin. "YAH," she said louder than planned, Luhan looked up shocked, but when he saw Ari he just shrugged and passed her to go back in the house. "Luhan." She repeated. 

 

"What?" He turned around and looked at her. 

 

"How long was I out?" She tried to read his expression because the way he was looking at her, wasn't normal.

 

"An hour or two" he answered with the short response. Ari noticed something on his arm, some kind of bite. She looked from the bite to Luhan's eyes and back. The boy couldn't hide his arms cause he had short sleeves. He retreated his arm in front of him. "It's not yours, and not his, I bit myself." 

 

"Thank you" the purple princess said n a soft but still hearable voice.

 

"Don't mention it. I need to keep my promise to Sehun." Luhan shrugged and went inside the cabin, the purple princess followed shortly. Taking her now opened back and went to the sofa. She took out Uncle Taeyang's training schedule.

 

  1. A WOLF HAS TO BE IN CONTROL NOT BE CONTROLLED (Taeyang)
  2. A WOLF NEVER GIVES IN TO EXHAUSTION (Taeyang)
  3. A WOLF HAS TO BE SKILLFUL, AGILE (Takuya)
  4. A WOLF NEEDS TO FEEL FREE AND SEE THE VIVID COLORS OF THE WORLD. (Kyuhyun)
  5. A WOLF IS AS GOOD AS HIS OWN DEFENSE MECHANISM. DO NOT START A FIGHT, BUT END IT  (Minhyuk)
  6. A WOLF CANNOT BE BLINDED BY ANOTHER SCENT, RATHER THAN THE SCENT HE IS SEARCHING FOR  (Changmin)
  7. THE FASTER A WOLF CAN THINK, THE MORE ADVANTAGE IT HAS. (Changmin)
  8. DON'T BE AFRAID TO KILL, BE AFRAID OF BEING KILLED (Minhyuk)
  9. WHEN CAUGHT IN THE EYE OF DEATH, FIGHT AND RUN. DON'T GIVE UP.  (Kyuhyun)
  10. IF YOU DON'T HAVE WEAPONS, USE YOUR STRENGTH (Kyuhyun)
  11. NO MATTER WHAT, A WOLF WILL ALWAYS FIGHT FOR WHAT HE LOVES, TO KEEP IT ALIVE EVEN IF IT MEANS SACRIFICING HIMSELF. (Takuya)

 

The golden rules of the leaders that Taeyang had summarized. Her finger slided softly over the last number. She sighed even though they know war was coming, you could feel the air thickening, she didn't want to come it to soon. Looking around Luhan was in the kitchen, Joonmyun sat at the table still writing his biography. Joonmyun's training was done, now it was just a quest to repeat and perfectionize. 

 

"Done" Joonmyun declared. He looked around and closed the notebook. Luhan came out the kitchen and snatched the notebook from in front of the omega and gave it to Ari who was still on the sofa with Taeyang's training book.

 

Day 23 Wednesday

Something was up, Kyuhyun was agitated. Minhyuk was on the edge. Takuya was not heard of, but they were close by the other two packs. More and more hunters gathered in the small village. At school nothing was up although the wolf teachers weren't at ease. Every pupil they had their eye on but especially Chanyeol and Jongin were bait for the teacher, they were smiling all day, not in a happy way, they were up to something. Joonmyun trailed behind his hunter friends in the morning, at lunchtime he had promised to meet Myungsoo, Sungjong and Woohyun from the infinite clan, they didn't go to school so it was easier to meet them outside.

 

"Joon-ie" Sungjong came running to his friend and embraced him in a warm hug, in this to hot weather. The sun was shining bright at a clear blue sky, no wind. They were sitting outside at a picnic table. Meanwhile Myungsoo and Woohyun trailed behind Sungjong, until the younger one came running towards the omega."How's this one doing in school?" He ruffled Joonmyun's hair after they all took place at the picnic table. His attention was on the blue's protectors.

 

"He's doing fine." Jongin said, practically avoiding the questions fired at them.

 

"That's good, Joon, you always wanted to go to school and do good." Myungsoo said proudly, looking at his youngest friend. He was seated next to him.

 

"But it makes it twice as hard for us." Chanyeol murmured, clearly against his will to be here. Myungsoo shot the younger a disapproved look. Chanyeol just rolled his eyes. He just hoped they could get to come around and kill every wolf that was still alive.

 

"I brought you something better than cafeteria lunch." Myungsoo said and gave him a whole lunchbox full of Joonmyun's favorites, which was easily described as one word. SUSHI. Joonmyun smiled happily.

 

"Yes." the omega cheered, "Thank you." Jongin rolled his eyes, it was just sushi to him, for Joonmyun who didn't get it a lot it was a feast. It was on rare occasions he got this, which was known as his birthday. Xiumin had a strict no fish policy, or at least the lesser amount of fish the better.

 

"So, met anyone interesting, Joon?" Woohyun asked, ready scoop up some dirt. He knew his friend was normally pretty shy around people, until he got to know them after they approached. Joonmyun looked up, munching on a sashimi with tuna, he nodded. "Come tell us already." Woohyun smiled, sitting on the opposite side of the table. Jongin and Chanyeol were almost pushed aside to the end of the table because the three had taken up their space and they weren't happy about it. They have never been the best friends, even fighting for the same cause didn't help.

 

Still looking at Woohyun, Joonmyun wanted to say something, but he rethought it the last minute, maybe it wasn't smart to let them know he had become good friends with the purple princess, and while he didn't want to admit it even the red prince was considerate a friend. He opened and closed his mouth as fast as he could.

 

In the distant he heard Ari laughing with her friends. He didn't even see them but he knew they were about to come out of school building and were on their way to sit on the grass for the rest of lunchtime. The omega was looking at the door now rather than at his friends. Meanwhile when no one noticed, except one hunter did.

 

"So, it's her isn't it?" Myungsoo pointed at Ari and realized what he had just pointed at, she was a wolf. It was so clear in his eyes. 
Joonmyun took a quick glance at Ari, he hadn't noticed she already was out. Ari just gave him a nod and a big smile. Myungsoo nudged his friend in the side. "I get it she is beautiful, but ...." Joonmyun coughed, he had choked on a piece of sashimi, he waved his hands and shook his head, to make clear he hadn't had special feelings for Ari as Myungsoo interpreted, just friendly ones. The kiss had proven that to the both of them.

 

"We have to go, Sunggyu is gathering everyone for an important meeting." Woohyun interrupted. Sungjong nodded and stood up. 

 

"Now? You guys just got here." Joonmyun pouted, it was the truth he didn't get much time with his three friends. 

 

"I'm sorry Joon-ie, enjoy the rest of your day." Sungjong said smiling. "We'll see you later, we'll come by tonight, promise." Woohyun said joining Sungjong who was ready to leave.

 

Myungsoo slowly stood up, making Joonmyun to stand too so he could hug him. "I'll always be at your side." He whispered so no one else then Joonmyun would hear. The omega didn't figure out what it meant. When the hunter let him go, he ruffled the younger his hair. "Take care, we'll see you this evening. Xiumin has asked us to come over, we can't let that opportunity slide, can we now?" Myungsoo said in a regular voice and joined his leaving friends.

 

"Glad they are gone, they think they are better then us." Chanyeol sighed. "I don't get it why Xiumin let them hangout with you anyway. Lay would've already killed them barehanded when they approached you when you were 7." 

 

"Let it be, they might come in handy. Although I hate that Sunggyu's guts, we need them." Jongin sighed plopping down in his original seat next to Joonmyun. Even though the omega knew they didn't like each other, he loved the infinite members company. He cherished the last piece of sushi he got from Myungsoo. 

 


"Bom-ie, Minhyuk is going crazy, he fears the worst on friday. It is Luhan's birthday." Kyuhyun said while taking a seat next to his wife. Ari had just picked up the last line of their conversation. 

 

"Kyu, can't we do something. If the reds are in danger, what does that mean for us?" Her head was laying down on his shoulder while they both were looking outside in the silent afternoon.

 

"I don't know, honey, I don't know." Kyu sighed.

 

Ari let the door fall into the lock. "Mom, dad I am home." She declared and went to the living room to see her parents.

 

"Ari" her father's voice was stern. He looked at her. "No going out, not even to the reds house, are we clear, no midnight outings to Li, Bae or Maya, you need to stay inside." Ari looked at her father and slowly nodded her head. "I'm going to check on you once in awhile."

 

"Daaa--add I'm not a little kid, I'll stay home." She said, looking at her mom for some explanation.

 

"Do as your father says. There are to many dangerous people lurking around every corner. We just want you save, Ok" It wasn't really a question more than it was a fact.

 

"Fine. I will not leave this house and be imprisoned in it until I got the ok to leave. Is that ok?" Ari looked at her parents, there eyes weren't really showing the confidence they were showing otherwise, it shocked Ari that she could read a little fear into them. She decided it was for the best to do what her parents told her tonight. She just needed to contact the two boys. Should she even try the connection, since it would hurt her and Luhan the most. Was it worth the pain?

 

She slowly walked up the stairs and went to her room. A message with her phone will also do, she wasn't really in the mood to challenge the connection. It didn't take long for Luhan to message back that he couldn't leave also and for Joonmyun to message that he had friends over so it was impossible to reach the cabin.

 

 

Day 24 Thursday

"Mom, I'm leaving." Ari yelled from the front door, ready to go to school, skipping breakfast because she already was late.

 

"WAIT, you need to eat some breakfast." Bom encouraged her. She had baked some delicious waffles and brought some to Ari. 

 

"I'll eat them on the way to school." Ari said hugging her mother. "Love you, bye. I am so late."

 

"Love you too sweety, be careful" Bom shouted after her daughter.

 

"I WILL" Ari yelled back running with waffles in her hand. Ari had woken up pretty early, with headaches and stomach aches that suddenly came up. She ignored it for the bigger part. 

 

When Ari finally got of h bus at the stop at school, most of the pain disappeared again. She walked to the front gates were Li, Bae and Maya were waiting for her. Joonmyun who normally arrived at the same time she did, was nowhere to be seen. The red's were already in the school hallways. It was really quiet for the time of day in school. It was like every student had the day off except for the wolves.

 

When the lessons started, somehow everyone was there, even the 'human' students. Ari looked at her protectors for answers but they just shrugged there shoulders. The day went by further, occasionally being sick, Ari didn't want to bother her friends. She noticed Luhan glancing over sometime in the morning, until he got a phone call in lunch-break and left school with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo by his side. As far as Ari thought, he was getting sick also and left to go home. They always had been careful to not show their true identity to the humans but Luhan, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun morphed into white wolves right in the middle of the grass field they sat when it was lunchtime. It was like they could care less right now.

 

Screams were heard and all 'human' students and teacher ran for cover in the school building as the three white wolves rapidly made their way to the forest. The only people left on the field were some of the red younger wolves and purple wolves, Ari, Bae, Maya, a smirking Chanyeol and Jongin and a petrified, frozen Joonmyun.

 

For Joonmyun it was the first time seeing that wolf again, he sure knew Luhan in his wolf form from the first time he arrived here. He attacked him but he learned that Luhan wasn't all that bad, he just was protective over his pack and Ari, he learned that Luhan didn't like intruders on his peaceful life and if someone or something was trying to break that peace it would die. But as shocked as he was, he knew Luhan wouldn't attack him anymore, because he was too a wolf and on top of that he was a legendary blue one. He would just attack him if his own wolf went after Ari again.

 

Ari couldn't concentrate the rest of the afternoon, headaches came up more frequently and more painful, talks about how the trio turned into a wolf were a really hot topic. For all humans knew they were just fantasy creatures created in their minds and used to scare kids and all. But now they'd seen one, well three, they were questioning everything. Ari sighed for the nth time in class and Maya got more and more worried about her soon to be leader.

 

"You should go home" she whispered in Chemistry while they were doing all kinds of tests, Ari wasn't a great help. In groups from 4 they were all around one bench. Ari as stubborn as she was didn't want to, but excidently mixed the wrong liquids together and messed up their whole assignment. "Ari?" Maya tried again. "Please. You need rest." 

 

Bae also looked up at the princess and then shared a brief moment with Li. They all should bring Ari home. "C'mon we'll go with you." Bae suggested, still Ari shook her head. Bae than looked at Li again, normally Ari would listen, what was going on? The protector looked at the other for help, if she and Maya couldn't convince her, Li would.

 

"Ari" Li stood next to Ari and lightly touched her arm. "You don't look ..."

 

"DON'T TOUCH ME" Ari yelled, the three protectors looked up, Ari rarely yelled like this in class, it would attract attention, and it did. The whole class stopped working and turned their heads to see what was going on. Joonmyun looked up too, Ari looked really angry but she hadn't had a real reason to. "If you ever touch me, I swear." Ari pointed a warning finger at Li who was as confused as the others by the threat. But she let go of the purple's arm immediately.

 

"Ari what the h..." Li started because she saw something she never had seen before, Ari's eyes were flashing all colors of all packs even the dead ones. But when they settled they were half purple, half red, Ari didn't seem to notice. Although she had heard from Kyungsoo when the leaders children had split eye-colours it didn't meant anything good, also it meant they weren't here but with the other. With that information she started to examine Ari further but Ari seemed like she was still here and wasn't with Luhan, did the red protector forgot to mention something to her?

 

"FINE, I'll go home, stop nagging, all of you." Ari shouted, she was making a commotion. "GO BACK TO YOUR F* ASSIGNMENTS. HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN ANYONE YELL AT HER FRIENDS." Mr. Park who hadn't interfered yet, he came in between both, Ari was growling all incoherent words right now. While Mr. Park kindly escorted the purple princess out, Joonmyun looked from the protectors to the now empty doorway. It wasn't Ari's normal behaviour, he heard Bae say it was probably the headaches that gave her mood swings. Ari was sent home later, calm, there wasn't a piece of anger left.

 

But still in her angry , she changed into a mesmerizing black wolf in the middle of the football field where Mr. Lee was teaching a P.E. class, he didn't now what went through his nieces mind when she had morphing into a wolf, the humans thought they had seen everything already today with the white wolf trio, now a black one. Mr. Lee tried to keep order.

 


 

"Mom, dad? I'm home" Ari threw her keys on the table in the hallway. "Mom, dad?" still no answer. Ari came home with a terrible headache, she wasn't feeling well, but she felt a lot more like herself then in school. Her folks should've been home, if they weren't they should've called. She sighed, but they would've normally had, so she started to be suspicious. A strange aura was in the house. She sniffed the air. Something was off, the air wasn't a pleasant perfume, lots of metal kind of smells came through.

 

"Mom?" She tried again. Something wasn't right. "D-dad?"

 

ARI RUN

Luhan, stay out of my head. My headache is bad enough already.

ARI please, don't go home. RUN. please listen to me for once. GET OUT if you are home.

What the hell are you trying to do? I'm really tired and ....

ARI JUST THIS ONCE LISTEN TO ME, I can see you're home, do not go further. Go find Joonmyun and come to me please.

 


A/N: I know wolves would be when they change back into humans, but to avoid awkward situations let's assume they can change back into their clothes :s. I started out in the beginning with humans, but it will be awkward in following chapters, SO wolves who change back have clothes on now ^^.

Ugh this chapter so much and is short. I hoped to make it more exciting because I needed to be where I stopped now. If some of the sentences are missing, I don't what happened, I tried to recover as much as I could, I am sorry for that.