Ari must die! pt. 1

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER XII

"Ari must die! pt.1"

 

 

Day 11 - Friday

Joonmyun woke up feeling strange. He couldn't remember how he got to bed or what he even did last night apart from coming home after his run and wait in the cabin, when Ari was a no show. He shook his head and rubbed his fingers through his hair. His head hurt and for some odd reason he wasn't in control of his own emotions. He shrugged it of when he went to the bathroom, preparing for a fun day at school. or at least what was rumored to be a fun day because Mr. Lee's assignments were the best. There were only 2 lessons planned, a maths and PE.


 

 

 

PE was next up, favorite class of wolves. Today, subject's Mr Lee Secret Surprise. All of the students were placed on a bus as they rode to their surprise destination. The seniors arrived at the forest but not just any part, the part closest to the lake and the mountains which meant also the closest to the cabin of the leader wolves.

Today's secret subject : PAINTBALL IN THE FOREST with a small quest of conquer the flags of the other teams.

 

They were all divided in several teams off course Ari and Luhan were the leaders of you geuss their signature colors. PURPLE AND RED. Off course wolves would win, this was their territory and they knew this place all to well. The boundaries were set about, players could go into the forest but had to stop at the rope that was in a radius of 100 meters.

 

Mr. Lee knew what he was doing, although they hoped because the cabin was about 200 meters away. Dahye choose to be with her friends and didn't join Ari's group, so they asked Ji Eun, the little nerdy human with no friends, but still descent at sports. Dahye joined her friends in the BESTie clan, color YELLOW.

 

That meant only one color remained and that was Blue. Chanyeol, Jongin and Joonmyun were paired up in that group. They had fellow students Jeongmin and Minwoo with them.

 

Luhan was with his loyal protectors Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. that meant the twins Kwangmin and Youngmin were with them, to complete their group and to get the whole class divided. It was boys vs girls.

 

Ari had set a fort about 50 metres into the forest. She had ordered Ji Eun and Bae to stay behind in the camp with the purple flag. Luhan had done the same but he was by the lake, hidden the flag in between the rocks that formed a small cave. He had put Kwangmin and Youngmin as protectors of the flag. He had to keep Kyungsoo and Baekhyun close since the hunters were playing the game as well. Chanyeol and Jongin couldn't be trusted.

 

BESTie group hadn't had the time to set up camp, they were eliminated by Li and Maya. Capturing the yellow flag and bringing it to the purple camp, being very aware of the reds lurking from behind the bushes. No one had seen the blues after they ran into the forest to build their camp.

 

It was very strange, for one team to just disappear like that. Luhan had noticed and told Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to go and try to capture the two flags of the purples. Luhan got worried, something about this atmosphere wasn't quite right and he ran in the opposite direction of the purple group. After a couple of meters Luhan summoned his wolf, not changing but summoning his abilities. He sniffed out the Blue omega, easily locating the blues camp. Luhan hid behind and tree and saw something he rather wouldn't want to. Joonmyun was had his gone pointed at each of the blues and shot them one by one. Leaving him standing above a now screaming boy between his legs as he was standing over him tall.

 

Ari had conquered the red flag easily from the camp. Youngmin and Kwangmin were no match for her, especially when she had her wolf abilities to sneak up on them quietly and shoot them in silent. She grabbed the flag and went back to her camp. Finding out that her protectors and Ji Eun were eliminated by Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, but Li had shot Kyungsoo the same time he had shot her the same went for Maya and Baekhyun. So that meant Ari, Luhan and the blue team were still in the game, for all Ari knew at that moment.

 

The purple princess trusted her wolf that guided her to the blue camp were she witnessed the change in Joonmyun. She hadn't noticed Luhan was spying on the blue team as well or what was left of the blue team. The blue omega had Jeongmin now in a chokehold. His hand was settled around the poor human's neck and he was helding him in the air without any difficulties.

 

Luhan didn't close in to shoot him, he watched him carefully as Joonmyun took their classmate in a chokehold. Luhan was clueless about what was happening, he couldn't place it for certain but he had a hinge of what was going on. One thing he was certain. Why kill your own teammates unless you didn't know what you were doing? Unless he was overpowered himself, a power only a wolf would know. 

 

Luhan already sensed that Joonmyun wasn't himself the past few days. He felt more powerful and this was proving it. It couldn't be possible that this was Ari's doing. Luhan knew about their secret rendez-vous where Ari trained the omega. He followed them every time. But he hadn't gotten the chance to follow them this week, Minhyuk was keeping a close eye on Luhan and had given him a preach that it wasn't the time to run off like that. Luhan tried to move closer careful not to break a twig or something, Joonmyun in this stated would obviously hear him. He saw an other figure approaching Joonmyun. Ari !

 

Luhan though quickly shooting Jeongmin out of the game so he could return to the meeting place where Mr. Lee 'collected' the people who were out. Now Luhan had to options, choose Ari and protect her, or shoot Joonmyun and end this game. Since Luhan had figured out of what was going on.

 

Instead of going to Joonmyun, he choose to go to Ari, but not to attack her. Luhan had witnessed this side of a wolf before whereas Ari hadn't, a wolf in this stated doesn't know who someone is, friend or enemy. He had called it the unstoppable rage. As much as he disliked Ari sometimes, well he tried to dislike her anyways, he still had a duty to protect her as well. Ari was ready to attack when she was abruptly pulled backwards and pinned to a tree. Not only that, a hand was folded over so she couldn't make any noise. She looked at her capturer who was pinning her against that tree with his own, as he gently eased her to silence, shushing her with his index-finger to his lips.
 

"Ari, I know what Joonmyun is and what you are doing." Ari crooked an eyebrow, not understanding at first but than her eyes widened immensely when she got what Luhan was talking about. "Oh please, don't look at me like that, I know about the little outings and training the omega, ok? I'm on your side for once, it's a good thing you are training him. But it's better if you don't attack Joonmyun right now. Joonmyun isn't himself right now. If he could, he would turn right now and rip the village apart, if we make a wrong move. Strangely enough he hasn't turned so we are probably save but he just paintballed his whole team dead and if I didn't take out Jeongmin right now, he would've killed him, literally, let me handle him."

 

"Luhan what the hell are.....,let me go." The purple princess tried to murmur through the hand on . Ari tried to get out of the grasp of Luhan, she couldn't stand it, she became angry.

 

"Ari please, for once just listen to me, the state Joonmyun is in right now, he wouldn't see you as friend nor enemy he just goes straight for the kill. Strangely enough he hasn't yet, he almost did right there. Just keep quiet." Luhan whispered, slowly removing his hand from Ari's mouth when she stopped working against him.

 

"And you are concerned about me?" She whispered, Ari cocked her head to the side. Luhan nodded not even looking at her. He was keeping an eye on the blue omega. "Can you do that in another position than..... well .....this." The purple princess pointed out. Luhan hadn't even noticed he had made body contact. Which made him blush a bit and went for the immediate release. with a small sorry, his eyes went to Joonmyun, Luhan let out a curse. Ari tapped him slowly on his shoulder "Luhan" she whispered, he looked at Ari who seemed horrified and he turned around only to find Joonmyun standing there almost in tears, his watery eyes shining blue.

 

"Ari" Joonmyun voiced cracked. "I thought you hated the guy?" Ari didn't notice anything, Luhan on the other hand saw a flash of brown, but it was less than a millisecond if he would have blinked he wouldn't have seen it. Joonmyun was fighting his own wolf. What could only mean that his match was here.

 

"Be careful, it's an act." Luhan tried to keep Ari close to him, when she was a couple of steps in front of him.

 

"And how would you know?" Ari hissed.

 

"Because I've been in this state before." Luhan admitted. "My father had to pull me out." that part Luhan lied. "You'll do anything, to kill everyone." Ari looked shocked at Luhan. Luhan shrugged "What? It's a revenge thing. You kill the one responsible for something and every person similar to the other or rather said every person that comes to stand in your way, I guess he's out for wolf as he hasn't killed any humans yet. He played the paintball according the rules, well then he took out his whole team."

 

Ari didn't get it fully, she stepped closer to Joonmyun. "Ari" Luhan warned her, giving her a silent order to not approach.

 

"Myun-ah?" Ari stepped forward against Luhan warnings. She reached out her hand in front of her, Joonmyun looked at her every move, observing the purple alpha, Luhan kept his eye on Joonmyun. "Have you played paintball before? You're not supposed to shoot your own teammates." Luhan facepalmed himself mentally this was the dumbest thing Ari had said.

 

"I know" Joonmyun sighed emotionless, obviously he got a bit irritated. Ari was a bit confused by that normally Joonmyun would have apologized or something.

 

"How are you feeling, you don't look so good? Are you scared or mad or something?" Joonmyun tilted his head as Ari came closer. An evil smirk quirked up his face.

 

"Ari, come back here" Luhan sissed.

 

"Oh look at that. Little red wants you" Joonmyun said and his eyes were full of anger, he grabbed Ari and dug his long nails in Ari's arm slowly raking them over Ari's smooth skin. Ari tried not to yell but it hurt so bad, the wound began too bleed. She bit her bottom lip to stop herself from crying out, Luhan flinched a bit, he tried not to grab his own arm. Ari didn't know about the pain that can be transferred, only Sehun and him knew about that. They were meant to put it in the book but never got the chance, to fully submit it.  With every pain Joonmyun created on Ari', Luhan felt his anger rise. "You can't have her." The blue outraged omega yelled.

 

"Let her go." Luhan's eyes flared red, he couldn't hold it in anymore, although they promised to never harm or hurt a blue, this was a different situation. Ari was hurt here, so he had to step up the plate. Ari tried to stribble against. But Joonmyun's grip was to strong and almost cut her blood circulation off. She felt a bit faint, Joonmyun had driven his nails over her whole arm and in the meantime he had successfully pulled Ari against him with her back.His hand was dangerously close on her chest just were her heart was. With his other hand he held her steady against him so she couldn't escape. The blue omega softly traced her neck with his nose from behind, taking in her sent of flowers like daisies in spring and a faint scent of bitter like coffee. Her hair was up in a ponytail, her neck was cleared of hair. For the first time in his life, Luhan saw a flash of fear in the princess' eyes.

 

"Don't you dare !!" Bu it was too late a sinister laugh came from Joonmyun and he had slowly driven his nails into her chest he clawed Ari's neck open, he slowly inserted and retreated his nails, while retreating his nails, the omega bared his teeth and settle them on her skin. He was raised by vampires and had seen their feeding process when he was little, especially Xiumin's wife was cruel. Xiumin always was in the nick of time the cover his eyes.

 

Weakening Ari meant weakening Luhan, Luhan felt the teeth as they were inserted in his own neck, at the same time his heart was squeezed painfully. It was something never done by wolves, this unorthodox way was pulling the red prince over the edge and he had enough. He reached for Ari's arm, gave Joonmyun a punch in his faced and pulled the purple princess against his own body. She was limb but she was still steady enough, in his arm. "Heal, Ari, just focus on healing. I'll handle the rest. It's going to get ugly so if you can't watch, close your eyes" Luhan whispered in her ear, holding her close, he was breathing heavily, fighting against the pain Ari was going through. His eyes on the blue. Luhan would never imagine what happened next, Ari's arms went around his waist. For a moment Luhan stood there paralyzed, stunned of how Ari searched for comfort. The purple princess was glad she found some sort of safe haven in the red's arms. Luhan's scent was what released her emotions, the fresh hint of a pine forest, relaxed her quite a bit.

 

She had never feared anyone but at the moment she was afraid of Joonmyun. She didn't know why he her, thinking he was her friend.
Ari's eyes filled with tears as she wanted to hold on tight to Luhan for once. But it didn't last long. Luhan released her and jumped in front of her when Joonmyun started to reach out for the princess again. She tried to grab Luhan by his shirt, he was her only safety net right now, she didn't get why her blue friend was reacting this way. Why he was attacking her. Luhan had managed to take off the paintball gear when he put her aside, telling her to heal. "You, CHANGE NOW" He than ordered the blue omega."Let's make this an equal fight, Joonmyun" Joonmyun cocked his head to the side and looked at Luhan with an evil almost devilish smirk. He was taunting him, the red alpha knew it, he wasn't his match, because he already found his match and it wasn't blue, but he had to try something, he had to keep the unstable Ari safe, alive at least. 

 

Luhan and Joonmyun were circling each other, both waiting for the other one to attack, letting out growls. "C'mon do it." Luhan provoked it. Nothing happened. Joonmyun didn't want Luhan, he wanted Ari. He found a way to lock his gaze on her as he was trying to come near her. Luhan blocked his way. "Don't you dare! You have to go through me first." 

 

"You are no match for me, killing you wouldn't be as fun as killing her. You know she is more powerful as she seemed to be. Let me have her" Luhan was taken by shock, he knew as no one else what Ari could do, but she wasn't even close to his strength, right now. "Do you honestly think you can defeat me? Are you so naïve?" Joonmyun grinned his eyes still on Ari who was standing against the tree.

 

"Snap out of it Joonmyun, she is not the one you are trying to kill. Stop it" Luhan said still standing in between Ari and him. "You don't want to do things you will regret." 

 

"Oh trust me I'm not doing anything I'll regret. She has to die. Why don't you attack me? See for yourself that I mean business." The blue omega said.

 

"Luhan" Ari said with a little scared voice "Don't attack"

 

"Why?" Luhan turned around, not watching the blue omega. He was surprised by Ari's voice, almost pleading him to not attack.

 

"Just don't" The purple princess' eyes pierced through the barriers of the red prince.

 

"Than what do you want me to do?" He was a bit irritated, shocked about Ari's words. He wanted to attack so everything would be over. Or at least be calmed down. Or maybe dead, who knows what the blue omega was capable of.

 

"Just wait" Ari said "Wait, I'm almost healed" Luhan eyed her worriedly from head to toe and did as she said he waited, stalled a bit of time but he was still the obstacle between Ari and Joonmyun.

 

"Ari" Luhan said impatiently with his eyes on Joonmyun, he was watching his every move to not be under a sudden surprise attack from the rogue blue omega. "Come on, ... A-ari" Luhan hissed. The blue prince made a sudden move and Luhan couldn't wait any longer, his protective attitude on high alert. He saw him running towards them, Luhan pushed Ari aside and got stuck in the tight grip of the somewhat stronger omega.

 

"Luhan, stop." Ari yelled, watching from the sidelines. "Stop" But Luhan ignored her desperate yelling and went on to attack the other.

 

Luhan had finally got a grip on Joonmyun and had a hand around his neck. The other still believed that he could win, the evilness hadn't left Joonmyun's face. But Luhan seemed to be at the winning hand. With Ari's pleading from the side it wasn't easy to continue. Luhan sighed and looked angrily at Ari.

 

"You want him to be like that? He can't even think straight." Luhan yelled. The blue omega saw the opportunity to turn the tables and tackled a cursing Luhan to the ground. The red alpha's screamed was loud, but Joonmyun had no mercy, he kept digging his claws into Luhan, where he could. Trying to beat the poor blue prince of of him, Luhan was no match. Well, not so poor at the moment not even defenseless. Joonmyun scratch Luhan quite hard and a set of nails drove in to his side and was harshly pulled back out. The blood oozed out heavily. ", you ing bastard." He shouted and kicked the possessed omega right in the guts, by surprise Joonmyun had let the alpha go. "Sehun's gonna love this." He murmured inaudible through the pain. He wished Ari wouldn't have heard him but by her shocked expression he knew she had. He had a lot to explain when this was over.

 

"What did you say?" Ari asked Luhan, debating her own mind if she heard it correctly. He did say Sehun did he? She still wasn't sure if it were only mind tricks or Luhan had really mentioned the name of the green alpha.

 

"That you have to let him turn." Luhan tried to change the subject. The best way to tie the omega down in this rage, was to let him turn.

 

"I can't, he's still scared of us, of wolves. He can't turn he doesn't know how." Ari yelled. Joonmyun was over his surprise and went back to attacking a healing Luhan.

 

"What are the trainings for than? You have to have achieved something by now." Luhan cried angrily, focusing on healing and fighting Joonmyun off. Joonmyun eagerly scratch him everywhere, the red alpha was on obstacle to where he needed to be, wiping him off the map was his only goal now.

 

After a couple of minutes Ari realized there was one thing, outside of turning, that could save Joonmyun, let his wolf out more. "Running'" Ari said softly. Running was the only way to let Joonmyun be close to his wolf. Ari was still afraid of this evil side of the omega but she had to do something. He would run after her, she was his target so it was only obvious. 

 

"What? I don't have time to run." Luhan stated the obvious.

 

"HIM. not you"

 

"He won't follow me."

 

"But He'll follow me" Ari let her own wolf kick in and her brown orbs changed to that bright shining purple. Luhan's eyes widened.

 

"ARi, NO, over my dead body that I'm letting him run after you." 

 

"It's the only way to let his wolf and his human self be close and to distract him."  Ari's eyes shifted to Joonmyun who just scratched Luhan's face and the red one was going to explode. Joonmyun could smell Ari's overpowering wolf and turned his head to her. With one swift hush of the wind, she ran deeper the forest in, the purple alpha ran away as fast as she could. A small float of wind touched Joonmyun and he released Luhan, threw Luhan a couple of metres through the air, clashing with a tree, and ran after Ari. The red alpha cursed and tried to heal as fast as possible. When Luhan was completely healed which was 10 minutes after he heard a wolf cry, a very painful howl, he felt an awful pain tearing in his stomach. He cursed and knew Ari got hit. He sniffed out the faint smells, first there was nothing, than a faint smell that he picked up, sweet like a field full of daisies and bitter like coffee. It was a mixture of Ari's smells and he started to run in the same direction. When he finally found them, Ari was looking at a collapsed body that was Joonmyun. Ari went down on her knees and sit in front of Joonmyun. Luhan could only blow out a relieved breath. Some of Ari's blood was dripping out of her healing belly.

 

The blue omega laid there still on his back like he had fallen out of a tree. "What happened?" Luhan asked when he closed in on Ari and crouched down beside her to observe the omega in front of them.

 

"I don't know" said a quite shocked Ari and she let her voice raise higher at the end. Showing Luhan she was afraid. "One minute he was running after me, the next he collapsed." She whispered. "He just collapsed" she repeated again, like the red prince wouldn't have heard her the first time.

 

"Don't worry, he'll be fine" Luhan uttered but not so confidently, but he was glad this episode was over. He examined the purple alpha, was she his match after all? But that couldn't be it, he was set on killing her. "I hope"

 

 

After 5 minutes, Ari came to her senses. Standing up and watched how Luhan was bending over Joonmyun, like he wasn't sure what happened himself. 

 

"Luhan" She started quietly "Why are you being nice all of a sudden? Why protect me at all? How do you know about the training?" .

 

"He'll need time to heal and I doubt he'll remember anything, let's bring him to the cabin."Luhan ignored the purple alpha completely and picked up Joonmyun.

 

"Luhan?" Ari took a hold of Luhan's arm, what wasn't exactly easy because he was holding Joonmyun. "What happened to you when you ... you know ..." She gave a little head-nod to Joonmyun. Luhan met Ari's wondering and questioning eyes. He just let out a sigh and shook her hand of him. He ignored the question whole heartily, because the thing was he couldn't remember every detail but the one's he remembered where to gruesome to spoil the other alpha's mind. He returned in his act to be mean to Ari what proved more difficult than what it should have been.

 

"i know you have questions. I won't answer them now, maybe later. Let's bring him to the cabin and be done with it, I wanna go home. I had enough from you." with that the girl widened her eyes at the hateful words, her world came clashing down, her safe haven from minutes ago was gone. But yet the worried eyes of her red protector of the day told her something was there. "What?!? Take this as a one time thing only, I'm not here to protect you." He began to walk in the cabin's direction. He groaned a bit under Joonmyuns weight and the injuries that hadn't healed him. He carry him all the way. But leaving him in that open place like that, wasn't an option. The cabin was still far away, but it would be safe. He heard a silent Ari following him.

 

"You can go home now" Luhan said abrupt kicking open the cabin's door. He had to be rude to Ari, he didn't know what Joonmyun would do if he woke up. He carried Joonmyun upstairs to one of the bedrooms. He laid him down roughly on one of the two beds in the bedroom, after closing the door behind him he walked downstairs, the omega will need his rest.

 

"You're still here?" Luhan cranked an eyebrow. "Go away." 

 

"I want to stay, I don't trust you with him. Plus you haven't answered my questions." Ari said staring with crossed arms how Luhan sat himself down calmy on the sofa with a magazine that they forgot on the table some nights ago.

 

"I'm not going to hurt him, he's blue, one of us and quite frankly we need him by our side. I'm not answering your questions." Luhan said without looking up, he rather made him more comfortable on the sofa. Ari didn't move an inch. The red alpha looked up from behind the magazine, feeling her eyes burning on him. "Really, Do I have to shove you out? Or maybe I can use you as slave for the moment. Bring me something to drink." he bossed Ari around.

 

"You . I'm going up to see him so I don't have to look at your face." Ari started to walk to the stairs, she wasn't fast enough, Luhan already intercepted her and backed her up until she hit the door. He pinned her against it.

 

"My little princess is going to be sassy now, is she?" It wasn't a question. The purple alpha looked at the red one, she tried to break free, but the boy in front of her was a bit to dominant. "Listen to me when I say it's better for you to leave. You don't want to be here when he wakes up" he growled angrily but he couldn't hide the tine tiny bit of concern that he was hiding. 

 

"He's my friend, I'm staying" she emphasized. "I can't leave you alone with him, you'll hurt him."

 

"Like I said" Luhan hissed. "I'm not going to hurt him, he most likely will hurt himself and that ....." suddenly he stopped mid sentence. There was a crackling noise coming from outside, he had been keeping watch with his wolf senses, you couldn't be careful enough these days.

 

Ari felt really uncomfortable in her position but when she felt Luhan loosening her wrist, she escaped. But than there was a second noise, Ari had opened up her wolf abilities too. Luhan turned around and faced his escaped princess. The male alpha put a finger on his lips, saying she should be quiet. "Hide" he whispered. That was the only thing the prince could whisper, there were voices and they weren't coming from inside the house.

 

 

 

"Are you sure you saw them run here?" 

 

"yes"

 

"THAN WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE THEY? THIS CABIN HAS BEEN EMPTY FOR YEARS." that one was clearly upset and lost his patience.

 

"it couldn't hurt to check the cabin." another one said.