The Blue Prince Survivor pt 2

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER XI

The Blue Prince Survivor pt.2

 

(Day 7) Monday evening

 

Joonmyun hadn't had any homework left, Xiumin and Lay were discussing something with unknown people. Jongin and Chanyeol were out so there was no one to talk to, even Ari had cancelled the lesson for today. Joonmyun had become used to running the laps so instead of running in the forest he went for a run in town. Xiumin had given his approval.

 

After a half hour of running through town, starting with the entrance of the forest and than running in the silent streets. He couldn't let his wolf sense kick in this time. Joonmyun had discovered he could smell a lot more different things, running was just a part of it, it made his usual senses ten times better. He could smell a storm coming, the earthy smell. He looked at the sky although there wasn't any sign of clothes he still decided and trust his wolf senses. He turned around and ran home.

 

He opened the door to the house and Xiumin greeted him while he tore out his earplugs. He greeted back with a nod since the group was still talking. Xiumin smiled as acknowledgement. Before the omega decided to go upstairs, take a shower and do some reading. He went to the snack cabinet in the kitchen and took a bag of chips. He could care less about the flavour he picked so he took the good one, oven-baked paprika tasted. Xiumin wouldn't mind, he just bought them for Joonmyun. With that bag, he took a glass and the bottle of lemonade out of the fridge and went upstairs. Yesterday Xiumin came in and he couldn't read the story of the blue prince survivor. So maybe he could do that now, he was curious and he wanted to know the story. Maybe since it's about the blue prince it could give a clue why Ari was so creepily fascinated about his eyes. Although he could guess right now that it was because they were blue and his kind was supposedly extinct.

 

After an hour he finally plumped down on his bed with a towel over his wet freshly washed hair, looking up when he heard the rain rattling against the window. Joonmyun let out a small smile, he knew it, he was glad he trusted his wolf instincts, he would've been soaking wet if he had stayed outside. Averting his gaze to the book he opened on his lap. He opened the bag of chips as well and started munching on them. He opened the small notebook on the page he left earlier : 

 

THE STORY OF
THE BLUE PRINCE SURVIVOR

 

Once upon a time, more than 100 years ago,  there was an almighty pack of wolves. The wolves were not just normal wolves, they were the strongest, fastest wolves alive, some say even the most courageous. The Blue-eyed wolves. Purple and Red came second, followed by Orange, Green and Yellow.

They all lived happily together once in the same place, nearly impossible but they lived in peace until they were invited to a Feast. A grand welcome to their town. Where the "humans" would all welcome them and praise them. All leaders went. But as soon as they entered the Feast, they were caught in a trap that none of them noticed. The "humans" had misled them. By the time they noticed they walked into the ambush, it was too late and they were all captured by the evil vampires and wolf hunters, who decided to play as one. Many years the wolves and vampires had lived in seperate villages and never had there been any troubles until those wolf hunters came and destroyed the pact to live on opposite sides of countries. To live in peace.

No matter how hard the wolves fought for their freedom, only purple, red, orange, green and yellow survived. The Blues fought untill the end even though they knew they wouldn't make it.

 

Joonmyun turned the page, fascinated about this, questioning why the other wolves pack didn't survive and let's just say his only got instinct. Joonmyun was learning a whole other side of his own history, he didn't know he had. He wanted to know more, Xiumin and Lay never told him, where he exactly came from. It shocked him greatly, 2 weeks ago he only knew he was special, but he thought he was special like Xiumin and Lay, not that he could be the thing he was most afraid of. Thinking about it now, it felt actually great to know what he was. Joonmyun got less and less scared of what he was, now recapping yesterday's paragraph he read in the other book, he was just scared of what he could do. He hoped he could control the power that comes with being a wolf.

 

The whole pack slaughtered all the vampires alive, one by one. The Blue exhausted pack tried their best to kill as many hunters as they could, but they were too strong for them. When they found out the hunters had captured their Blue leader and he was ripped apart, they started to loose hope of winning. They never wanted the other packs to get hurt so all they could was to protect everyone, by choice. The wife of the leader had given out orders for the other packs to leave. The Blues would fight for them, although every pack refused they were locked outside the mansion where the Feast was held and couldn't come inside how hard they even tried.. One by one the courageous and hopeful blue wolves died. No one ever heard of them again, no one ever saw them again. They were remembered as legends and protectors. THE GREAT BLUE WOLF PACK.

Although another side of the story is know. One escaped and hid in a far away kingdom after killing every vampire on earth. But that never has been confirmed. He wasn't scared to fight but they wanted at least one blue to survive, to start all over again and tell their story. They let the other packs survive due to Blues sacrifising themselves for them. In our eyes, they are victorious the winners of the Battle,  the Masquerade. They killed every vampire and hunter that was out their. The whole of the vampire community was no more. The hunter community had survivors and hunt us still, but we are harder to find.

 

Joonmyun's attention had completely immerged in the book. He hadn't heard the knocking on his door. He accidentally missed the opening of the back and glide his hand over the bag that made a cracking sound. A surprised Joonmyun looked at the bag, he heard the knocking and answered it with a small sigh. Xiumin opened his door slightly and looked at Joonmyun confused. The boy was still up and it was already a quarter past midnight.

 

"Good book?" Xiumin asked a bit confused. He was just checking up on the boy, he was surprised to find him still awake. Normally when he checked the room at this hour, Joonmyun would be already sleeping soundly on the book he was reading. He would as always put the book on the nightstand and covered the omega with a blanket, turn of the light and go back to what he was doing.

 

Joonmyun nodded and let out a hmmm. Xiumin had a good look at the books titled. It wasn't a normal book, it seemed like a notebook of some sort. He could just read the title when Joonmyun decided to lay the book on his lap.

 

"Well than, don't stay up too late, you have school in the morning." Again he was answered with a nodded and small hmm. "okay" a bit baffled by the situation, the vampire bit the wolf goodnight and closed the door. Xiumin had the title of the book printed in his brain. THE BLUE PRINCE SURVIVOR & MORE. Where the hell did Joonmyun get that book? And what was in it? 

 

Joonmyun shrugged the nightly check up of his guardian off and continued reading with a gulp of the lemonade and a handful of chips in hand. He turned the page.

 

Although that's what the history books tell us. But we think otherwise. As our legend has been telling us the truth, we believe there is at least one blue alive. The Blue Prince Survivor.  We believe the other stories are more like the truth than what they teach us in history books.

Once not so long ago, there were rumours about a blue pack, not so far from here. They were living peacefully and secretly until there was a big fight, new hunters had come alive. One full moon night. The whole village was burned down. Although they're had always been thought Blues were Alphas there was a little prince who was special. No one ever heard of him after the fight, but rumoured bet he was still alive. And yet other rumours say it was the princess who was the last survivor of the Blues. The story was told that the blue princess was found in a cave, dehydraded emaciated, bearly breathing at all, she was brought up by humans. The humans never hid the truth from her the fact she was difeirent, she was a wolf. 

Other stories have been told about two blue packs, one pack split in half, one head leader by birth and one by vote, none the less two leaders from the same pack.

Whether it is a girl or a boy, we still hope there is at least one blue alive. But we also think the great evil has returned and is stronger than ever, out to avenge us. to kill us all, to kill The Mighty Five. Because if the legend is fully true (and not just about our birthdays), than us five cannot do it alone, we need one more. One more leader child, the blue one.

 

Joonmyun looked shocked at the book and after a few minutes of silence, he put the book down. Was he supposed to be the lost leader child? But he wasn't an Alpha, Ari,Luhan and Ari's father told him he was an omega. But he was blue and even if he didn't want to Ari told him the first evening they met, he was legendary, the only one left of the blues.

 

Joonmyun let his eyes slide over the paper, the handwriting was slightly diffirent as it was penned in over the years, they must've added information later on. He wanted to read more, he was about to turn the page when he saw the hour on clock and cursed a bit. 1 am. He had school and training with Ari tomorrow.

 

 

 

Day 8 - Tuesday

 

"Myun-ah, Wake up, you sleepy head, you read until early hours, didn't you?"  Xiumin smiled lightly shaking him awake. The sleepy omega rubbed in his eyes before nodding. "Breakfast is on the table." Xiumin said now walking to the door.

 

Joonmyun looked outside, the sun was shining brightly through the window. He looked at his night stand and saw the notebook, looking at that book he questioned if he would take it with him. He decided not to but put it under his bedspread just to be safe.

 


 

"Ari" Ari turned around from her group of friends, looking straight in Joonmyun's eyes. The three protectors' gazes were fixed on Chanyeol and Jongin who stood next to him at each side. Not really sure what to do or say, the purple alpha princess waited on what Joonmyun had to say. The omega opened his mouth but was silenced by the bell. Chanyeol and Jongin pulled Joonmyun with them since they had seen enough of the wolves they couldn't kill just yet. 

 

The trio walked away only to bump into another trio. A red trio, passing by Luhan growled at Joonmyun, and Kyungsoo pushed Jongin aside, who was stopped from attacking the red alpha protector by Chanyeol, wildly flailing his arms around Jongin cursed "I'll get you, you little mud." Joonmyun was already used to the snarky comments of his friends, he simply ignored them although it stung a bit. What would they do if they knew he was the same as them? It was safe to say he would have to wait to talk to Ari until tonight in the cabin and ask her about the book.

 

Luhan went straight for Ari. When Luhan was behind Ari, silently whispered in her ears "Stay away from him." She shrugged it off, and Luhan got frustrated even more.

 

In class it wasn't better, Ari and Joonmyun had found a way to communicate over the past week. The simple note in between them was full of sentences, a simple way and the teachers wouldn't notice anything. Off course Luhan knew, he always knew everything. He saw them write on the paper a couple of times.

 

Joonmyun this time had asked Ari to meet up a little later. Xiumin wanted that they ate together, he had no idea why.

 


 

Meanwhile in the vampire's layer, Xiumin was in Joonmyun's room, he had never search in the teenager's room. But he had to find that book, he just needed to. Searching trough everything, not even finding anything. Xiumin let out a frustrated groan and sat on the bed, he just messed up the whole room of his clean omega. Now he had to clean it up before the boy came home. 

 

The vampire let his hands fall to his sight, what was he doing?, he never did this, he always trusted the omega, the omega would've asked him about it sooner or later. Whatever there was in that book. Slowly sliding of the bed to pick up the stuff he threw around, there was a thud on the ground behind him. Xiumin turned his head around and saw what he was looking for in the end. There it was, the notebook, with the written text about the BLUE PRINCE SURVIVOR. A little shocked to find it just now, he picked it up. Not knowing what precious item he had in his hand, he opened the book. A picture of the known lake with a group of 5 children sitting around a campfire closeby the lake pulled his attention. He looked at the picture and recognized two of the four boys. The green and yellow prince. It looked like it was taken not long before they exterminated the yellow pack. 

 

He read the first page, all the names of the children were displayed in front of him. Turning the page. He saw the legend he well knew by heart, underlined, marked in several was. He turned the page and read the story. The story was a bit different than he knew, cause he had been there. He and Lay both, with their wives.

 

He e page further but before he could started to read, he heard something downstairs. Lay had come to pay them a visit, back from his travels probably, he was searching for the orange pack.

 

Xiumin rapidly cleaned up Joonmyun's room and put the book back under the duvet.

 


 

School was out, finally. Everyone could go home. Ari didn't. Since her parents weren't home she went straight to the cabin, she would wait there until Joonmyun would come.

 

It was already dark, no clouds in the sky but a starry night lit by a half-moon. Ari stood in the front door of the cabin; looking out for the blue omega, he had texted her he would come in about 5 minutes, and that was 10 minutes ago. The forest was silent with the exception of the owl howls and the crackling of the campfire she build not so long ago. Ari was getting a little agitated. The clock seemed to go faster, Ari lit up her phone, Joonmyun was so late, she wondered were he was.

 

"Myun-ah, where are you?" Ari cried out softly in the forest, but there was no Blue omega to be found, it was already half an hour later.  She heard a crack in the dark forest. "Myun-ah? YAAAHH KIM JOONMYUN" she yelled and sighed slowly after "must've been the fire" She turned and walked back inside and went to the backdoor of the kitchen. "Joonmyun?" the purple princess became angsty, she began to get a bad feeling. She went back to the front of the house, walking down the stairs but staying in the district of the cabin. "Where is that boy? I need to get home" Ari didn't want another rant of her father, she promised she would be good and stay at home, she didn't but they wouldn't be gone the whole night. "BLUE WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" Again a crack of a branch was heard to her left, she peered into the dark forest, all her senses alert, but she saw nothing, she didn't smell anything and she didn't even hear anything anymore. "Myun-ah?" Her voice cracked a little , she just hoped it was nothing bad. She went to the direction of the sound.  "Kim Joonmyun this isn't funny, please come out." She peered through slit closed eyes, so focused on finding out what the sound was, all her other senses were immune to other things.

 

"Ari?" The soft voice behind her made her turn around to fast and made her loose her balance.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" Ari fell backwards grasping the first thing she could to keep her balance but still she landed flat on her back anyway. Ari felt something heavy mass on top of her. for a second she laid there with her eyes closed, breathing heavy and heart pounding in her chest while recovering from the connection with the earthy ground of the forest, she slowly started to open her eyes after a few seconds and looked up. Her eyes widened with the minute, she looked up in shock and saw a startled Joonmyun on top of her, face inches away from hers. She breathed heavily and just stared at Joonmyun who was staring back at her. She could feel Joonmyun's breath on her face. She couldn't move, her heart on the other hand started to beat even faster. She observed the omega's eyes, who shifted uneasily, uncomfortable but yet they had that glint of blue that flashed passed in nanoseconds, before she even knew it she closed her eyes when Joonmyun slowly moved his head to the side a bit and moved closer.

 

She didn't feel anything, she had hoped though, since they were in this situation, that Joonmyun would softly brush his lips onto hers but she didn't feel anything. "Ari" he whispered inaudible shaking her from the trance. "mmm" she hummed opening her eyes. "What are you doing?" He asked confused, observing the girl beneath him. 

 

Confusion filled her face and than she fully awakened and pushed Joonmyun off her, sat up and looked angry at Joonmyun. Her heart still racing against the clock. "YAH YAH YAH, DON'T YOU EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT." She yelled nervously to a moonstruck Joonmyun on the ground. She stood up and stomped away. Yet another confusion wave hit Joonmyun and for a couple of seconds he tried to recall what happened. He gazed at the purple princess retreating back when she ran into the cabin. 

 

Joonmyun entered the cabin after a couple of minutes to see Ari pacing around agitated. The boy went awkwardly to the couch and collected the papers from the small table in front of him. He looked up at Ari. "euhm? What happened out there?" He rubbed his neck. The alpha came to an abrupt stop and turned around to see him standing there with her papers, she left on the table earlier waiting for him to text, in his hand.

 

"Nothing, absolutely nothing, what are we talking about? You were the one who appeared out of nowhere and fell on top of me, looking like you were going to ki... ugh what am I saying? if you got the chance you would want to right?" She rambled nervously, Joonmyun hadn't really understood her whole rant and crooked a brow, suddenly becoming aware of what she actually had said he started to blush. "Right, okaa-ay we need to go, .... I need to go, it's late, no lesson today." She rushed to the dining table and took her backpack. "Here lock up, I really need to go." Ari throw the keys and him, he could barely catch them before she was gone without another word, leaving a flustered and confused omega behind, with her homework papers for the next day.

 


 

A couple of hours later and Ari hadn't closed one eye, turning from side to side but sleep wouldn't come. The previous event was playing over and over in her mind. She almost kissed Joonmyun, or she had thought about it and the worst part was she really wanted for it to happen. That was wrong on so many levels she was next in line, she couldn't fall for an omega and certainly not a blue one, that was against the bargains made. An Alpha leader should be with an alpha not an omega. Every god damn rule she had to obey, why couldn't she be the daughter of someone else in the super junior pack. Like Sungmin or Zhou Mi or something hell she even wanted to be her cousin Henry, Zhou Mi's son, right now. Than she maybe had a chance with Joonmyun but not now. It couldn't happen she was set to be with Luhan, or to marry the stupid guy, when the packs needed a new leader. But at least he should've been a prince right? Otherwise the connection wouldn't work. She laid on her back staring at the ceiling, she would lay there until she falls asleep.

 

 

Day 9 - Wednesday

 

Luhan noticed something in the air. Joonmyun and Ari weren't behaving like they usual did, they were ignoring each other but still with every slight touch or brush they blushed. Luhan could snap someone's neck because of this. He could even careless about the hunters and the wolves taking over the school, it was no secret that Ari and Joonmyun grew closer every minute but this was plain awkward and the more he felt what Ari felt, the angrier and unstable he became. But he couldn't do anything about it.

 

Joonmyun didn't feel relaxed, his relationship with Ari suddenly changed due to the events of the day before. He was walking to the cabin through the forest, not even paying attention to what happened around him. He was to deep in thought. Would Ari be even at the cabin today? He didn't get training in the last two days, but he had read in the blue prince how the other two died, skipping the parts from some training like telekineses and something with a connection he didn't really get. The only thing he found fascinating right now were the deaths of the Yellow and Green princes. It wasn't written in Ari's writing and the story about the Green prince seemed incomplete like a piece of it was missing. Because at some moment Ari wasn't mentioned anymore.

 

Joonmyun lost track of time and found himself in front of the cabin, deeply inhaled the air and blow it out. Why was this so damn awkward?. He slowly climbed the steps and he opened the door silently and looked in the cabin, no one seemed to be here, he left the keys on the dinnertable and walked through the cabin, checking the kitchen first and than he went upstairs checking a 2 out of 3 bedrooms and the bathroom until he stood before the last one. He opened the door not expecting anything, and like every other room it was empty as in no Ari anywhere. Joonmyun sat on the bed, and let him fall on his back. He studied the ceiling and closed his eyes.

 

Ari didn't want to feel awkward around Joonmyun, she passed or rather forgot about the training. She wandered in town with her three protectors. Li wanted to buy some new clothes, since she hadn't had enough already. The store was owned by Bae's mother, Sora, so it was safe and they had enough protection. The men's clothing of the small boutique was under Bae's father, Leeteuk. Since Sora used to be a red wolf, but changed after she met Leeteuk and that was before the pack introduced the boundaries, the shop welcomed both packs. 

 

Li held a dress up to what she thought were her friends behind her but came eye to eye with a teenage boy. "Looks good" he smirked. Li's eyes widened, letting her hand with the hanger down. Shaking her head to wake up from her dazed state, she looked around the shop, realising Bae, Maya and Ari went to the back in the stock to raom around those clothes. 

 

"K-Kyungsoo?" she stared back in his owl eyes who were gentle, soft not the usual strong, hate stare he had when staring them down. "W-what are you doing here?" she stuttered since it wasn't obvious enough.

 

The red alpha's lips curved in a gentle smile. "Shopping" he said abruptly, turning to go to the men's section of the store. Li wanted to hang the hanger with the dress back, when Kyungsoo coughed awkwardly "you really should buy it." He said turning back around. 

 

"Why are you alone?" Li suddenly noticed, that obnoxious Luhan and Baekhyun weren't with him. His eyes widened, and tried of something to say.

 

"Well, it's none of your bussiness but since you asked, Luhan is out somewhere training Baekhyun for god knows what reason and ordered me not to be there." Kyungsoo shrugged and turned around, leaving the shop without looking for his 'needed' clothes. Before he went out the door he looked over his shoulder to see a confused purple alpha looking at him. "ooh, I almost forgot, they're new hunters, just right over there. Take Ari home." and with these last words he left.

 

"So you made your choice? That's fast for you" Sora said to her at the counter. Li nodded, still a bit dazed, and paid for the dress, and went to the back where the others had pushed some boxes together and started doing their homework for the last day of school tomorrow since friday was all about Mr. Lee's task or should they say uncle Donghae now they are not in school.

 

Day 10 - Thursday

Xiumin held true to his words, he took Joonmyun off the wolfsbane. At first there was nothing and still to the end of the day there was nothing, Joonmyun had been a bit more enhancing in strength but for most of the time, he didn't really have behaviour issues or not that the vampire noticed anyway. But that would probably be because the wolfsbane of several years was still in his bloodstream. 

 

Joonmyun felt more powerful each minute, his emotion were all over the place. He felt a slight attraction to go and kill something, he didn't know why. But like Xiumin said he was off his vitamins, and like before he felt more alive. He would've met Ari today but he didn't he just kept running and running to blow of some of that welcomed energy. But his mood-swings he couldn't contain. One minute he was the happiest, luckiest person alive, another minute he could feel depressed and couldn't careless of what everyone thought.

 

He didn't show it to his guardian but Joonmyun felt as if he got an unknown rush, suddenly losing his fear of wolves and hoping he could change into one. Wouldn't that be the most glorious feeling alive? And what about Ari, every time the name and the thought of the pretty purple alpha came to the omega's mind, he wanted to jump her and kiss the life out of her. He couldn't do that, could he?

 

Like this he could definitely not meet the alpha, who trained him. Who let him see that being a wolf wasn't all that bloody. Suddenly his mood swang again. Why did she want him to be wolf? What would be her benefit? He was scared of himself, he didn't really want to be wolf, did he? It was her fault. The beautiful Alpha's fault that he was like this. 

 

What in the world had Ari done to him? He didn't know why he suddenly started to blame Ari for everything. For the sudden turn in his life, that he thought he was something else but actually that he was that he was most afraid of, most feared. It was Ari's fault to make him stronger, more agile. It was Ari's fault. 

 

The rush of anger started to grow and grow, he couldn't stop it. Joonmyun started to fight against his own will, his own wolf was surfacing and it was only blaming one person, Ari. A sly, devilish smirk appeared on Joonmyun's face when he looked at himself in his home bathroom mirror. Ari, the name was repeated angrily over and over again. Until Joonmyun's eyes flashed clear blue. 

 

Ari had to die. Tomorrow.