First week of training

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER X

First week of training

 


 

Ari had been rousing through the attic for some books on training and especially the ones about history. She had found something interesting, her passed Uncle Tae's diary. It was locked and she couldn't get it open. She took it with some other books and went back to her room. She left one book on her nightstand about Wolf history, you never know when it would come in handy. The rest of the books she put in her backpack after emptying it out of school binders. Homework could wait for a night.


 

Her father would've got the house be guarded and would have a squat ready if she tried something. She looked out of her bedroom window, she only had half an hour left before she had to meet Joonmyun in front of the entrance of the forest. She scanned the area to see or hear any wolf near the escape root behind her mansion. She had to go through the forest that was the fastest way. While preparing herself and putting some necessary stuff in her backpack there was a knock on her door.


 

"Moo-om" She yelped out of surprise. "W-what are you doing here?" Only 20 minutes left. Bom, surprised by the yelp from her daughter, entered her room with a tray, with a plate of cookies and some tea on there. She placed the tray on Ari's desk. Although she trusted her daughter with all she had, she had been feeling a little suspicious and tense this evening like something was about to happen. The older alpha had been thinking that all day and soon she knew it would be over. Bom looked around to find something that wasn't right but everything seemed okay. Her backpack was there on the desk, everything was like always. With Ari's book on the bedsides table. It was about Wolf history what surprised her though, Ari hadn't picked up a "wolf" book since Taeyang died and Sehun died. Although she wanted to believe her daughter and think he was still out there. Something about the book wasn't right.


 

"Don't stay up too late okay?" Bom eyed the book for a last time before rapidly looking back at her daughter. "and don't think about the events of the day, the next time it will not happen." 15 minutes, Ari was cursing inside she would have to go wolf to make it in time. Feeling more tension from her daughter the adult alpha stared at her daughter. "Ari, honey, don't do anything stupid." With that she turned around and left, leaving a confused alpha-teen behind. The teen started to pace around in her room, did she know? but how? No, she cannot know or she would have stayed, wouldn't she? Ari's anxiety to get caught was raking high but that wouldn't mean she would back out, although she was still cursing herself on her impulsiveness towards the omega. What was it with this boy to make Ari do things she normally wouldn't? 10 minutes and Ari still hadn't left her room. The wolf guards outside were eager to stand before her room, so noway of escaping through the window. There was still another way out, through the kitchen, but that meant passing the living room and crossing the hallways and she might have a fat chance that her parents were still there. The 17-year old slowly and as silent as possible opened her bedroom door. No one was in the hall, she went to the stairs that lead to the kitchen. The stairs were making a screeching sound under her feet. But with some luck she had tonight no one was in the kitchen but she heard her parents in the living room, if she wanted to succeed she had to move fast. Slowly on her toes she went to the door that lead to the garden and side trail of the house. Before she ran outside she heard her mother talking about something.


 

"Kyu, we can't do that you know that." Her mother's voice said slowly.

"I know, but something is not right. We all can feel it and no matter what we do. The threat is there."

"But .."

"No buts we have to do what is necessary to protect our daughter, Sungmin's Child, Henry, and all the kids of the reds. The events today are a prove of that. Are you forgetting Ari and Luhan are turning 18."


 

Although Ari wanted to know what was so special about turning 18, rather than stepping in an adult life. She didn't have the time to keep eavesdropping on her parents. She listened at the door she didn't hear any guards outsides, as quickly as she could she opened the door and snuck out of the house.


 

Running to the woods barefooted with sneakers in her hand and backpack on her back. Her hair loose. The wet grass was cold and dewy, making it slippery to run. The moment when she reached the woods, she propped her clothes in her backpack and wrapped her shoelaces around the top. She changed into her black wolf. With her backpack in she ran to the meeting point. By the great metal fence with two stone walls, on each site one, holding the name in a metal arch. The name of the forest, no one even said it, for them it was just the forest. She realized that Joonmyun was still afraid of wolves and well he hadn't seen her wolf form she decided to change in well let's face it a bush behind Joonmyun. Not even thinking about the big black wolf she was.


 

"Ari?" Joonmyun widened his eyes when he turned around to rustling sounds that couldn't be possible made by the wind. "Ari, i-is that you?" No one answered only the harsh cracking of a branch and a low growl, than a short curse. Shortly after he heard a zipper of what he thought was a backpack.


 

"YAH, turn around." The girl said knowing Joonmyun would she her exposed without having clothes on. As by order Joonmyun turned around quickly, not knowing why though. Since he didn't know about wolves he didn't know what happened when you changed back to a human. "I'm sorry I'm late. I've been guarded and mom came in my room unexpected." Propping herself in her jeans and t-shirt. When finally done she revealed herself to the back of the 17-year old.


 

"It's okay, I really don't need an explanation. Can I turn around now?" Joonmyun questioned.


 

"Uhu, I just have to put my shoes on. Oh by the way how fast do you run?" fastening her shoe-laces "We need to get to this chalet, I used to go there with my friends but since Se..." She stopped, the memory of her best friend still lingered in her mind and sighed "I haven't been their in two years, but it is the safest place I can think of."


 

"I'm not that fast though" Joonmyun looked at Ari, she took the hand of the omega, trying not to be distracted by how soft his hand was and it fitted well with hers, it reminded her of Sehun's soft hands. She was staring at it. "Ari? Are you okay?" Joonmyun crooked an eyebrow in worry.


 

"What, yeah, aish...come on" Her wolf skill knocking in and changing her eyes to purple, she pulled the young omega with her. In less than 10 minutes -what other wise would have been an hour walk. - they reached the chalet. The omega struggled along the way. Ari knew she was the fasted wolf in town but she didn't plan on Joonmyun being that slow. The omega almost tripped every time. The purple eyed girl took the keys out of her backpack and opened the door, entering right in the living room of the two story chalet.  She switched on the lights and lit up the chalet.


 

"Wow, you're almost as fast as Xiumin." Ari cringed a bit upon hearing the name, knowing Joonmyun's guardian was a vampire, she didn't take it that well she was called slower than that bloodsucker. "This is yours? I would spent my days here, this is amazing." Joonmyun's eyes widened at how big this chalet was. The living room as center, a cloakroom closet next to the door. A long dining table a bit further and quite a large sofa, with a glass table and a fireplace. When he looked up he saw a couple of doors you had a small walkway upstairs where you could view the sitting area. The kitchen or what he assumed to be the kitchen was next to the cloakroom closet.


 

"Technically not yet but it's basically a meeting place between our clans.We had great times here." Ari silently said and went to the dining table to empty the contents of her backpack. "So," Ari started, the omega looked a bit startled by her sudden change in tone, much more gentle and happier than a few minutes ago. "I don't want to do anything tonight. You're not a fast runner by the way. You're rather slow for a wolf but still faster than a normal human."


 

"Than what are we here for?" Joonmyun asked confused as ever and still not used to be called a wolf, it rather made him scared of himself than feeling empowered to know the truth.


 

"Well, I mean I don't want to train your running or any other skills. I want to know why you suddenly asked me to train you. You can't completely trust me yet, you don't even know me."


 

"I ... I ... I don't know everything after we met a couple of days ago started to change. I started to feel more, I started to change I guess." Joonmyun said taking place in the sofa. "The only one now, that can help me is you, I think. That's why I trust you. Only you. Xiu has never told me anything, only that I was special."


 

Ari looked at Joonmyun who sighed. Because you are. Ari thought to herself. "So if I change now and let my wolf take over. Would you still trust me? My wolf is a lot stronger and has a mind of her own."


 

"You wouldn't hurt me, right?" Joonmyun swallowed. Ari shrugged.


 

"I don't know" Ari said. "She has been unstable since two years ago." Ari shook her head. "OKAY" she said awkwardly "Time to change this topic. You will do everything I ask even when it makes you scared?" Joonmyun nodded not knowing what he was in for but still he had to put his trust in her, if he was really what he was scared of he had to stand up to his fears one day.


 

"So, let's start, Nothing physical, mentally for now. You know CONTROL. Just look at me." She went to sit in front of Joonmyun on the glass table. Her eyes locked with his, without touching him she let her eyes flare bright purple again. It looked endearing to Joonmyun. The omega didn't really know what he had to do. But her stare could reach his soul for some weird reason. "Do it" Joonmyun looked lost. "Make them blue." She smiled. He tried but nothing happened. Her smile didn't fade. "Touch me" With those words Joonmyun looked shocked. He couldn't help but let his eyes travel from her head to her toes and back. Was she serious, touch her in what way? "YAH, I mean my hand, stupid." She said.


 

Joonmyun let out a relieved and reached his hand out to hers. An immediately shot of electricity went through him, his eyes flared blue. Ari smiled dreamingly at him, like she had done many times when his eyes were blue. "Ari?" She shook her head and murmured a quiet apology she couldn't help it. Uncle Tae's well known words jumped in Ari's mind. A WOLF HAS TO BE IN CONTROL NOT BE CONTROLLED.


 

"Now, breathe in and push them back to brown." They did it over and over again and the more they tried the easier it got. At 10 pm Joonmyun could control the color in his eyes. Ari made him mad, sad, afraid in less than 3 hours and the blue omega had started to control his emotions.


 

"Last time." Ari said.


 

"But we did so many times already, I'm tired." Joonmyun whined cutely. He really was tired, controlling the little piece of awakened wolf in him was making him very tired.


 

With reluctant, Ari sighed and gave up. "We should go" Joonmyun suggested. "I told Xiu I would be back at ten, and it's a quarter past already."


 

"Fine, ooh wait, I have something for you." Ari went to the dining table and pulled out some books about wolf culture. "I want you to read them, not till the next lesson but still, they could be helpful to understand." She gave him the books. They looked like old binders to him but he took it. "Let's meet again tomorrow. Bring sporty clothes." Joonmyun looked her a bit confused. "You'll see. trainers too. Do I have to bring you home?"


 

"That would be handy, than I know the way."


 

Before he knew it he was home waving Ari goodbye. Ari waited until he was inside and run in the woods. A ten minute run and she put everything necessary in her backpack and changed in her wolf. The black wolf with purple eyes ran through the forest and ended up at home 5 minutes later.  Changing back and sneaking in the house was easier than leaving the house.


 

Day 2 - wednesday

"Run, come on you can go faster than that, AGAIN!" Ari shouted passiontly and she loved to taunt him a bit. They were going for 2 hours and the poor blue omega was running his guts out. No threats today from the hunter squad, they were laying low, she had her suspicious about it but when they didn't attack that was the time to train. It was pretty easy for her to leave the house without getting noticed although her mother was on to her for sure. But for now she loved to watch and see Joonmyun suffer doing laps round the cottage, in the early days it would've been her, running with Sehun and Luhan and Kris, hearing their uncles Tae and Takuya shout at them from time to time to pay attention, Uncle Minhyuk and her dad were never there, Uncle Min had always had a different plan for Luhan. "FASTER, again" She shouted breaking her out of her own thoughts, she was smiling.


 

"I can't ......., let's rest, mhm, I need rest....., a break would ..... be .... good" Joonmyun whined, gasping for air, while passing Ari for the nth-time. He couldn't do this anymore, this was torture. Why did he ask to be trained again?. "please" Joonmyun was already exhausted he had been trying to do his best for 2 hours, going around and around the cottage without any breaks, Ari was a monster, he thought. He really wanted a break, he needed one, it was not because she was a fast wolf that he would be one. The thought of being a wolf still scared him. "Ari-i-i ... w-we ... I-I n-need a br-break" Joonmyun exhaled when he was back from his lap. With hands on his knees and head hanging low he panted in front of her. "pl-please"


 

"FINE" The alpha said rolling her eyes, her smile faded, the little omega was giving up already. "You will do 10 laps each day, I'll run with you next time and you better try and keep up." Ari severly told him, not exactly happy with the little omega because he gave in to exhaustion. A WOLF NEVER GIVES IN TO EXHAUSTION, that''s what uncle Tae always used to say. She turned her back and went in the chalet to get a drink for the poor, exhausted omega. She let a small smile quirked on her lips, she was kinda loving it, training someone. But not someone who gave up or maybe she had been to harsh, it's been two hours and Joonmyun had been running none stop. Well, maybe not they had to go through a lot more.


 

A sigh out of relief escaped Joonmyun's mouth and he let himself fall backwards on the ground. Groaning in pain. Every muscle hurt, his breath was uneven as well trying to get as much air in and out. How could someone even manage to run so long? He saw Ari returning with two glasses in her hands and crawled slowly to the porch of the house, leaning his back against the first wooden wall, where she sat on the front stairs. He saw a mischievous glint in her eyes. "You're loving this, aren't you?" He asked her still catching his breath.


 

"absolutely not, you're so slow" she smiled, she couldn't hide it, for once it wasn't her suffering under her uncles training. The purple princess wasn't watching him, a small blow of wind had settled in the woods and it made every tree and bush stir, every leaf rustle on the wave through.


 

"You so are, you don't even make an effort of hiding it." The blue omega awkwardly hoisted him up, climbed the stairs until he was seated in the seat behind her. Ari was looking at something, slowly he followed her gaze.


 

"You would too, if you were me. I'm not even training you that hard. But you still fear yourself, I can see it, you have to overcome your fear though, because your wolf-sense is not even close to kick in. How is that even possible? It would've have taken over somehow." She averted her gaze to her unsteady, wobbling water in the glasses. "You have to embrace it to see and feel it's beauty."


 

"It's hard, I've haven't known what I was since 5 days ago and what I am scares the crap out of me. I can't even look Xiu in the eyes, he knows that I know. I have a feeling he feels it. I just don't want to be overwhelmed by it and for now I guess I'm scared of what I could do and what has been done to me."


 

Suddenly a rabbit jumped out of the bushes, very at ease with itself not even wary of the two wolves sitting there. Ari looked up. "Catch the rabbit" she announced randomly. and pointed at it.


 

"What? Now?" Joonmyun looked confused.


 

"Yeah, Go, chop, chop." She urged him on. Although he was flurry, he let out a sigh and pushed him up.


 

"Why me?" he groaned silently. "One rabbit for the wolf" The sarcasm was dripping from his tone, still tired he could do nothing but obey Ari and catch the rabbit.


 

In the end he couldn't catch it, it went to fast and to deep into to the forest. The purple Alpha had to call him back, she wasn't planning on going after him.


 

Day 3 - Thursday

The purple princess wasn't kidding about the ten laps, the blue prince suffered but kept running. He didn't let his wolf kick in although Ari would've rather had he did. "DEXTERITY" She said not even a bit out of breath, "Today, we are going to work on the skill of running you have. that means obsticale course. My favourite."


 

"More Running?!?" Joonmyun exclaimed.


 

"You should be happy, running is the fun part, but since it is the first time I'll go easy on you." with that she disappeared in the chalet to get materials. After what seemed an eternity, 10 minutes, of running in and out of the cottage with wooden boards, sticks, ... there was a whole circuit laid out in front of the chalet. "Done" Ari said, clapping in her hands. A WOLF HAS TO BE SKILLFUL, AGILE, Uncle Takuya's wise words.

"You've got to be kidding me? This is a dog's obstacle course without the paws table." he pointed at the now laid out materials, he shook his head. "I am not a dog."


 

"Well no we are not, we are better than that." Ari smiled, stealing a glance at Joonmyun who stood beside her. "Just be happy I didn't throw in the fire, the knives, the other wolves and so on." Lightly, not so lightly patted his back. "Maybe I should let you play 'save the poor defenseless animal' next time." Her eyes sparkled.


 

"I don't even want to know." the omega sighed.


 

"Oh you will, just not now, you really need to let your wolf sense in for that one. Oh maybe on a stormy night, like vampires the thunder and lighting gives us more strength." Her mischievous grin became wider as she saw a crooked eyebrow on the blue omega's face. "i'll show you, it is magical to see, even for us. We never saw vampires do it but still, it's empowering." Than in a blink of an eye her voice changed back to authority. "Now, Blue, go on, zigzag through the sticks, than crawl through the canon, jump over the fences, and do it al over again. CHOP CHOP, I wanna see you work that body" a victorious grin spread on her face when she heard Joonmyun growl out that.


 


 

Day 4 - friday

"Come on" the princess spurted through the forest, the blue prince barely keeping up. "you have to embrace that what is you! okay?, you will not keep up otherwise."  Ari had made the running laps bigger, still the same amount only bigger. It was clear to Joonmyun she really loved the freedom that came with running. From the excitement the color of her eyes always shimmered a bright purple. He started to love the sparkling, bright purple eyes on her. Not that he would admit it, but by the eighth round he wanted to feel like her so he tried not to be scared of his inner wolf and slowly it came.


 

The blue shade of his eyes invaded the deep brown, he wouldn't have known himself they changed. Everything became more vivid and more alive. Every single creature and thing he passed became more magical in a way. When he went faster, the world slowed down. He was smiling at the feeling it gave him. FREEDOM. EMPOWERMENT and it felt great, almost like he didn't want to put if off anymore, staying in this bliss.
He hadn't heard Ari yelling that he had to stop. He didn't know the boundaries of the territories. He came to an abrupt stop, just in front of the river. with his feet in it, the purple alpha catched up with him. Fear, was the first thing that he could read in her eyes, than anger. His blissful and empowered feeling ebbed away.


 

"Didn't you hear me?" Joonmyun looked around, he knew this place, he had been here before. He stepped back out of the river. "Myun-ah" Ari's newly found nickname for him, although it wasn't that new for him, Xiumin called him that too. He hesistated, slowly moving backwards scanning the area. He bumped into something, confused he turned around and saw his back aligned with the tree. Fear struck him again, this was the place where the red one, almost ripped him apart. the princess looked at the flurry blue plastered against the tree. She walked up to him, standing in front him so close, reaching out her hand to reassure herself everything was alright. "Myun-ah, what is it?" But he couldn't say anything. At that same moment Ari spun around, pricked up her ears and heard an unusual rustle, it wasn't a rabbit, she knew it, she could feel it, but she couldn't smell it. "RUN" she ordered hastily, a hint of fear was detected in her voice. "GO, back to the house."


 

Joonmyun came back to his senses when he could feel Ari pushing him, urging him to go back. Like the little scared puppy he was right now he scrambled and run back to the cottage. The purple alpha stayed behind for a while. If that was a wolf, which ever color, that wasn't good. She hurried herself out of the place and ran back. Closing of all windows and doors in the cottage house. "What's going on? Why the rush all of a sudden?" Joonmyun asked from the couch.


 

Ari's eyes shifted any where and everywhere. If it was a wolf, she was dead, she lost everything at this moment. How could she think she could pull this of. Wasn't she careful enough? Maybe she was followed? With her eyes now trained on the door, mostly out of fear of someone to barge in she said "N-nothing, it's nothing, just don't go that far any.." She was cut of when she turned around and looked at Joonmyun, staring straight into his blue eyes, a little smile illuminated her face. With a sigh she plumped down on the wooden floor in front of the blue unaware omega.


 

"What?" His eyebrows arched high. "What are you looking at?" Feeling a discomfortable feeling, he shifted in his place.


 

"So beautiful" she dreamily said. Mesmeriszd by his eyes again. "Blue" she smiled slowly lifting up her hands, without realizing.


 

"euh" Joonmyun felt uneasy by her sudden dream state. "oh, god they changed didn't they" She nodded her head. "Please don't look at me like that every time they change, it's very uncomfortable." A slight hum came from her. "YAH" The omega let out frustrated of being the objects of her desire. He batted her hand away and shoot up, moving around the couch out of her range. A cough came from him with an awkward movement of scratching his neck. "I'm going to take a shower" He disappeared to the upstairs bathroom. When she heard the water running, she shook her hand and cursed herself, she had to stop doing that. It was embarrassing but she couldn't help it. Years of dreaming and wishing of a blue, there was one right here in front of her and he was so handsome too.


 

They met up earlier today. Her father was away, leader meeting or something, her mother went to Sungmin and Sunny's house to babysit the new born child. It was around 8.30pm and they haven't had anything to eat. Luckily she brought some food with her to make an easy sandwhich or some ramen or something pretty easy. Plus because they met earlier they had a bunch of homework to catch up to. Although it was friday, Ari wanted to make it so she could plan out a weekend without it.


 

"So" The blue said when he walked into the kitchen, drying his messy wet hair with a white sponge towel. He could smell some perfectly amazing ramen. He took the plates, out of the cabinet which Ari had pointed to and brought it to the dining area.


 

"So..?" she softly repeated, still a bit embarrassed about her previous actions. "I'm sorry about earlier, I will try and not stare at those blue eyes of yours. By the way" pointing to his face with chopsticks "they didn't go away. Angry again?"


 

"They didn't. No, not angry. I don't know what happened, one minute I ran like usual, the next my sense increase double and everything slowed down or something, every color enhanced." He said shyly smiling at his bowl of ramen.


 

"Freedom, the feeling of being alive" She said not even trying to hide the smile. "Actually, you went faster, even faster than me, everything else just simply stayed at their own pace. But you see what I was trying to bring you by, isn't it? Being a wolf doesn't mean tearing everything to pieces and blood all over the place. It can be so much more wonderful than that. That's why I love to run." Ari explained while she gazed into nothing. "But we still need to get that" she made a circle in front of him "in control."


 

A WOLF NEEDS TO FEEL FREE AND SEE THE VIVID COLORS OF THE WORLD.


 

Day 5 - Saturday

It wasn't that she didn't want to meet up with Joonmyun, she just couldn't, she got into some trouble when she got home on friday and now every weekend she had to have someone to sleep over. She hated being imprisoned in her own house, she couldn't go anywhere, it was suffocating for her. The freedom she had had with Joonmyun the past couple of days, she missed it already. Maya had to babysit her on saturday, with some nagging the girls had permission to go to the center of the town and do some shopping.


 

Bad idea, the first thing they saw was Luhan. "Why me?" Ari exclaimed, every time again she just got that something from her father, that little bit of freedom since the hunters arrived and she was attacked as the only one and he had to be there. Ari pulled Maya aside. "Look what the devil brought in" She didn't want the red prince to be mad at her this time, every day of the week Luhan had been giving her angry glances when she mingled with Joonmyun, when she laughed with something he said.


 

A sly grin came upon Luhan's face when he saw Ari and Maya. He got stuck with Baekhyun today. Same reason as Ari, new hunters, new rivals, extra protection. The one thing Ari and Luhan could agree on, they hated being ripped of their freedom, they hated not being able to go somewhere alone, let alone go somewhere at all.


 

"The devil itself" Maya laughed which made her friend laugh as well. "Oooh, and his little demon, I guess mr Owl couldn't make it today." The girls rolled over the floor of laughing until they noticed Luhan walking to them.


 

"Hey beautiful, let's go for a drink." Baekhyun grinned at his prince's words. Luhan draped an arm around Ari, she wanted to protest but his grip was so firm she couldn't stribble against. Also it felt like he had something to say. "Baekhyun's tread" He added, which made the other red alpha's grin fade and his face turned to a scowl. Luhan looked at him to the point Baekhyun figured out there was no discussion in this.


 

"Fine, my treat" He said annoyed, blowing his hair out of his eyes.


 

"Wanna loose the protectors, I need air" Luhan whispered while they walked to the little cafe on the corner of the street, they walked a bit in front of their protectors and everything said in a whisper wasn't hurt by them, they could've easily used the bound but than the protectors might suspect something. Ari looked up, not knowing if he was playing with her or not. "Ooh, come on, I know you feel suffocated and I feel .... well... irritated because of the extra protection, we need to get rid  of them."


 

"Wait? You're actually nice to me?" She crooked an eyebrow.


 

"No, I just want to get rid of them so I can run a bit free in the woods." Luhan said arching his brows, slowly urging Ari on. "I know I'm not the only one"


 

"Fine, just this once." When they looked behind them Maya and Barkhyun were having a heated discussing about something the two leader children didn't care about and made a run for it.


 


 


 


 


A/N : I'm thinking about changing the title for this fic and I noticed I forgot CHEN haha :p But I have a plan for him. 

So comment, subscribe. Let me know what you think. I'm going to edit the first chapters since I got much comments on that in the reviews. If Anyone want to help me with that please comment or send me a PM. I'll be really greatfull.