Welcome to the hunters club.

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER IX

Welcome to the hunters club!

 

Luhan couldn't believe his eyes when he saw Joonmyun's earlier today. Blue, they were definitely blue or maybe not. He only got to see a flash of it, but he was sure his mind wasn't playing tricks on him or was it?. He sat at a table with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo during Lunch break. He was digging passively in his rice bowl not even eating it, he was so deep in thought that he absent minded followed one person during lunch. Keeping an eye on him wasn't going to be easy and why the hell was he with his enemies, he was a wolf, why would a wolf be even with hunters? Those two, were the ones he fought friday night before Uncle Kyuhyun came to interfere. The leaders were so sure that night that they were normal people, only Luhan's generation fought that night. Those two were strong, fought well for human hunters, the only two in that generation who lived, the ones who told Joonmyun to run, when Luhan left to go after Joonmyun, he had no idea what he was, he's nose had been cut that moment before by that one tall hunter, only when Luhan crossed the creek just a moment after he had smelled he was an omega. With a noticeable growl Luhan dug further in his bowl, Baekhyun had looked up but said nothing and carefully turned back to talking to Kyungsoo.

 

Luhan had been surprised by his own action this morning, why the hell did he attack Ari in the hallway? It would've been so much better on the football field. Ever since Sehun had left it was like he didn't care anymore, but still he never felt this anxious. He just attacked her even if he didn't want to. But nonetheless Ari wasn't his problem right now. The mysterious new wolf was. The omega. Joonmyun. What was it about him? Ari sure as hell wanted to protect him and if he was really blue, he had to do the same. First he needed to find out if he was really blue. Otherwise kill him was the first thing on his mind, he could be the betrayer that ratted out the yellow and green pack, plus he could be the one that had them killed those packs. He could be the one who took Tao and Sehun from them. Without Tao and Sehun to close or even a hint of being alive, the other leader-children emotions' increased and changed in a desperate way. Luhan sighed and looked at his bowl again, he had dug a hole in his bowl, all the rice was plastered at the sides. He pushed the bowl away and looked at Joonmyun again who was conversing with his two friends.

 

But something wasn't quiet the same, Luhan knew it, the first time he saw him this morning again. Joonmyun had been growing stronger than last. Because friday night he was just helpless and even Luhan sensed it that he was an omega (maybe too late) back than he hadn't seen his eyes, but he was still a defenseless scared omega, scared of his own kind that is. He attacked him from behind. jumping on him and by the time the little omega had turned around his eyes were closed. He should have clawed on him further until he opened his eyes, but Ari came in between. Ari. Luhan started to growl a bit louder now, which made Kyungsoo and Baekhyun look at him with raised eyebrows. Ari had to protect him. She was up to something. The red alpha prince had to find out what it was. 

 

"Luhan? You ok?" Baekhyun asked concerned about the red soon-to-be-leader. Luhan blinked and came out of his trance and nodded with a silent "I'm fine" he finally took a piece of meat and put it in his mouth.

 

 

Ari walked in the cafeteria and looked around, blew out a small breath of relief to see that the omega was sitting far away from Luhan.

With Bae, Maya and Li going on about some group assignment from their Gym teacher Mr. Lee D. who was a purple werewolf and was a good friend of Kyuhyun, they went to the queue and slowly shuffled forward in the waiting line.

Ari looked to where the red alpha was, she wasn't very comfortable with Luhan's eyes glued to Joonmyun. She noticed he wasn't looking at him in revenge of his action this morning, it was more figuring out something.

 

Ari shook her head, she probably hadn't had something to worry about since it wasn't a glint of revenge in the red's eyes. But none the less this reminded Ari about something that Luhan wasn't that reliable. He once looked at a kid, Sanduel like that. It turned out the boy had shoved him in the hallway and spoke some bad words afterwards. Sanduel was found ripped to pieces the next morning in the classroom. She could still hear his best friend, Gongchan cry out. Later it was stated that some wild animal had found his way in the school and ripped the poor boy apart. That was short after Sehun went missing.

But the purple princess somehow knew this wasn't like that, what if Luhan saw? But she couldn't worry about that, the question of Joonmyun still lingered her mind. Train him. How? She wanted too, she just didn't know how she could do it unnoticed. And what about Luhan? He would notice for sure and than what, she looses everything?

 

"Aish" she said out loud. Why did the blue one had to say he only trusted her now. That wasn't fair. He didn't know her, he must've felt scared somehow. But than again Ari found Joonmyun intriguing.

 

"What?" Li turned around to watch her friend.

 

"huh? ooh euhm nothing, so... anyone got an idea for the assignment from Mr Lee?" She asked.

 

"ugh no, why did it have to be a surprise though? we need a team of five. Let's make it all girls. Why don't we ask Dahye to be part of our group, she's the best in sports." Maya proposed.

 

"yes, she is the best. I wonder if it is an obstacle race like last year." Bae shrugged.

 

"No, that won't be it though. No one completed it except for the wolves. So too hard for humans, to obvious too at times like these. Probably something in the woods?" Ari participated in the conversation.

 

"Would he risk that, with the new party in town?" Li signaled to Joonmyun and the hunters.

 

While the girls kept their conversation going, speculating what it could be, Ari wondered of to someone who was obviously staring at her too. She gave Joonmyun a small smile although the omega looked questionable at her. She averted her gaze when she felt Luhan was trying to make the special connection work. She didn't let him through and it was giving him as her a headache. Suddenly Ari stood up and ran out of the cafeteria, saying to her friends she forgot something. But they all knew she was having a headache and being close to Luhan and being in a loud cafeteria wasn't helping her. They nodded and wanted to go with her but she gently turned down that, they were in school nothing much could happen.

 

Ari ended up in a dance practice room, her phone had been laying on the bench. The practice room was surprisingly empty for the being their lunch period. Someone always was there but that was all the better for her. She wasn't ready to go back anyway, her head was full of questions and decisions had to be made, Should she help Joonmyun or not? She put on a soft track and laid down in the middle of the dance floor watching the ceiling. She could loose everything when she would help him? Than again why not, he could learn how to defend himself against his hunter friends when they him. But on the other hand, was it a good idea to turn someone into something he was scared of but really it has been his heritage all along? 

 

The alpha princess yelled out some frustrations and listened to the echoes of her voice. With that she made up her mind to break all the rules and help the blue-eyed wolf become none other than his own self.

 

"Well, what do we have here?" A voice said. Ari was so far in thought she hadn't heard any noise of the door opening and closing. She turned around and looked at the two intruders. Ari scrambled up and walked backwards. 

 

"I don't know, Hyunnie" The second one smirked. Ari eyed them both. "What should we do with this one? She looks scared." 

 

Ari wasn't scared at all she was stronger and faster than them. "What do you want?" Ari growled, gritting her teeth in anger, controlling herself. 

 

"You. Obviously" smirked the first one. Suddenly they started to circle her and more came in. "But first let me introduce myself, it wouldn't be fair to you that you don't know us and we know you before we kill you." He smirked at the princess.

 

Ari's eyes tried to observe them all, in total they were seven guys circling her. Her phone was in her back pocket it would be easy to grab it and call her protectors. Each of the hunters took out a knife, threateningly smirking at her. Ari could only think about one thing and tried to reach out in her pocket to get her phone. 

 

"Oh, I wouldn't try that if I were you, very bad move." A knife swift by and cut her arm and it was neatly caught by one of the others. The one who threw the knife was the one in front of the door, so Ari could easily knock him down and run. The cut wasn't deep but deep enough to let blood drip on the floor. "See that wasn't very nice, rude even, and I just wanted to get acquainted with you. Well I guess we'll have to kill you without you knowing who killed you, won't we?"

 

"Than you have to catch me first." Ari could see his muscles tense when she said it and turned around knocking down the one without a knife and ran outside. The only place that was seen from the cafeteria was the football field while dodging any other object that flew to her she ran hoping Li, Bae, Maya would see her from the outside. But was that the safest choice. Normal people would see her too and would question the situation.

 

 

 

"AAA" Luhan cried out, his eyes widened when he realized what had happened. "Ari" Luhan gasped when he reached out to his arms and his eyes suddenly flashed red. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo jumped in surprise. "Something's wrong." He said softly while looking at Joonmyun, than he switched to Li, Bae, Maya and back to his protectors because the three girls weren't paying attention and he couldn't just go up to them and say something was wrong. Ari had known less about the connection than he did and he told Baek and Soo a bit what it meant. "Go" he gave a silently order to Kyungsoo. 

 

"Aish, why do I  have to go?" Kyungsoo sighed, emphasizing his 'I', when getting up but he just realized what he just did and turned around to look at a not so pleased growling Luhan. Luhan's face spoke volumes, he wasn't one to argue with and Kyungsoo knew that for the best. "Fine" a second sigh came from the red prince's protector before he went after Ari's scent.

 

Kyungsoo followed her scent until he was behind the bleachers, a high stone stand with a variation of blue seats on the left side of the football field, the running track was around the field as well. He saw Ari in the middle of the football field surrounded by unknown people, but easy recognizable as hunters. 7, he counted. 7 with knives and while he scanned everyone he saw Ari's bleeding arm at the same place where Luhan had held his just a few minutes ago. But why wasn't Ari healing? Kyungsoo could smell the purple's blood more than he rather wanted too. Ignoring the stench and putting up his wolf hearing, he could manage to follow the conversation.

 

"Choose wisely, princess and we may let you go." he heard someone say. "We got one silver knife here, you already chose a poisoned one, if you chose the fake one with no poison nor silver we'll let you go,...for now." The leader smirked. Ari was looking around trying to figure out which one was which, but the poison from the cut was messing with her senses. "Can't you find ....." The leader's phone buzzed without hesitation he picked up confidently, but he kept his eyes on Ari so she wouldn't escape.

 

"Fine" he said when he hung up. He looked at the purple wolf "It's your lucky day today, purple one, We'll continue this another time." He than addressed his group of hunters "Change of plans, retreat." he barked out the orders. With his hunter eyes still on the girl wolf he fell back with his group and in no time they were gone.

 

The purple alpha sat down on the bleachers not noticing someone coming from behind. Kyungsoo slowly approached the wounded princess. Ari's head hung low and tried to focus on healing but for some reason it wouldn't work. She let out a cry of frustration. Kyungsoo coughed awkwardly and uncomfortably when he stood in front of the other. He had never been in this situation where he approached the girl alone. Ari looked up and scoffed "What do you want? What are you doing here? Are you here to hassle me?" Slightly cringing from the prickling feeling in her veins and it was irritating her immensely. Her stomach was upset and the headache didn't falter.

 

"I got orders." the red alpha simply mentioned emotionless and without noticing Ari was beginning to sway. "Luhan send me." he added irritated that he was the one here and not some else.

 

"He could've just send one of my own." She rolled her eyes and tried to stand up but as soon as she wanted to try she fell back in the seat.

 

"Are you alright?" Kyungsoo sounded sincerely concerned, making a total 180 on his own feelings but Ari wouldn't have none of it and in her mind it was a trick, Luhan probably planned something to keep against her later. He hesitated but still offered a hand to help her but she refused, her pride was getting in her way.

 

"What do you care?" Talking became harder and more difficult, suddenly her vision even started to blur. The sound in her ears was a harsh, loud continuous beep that enabled her to understand what the red protector was saying.

 

"Like I said I have orders." Kyungso repeated with his hand out to help her.

 

"W-what'd you say?" She winced a bit.

 

Kyungsoo started to wave a hand before Ari who just shook her head. He stopped waving because it was making her more dizzy. "Purple, how many fingers am I holding up?" Ari tried her best to understand but she couldn't see or hear clearly.

 

"Yah, stop, why do you have four hands? that's creepy" The princess murmured.

 

"Okay, that's enough" Kyungsoo was losing his patience, this wasn't his job. This was the job of her protectors but he took Ari on his back and went to the infirmary, he already sent out a text to his commander, Luhan, to signal him something was wrong. By the time the red protector even got to the infirmary, the purple alpha was almost completely passed out. Faint noises were heard by her and only when she heard something about "How long? ... Ok...no one can come in, keep watch" she was drifting off more. The voice was familiar but she couldn't put a hand on it who it came from.It was already too late to figure it out as the faint sounds and beeping dimmed. Her vision leaving her and she felt a thud.

 

 

 

With her eyes still closed she stirred in her sleep, slowly moving her hand up to rub in her still closed eyes she could hear a soft gasp next to her. Her eyes flickered open slowly, very slowly and she winced because of the harsh lights on the ceiling. When she finally could make out shapes and colors through the lights, she carefully sat up. She saw her three protectors around the bed. The alpha looked around, why was she in the infirmary on a bed, she never needed to be there. They bowed their head to their leader apologitic. Although Ari was trying to vaguely remember what happened, a very vague and blurry image came in her mind of her cut on her arm. When she looked and examined the place where it should have been there was not even a scar nor a slight hint there was one. Did she dream the whole thing, she was sure she couldn't have healed the cut by herself.

 

Bae came forward, she was expected to lead the protectors and speak to her when something was up. Bae looked like she was scared. Li put a hand on her shoulder and started to speak instead of her companion. "Ari-ah" It came out hesitantly and scared or concerned. "A-are you alright?" Ari simply nodded and waited for the rest while examining her protectors faces. "We are truly sorry we weren't there, we should have been. This wouldn't have happened. If you want to give us a lecture we understand, we already had one from Luhan and we will get one from your father after school. He already called us to an order. If you want to replace us, we understand to and we will step down right away. It was our fault for leaving you alone in these times, even when you said you didn't want us to follow you, we should have and we will not let it happen again." Li bowed again.

 

And like Li told Ari, the purple princess was not free anymore, neither was the red prince. Ari wanted to slip away badly and catch up with Joonmyun secretively. She had time until school ended and that was in half an hour. She past a note to Joonmyun in the last 10 minutes in class. It was boring anyway, everything she needed to know about history was the Wolf's history and that was all. Joonmyun looked rather surprised as he read the note, he didn't think they would've started right away. She told him to meet her at the map of the woods with the hiking trails and foothpaths that the entered the woods at the beginning of their town around 10pm. It wasn't a long walk, 10 minutes maybe from the school and you were there. Forbidden or not she had to learn the omega to not be scared of their kind and embrace his inner wolf. 

 

"Meet me. 10pm Tonight, I'll make sure you embrace that what you are truely meant to be, and not what you were brought up to be."

 

 



 

A/N: hey hey, finally back with another chapter , it's been awhile hasn't it? I hope you like it. 
Like always
Comment, subscribe upvote
have a nice day ^^