FINAL : The Battle III (Joonmyun To Suho)

The Mighty Five : The Blue Prince Survivor

CHAPTER XX

"The Battle Ends III"

 

Ari's eyes met Luhan's and she saw the honest 'sorry' look in his eyes. Luhan would never cry but a single tear escaped from his eyes. He'll be stabbed with silver in a couple of minutes and it all will be over. He would let Ari go and die himself. -I'm sorry, I couldn't save you- he mouthed. Ari gave him a small smile -Thank you - she said back without any sound. And she nodded. At that moment Luhan closed his eyes. It was just a mere point of second, he tightened his grip around her wrist and waited.

 

There was a loud growl and a wolf came out of nowhere, jumping on Woohyun. Woohyun tried to take the knife back he'd let fall on the ground, but he was too far away, his fingers couldn't reach it. The wolf on top him waited and when the werewolf hunter looked back at it. The blue eyed wolf bended its head down and lamed the hunter until he gave up the fight and died.

 

Luhan who was surprised at the sudden wind above him had opened his eyes and turned around to see what had happened. He looked at the grey wolf with blue eyes. Luhan's eyes widened and he was struck by lighting at the fighting wolf. But he realized something to  late, in the action of turning around, he had let go Ari's wrist in the process. He turned back around and looked over the edge. Ari was gone, no where to be seen. Luhan's head hurt as he was going crazy of the fact he had let her go.

 

"ARI, NO, . ARRIIII"

 

Luhan's head might have hurt, he didn't feel the impact of dying just yet. So that meant Ari was alive. The red prince realized he had acted to fast. When he looked back over the cliff, Ari was dangling and was grabbed by someone else. Ari's eyes were wide opened and even had opened. Luhan looked beside him, he saw someone he never would've thought he see again. 

 

"Lu, snap out of it, help me pull her up now." Luhan shook his head and looked at the older, more stronger version of what was the boy once two years ago. Luhan reach down again and took a hold of Ari's other arm. Together they pulled her up. 

 

"I'm not dreaming right?" She looked at the young adult in front of her. Luhan was also surprised to see him. "Sehun" Ari let out with a crop in . 

 

"Yeah."

 

"How?"

 

"Her" Sehun pointed at the grey wolf. Ari crawled closer to Sehun and took him in a smouldering hug, while Luhan was doing a terrible job of hiding his own tears. "Lu? You crying?" Sehun smiled while hugging Ari back.

 

"No" Luhan huffed and wiped his face clean of tears. "If you're here than ..."

 

"Yeah, Tao is over there." He signaled backwards with his head.

 

"Oh my god" Ari breathed out and saw someone walking towards them. Sehun pulled away out of the hug and wiped Ari's tears away. With both hands on her cheeks she started smiling. After that the three stood up and Luhan and Ari looked at the other young adult approaching them.

 

"Ari, Lu meet Tao again." Sehun smiled at the boy who was now standing next to him. Sehun swung his around Tao's neck.

 

"Hi" the small build, but strong looking boy said shyly. "Kris should be here shortly."

 

"Wait. Kris knew?" Luhan asked questionably looking at Sehun.

 

"Yeah, he found us a couple of days ago. She had a suspicion that something went down here." Sehun scratched the back of his head with his other hand.

 

"Who is she?" Ari asked raising an eyebrow. Sehun didn't answer and looked at the battle ahead.

 

"We should go." Tao nodded and walked to the battle field.

 

The female grey alpha wolf was fearlessly ripping the hunter apart until she came in front of Xiumin. She growled loud at him and showed her sharp teeth. Barked and  bit in the air, she was reading herself for the attack. 

 

Xiumin gave her his back. He may have been a vampire for a thousand years, he didn't think she was worthy to fight him. The grey wolf became more angry and settled her in a position to attack his back, she normally would find it very dishonorable to kill someone like that, but desperate times calls for desperate measure, as she ran to him with an incredible speed. She was batted away by another, a far more determined boy now. Xiumin turned around and saw a panting Joonmyun in front of him. Keeping the other wolf on a distant. When Lay looked up, he wasn't that far away, he had this smug grin on his face. 

 

Joonmyun did come in handy, his thoughts were spinning, if Joonmyun killed his kind first, than they didn't need to do the dirty work. They would kill the boy afterwards.

 

Joonmyun and the female alpha were circling each other. Even though Joonmyun had learned to control it, his eyes flashed ocean blue. That made the female stop and looked surprised, letting her guard down. The grey blue-eyed wolf morphed back into a beautiful 23-year young woman, with long blond hair and still had her blue eyes. Sehun and the rest looked in the woman's directions.

 

Her hand moved in front of . "Suho?" She stepped forward, Joonmyun blinked a couple of times. Who was she calling Suho?.

 

"I can't believe it. I finally found you. You? Suho." The 18-year old omega looked at her confused. Not even had she had blue eyes like him, it was like she knew him under a different name. Not just any name, the name that haunted him in dreams. Xiumin studied the woman in front of them. "Suho" She reached out her hand. "It's me, Hyoyeon, your sister." 

 

"OOOh isn't this beautiful?" Lay smirked. "Family reunion." He went his gaze to Hyoyeon. "I thought we killed you." Hyoyeon hadn't had ears for the vampire and she only looked at the young adult that was her brother. "Ignoring me?" Lay wasn't pleased. "Sunggyu, get her."

 

Sunggyu came from the other side and hit Hyoyeon. She lost her balance and did a couple of steps back. "Hansol, go get your other friend." Hansol nodded and got Yano, the back up out of the woods. Yano was a turned vampire but the kid was not newly turned, he went a couple of years back. Yano would have been another back up but the last one they had left. 

 

Hyoyeon was pushed back away from Joonmyun. The omega was still confused, Xiumin had told him there was no one left of his family, suddenly he has a sister. He turned around to met the evenly shocked Xiumin. Hansol, Yano and Sunggyu were battling two to one in the mean time.

 

Lay was getting slowly irritated that it wasn't going the way he planned. It wasn't going fast enough for the vampire. "Xiumin. It's time." The other vampire shook his head. How could he? How could he kill the one thing that held him together, the one thing that let him feel a bit human? "FINE I'LL DO IT" Lay ran up to the omega and battled him. He drove him away from his guardian.

 

"Yixing, STOP" Xiumin cried out when Lay was fighting Joonmyun. "STOP" He cried out, he knew he was supposed to kill the boy, he was the enemy but he couldn't. How can you murder, rip your own son to pieces. Joonmyun couldn't take much anymore and Xiumin let out tears, he may be a thousand year old vampire, he still had some of his feelings.

 

"I WILL NOT STOP. IF I KILL THIS ONE THEY ALL DIE." Lay yelled and struck Joonmyun at the right places. Joonmyun wasn't going to take much anymore. "I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET ATTACHED, AND YOU DID."

 

"LAAAY" Xiumin hardly used the nicknames they got from the wolves, he didn't mind be called Xiu but he didn't use them that much often.. Lay was a bit struck by it but not so much that he let Joonmyun go. Joonmyun the poor boy that he was compare to the strength of the vampire. He didn't know what to do. Even the others were too occupied with the newly turned vampires.

 

For a vampire on a revenge tour Xiumin didn't act the part. Actually the truth was he gave up a long time ago. When he lost his wife and all he got was his friends and Joonmyun, the blue omega who was now barely hanging in the fight and struggling to fight his friend. Xiumin lost all purpose to revenge and it was sipping through him the day they saved Ari from the wolfsbane intake.

 

"Lay, PLEASE" Xiumin pleaded, stood nailed to the ground. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't think straight.

 

"XIU, Shut the HELL up" He avoided an attack from Joonmyun. "NEXT TIME I WOULDN'T LISTEN TO YOU, NEXT TIME IS NOW."

 

He hoped for the day to never have come that Joonmyun would turn 18. He so hoped it. But he went along with Lay to kill the green pack suddenly everything became clear too. He would never let Joonmyun die, he was scared of loosing him and being left with nothing. All alone is this world. But Xiumin couldn't move right now, he couldn't. He wanted to save him but he couldn't he let his emotion shine and Lay will punish him for it later. He could only mutter out words for Lay to stop, stop this insanity, stop it all. He yelled at Lay that Joonmyun wasn't connected, by killing him he wouldn't kill the others, Lay wouldn't listen. The guardian vampire panicked when he saw his hands around the blue omega's neck, shocking him. Torturing, scarring him with the other hand. 

 

The wolf boy was barely hanging in there, suffering, raised it mid air. He could hear Xiumin's pleading words. With the force that the hand put on his throat he was powerless. He was right to fear Lay even when he was growing up. He was hanging in there, no one could save him. His newly found sister and friends were fighting for freedom, Xiumin wasn't able to fight because he feared of loosing. Even Sungjong and the two still living protectors couldn't do anything. He was done for, but he was holding on, what if it was true and he died. Would the rest die with him? Xiumin once saved Ari from the wolvesbane not so long ago. Joonmyun couldn't even reach Luhan at that time. If The Mighty Five's connection was that strong, was it not their prophecy to die? Battling his own thoughts Lay's pressure became stronger and stronger. Xiumin's pleads were louder and louder. Until Joonmyun saw something he probably shouldn't have and it dawned on him. He wasn't the one who was supposed to fight with The Mighty Five. It was the other. 

 

Hyoyeon and The Mighty Five fought bravely against the 3 vampires with a two on one battle. Maybe not the fairest fight, but also not the easiest. Hyoyeon felt something, her brother was giving up. Hyoyeon was fighting with Sehun against Sunggyu, it wasn't an easy fight but when Sehun felt Hyoyeon retreating he watched to what she was looking at. He decided to finish of Sunggyu by himself and than send a message to the others. Sehun slith the throat of his opponent with a knife he found. He than plunged his hands in his throat and ripped out the airpipes. Sunggyu went limb to the ground. Hyoyeon was already running to Suho's aid. Ari looked up and watched the desperate cries of the female blue wolf. Luhan who was fighting alongside Ari finally got a good grip on Hansol and ripped his arms off and than his head.

 

Ari was frozen the moment she saw where Hyoyeon was running to. Luhan could feel Ari, he tried to reach the blue omega's thoughts but it came too late. They all could hear the snap of his neck, the moment the female blue was just 10 metres apart. Sehun caught her before she could even do something stupid, she wasn't compatible to fight Lay. She was weaker than him and he wouldn't let her die on his watch. 

 

Tao and Kris just finished the last vampire off. Ari fell to the ground, Luhan couldn't protect her from the hurt that went through her, he felt powerless but still went up to Ari and closed the distance embracing her while she cried. He hated her feelings, she was heartbroken, even more he hated it because it was over Joonmyun. Ari clutched onto Luhan, but at the same time she wanted to push him away and run up to the now dead friend still hanging in the air. Luhan had to use all his might to hold her against him, he held her tight in his embrace. He would never admitted it but he started to like the little omega, he was brave and stupid. But so loyal. One fact was true, he never liked him because Ari started to take an interest in him and it came so easy, the red had years to get Ari's attention but in the wrong way.

 

No cry was more shocking or louder than that of the vampire guardian. Helpless, overwhelmed and feeling nothing but pain and loneliness, Xiumin sunk into the ground like Ari did but ten times worse. His own friend hadn't listened to his pleads, to let the one thing live that made him feel alive, even human. That the vampire loved. That he cherished. All that he had left. Xiumin's eyes turned white and the veins in his face started to show. His sharp teeth came out and all senses were blocked. He couldn't see anyone else than his betraying friend. He was outraged. Xiumin was ready to kill his long life friend over this. Rage came in as a wrecking ball and he charged screaming at Lay. But Lay saw it coming and dropped the lifeless body of Suho on the ground and did two steps to the right so that when Xiumin blind from rage was not able to hit him and ran to the abyss. Luckily for Xiumin, Tao and Kris were standing close to that place, they saved him from falling of, but his rage still lingered in his heart, and through his veins.  He tried to fight the yellow and orange wolf, but the wolves got him in a firm grip.

 

No one saw it coming, what happened next, not even Lay could've predicted it. A loud wolf cry came from the small forest on the mountain. A grey wolf charged at Lay and ripped him into shreds. Starting of with biting his hands off, than his arms followed by his feet and legs. Lay was now just a body with a head and no ligaments. He was barely alive. The wolf went on and on, blue eyes shone in bright and it was the last thing Lay ever would see. Growling at the vampire who was bleeding all over. This wolf was strong, fast and vengeful. He had no mercy. Lay saw it in the determined eyes before the grey alpha wolf plunged his teeth in his throat and the vampire suffered the consequences of what he had done. Than the wolf teared of his head and it was all over. 

 

But it didn't stop, the wolf started growling at Xiumin and went in for the kill as well but was stopped by a freed Hyoyeon who ran in between the wolf and Xiumin who was still held by Tao and Kris. Coming to his senses the unknown wolf calmed down and watched his surroundings. Not long after revenge was no where to be spotted in his eyes only regret and pain. He went to the side of the late omega. and laid down next to him. Hyoyeon approached the wolf and softly patted the crying wolf. Sehun did the same. 

 

Kris had taken it upon him to support the dead weight of Xiumin. As Tao run up to the blue male alpha wolf and followed Hyoyeon and Sehun's gestures. Luhan looked at the scene with Ari curled up in his embrace. It was over, but who was the new blue alpha wolf? Sehun met Luhan's thought and just answered with one word. Twins. Luhan's eyes widened and remembered something, Joonmyun had always said there was another voice in his head, they just thought it were his own thoughts speaking to him. Had this blue alpha always watched over Joonmyun? The other thing was the rage, Luhan knew Ari wasn't the omega's match, so was he it, had he been there to save them from a raging Joonmyun?

 

Luhan felt Ari calming down. Sniffing and the grip she had on him loosen, he averted his gaze from Sehun to Ari and saw her tear filled eyes and stained face. Luhan inhaled because he was holding his breath and he didn't even knew it. With that inhale came the coffee scent and it hit Luhan that this twinbrother of Joonmyun always had been around since the omega came to town. Eventhough Luhan hadn't had much strength in him anymore. He pushed himself to stand up and take Ari to Joonmyun. 

 

Kris arrived with Xiumin and even Sungjong who had been protected by Li, came closer to the body. The still unnamed alpha growled at Xiumin, Hyoyeon whispered "It's okay Jongdae, he won't hurt him. It's okay." Li was still with Baekhyun but the red protector could feel she wanted to be elsewhere, but still she stayed there.

 

It felt strange, the fight was over and no one knew how many survivors there were except for them. No one really had that victorious feeling. Did they really win after loosing so many?

 

Suho's twin slowly morphed back to human, still laying over his dead brother, Jongdae revealed his human form. Jongdae's human form was known to Hyoyeon, Sehun and Tao. It was the first time Kris, Luhan and Ari saw him. Although the blue male alpha felt down he kept shielding his brother from Xiumin even though Hyoyeon had told him the vampire was alright, he still was a little wary of him. Jongdae did nothing when SungJong approached and kneeled next to Suho. "Myungsoo told me he was different." He sniffed "He never told me why. He said I needed to follow you in the darkest of times. I didn't know what he meant." Tears rolled down SungJong's face and landed on Suho. "I should've known"

 

"You couldn't have known" Hyoyeon patted the lost hunters back. "You were taught otherwise."

 

Xiumin didn't dare touch his boy with the distasteful look of Jongdae. He wanted to hug his boy and say sorry he didn't defend him, didn't protect him. Now he was all alone. "Jongdae," Hyoyeon averted her attention form the hunter to her brother "Please, he has the right to ..."

 

"He has no right to touch my brother, he has no right to even look at my brother. HE out of all creatures should disappear and never return or I will kill him." The blue growled angry at his sister, not only angry but also with tears running down his face.

 

"He never hurt Suho, please let him..." The blond girl said. Jongdae straightened and finally sat up while he looked at the broken Xiumin, who tried to get close to his wolfboy son.

 

"Who's side are you on? He is still the enemy. He didn't even protect Suho when he had to. When our brother needed him the most, he didn't do anything." Jongdae snapped and yelled at his sister. The vampire's eyes widened in shock and in realizations that he was telling the truth. Xiumin looked the blue in the eye, it was better for him to leave, so he stood up and tried to leave until he felt a warm hand tightening around his. It was Ari. She had let go of Luhan and Luhan knew what she was about to say. 

 

"He has the right to be with Myun-ah. Xiumin protected him all his life, he even saved us five when I took in and almost killed us all." she whispered. Xiumin looked at her a bit in disbelief. Was she really rooting for him? Ari lead him back to where Suho was. She managed to connect the hands of both guardian and omega, with disapproval from his twin brother but Hyoyeon restrained her surviving brother. To let Xiumin cry out his goodbyes.

 

Xiumin couldn't believe it, his boy, young adult, just turned 18-year old boy was lying in front of him, dead as can be. The young boy's hand felt so cold against his even colder skin, that hand had been so warm over the years, it even tried to warm Xiumin a couple of times when he was holding the wolf boy. "I am so sorry" the vampire sniffed, "I am. I shouldn't have given you wolfsbane to weaken you. I should have let you live with all your strength and glory, I should've let you be wolf." 

 

Growls came from behind him and one annoyed 18 year old blue eyed boy was glaring at him. "Now I am like you, the last of my kind." Xiumin pushed a string of brown hair behind his ears. "I never wanted to hurt you" he cried "I-I.. I've always loved you, remember that ok, Myun-ah? I love you, no matter what you were. I was lucky to have a son like you."  

 

The hate Jongdae had towards Xiumin, grew even though he witnessed everything Xiumin did and that was protect his twin day in and day out. But still he was the reason he was dead. Xiumin got the memo and stood up, leaving the wolfs and his Joonmyun behind. Hyoyeon wasn't happy with her brother's reaction, but still the exhaustion kept her from going against him further. He wasn't going to kill the only thing that kept Suho alive.

 

 


 

A couple of hours later, the last remaining 10 were found by Henry. It was easy what a gps tracking device could do. Henry was still holding on to the orphaned child of Sunny and Sungmin, he didn't let others carry the baby. As big as the surviving group of Red, Purple and Orange were, it wasn't a lot of survivors. The leaders hadn't been found, although the surviving group of the wolves knew that the purple leader couple didn't survive and Ari was their leader now. One thing was for sure Ari wasn't ready to lead a broken pack, she herself was broken. She lost so many people in the fight, she couldn't mourn about. What was once the optimistic Ari was now a zombie like human being.

 

A couple of days later when the wolves reunited as one pack and every dead person got the proper funeral. Ari said she needed time, the rest knew it was for the best for the 17 year old to get some rest, she lost her parents and two protectors, plus a recently best friend. Also she lost the most aunts and uncles. 

 

After a week of being alone Sehun, Luhan and the rest started to worry about her. She didn't answer calls or opened the door of the her house. It was like she vanished. Luhan started fearing the worst when he couldn't even feel her emotions. When they knocked in a window of the Purple leader's mansion, the whole place was wrecked. Jongdae and Sehun had searched everywhere the cabin, the mountains, while Luhan and Hyoyeon made visits to Li and asked for places she could be. Kris and Tao searched the school and even went beyond city lines also Kris and Tao weren't only searching for the purple princess, they were searching for the missing leaders minus the ones that died.

 

When they all met in the cabin, no one could say they found something meaningful. Since they couldn't find anything, they slowly started to giving up on finding what was left of the leaders and although they never would've thought of saying it out loud, they were giving up on finding Ari. Maybe they weren't supposed to find her, maybe she just had to come back to them at the right moment. 

 

 

 

In Loving Memory Of

The Purple (Super Junior) Pack :

Jin Kyuhyun, Jin Bom, 
Lee Sungmin, Lee Sunny, 
Lee Yoona, (Li's mother)
Kim Kangin,
Kim Yoonji, Kim Maya,
Park Leeteuk, Park Sora, Park Bae,
Lau Victoria, (Henry's mother)
Kim Kibum, Han Geng, Shin Dong, Kim Heechul, ...

(+ their wives and children)

The Red (BtoB) Pack :

Do Hyungsik, Do Bomi, Do Kyungsoo,
Lee Changsub, Peniel D.Shin,

(+ their wives and children)
Yook Joy, Byun Chorong (Baekhyun's Mother)

The Orange (Cross Gene) Pack : 

Lee Seyoung, Casper, Kim Sangmin, Shin Wonho
(+ their wives and children)

The Blue Pack : 

Kim Joonmyun / Suho

And all the other packs that had to undergo the wrath of the vampires. The Green (BigBang) Pack, The Yellow (TVXQ/DBSK/JYJ) Pack, The Blue Pack
and our doors will always be open to the leaders that went missing Lee Minhyuk, Lee Yewon, Wu Takuya, Wu Hyorin.

 

We will honour the survivors of this war:
Lee Eunhyuk (Li's father), Lau Zhou Mi (Henry's father), Choi Siwon and Liu Wen, Lee Donghae and Dara, Kim Ryeowook, Kim Yesung
Jin Ari, Lee Li, Lau Henry, Lee Minsoo

Byun Eunkwang (Baekhyun's Dad), Yook Sungjae, Jung Ilhoon
Byun Baekhyun, Lee Luhan

Kim Yongseok
Wu Kris

Kim Hyoyeon, Kim Jongdae
Oh Sehun,  Shim Tao 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The END