; VIII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

VIII

 

“No grandma, really, let me do this, okay?” Soojung said as she grabbed a broom from her grandma’s hand. She smiled then turned back.

“Soojung, you know why I always love it when you visit me. You always taking care this house and help me a lot.”

Soojung smiled silently, “That’s my duty as your grandchild, grandma.”

She slowly swept the graden she used to play with. Something she hadn’t do since a year ago. Luckily, she always got time at least a week a year to visit her grandma’s house. Soojung usually did a lot of things there. Help her to clean the house, the garden, clean the windows, even help her grandma to cook—though her cook isn't as good as her grandma’s—which she loved the most.

Cleaning the garden from falling leafs wasn't a hard thing to do. Soojung did this since she was a child. She decided to help her grandparents to clean the garden she loves so much. As someone who spend most of her time in the house, Soojung didn't have much things to do. So, this is the least thing she can do.

Ah, she still remember the moment when she swept the garden then her grandpa would taking out grass. They would chatting around, then laugh together for some funny jokes her grandpa has. And of course, she remembered when she was learn how to bike bicycle and falling to the ground a lot.

Now it was only her and her grandma. What makes her feel sad even more, she couldn’t visit her grandma as much as she wants. Still, Soojung tried her best to always call her grandma, asking her what’s going on the village, how’s grandma’s condition, and she always sent part of her money to her grandma every month.

Soojung kept sweeping, until a car’s engine sounds could be heard not far from the house. She slowly looked up and found a familiar car came closer to her place. At first she didn't notice, but her eyes were glued to the car.

Her hands stopped moving, so did the broom. She was stuck at the moment. Soojung saw the car stopped right in front of the gate of her grandma’s house. On the next second, she gasped when she finds a figure of tanned guy went out from the car.

That guy brushed his hair with hand, before closing the door. His eyes moved and met Soojung’s shocked face. He smirked, like he was winning something precious at the moment.

“Good afternoon, Soojung-a,” Jongin greeted her in his usual tone.

She stucked for a while, but then she shrieked, “Oh my God. What are you doing here?!!”

Jongin opened the passanger door to pick up his big luggage and put it on the ground. He laughed as he turned around, only to found Soojung’s horror face right in front of him.

“What. Are. You. Doing. Here. Huh?”

He raised an eyebrow, “Shouldn’t I be the one who ask you with that kind of face? I am angry right now because you didn't tell me you take a break.”

“That’s not your bussiness,” Soojung said fastly. “Come on, you should leave before my grandma sees you,” she said in panick tone.

“Seriously? I just got here and you tell me to leave?”

“Yes.”

“I won’t,” he replied.

“What?!”

“Isn’t it obvious, Soojung? I’m going to spend my break time here with you. Seriously, what are you thinking before? I am not busy at all yet you leave me alone.”

“Well, this is my trip, you’re not allowed to join.”

“But I am here so let’s just having fun together, okay? I am still mad at you because you lied to me.”

“I am because you’re here without any warning!” she almost shouted.

“I don't care.”

Soojung glared to him. Her eyes moved to the ground, looked at the Jongin’s black luggage as she was going to make a hole there. “Why do you bring it here?”

Jongin didn't reply, yet he walked inside the garden. His eyes were stucked to the front, plus his warm smile plastered on his face. Jongin took his luggage along with him from behind, then he stopped in front of the house.

Little did Soojung knew, her Gradnma already stood in front of the house. She was there watching them talking in super low yet angry tone to each other, with a thin smile.

“Aigoo, who is this?” Grandma asked when she saw Jongin stopped in front of her. Soojung popped out her eyes in shock then turned around, only to found Jongin bowed to her Grandma perfectly ninety degrees.

“Annyeonghasseyo, Kim Jongin imnida. Nice to meet you, halmeoni.”

“Hello, Jongin. It’s really nice to see you too. Are you perhaps, Soojung’s boyfriend?” she teased.

“Ah, not yet. Perhaps, later.”

There, Soojung left dumbfounded. “Oh my ing God, I am so embarrassed, please God peel me alive, please,” she murmured to herself.

Both Jongin and Grandma laughed together as they chatted with each other. It seemed her Grandma already fell into Jongin’s warm aura. Luckily he knew how to act politely to older person and smiled to show how nice he is.

Soojung walked closer to them with frown on her face. Grandma noticed this and smiled to her grandchild, “Aigoo, Soojung-ah, what’s wrong with your face? Greet him politely.”

“I already did.”

She smiled to Soojung, “If you called a shriek as you found him arrived and ask him to leave when he just arrived is a polite greet then I don't think you can't get your meal for tonight.”

Soojung’s eyes went wider, “MWOYA!?”

“That’s not so nice of you, Soojung. He came here to be with you.”

“I don't ask him to do that,” she coldly reply.

“That’s even better. It’s mean he is coming here because he wants to. Now take him to guest room, arra?”

Jongin smiled, “I can do it by myself, halmeoni.”

“No, no, Soojung should do that. Come on, Soojung.”

Soojung rolled her eyes before glaring at Jongin. She walked inside the house, “Follow me!”

**

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter