; XIII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIII

 

Jongin wake up in his room with blank face. He just wake up but worried and uneasy feelings already filling his heart. His thought was thinking about Soojung straightly. Just what was going on with her last night? Was she trying to ignoring him or he just simply not in good mood since Ravi brought Sehun in their conversation?

He decided to sat on the edge of his bed. His eyes were looking for his phone, which was on the desk. He stood up and turned it on.

One message popped up on the screen

Hey, have you wake up yet? Call me after you read this message, okay?

Soojungie

He didn't waste any minute to tap the screen and called her. He walked out from his room. The sun already shining brightly behind the curtain. When Jongin glanced to clock on the wall, it showed almost seven am already. Still early, he wonder why Soojung would text him at this hour.

“Hey,”

“Soojung,” he exhale . “How are you? Are you fine?”

She chuckled, “Yes, I’m fine. You just wake up, didn't you?”

“Yeah, sorry my voice still a bit hoarse.”

“Sorry for waking you up, Jongin. I’m just...missing you.”

Aw, that’s cute. Jongin lost his breathe for a second before he finally took a deep breath and hardly control his breathe. “You’re not waking me up, so relax. Ah, really, are you sure you miss me?”

“Don't tease, it’s still early,” Soojung warned. “Sorry about last night, I just not in the mood to talk to anyone.”

“Soojung,” he slowly replied. “Stop saying sorry because I never get mad at you, okay? I will probably not get mad at you without any reason.”

“Thank you then. I actually want to tell you about something.”

“What is it?”

“Come to my office at lunch, I’m not sure I can talk about it by phone..”

This is new, Jongin thought. “It must be important, isn’t it?”

“Well..kinda,” Soojung sounds unsure. “Why? You can't come here?”

“You have me for all day long,”

She laughed, “Great! So, see you at lunch?”

Jongin smiled widely, “Can’t wait to see the cold princess.”

“Shut up, I’m hanging up!”

Jongin chuckled. He could imagine how red she would be and still act like nothing happened. How cute. He couldn’t wait to see her. “I miss you too.”

 

Around ten AM, Jongin was ready to go.  He looked so fine with deep sea colored shirt and black skinny pants. It was still around two more hours until the lunch time, but that’s okay. Jongin didn’t mind to hanging around Soojung’s building or arrived early and simply watching the girl finishing her works. However, Jongin missed her so much.

He turned off the lamp and make sure everything’s settled down before he left his place. Just a moment after he opened the door, Jongin saw someone he didn’t expect to see right now.

“Jongin! We’re about to push the bell but you open the door for us!” Baekhyun laughed, beside him Chanyeol stood with his infamous stupid grin on face.

Jongin raised an eyebrow with confused stare, “What are you doing here?”

“We’re picking you up, of course!” Chanyeol half-shouted in happiness.

“Picking me up?”

Baekhyun shook his head playfully, his point finger moving from side to side, “You don’t forget about Kris hyung leaving for Canada tomorrow, do you? We’re planning to have one full day before separating from him for a month, and today is the day!”

Crap. Jongin’s face fell down right after Baekhyun saying those words. It was not like he didn't remember it. Well..yeah, he admitted he forgot about that. But Jongin thought Kris will leaving the day after tomorrow, which mean still two days more! And now he had plan already with Soojung, he surely won’t let it pass.

“I can’t join you guys today,” Jongin said. “I already made an appointment with Soojung and that’s it, you guys better said to hyung I say hi.”

“No, no, no, boy. You can’t run from us today, we’ve been preparing for this since weeks ago and you have agreed with that! Now, follow us.”

“Hyung, please, I can't. I will join you guys after lunch! Okay?”

Chanyeol shot him a stare then shook his head solidly. He grabbed Jongin’s arm and pull him out from his own apartment. While mumbling, “No, you should join us no matter what,” he closed the door and locked it.

“Hyung, jebal, hyung!!”

“No, Jongin. Stop begging to us and calling that way, you never do that to us because you think we’re kind enough. But now, don’t use that because it will be useless!”

“Now, Kajja!” Baekhyun said with grin on his face.

*

 

KiraStyle’s office today seemed so calm compared than yesterday. There were only sounds of print and photocopy engine, typing sounds from keyboard and several phone ringing. It was always like this. Everyone were so focused with their works, only one or two people talked with phones, talking about works and such. One of the reason why Soojung loved her workplace so much, was because this place was and still is full in peacefulness.

She was standing in front of a refrigerator. Soojung looked so breathtaking today with white blouse and brown high waist skirt—some of her juniors whispering about her looks, like usual. Her eyes looked straight to a cup of tea in front of her. Slowly she took it and inhale the smell of tea.

Such a pleasure for someone who stayed inside a cool room for a long time like her. it was almost lunch, and luckily she finished her edits for ten pages—which she should had done it yesterday. Yet, another pages were waiting for her editing.

“Enjoying your free time, Miss?” a voice of best friend here could be heard from her back.

Seulgi walked closer and put down an empty cup on table. She let a sigh, “Such a tiring day, can’t believe Miss Kwon really made us left our work yesterday only for that damn photoshoot.”

When she first met Seulgi in person, she couldn’t stand how talkative is she. She talked a lot, unlike Soojung who kept shut most of the time. But now, Soojung felt lucky she met someone as talkative as Seulgi. This girl matched her personality so much. Seulgi would talk most of the time and bring more laugh to her, and Soojung would gladly talk as replies to Seulgi’s words.

There was someone she really liked about Kang Seulgi, that as much as this girl dominated their conversations, Seulgi will always shut whenever Soojung told her about something. She respected Soojung a lot, and Soojung noticed that.

“I wonder why would they make us suffering because we should keep standing around new models and watch them do their works,” Soojung replied. “I mean, if they want us to socialize with them then why don’t we go out together in some near time? That would be better.”

Seulgi sighed for the second time, “I don’t know how can she thinks that will works. My head hurt so much today.”

“Let’s take a break and don’t looking at screen for a while, okay?”

“Not sure, since I should finish my works soon,” Seulgi smiled bitterly. She glanced at the clock, “Do you want to go lunch with me?”

“Ah, no, I have made an appointment with Jongin today,” Soojung replied casually, though her cheeks blushed a bit. Seulgi noticed that—and Soojung expected it—she smiled to the ice princess in tease, “You guys must be missing each other right?”

“Of course not! I want to tell him about something face to face and—” at the moment, Soojung’s phone ringing, which cut her words. Soojung gave a sorry look to Seulgi before answer it.

“Hey, where are you?”

“Soojung, I’m sorry, I am really really sorry. I forgot today I have a plan with boys, Kris hyung will leaving Korea for one month so we’re going to spend one day long together.”

She didn’t need to count how fast her face became unreadable. Her face looked disappointed, it was obvious. Soojung took a glance to Seulgi who kept watching her, and she looked away to hold her disappointe feeling.

“I see...It’s okay, Jongin.”

“I’m rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter