; XXIX

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXIX

 

 

Let’s not talk about how broken Soojung was. Because no matter how hard she tried to hide it, her sadness was so obvious. She took a break for two straight days since Thursday and the moment she left Jongin alone on restaurant, she met Sehun only to cried during their ways to Grandma’s village.

There, Soojung prepared everything with Sehun to moved Grandma’s from her old house to Seoul along with Soojung. Sehun asked her, of course, but she refused to tell him about the whole thing with Jongin.

One thing Sehun knew, Soojung finally broke up from Jongin. As told before, it was obvious.

But he didn't ask for further.

“I’ve called people to bring the furniture to my place and they said they’ll come around next morning,” Soojung said as he walked out from bathroom.

Sehun nodded while drying his drenched hair. He eyed her who kept moving to pack kitchen things without saying a thing. He then noticed Soojung hadn’t change her clotch since this afternoon.

“You haven’t take a bath,” Sehun said.

“Yeah, I’m almost done.”

“Stop that, it’s almost nine and you didn't stop move since we arrived,” Sehun took a glass from Soojung’s hand and put it inside the box, “Go clean yourself and prepare to sleep.”

“Sehun, I’m fine.”

“I know, but you need sleep to be ready next morning, I’ll pack this tonight.”

Soojung looked at him for almost one minute. She finally looked away and nodded. “Okay, I’ll go upstairs.”

She was about to say some other things but she knew this is not the right time. She didn't want to cry inside the house that filled with a lot memories about.. him. She didn't want to cry and remember how hurt she is when this place used to be one of places that reminds her of him.

She thought she didn't cry, at least tonight.

But she was wrong, because the moment she entered  bathub, she cried hard.

*

 

Let’s not talk about how broken Jongin was. Because the moment Soojung left him, Jongin cried on the floor, feeling lost as if he lost half of his soul. The moment Soojung said the B thing, Jongin didn't think about his image anymore, Jongin didn't think how the employees of restaurant looked at him.

He was broken, he was falling apart.

He felt like he was dying. This was the worst for him, even when Naeun broke up with him he didn't felt this sudden pain. It was only after few weeks when he finally realized how precious Naeun was.

But Soojung was different.

Jongin felt like he couldn’t lost her even before they officially broke up like this. Jongin knew one day Soojung would give up on him. Jongin knew, one day he would lose her.

And today was the day.

He couldn’t be more hurt than this, even if he could, he would die afterwards.

He walked down to his car in very bad condition. When he managed to get inside the car, he took his phone and called.

“Hello?”

“Seulgi..”

“Jongin, what happened? What’s happen with..”

“Seulgi, she left me. She ing left me.. Seulgi,” he broke down on the steering wheel. “Soojung finally give up on me.”

*

 

The morning of Chrismast finally came and thankfully, Soojung wake up earlier as she expected. She walked off of the bed and visit her Grandma’s room, she greeted by a smile from Grandma and also, the nurse that Soojung payed to taking care of her Grandma.

“Good morning, Grandma,” Soojung approached the old woman and hugged her. “Merry Christmas,” she whispered.

“Oh dear, Merry Chirstmas too. I’m sorry I can't buy you anything for this year,” Grandma replied.

Soojung broke the hug and frowned, “What are you saying. Hey, I’m glad my old grandma is getting better day by day, that’s the best for now.”

Grandma chuckled. She felt sorry to her only grandchild, because this was the year when Soojung should face Grandma’s health problem and try to fix everything by herself. And the worst part is, Grandma really didn't have time to go shops and buy something sweet for Soojung.

“Merry Chirstmas to you, Seona,” Soojung smiled to the nurse. “Thank you, Miss. Merry Chirstmas to you and uri halmeoni.”

“So.. let’s be ready for breakfast this morning!”

They walked out of the room, and Soojung was already on the kitchen, preparing breakfast to all the three. Thankfully, she had prepared the ingredients since yesterday so she didn't have to go to market to buy some things. Nurse Seona also came to help Soojung and they started conversations while preparing.

“I’m sorry because you couldn’t spend your christmas with your family, Seona..”

“Miss, it’s okay, really. You’ve told me sorry for hundred times and I’ve told you I don't mind spend time with you and Granma.. that’s my job, afterall.”

Seona moved to Soojung’s place since five days ago, when Soojung brought Grandma to National Hospital of Seoul. Doctor said a nurse should stay with Grandma to take care of her almost all the time and Seona was the one who offered herself to do that job.

Soojung was glad to find Seona. Truth to be told, Seona was a good person and she managed to be patient when taking care Soojung’s grandmother. All could Soojung did to her was giving nice treating on home.

Though sometimes Soojung was moody and sad because of.. him, she still could hide her feelings perfectly whenever Seona was around her.

Ting.

Bell suddenly rang from outside, made both of them turned their eyes to the door.

“Let me check it, can you continue this, please?”

Seona nodded, “Sure.”

Soojung cleaned her hands first on the sink before heading to door. When she opened the door, she found a delivery man stood in front of her with a package. Seconds passed as Soojung took the paper and signed. Later, she took her package and close the door.

“What is it, Miss?”

“I don't know.. there is no name of sender,” Soojung frowned.

She took a seat on couch and slowly unpacked the wrapper. The moment she found out what was inside the box, Soojung frozed on her place.

One piece white floral dress was neatly placed inside the box. Above the floral dress, Soojung also found one CD inside its place with words written on there. THIS IS EVERYTHING I DIDN’T SAY. A note also placed beside the CD, she took it and read the words slowly.

Just because we can't be together doesn't mean I can't love you. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

*

 

“You sure, you still have no plans for New Year? It’s only two days away, you know.”

Sehun stared at the girl he asked, which was no other than Soojung. He expected some proper answer, since he planned to ask her out together. Sadly, Soojung didn't seem to be thinking about it that much.

She shrugged, “I don't know, Sehun. I don't feel like I will go out on next Friday, I plan to stay home with Grandma.”

“You feel bad about leaving her alone?”

Soojung moved her attention from her phone to the model beside her. Sehun looked at her intensely as if he was really waiting to hear the answer. To tell him the truth, it’s not about the case. Soojung one hundred percent sure her grandma is okay if she left home to celebrate new year with some friends. But as she said earlier, it’s not about that..

She felt like she didn't want to go out in near future. She has this gloomy mood since she got the Christmas present from Jongin and of course that bothered her, a lot. Especially after she gave in to hear some songs from the CD, turned out he sang all of the songs, which obviously made Soojung got this feeling again.

She started to miss him, no matter how hard her deny it.

“Soojung,” Sehun called her name once again.

“Yeah. I don't want to leave her alone.”

“She’s with Seona, I think she’ll be okay.”

Soojung’s eyes went back to her phone and check her schedule again. She has one last meeting of the year after this lunch so she must be leaving now. “I am planning to give Seona one or two days off. She hasn’t go home since she came in with grandma, what do you think?”

Sehun finally leaned back to chair and casually nodded, “I think it’s fine.”

A lie. He couldn’t hide a disappoint feeling inside him. Sehun wanted her to go out with him to celebrate New Year Night, after she decline his offer to celebrate christmas together. He respected her decision, though. Maybe Soojung needed time to bond with her grandma, aside grandma is still sick.

But still..

“I’m sorry, Sehun. Maybe we’ll go out later but not now or on Friday. I hope you’re understand.”

“It’s fine, I know you want to spend time with grandma.”

“You can come if you want,” Soojung half heartedly offered. “Anyway, I should be going now, I have another meeting.”

“With the models?”

She stood up and Sehun followed her while taking his phone. “Nope, It’s KiraStyle’s end year meeting.”

Sehun nodded, “I see.. Let’s just go, I’ll take you there.”

They both left the restaurant as soon as possible since it’s almost one past fiveteen minutes and they should be arrived in less than ten minutes.

Ever since Soojung broke up with Jongin, it had become a daily activity for her and Sehun. Sehun would come to pick her up and go eat lunch, or send her delivery box if she didn't have enough time to go out. And Soojung would go home with Sehun at night, not everyday but most of the time it was always like that.

When they finally left, a man finally raised his head and stared at Soojung’s back who’s getting inside Sehun’s car. He eyed them until the car left. The man inside the restaurant sighed and took off his eye glasses.

“I wonder who’s that guy, he looks somewhat familar..” he whispered. Leaning to sofa and took a sip of his drink made his thought flied to the past.

He couldnt help but chuckle at the thoughts when he was still a good friend of her. “Time surely flies so fast, yeah? I used to be weird boy on the school but I’m going to be a father in matter of months. But she hasn’t changed, Jung Soojung still stayed the same.”

 

 

“Thank you for today, have a nice holiday!”

Cheers can be heard from all over room as people stood up from their chairs and bowed down to each other, bidding goodbye and saying early happy new year. The last meeting ended pretty quickly, they started at two and ended around six or less, which rarely happen because they usually spent more time than four hours to discuss everything.

KiraStyle gave three days off for their staffs, includes Soojung so it mean she’s free starts tomorrow until two days later. She bowed down to her boss and gave her best smile as they left the room.

“I saw you comeback from lunch with Sehun,” Seulgi said as she and Soojung walked out of the room together.  Soojung simply nodded, “Yeah, he treated me today.”

“Is that even new?”

“Is Sehun and I going out even new?”

Seulgi stopped her step and crossed her hands on chest, “Soojung, you haven’t told me anything about you and Jongin. I know if you still hurt but I deserve to know.”

“Don’t start. How come you deserve to know?”

“Because I am your best friend, remember? If he hurts you, I have to know. I also the one who introduced you to him months ago, don't forget that.”

Soojung’s heart clenched as Seulgi brought back the topic. Their first meeting, which wasn't that good. She remembered how Seulgi left them  alone and she ended up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter