; XXIV

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXIV

 

 

Time passed so fast; without many people realized about this thing. Sehun was one of those people who counted time—he counted days until the day he had an appointment with Soojung came; that also actually an appointment with Jessica noona.

To put it short, Jessica asked Sehun to help her once again to make them reunite. Jessica would fly to London in three days and fly to other countries for a few months. She wanted to meet Soojung—at least tell her sister that she’s still alive and perfectly fine—before her schedules becomes really tight.

It was a warm morning in October, 23rd. Sehun successfully parked his car in front of KiraStyle right before his phone buzzes—Jessica called him.

Click.

“Yo noona.”

“Yah, Sehun, today is the day,” she greeted; Sehun noticed that anxious tone from her voice.

“I know, I know.”

“Are you sure she will come tonight, eo?”

Sehun got off from his car and locked the door. “I will make it sure, noona.”

“You should do it soon!”

He let out a light sigh, “Noona. I’m in front of her office now, so relax. I will ask her about tonight’s appointment after our discussion about my pictorials.”

There was a long pause from Jessica. She seemed to doubt it a bit but finally give up, anyway. Jessica still believed him despite his personality who oftenly clash with hers. “Fine. I just want to make sure, I’ll just get ready now.”

“Noona,” he chuckled, “It’s still nine AM in the morning, no need to rush everything.”

Sehun showed his id card to the receptionist at lobby then she nodded as she let him to kept going. He nodded back and continued his words, “Listen, everything will be okay. You just have to pray she won’t give a bad reaction when you finally both.”

“...”

“You’ll be fine, noona. I think she’ll be happy to meet you again.”

“If she ever mad at me, you have to explain to her.”

“Sure,” he replied as he walked inside the elevator. They spoke another few things and the line went off.

He waited for a while until the elevator stopped in third floor. The door opened as he ready to walk out and—

“Why he didn’t pick up the call?!”

Sehun raised his head immidiatelly and found Soojung stood not far from the elevator—at the same time, she looked at his direction as she heard TING voice from the elevator. Their eyes met and Sehun noticed worried were all over her face.

“What are you doing—” his voice got cut by her who walked inside and close the door, she pressed ground floor“—yah! What happened to you? Shouldn’t you be inside your room and preparing our discussion?”

“My assistant took over my posistion to lead today’s discussion, I got something to do so I won’t be there and—wait, why are you still here?” Soojung finally took off her eyes from her phone and stared at Sehun, “The discussion will start soon!”

The guy who stood beside Soojung shook his head, “I don't want to be there unless you’re there.”

Soojung frowned, “Don't be stupid, Sehun. You might get a trouble.”

“So you are,” Sehun replied. “I bet my life your Editor didn't know you left your work just now, huh? You seemed in rush.”

TING.

The elevator door opened immidiatelly and Soojung walked out of it without replying Sehun’s question—while the latter kept following her without any hesitation. She didn't look at him, though—Soojung typed on her screen for a while then called someone.

“Hello? Yes, it’s me,” she stopped in front of the zebra cross—so did Sehun—she waited a bit and reply, “Can you please take care of it for a while? I’m on the way there, I’ll pay it when I arrive.”

Sehun frowned even deeper when she continued, “Please, I can't be there right now. It takes more than two hours if I go by public transportation.”

“Please, please, pretty please, I beg you. Would you like to pay the administration fee for me? I’ll pay it double, I promise,” Soojung bit her lips. She waited for a moment then finally looked a bit relieved. “Thank you. Please tell me if anything happens.”

She turned off the call and sighed.

“Is there anything bad happen?” Sehun asked carefully; he had been judging her face just now and he didn't see anything except anxious and worry all over her face. Soojung even looked like she wanted to cry—which Sehun hoped she won’t do that—but then she hold it back.

Sehun hoped she won’t lie this time—“A very very bad thing just happened,” she replied.

Her hands moved to hide her hair behind as wind kept blowing it, making her hair were around her face and looked messy. Her eyes wandered around and for a second, she seemed mad, “Did you know where is Jongin?”

“Why should I know?” he asked back—Soojung looked at him and she had no idea but agree to him, why should Sehun knows anything about Jongin? They were never in good term.

“I tried to call him but he didn't answer it,” her voice sounded hoarse—but she fastly cleared , “I don't know what happen to him lately. He was really hard to approach, maybe because he’s busy.”

Sehun didn't say a single thing, then she continued, “I shouldn’t stay here for too long, ugh.”

“Don't you want to answer my question earlier?”

“Wh-what? Which one—oh,” she nodded. “I should go out of the town as soon as possible, Sehun. My Grandma was found in her kitchen unconsious, her neighbor said she fell because of the floor were wet and, and..” she paused.

Her eyes went red, a drop of tear dropped from her left eyes. She looked away from Sehun’s eyes as she continued, “And they said her head probably hitted the edge of cabinet.”

His face changed transiently. Then he just knew the problem were serious, she won’t left her work if it wasn't that important.

“I should go to Busan as soon as possible, if I am late even only a second—I.. I probably lost her,” she didn't have courage to finish her line. Soojung ended up crying on the street, with Sehun beside her who was still staying on his place.

But, he didn't took much time to drag her—in nice way, this time—and said, “I’ll take you there.”

*

 

Meanwhile at Jongin’s apartment at the same time—wait, scratch that, it was in Naeun’s place—Jongin was helping Naeun who threw up for nth times. Jongin’s hands were holding a towel, then he would give it to Naeun when she finally finished. He was horrified when he heard a voice from bathroom—he checked her as usual before he went to work—then he found Naeun was sitting on the floor, looking helpless as ever. She was pale and it was obvious she had no energy inside her body.

“Feeling better..?” he asked carefully.

 Naeun held the edge of wash basin tightly and shook her head. Even so, she still managed to straight up herself and tucked some parts of her hair beside her ears. “It’s still feels weird.”

“What, what’s wrong? Anything hurt?”

For God’s sake, the baby wasn't even his but he felt like he was responsible to Naeun and the baby. He had that weird feeling of wanting the baby to stay healthy—so that’s why, he need to taking care of its Mom too.

“No, no, nothing’s hurt,” she shook her head, “I want a mineral water.” She turned around and was about to took it on the table and Jongin stopped her, “You stay here.”

Then without saying anything more he left her to pick a glass of water, in less than one minute he came back and give it to Naeun. They stayed for a while—Jongin asked whether she wanted to throw up again or not and she said no—then walked to the main room. Naeun sat down on the couch; looke exhausted as ever.

“You should tell me if you have this kind of things,” Jongin groaned. “No, Jongin. It’s okay, I actually can take care of it by myself but then you suddenly show up.”

“But you didn't throw up few days ago.”

“That’s because I thew up earlier before you came,” she gave a faint smile. “I actually feeling happy because I can experience this new thing, you know? I might be tired and exhausted of throwing up in the morning, but..”

She looked at her little tummy and touch the small bump on there. With lovely stares which suddenly changed whenever she looked at her tummy, Naeun touched and rubbed it really slowly. “—I’m happy, I’m gonna be a Mom.”

Jongin found himself stared at her, and feeling starstruck as he saw her gave a lovely smile to him—which actually she made it purely because of her unborn child, not him.

But still.. his heart skipped a beat. It’s been a while since the last time he saw it.

“How old is the.. uh, fetus?” he looked unsure, but Naeun smiled even bigger. “its still eight weeks old, she is still so young.”

“She?”

“I want a girl,” Naeun replied without looking at him. “Do you think a girl fits for a first child?”

“I always prefer a boy as first child of mine, so that way he could take care of his dongsaeng.”

“Ah,” she nodded lightly, “You used to fight with me about the perks of first child.”

Jongin took a long time to analyze it and agreed to himself. Yeah, back to the time when they still an item, he used to debate a lot with Naeun about their first children. He always wanted a boy while Naeun wanted a girl. He still remembered when Naeun wanted to take her daughter to go shopping, teach her to cook, doing home chores together, and many things—Jongin could list them one by one if he wants.

But that was just a memory now. Sure, Naeun is pregnant but the baby didn't belong to him which that’s mean he didn't have any right to get involved to—

“Jongin?” her soft voice snapped him back to reality.

He looked straight to her eyes, “Yes?”

“Is it your phone who’s ringing? I can hear it from the kitchen.”

His hearing became incisive all of sudden, and she was right, there were buzzes and ringtone played in low volume. He stood up imidiatelly and went to pick it.

Ravi.

Jongin frowned as he picked up, “Hi bro.”

“Jongin,” Ravi greeted him in solemn tone, “Where are you?”

“U-uh, me..” he eyed Naeun who’s turning on the tv. “I’m still at my apartment, why?”

“Aah, really? I thought you’re with your girlfriend.”

His instinct went sharper as soon as his best friend mentioned Soojung. Wait, what happened to her? Why was Ravi need to call him as if it was important? “What’s going on with her?”

“I.. well—actually I’m not trying to get involved with your love life or such but, I just passed Kira office and I saw her get inside a car with a guy—I’m not sure who’s that.”

Jongin looked at Naeun again, this time she was also looking at him, her eyes were like is there anything wrong?

“Did you see the car number?”

Ravi sighed, “No, I’m sorry, boy.”

“It’s okay. I’ll just call her or her office right now.”

“You okay?”

“Yeah,” even now he doubted his answer. Was he really okay?

“Okay then. I’m signing off, bye!”

He didn't wait to reply Ravi and turned off the call. Jongin then walked to the buffet beside Naeun’s couch and took his jacket, “I should go, is it okay for you to be alone?”

Naeun smiled, “It’s okay. Where are you going?”

“It’s a private thing. See you later,” he replied as he turned around.

Jongin left Naeun’s place while checking his phone, he was about to call Seulgi before his thumb stopped moving. 5 missed calls – Soojungie.

Damn.

Jongin called her back for several times while kept walking to the lift. It was useless, she didn't pick up the call. Even until he arrived at the basement, Soojung still didn't answer the call.

“Goddamn, Soojung, pick up the call!”

He stopped right in front of his car on basement, then decided to call Seulgi.

“Hello?”

“Seulgi, tell me where does Soojung go.”

“What the hell, Jongin, at least say hi.”

“I’m serious, you bear. Tell me!”

“Sorry, I don't know, she left even before I arrived and—”

Jongin clenched his fist. “Seulgi. Please. Tell. Me.”

*

 

 

Soojung were sitting on the bench which leaning to the wall—still looking worried more than ever—when Sehun walked closer to her. He sat right beside her as he put a big paper bag on the floor, made Soojung raised her head to him. Sehun were still wearing his famous poker face when he casually said, “Those are for you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter