; XXXIV

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXIV

 

In every book Soojung ever read, she always found herself drawning into the conflict and letting a relief breath the moment she knew the conflicts find its solving. Well, eventhough she should admit not every ending met her like, but at least they always had the ending. Besides, she wasn't the writer. She didn't have any authority to edit nor decide the ending, she was just a reader that supposed to enjoy every words and chapters.

But when she found her own life seemed like a story in a drama, she felt like she should find the right ending. She is the writer of her life, so that’s why she has full authority to decide everything. isn’t it right?

“So, how’s you and him?” her eonni who stood in front of her—Sooyeon’s back on Soojung’s face—suddenly asked out of the blue.

They were inside the department store, the place that Soojung visited only once in a while usually in the beginning of month. Sooyeon asked her if she was busy and fortunately, she just finished the editing of next month’s issue—so here they are.

The previous question from her sister made Soojung stopped her track and look-longingly on her sister’s back. She was just thinking about her authority of her life and here she was, being asked about her relationship with.. him. Surely Soojung knew who was him means, it obviously wasn't anyone but Jongin.

“Have you both made up already?” Sooyeon turned around and smiled, “You’re so attached to him, I guess the answer is yes.”

Few weeks has passed—almost a month, actually—since they both finally met and Soojung still looked a bit uncomfortable around her superior sister. A week later after the meeting that night, Soojung just knew how big her sister impact is, she always goes anywhere with at least two body guards—a pair of woman and man—she always has that emergency phone that she only use in urgent, if that wasn't enough, her sister aka Jessica Jung at least met two persons that suddenly noticed her as Jessica.

Sooyeon, that was the name Soojung still called her sister with, built a conversation most of the time they met, she toned down the intimidacy she had, she looked like she had more freedom everytime she met Soojung. Sooyeon, she was the one who always tried her youngest sister feel comfortable, like today.

“I don't know,” Soojung admitted, “It’s like.. we’re becoming like a glue again but nothing has decided yet.”

“Ah,” Sooyeon obviously disappointed with the answer as she put back a high heels on its place. “You didn't talk about it?”

Soojung remained silent before shook her head, “I can’t be the one who bring the topic.”

“I know, I know. But you can't wait forever, I mean.. I have heard few things about him from Sehun and I don't think he’s good at it. I know you want to wait and find the right time. But Soojung,” Sooyeon paused and took a glance at her bodyguard, “you know what happened before when you choose to be the submissive one.”

They exchanged looks for a while, filling their minds with their own thoughts.

“Go define your relationship, even if he doesn't.”

Then Sooyeon turned around to her bodyguards, “I don't have any new shoes, do you think?”

A woman with black short hair shook her head undoubtfully, “No, Ma’m. You just bought a new stiletto three days ago.”

Sooyeon nodded, “Soojung.”

“O..h?”

“I have better place to shop aside from this place,” Sooyeon then smiled as she took her sister’s arm to walk right beside her. Soojung looked confused at the sudden changing in her sister’s mood. “Where are we going?”

“We’re gonna buy grandma’s new shirt!”

“Huh???”

“And pajamas! And dresses! And shoesss! Let’s buy everything new for grandma, kajja!”

Sooyeon just met their grandma weeks after her presence in front of Soojung, and that was the last time she met her. Sooyeon barely talked about grandma, probably because she’s busy all this time and her mind too attached with fixing her relationship with Soojung. But there was one thing that never change, Sooyeon never forget about her grandma.

*

 

Soojung arrived in front of Kamong around 6.45 PM, well, actually it was her sister’s driver who drove her until here, so basically she arrived not only with herself. She took her plastic bags, and smiled at Sooyeon.

“You sure it’s fine if you go to my place by yourself?”

Sooyeon nodded in excitement, “I can't wait to spend night with grandma. Oh! Anyway, have you brought your new shirt? Make sure you wear that after—”

“I have in my bag,” Soojung cut her with a big smile, “So, see you tomorrow?”

“See you! Take care of yourself, don't do anything weird and keep yourself safe, kay?”

Soojung who already outside the car only laughed as she understood what her sister means. She gave her thumb up to make sure her sister won’t talk about it anymore. They waved at each other before the car finally driven away from Kamong. She didn't take much time and decide to walk in as soon as her sister’s car left her.

Kamong tonight wasn't so crowded, and some waiter and waitress have been preparing to close the cafe soon. Soojung’s eyes scanned the room and found Jongin at the corner. She smiled and walked closer.

“See? That’s her! I’ve told you I can't go home today, Noona,” Jongin desperately explained to Jungah for the nth times about today.

“Yah, you should have told me earlier so that I don't have to come here with Rahee,” Jungah glared at her youngest brother. But the moment she found Soojung stood not far from them, Jungah smiled at Soojung. “You’re Soojung, right?”

As if watching Jongin’s sister here wasn't shocking enough, she heard her name being called by Jungah, the eldest sister of Jongin. She replied “Yes..” with so much awkward and stopped in her place.

“Come here, what are you doing here?”

“Eh.. sorry, I.. thought you don't want to meet me,” she replied in low tone and walked closer to Jungah. She took a glance Jongin as she walk-passing him and murmured, “hey..”

“Ey, why don't I want to? Rahee, go greet the eonni,”

Rahee, who was playing with your straws, looked up as her mom’s order and her eyes met Soojung’s for the first time. It was quiet, and a bit awkward. Rahee didn't smile at all but her face didn't look unpleased at the same time. Her eyes scanned Soojung then eyed Jongin in silence.

“Rahee, this is Soojung eonni.”

She bowed down a bit, “Hello, I’m Rahee.”

Soojung bit her lips as she felt shy, she rarely experience this kind of moments—first encounter with a little girl—so she didn't know what to do. But watching Rahee bowed a bit made herself relaxed and nodded, “Hey, Rahee. My name Jung Soojung, backward or forward it’s still the same.”

“Eo?” Rahee’s eyes once again moved away from her straws, “Jung Soojung.. Jung.. Soojung?”

Soojung smiled widely, “It’s cute, right?”

“Whoa, you have a nice name, eonni.”

“You too, Rahee sounds really good,” Soojung dare herself to do a handsake and—surprisingly—Rahe took it nicely, “Nice to meet you, Eonni.”

Jongin cleared his throat, “Nice, nice, you girls get along really fast and forget my presence in seconds.”

“Stop acting like a little boy, Jongin. Aren’t you going to be ready now? She’s here and you’re not supposed to make her wait longer,” Soojung heard his sister nagged again but she couldn’t stop herself from smiling. Jongin seemed really obedient to his sister as he replied, “Okay,okaaay! I’m gonna be ready in five minutes!”

Jungah laughed as Jongin walked away from them and disappeared behind his room’s door. She tapped Soojung’s shoulder and smiled, “So, how are you? Is thing going fine for now?”

“A-ah, yeah,” Soojung made herself comfortable in seat and nodded, “I guess so.. eventhough we haven’t talked about anything yet..”

“Really? He hasn’t said anything?”

Soojung simply shook her head.

“Aish, that boy, really. He should learn from his mistakes.”

“That’s fine, eonni. We’re going to be fine, I can see he takes everything really seriously and slowly so we won’t make mistakes again,” Soojung paused, “Besides, there are a lot of things happened to us for the past weeks. I have to prepared monthly issues and he’s been busy finishing his project with a western restaurant.”

Jungah nodded in understanding, “I see.. I see, you seem really a nice girl.” She watched Soojung was a bit taken aback with her words so she fastly replied, “I mean.. I believe you really are. What happened between you and my brother in the past is something that you can't control. I am fully understand if you’re broken and left him for your own good.”

“E-eonni..”

“I didn't understand the whole situation but Ican see it happened as your both failure in relationship, that’s fine, sweetheart. To make a mistake and learn by it is fine, that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter