; XXXI

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXI

 

On the way home, Soojung was awfully silent. Nothing slipped out of nor from Seulgi’s. It seemed the latter understand Soojung’s current mood so that she didn't even try to start conversation. They separated when the cab the took finally arrived in front of Soojung’s apartment building.

“So, see you tomorrow?” Seulgi said as she saw Soojung ready to leave. “Yeah, see you. Be careful on the way, Ok?”

“Sure, Jungie.”

“Call me if you need anything.”

Seulgi laughed a bit, “Shouldn’t I be the one who say that? Call me if you feel like you need me.”

Soojung only nodded, after she payed half of the taxi’s payment, she finally got off. She waited until taxi left the road and keep going straight, and disappear from her sight then walked to her room.

Meeting with Jongin and her sisters was something that really unexpected. She thought that she wouldn’t confidentally bump into him but she was wrong. At first she didn't want to think about it, but the whole accident before walk inside studio really bothered her mind.

His eyes and the way he avoided her eyes, it must be impossible if she said she didn't think about that.

When she finally got herself inside her apartment, the whole place already dark. It seemed both Seona and her grandmother had fallen sleep. She walked straight to her room and dropped herself on the bed. Sighing deeply and staring at the ceiling, Soojung felt like a heavy thing inside her heart has came in again.

Did he finally give up on me? Did he finally decide to forget me?

So many thing ran through her mind, but nothing that she could answer by herself. His action today made her confuse, was he giving up? Didn’t he say he wouldn’t give up on her?

Soojung got off from her bed and her eyes were looking at a bunch of flowers that places on the table at corner. They were died as they had stayed there since three weeks a go. She stared at them one by one, slowly, and sighing.

“What is this?” she asked when she was just arrived at her office.

The security man in front of her showed her a bucket of white roses—her favorite—and shrugged, “Someone came here this early morning and he said this is for you, Miss.”

“He? Who’s the name?”

“He didn't tell me, Miss. Take it.”

Soojung stared at them without passion and walked away, “You can keep it by yourself.”

“But Miss—”

“I don't want it! Keep it or throw it away.”

“Miss Jung, he insisted you to take it. He said you can do anything with it but take it first from my hand.”

Soojung was about to screaming to the Security man, but she realized that he had nothing to do with this. So with very heavy hard, she finally took it.

“Don't tell him what will I do about this. Okay?”

“Sure thing.”

And it happened almost every day. Soojung still remembered she threw the first bucket of flowers on the floor at her room. The flower that had dropped, she didn't took until her work hour almost over. She stared at the flower for a long time before finally taking it. She took a deep breath when the flower was on her hand and she slowly let it out.

Ever since then, Soojung decided to keep the flower despite the tease from Seulgi that she got every morning.

The flower that he usually sent in early morning had stopped since one week ago. Soojung wasn't sure by herself, was he finally giving up on her or was it just her thoughts?

Now that Jongin didn't give the reaction she wished, Soojung felt empty.

*

 

As much as Soojung hated it, she admitted that she couldn’t completely erase the memory of meeting him last night. It was beyond her imagination that she would meet Jongin again in such a condition, along with his sisters. She thought at least she would meet Jongin’s sisters in more proper way, not like last night.

Soojung sighed. No matter how many minutes she spent to think about him, it wouldn’t change anything. Everything would remain the same, they broke up and everything is over now.

Nothing is gonna change, Soojung must be sure about it by herself.

It was when lunch almost over when Sehun called her via her phone, which unsual. He usually would come and visit her office without any notice. Calling her instead visiting her since he could come by himself? This is new, at least for Soojung.

“Yeah?” she let out a weak voice. “Are you free tonight?”

Soojung’s eyes moved to the calendar that stood on the table. She had nothing to do tonight. Well, it seemed another night to spend together with Sehun?

“Yes, my project is over so there’s no work to finish. Any plan for tonight?”

“Actually yes,” Sehun sounded a bit tense, but he fastly continued, “I want to talk to you tonight. It is really important so I kind of hoping you wanna come.”

Soojung squeezed her pencil on the hand, what was he talking about? Was he going to confess or something like that? “You are talking to me right now, Oh Sehun.”

“You know that I don't refer to that kind of talk just now,” he let out a sigh, “Just make sure you’re ready on seven, I’m gonna pick you up at your place.”

Another frowns came to her flawless face once again. He usually visited her from her office, this seemed to be the first time he said he would pick her up from her apartment. “My place? You can take me from office like usual.”

“No, no, this is different. We’re going to some fancy restaurant so.. be ready.”

Soojung stared at the window, “O..kay, then.”

“Wear something proper and.. eyes pleasure. This is not unlike usual night.”

And now the woman that sat on her chair shutted her eyes. “I know, Sehun. I really get it.”

“Good. See you soon.”

And the call went off.

She sighed for the second times today. What was it? If Sehun wanted to confess her or something like that, why would he give a lot of clues like that? And no, Soojung wasn't that oblivious of his nice attitude for the past months. She noticed, how nice he became, how good he treated her. She aware of how he tried to fill the emptiness he gave to her and tried his best to make her smile again.

It wasn't just a mere best friend or such, there was something more than that..

But deep inside, Soojung didn't want to admit she knew about that. Soojung didn't want things between her and Sehun went more than just best friends.

So she took a breath, and let it out slowly. Her mind was so full today and it wasn't filled with good things. Better she makes herself busy with works so thoughts about Sehun and.. him will go away.

 

 

At the same time on different place.

“She agreed to the plan,” Sehun said with no emotion on his beautiful face. He dropped his phone on the table and crossed his legs, “Just, don't mess everything up this time.”

The person who sat across him smiled excitedly, “Definitely won’t do it. Thank you, Sehun. I know I can depend on you.”

Sehun simply shrugged. He blanky stare at his phone, feeling guilty all of sudden. He was.. afraid. He suddenly felt this will be the time when he lose her from his hand.

*

 

Jongin stared at the ceiling. His heart felt heavy and it was beating so fast. Something was up and he was actually not ready about this. But moment about last night couldn’t be erased by him.

One thing for sure, words from his sisters were the one that wake him up from being a coward. It should be done since days ago but he was a coward back then. So today, he wouldn’t be like that.

He wouldn’t be a coward again.

His step stopped in front of an admin that he hadn’t face since weeks ago. The girl in front of him raised her head and frowns the moment she realised who was the person in front of her.

“I wanna meet Seulgi Kang, tell her I am waiting here.”

“I am sorry, sir, but Miss Jung didn't allow you to meet—”

“Miss Jung, I know,” Jongin said uneasily. “The one that I want to meet is Miss Kang, and I have made an appointment with her.”

She stared at Jongin undoubtfully but she finally took her phone and pressed Seulgi’s number. “Hello, Miss. Yes, Mr.. Kim is here.”

She waited for seconds and nodded, “Okay, Miss.” She dropped her phone back on its place and eyed Jongin again, “She will come in a minute please just wait.”

He didn't say anything, but he decided to turn back and took a deep breath. When he saw Seulgi and Soojung, he knew he would face Seulgi sooner or later. The eyes that she gave to him, it was full of questions. And as Seulgi faced Soojung, her face went sad and fully of symphaty.

Jongin knew the only person he could ask for a help was Seulgi. She was his best friend and she was always his guardian. He would explain everything and honestly, he hoped Seulgi would—

“It’s still too early to meet me,” Seulgi’s voice made Jongin turned around.

Seulgi was standing in front of him, flawlessly. She was in her office look but her long hair wasn't in bun this time. Jongin noticed how her face went a bit tense whenever they met—and it happened after Jongin and Soojung broke up—and it wasn't something Jongin like.

“Actually, I want you to help me to meet her, Seulgi.”

“No way, Jongin. I can't let you meet her at this hour, she is still busy.”

Jongin shook, “No, she’s not, I know. Please, let me meet her and explain everything that I want to say. Mostly about last night, it was...”

“Are you a stalker of her now, Jongin?”

Seulgi eyed him with glares but Jongin didn't care, “I just know.”

“If you said so, she actually had gone home since one hour ago.”

His face dropped the second she spill the truth. His hopes had broken when she continued, “If you ask me where did she go, I don't know. But she told me she had to go hom earlier because she had an appointment with someone tonight.”

His face went sour, “With whom did she have an appointment?”

Seulgi wasn't ready to spill another truth, but what else she could do? “Guess, you’re stupid if you can't.”

“Seulgi,” Jongin couldn’t hide his impatience to the girl that seems didn't understand he was eager to meet Soojung. “Don't play with me.”

But that girl remained calm, “I didn't. Guess. He is someone that..close to her.”

Jongin frowned and this time he didn't say a thing. His face seemed to think a bit too long but the moment he realise one thing, Jongin’s jaw tightened, “That Oh Sehun?”

A simple nod from Seulgi made Jongin lose all his energy. Did he lose? Was it finally the time he should let her go? It was only last night when Soojung dare herself to make an eye contact with him—which he ignored—after days and weeks she ignored him all the time.

He suddenly remembered his sister’s words last night.

“You are definitely a coward, Jongin. She is right there in front of you but you didn't even take a glance at her. Say, are you planning to throw her away just like Naeun did to you years ago?”

“Shut up, Noona. You don't understand.”

“Of course I don't, it is you who feels. But if you still loved her yet you ignored her like that, it won’t fix anything. You don't do the work, you don't fix the things that should you both fix.”

“She was the one who denied every words and every action from me. She also the one who broke up with me, Noona. Why should I do the work?”

Jungah was the one who replied this time, “You saw her looking at you before we enter the studio, right? If it means anything, it could be two meaning; one, she is still in love with you and two, she wants to talk to you, but you choose to throw away the chance.”

“I’m saying this not because I want you to get married

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter