; I

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I

 

Knock knock knock.

Those sounds came from red stilletos from a woman who walked as fast as she could. Her face remained flat. There was no emotion all over her face. It was as cold as an ice, like it seemed. Her hair was tied up, neat and clean. She was so breath-taking, even for those who were in the same work place as her for almost three years.

People greeted her who she passed in with only a tiny smile. They used to it, since almost people there understand what kind of woman she is. They knew, fact that she wasn't that not-nice, she just simply didn't want to act like one. She was like an ice, since long time a go.

“Good morning, Ms. Jung.”

“Good morning, Lim, how’s DIY Project’s revision I asked you two days a go?” she asked while she walked inside her office. That young lady who probably younger than her, called Lim before, smiled and put a brown map on the table, “As you wish, Ms.”

“That’s good, you can leave now.”

“Is there anything you want me to do, Ms?”

That woman looked up straight to that girl, and made a thin smile, “Let’s just hope you won’t have another session revision for this part, so you could move on to next project and not wasting your time,” she replied in cold tone.

That Lim girl seemed shocked, but in the end she just nodded and bowed to excuse herself out of Ms. Jung’s office.

For a moment, Jung prepared everything before made sure she could sit on her usual chair. She was just turned her computer on when she heard the door opened by someone else. “I don't think scaring your junior in the morning is a good idea, Soojung,” another beautiful woman came in and shoot Soojung right into her eyes.

“I’m not scaring, I’m just simply reminding her about our next project,” Soojung shrugged.

“With your super famous cold tone, really? Why don't you changed yourself a bit?” asked her. Soojung raised an eyebrow, “Why should I?”

They were exchanging gazes for seconds. Since both of them were close to each other, no one felt uncomfortable with the sudden awkward moment. Soojung was the first who break the contact and looked at the brown map Lim gave to her before.

“Please, don't give me those damn speech about my attitude, Seulgi.”

“I don't want to either, Soojung. Anyway, can you please check your email? Mrs. Park already sent us her specification for next project. It starts two weeks again.”

Seulgi decided to sit comfortably on the couch, watching Soojung checked the brown map first. Time surely flies away, she thought. She had been knowing Soojung for almost five years, and Soojung she knew always act like this since the first time they met. She never changed, but something was changing her into her right now; Seulgi was sure about that.

Her phone suddenly vibrated, made Seulgi turned away her head from Soojung to her phone. She checked the messenger and read the chat that came in.

Meet me tonight, at 7pm? I have another nightmare, Seul.

She was about to reply when another chat came in again.

You can bring your friends if you want, my treat

I hate objection, you know that, right?

“Soojung?”

“Hmm?”

“Do you have any plan tonight?”

Soojung looked up from the papers she hold right now and frowned, “Of course. I have to sort the pages starts from now. They’d printed it out in two—a”

“Let’s go home together,” Seulgi cut it out with a grin all over , made Soojung frowned even deeper, “Well, if that’s make me cut my output, sure.”

Seulgi almost shouted in happiness when Soojung agreed on her idea. Yes, Seulgi always made Soojung believe in her without any suspiction—why should she, Seulgi is her best friend after all—made Seulgi easier to bring Soojung out from her apartement at night. Seulgi smiled widely, and she tried to control it, “Sure, Soojungie.”

“What’s with that smiley face? Even I can't smile that wide when i found Lim finally do this right,” Soojung asked almost inaudible, but Seulgi managed to hear it clearly.

“Really? She did what you tell her?”

Soojung nodded and checked the second page, “Exactly.”

“Sounds good,” thats mean you have good mood tonight, Seulgi added to herself. “Anyway, I should go. See you at lunch.”

“Yeah, see you, Seulbear.”

Seulgi excused herself while typing on her phone,

Green Sun Caffe&Bar, 7.30pm. ps; we’re not going to spend the night by only ourselves, J.

**

“We can't do this anymore,” he blurted out. His breathe was running, his sweats were rolling on his face. His eyes shot angriness, and full of disappointment. With all of frustrating feeling he felt all this time, his hand ran on his hair. He felt betrayed.

“You, you were always be the one who blame me didn't give you enough of love. You were always blame me for being careless, you said i didn't give you enough of attention. But, all this time it was you who always cheating behind me,” he was shaking—hard—but he managed to hold himself tight.

However, he can't lost control to a girl. He wouldn’t lose control to someone who weak. Though she was the sly fox after all this time.

“You blame me about everything, but this is the proof, that you don't love me anymore!” he shouted.

He shot death glare to a girl who was standing in front of him, crying as much as she could. But sadly, he won’t fell for it anymore. She was full of lies and he just found it today. Huh, he wanted to say how disgusted she is so badly.

“Jongin, I’m—” she started.

“Save it, Eun. I’m so ing done with you,” Jongin replied harshly before took his coat from sofa and turn his back.

Naeun, the girl who cried since almost thirty minutes ago, walk behind Jongin. Her face was so wet of teardrops, but Jongin didn't mind it even a second. “Jong, look, you know why i did this. Its not my entire fault, its you who always busy with your works and left me alone most of the time.”

Jongin turned his back again, looking more furious than he already is. “And now you blame me again?! You could do something else beside cheating on me!”

“But i want attention! And you never give me that, you fool. I loved you so much most of the time, and you just be there, saying yeah me too and such. Now you blame me because I—”

“Right, you’re all right. Save it for yourself, Son Naeun-ssi.  Whatever your reason is, we are over. Starts from now, and forever.”

Naeun’s cry went louder this time. But Jongin didn't mind it at all, he turned around and walked out from her apartment. The blam sounds of door Jongin just made was the last thing they could hear, before world of both crushed as they knew everything is over now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter