; XXXIII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXIII

 

“Someone told me to keep you alive and safe, someone told me to make you happy so when she comes you’ll be ready. But one thing I just understand, I made myself feeling happy being around you but that doesn't mean you are. And I start to doubt you’re ready,”

“There is someone, back in London. She is my sister’s friend and long story short, she asked me for a help. She was in the middle of recovering back then so she didn't really remember about her past, it took almost two years to make her remember everything from her amnesia. And she is the same person that told me to keep you alive and safe..”

Soojung sighed as she remembered every single words that Sehun said to her before her sister appeared. He had been acting weird since the call he had with her, even until when he spoke about her sister. Sehun wasn't very nice person, but the past weeks and memory about that night kept replaying inside her head and she started to wonder if he actually really kindhearted.

This was the fourth day of her break because of the sudden headline that appeared on internet, but she still hadn’t get in contact with Sehun.

He ignored her calls, her messages, her voice notes, literally everything. She knew she could just ask Sooyeon for help but she doubt Sooyeon would tell her where was him. This could be a part of their plans.. Sehun’s leaving after his work done for Sooyeon.

And it wasn’t like Sehun couldn’t do better than KiraStyle. He could go with Garten or Esteem Agency and sign contract with a lot of magazines too. Sehun was the supermodel the town always talked about, and went to KiraStyle was only to keep an eye for Soojung.

“Daydreaming is becoming your thing again, lately,” Soojung looked up and find Jongin appeared from her right side, “Is it about Sehun?”

She straightened her body as Jongin sat down right beside her. She hadn’t told him anything about Sehun, because she afraid he could go mad again. But then he came all of sudden saying things as if he knew something.

“How do you know?” she simply asked.

“Seulgi told me,” he smiled in victory, “Aaah, it’s really helping to have a friend like her.”

“You shouldn’t bother her that much. She’s pretty busy nowadays.”

“She’s telling me,” he defended himself. “Do you want some drinks or something?”

Soojung shook her head, “I’m not in the mood.”

He stared at her for a while until he smiled faintly, “I know some place that probably he visited, do you want to try visit those places?”

There might be not exact status between them, both of them might not labelled anything for their relationship yet. The unaswered problems between them hadn’t all solved yet, also. But one thing for sure, the sparks between them hadn’t died. It was still there, the looks that he had everytime he looked at her and the fragile faces she alwasys had around him, they were still there.

And they chose to go, to find Sehun and solved unfinished matters between her and Sehun.

During their way to the first place, nor Soojung and Jongin barely talk. It wasn’t because they didn't want to talk anything, it was all because their minds all too busy with the similar things.

Will he be mad because I want to meet Sehun and misunderstand it as I care about him?

Is she trying to find him because her boss told her so or does she actually have something going on with him?

 

Hello, it’s me

I was wondering if after all these years you’d like to meet

To go over everything

They said the time supposed to heal ya,

but i ain’t much healing

Hello, can you hear me?

I’m in California dreaming about who we used to be

When we were younger and free

I’ve forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet

There’s such a difference between us and a million miles

 

“Have you listened to the CD?” Jongin asked out of the blue. Soojung raised an eyebrow and remained silent as she tried to remember the CD that Jongin talked about. He took a glance at her, and noticed she didn't remember it.

“You don't remember, I see,” he fake a sad face. “I shouldn’t sent that at the first place.”

“Oh come on, Jongin, I only forgot about it once.” Soojung couldn’t help but rolled her eyes. “I have listened it, of course,” she continued, “A lot of time to be honest.”

 

Hello from the other side

I must’ve called a thousand times

To tell you i’m sorry, for everything that i’ve done

But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside

At least I can say that I’ve tried

To tell you I’m sorry for breaking your heart

But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

 

“What’s your favorite song there?” Jongin asked as he wanted to know if she really heard the CD. He knew there was no way Soojung would lie, but to ask the detail things won’t hurt.

Soojung seemed to think a bit, she stared at the window, “Hmm, Love Me Again?” she said carefully. “The song is.. amazing, and it is on the last track so I like it how you choose it as the closing,” she continued with pinkish on her face.

“Did you skip all the other songs to listen it?” he asked again with playful smile.

“What? Of course no,” she frowned. “I listen it all day when I’m home, I listen it during lunch break and so..”

“I love If I Ain’t Got You too,” she admitted with more blushes on her cheeks. “I didn't know how a song could make me tear up so much until I hear Maroon 5’s version of it.”

There was coming another silence after her confession. Maybe, just maybe, this way would be much better for them, as if they stopped to care about their ego and put away the selfishness they always, and they became so blunt about many things.

It warmed Soojung’s feelings, no matter how shy she said those things.

“I like their version too,” Soojung turned to him when he spoke, “If I Ain’t Got You is my favorite as well as Love Me Again.”

And if Jongin being asked about his feelings, he would say it felt so warm too.

 

It’s no secret

That the both of us are running out of time

So Hello from the other side

I must’ve called a thousand times

To tell you i’m sorry, for everything that i’ve done

But when I call you never seem to be home

Hello from the outside

At least I can say that I’ve tried

To tell you I’m sorry for breaking your heart

But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

 

They arrived on a small, quiet and untouched park. There were only grounds and few benchs on every corner. On the back of park seattled an small building that looked so  old, even the roof had lossen some of their members. Judged by several glances, this place looked.. dry.

It placed right behind school building that looked so high class. Jongin took glances on the building before driving right to the park. Soojung, on the other hand, felt so unfamiliar about the place.

“This is the park that he always used for dancing,” he said as if he could read her mind that filled with questions. Soojung eyed him with an eyebrow being raised, “Here?”

He nodded, “I might be not a friend of him but this place is popular as his place, only his.”

They got off from the car and the cold winds were the first thing that greeted them. Soojung put her hands inside her coat’s pockets and walked closer, “I didn't think he’ll be here,” her eyes started to scan.

“He told me he doesn't want to dance anymore, so visiting the place that could bring him memories is near impossible.”

Jongin sighed as he looked around as well, “Really? You know him so well.” His words weren’t something she expected to be out, even if that honestly true. She didn't want him to get hurt, but she didn't want him to think she hates Sehun like she used to be.

“I’m just saying what he told me,” she walked to the corner and sat down on a bench. “This place seems cold.”

“Well maybe there are no students that want to come here anymore, they must choose expensive and full sound system studio rather than this to practice.”

Soojung nodded slowly, “That school.. was your high school, wasn't it?”

“Along with Sehun, Naeun and Seulgi,” he agreed without any movements on his face. “Do you want to stay longer here?”

Actually, she wondered if Jongin still in contact with Naeun. It was very out of topic, of course, but she died to know about it since the first time they met again that night. However, asking him about it seems bring no good. She chose to look away and shook her head.

“Let’s head to somewhere else.”

“Alright then.”

*

 

“Kamsha hamnida,” both Jongin and Soojung bowed at the owner of Restaurant and walked out in silence.

“This is the third place we visit today and he’s still nowhere,” he murmured. “Aren’t you going to ask your sister?”

Soojung got inside the car and wore her seatbelt without looking at him, “No, that would be the last thing I do.”

He sighed at her stubornness but choose to not ask further. He knew how Soojung annoyed too, she was pissed off by herself. Her boss must put her in a big responsibility that she started to look unpleased with the whole thing. And he also knew how big is her ego, she won’t ask her sister if she didn't really need it.

Beside, she hadn’t talked about her sister since that day—at least to him.

“How about we visit his step sister place?” he suddenly suggested.

Soojung blinked her eyes several times, “Do you mean Choi Sooyoung?”

Jongin nodded excitedly, “Yes, yes, that one. Don’t you say she invited you to a party at her place few months ago? Do you still have the address?”

“Oh my God,” she gasped in shock. Why didn't she think about it since the first time! She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter