; III

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

III

 

A week and three days has passed. Soojung almost forgot about Jongin and Jongin’s towel which still stayed in a wardrobe at her apartment. It was Friday’s noon, Soojung has just finished a weekly meeting with KiraStyle Magz’s principals. She walked into her room, and sit down right after she put her papers on the table.

The clock showed it’s already 4PM, which is mean, she should wait one more hour to go home. Soojung sighed, her body was actually screaming rest. Right, she barely had proper sleep for the past four days. Since the new project KiraStyle has started, Soojung was one of the most busiest people on their office to make it success.

It didn't mean she doesn't like it. She just need time to rest, or at lest proper sleep for seven straight hours.

Knock knock.

“Come in,” Soojung said while her eyes closed. She thought it would be fine if her juniors came in when she took a rest for awhile, they used to see her take a short nap like this. Then, she remembered she had a promise to check her junior’s works since this morning.

She stood up and turned around, “Sorry for making you wait, Lim, you know we’re all—OH MY GOD!”

Soojung almost dropped off to the floor as she saw a figure in front of her. Someone she didn't expect to come at this hour, in her office like this. She gasped as she stared to her visitor, who’s no other than Jongin.

“What are you doing here?” she whispered, still can't believe the presence of him.

Jongin smirked, “To meet you, of course?”

That girl ran to the door and close it as fast as she could. Then she asked Jongin to sit down on the sofa, “What if anyone sees you?”

“Why? Am I not allowed to meet you here?”

Soojung shook her head, “No, it’s not like that. It’s just..” A guy in front of her smiled again as he leaned to the sofa, “If you’re worrying about Seulgi, I’ve asked her and she said she didn't come to office because of her flu.”

“Yeah, she’s sick since yesterday,” Soojung added. After success gaining her sane back, she finally let out a breathe, “Why are you coming here?”

It didn't spend much time to Jongin for put down a black velvet box on the table, gained Soojung’s frowns, “I want to give your necklace back.”

“What are—OH! My necklace?” She gasped and took the small box, found her lovely necklace inside there. Soojung’s smile appeared without any sign. “I thought I lost it.”

“You took it off when you take a bath in my house, remember? My friends found it when they came to my place.”

“Your friends?! That’s mean they knew about me?”

“Just a little, I didn't say anything related to you,” Jongin assured. He glad he did that, because it seemed Soojung really worried about her presence in his apartment.

She let out a relief, “Thank you. What can I do to return it back?”

The guy in front of Soojung let out a chuckle. He pressed his lips to turn into a smile, just like the way he smiled to Soojung when they started conversation back when they were in Jongin’s place. A smile that actually made Soojung lost her words, secretly.

“You didn't have to return my kindness. Really, what kind of a guy you thought of me, Soojung?”

She seemed taken aback with the way Jongin called her, “I, I thought you want something from me.”

“I don't,” Jongin fastly replied. “Anyway, are you still busy? Do I disturb you?”

“Oh, no, you’re not. I’ve just finished a meeting with principals.”

“So you have nothing to do now?”

Soojung nodded cassually, “But I think I should wait until 5 PM. They don't like workers who go home earlier than the schedule.”

“I see,” Jongin’s smile appear again. “I’ll just wait here.”

Soojung raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

There was a silence when they exchanged gaze to each other. Before Jongin finally replied, “Because you didn't ask me to leave? And, actually I wanna ask you to eat dinner together.”

Oh my God.

“N..de?”

**

They walked beside each other inside a restaurant. Luckily, they went to different restaurant than the last time they met. Soojung bet if they went to the same place, she will recalls every memory about their first meeting—which actually she didn't want to do—and feeling nostalgic.

Oh my, Soojungie, stop thinking to much about this guy!

“Good evening, Sir,” a servant greeted them as they already inside. Jongin nodded, “Eve, can I have a table for two persons?” he casually asked.

“Two persons, checked. Do you smoke or no?”

“No,”

“Okay, this way, Sir and Ma’am,” he said. Jongin gave a sign to Soojung, who was still silently follow wherever Jongin walked. They reached a comfortable corner of the restaurant. A sofa, wasn't so far from the Bar, and yet so close to mini stage for live music there.

“Thank you,” Soojung said as she bowed down. “You don't have to bring me here, Jongin-ssi, I can cook you something in my place,” Soojung said when they both sit down.

“It’s nothing, Soojung. I visit this place most of the time,” Jongin re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter