; XXVII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXVII

 

When night went deeper and sky went darker, Sehun still wide awake. He was lying on the bed, right beside Soojung who was soundlessly sleeping beside him. For the first time, he had a chance to see her peaceful sleeping face. She looked tired, of course, but most of all she looked better than before.

Soojung had been explaining everything what happened between her and Jongin to Sehun. And he had been a good listener, let her explaining with tears on her face without cut it with questions and such.

Thankfully, she’s sleeping now.

He stayed still for a while, until he realized he had spent almost half an hour there, only to watch her sleeping. He stood up, grabbed her blanket and covered Soojung’s body until her neck. With his slow footsteps, he walked out of her room and close the door.

“Do you want to meet him?” Sehun asked for the first time after checking she was no longer in sob.

Soojung looked up and stayed silent, “Shall I?”

“You don't have to if you don't want it.”

“I’m scared he will ignore me...”

“You haven’t try, Soojung. You can't stay silent forever and let your relationship with him sink even deeper.”

Soojung let out a deep sigh. She shut her eyes and hide her face with palms. “I’m at fault.. i know.”

“It’s not your fault. He is also can't control himself, he should be more understanding, what kind of boyfriend is he? He breaks his own promise, that’s just plainly stupid.”

No words slipped out of Soojung’s mouth after Sehun nagged about Jongin.

“If he gets his senses, he will try talk to you. You don't have to go to him, Soojung.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“What if he never comes up?”

Sehun paused a bit, “Maybe he doesn't really love you.”

*

 

 

Soojung stared at the black metal door which standing right in front of her. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Raising her hand to push the bell button, Soojung mentally noted herself she will take every risk she will face later.

But right now, Soojung wants to meet Jongin.

It only last night when she talked things with Sehun and she just couldn’t wait any longer. If Jongin wouldn’t come to her, she would. If Jongin would care to talk to her, she would. She would try to make things work and she won’t give up easily.

She got what made her happy once, and fight that night won’t make her lost it.

Ting tong.

She took out her hand as fast as she could after she pushed the button. She waited for a while, but got no response. She tried again.

And everything still stayed the same.

A frown appeared on her flawless face. Did Jongin perhaps haven’t get home?

“But.. it’s almost nine, he’s usually arrived at eight.”

Soojung stayed still on her place, until a sound from elevator could be heard. She turned around, planned to check if that was Jongin or—

“I’ve called him once and he said he will meet us tomorrow morning. And I give him our address—”

The world seemed stop for the three who was standing right in front of each other. A shock could be seen clearly on Soojung’s face, but so is Jongin. They exchanged glances for a while, before Soojung moved her stares to the woman beside him.

“S-soojung, w-what.. are you doing?”

Son Naeun.

That is her name. She still remembered it clearly, there is no way she will forget name of woman that made Jongin miserable. And Soojung knew her face, of course, Jongin had told her a lot about Son Naeun even before they both became an item. He handed her a full body shot of Naeun that he still kept even until now.

She was in shock. Things were running on her mind. A lot of feeling mixed right now, but she just stood still.

Jongin came closer to her and grabbed her arm “Soojung, let’s talk about this insi—” he couldn’t finish when Soojung pushed him away.

“It’s always her, in the end,” she whispered. Her voice were shaking, unsolid and sounded so weak. She sounded like she would fall on the floor anytime soon.

Without saying a word and looking down on the floor, Soojung walked away as fast as the light.

She could hear him calling her name, she could sense him grabbing her arm—but she pushed away. She could hear his sobs, even looking at his teary eyes for the last time before the elevator’s door closed in right time.

Soojung stood in silent.

And as she expected, she broke down to the floor.

*

 

 

“I’m here, ssh. At least I’m here,” was the only thing that was out of Sehun’s mouth when Soojung opened the door and break down on his chest.

He hugged her tightly, let her sobbing hard without asking anything. One thing for sure, it was all about Jongin. Sehun moved a bit to close the door and stood still with her on his arms. He was still out of breath, but looking her like a mess like this made him managed to control his breath.

To tell you the truth, Sehun had been running from his photoshoot location like crazy after receiving a call that full of sobs from Soojung. The poor girl talked non sense things and murmured something he couldn’t catch perfectly. And of course, that made him worried as . So when he finally finished his schedule, he changed clothes in hurry and choose his shirt only as top.

He didn't want to talk how fast he drove from Gangnam to here. It was...crazy. He drove crazily and Soojung was the reason of it.

Soojung never seen in this state, he swore. She was always bold and rude or at least cold towards people. Watching her crying for the second time—and the worst—like this really broke his heart. He couldn’t stand it, really.

“Are you going to stand up like this the whole night?” Sehun asked in low tone and slowly.

She shook her head and pull herself out of his hug, “I’m sorry.”

“Don't be. Come here, let’s sit down first,” he said as he grabbed her hand to the couch.

They sat down there in silence. Soojung was still sobbing, and it was painful for Sehun to watch. He looked at her eyes in silent, then he dared himself to wipe her hair out of her face. “Do you want to talk about it?” Sehun asked again. “It’s okay if you don't want to..”

“I’m sorry, I... I’m so messed up.”

“Soojung, I’ve told you. Don't say sorry, if you want to cry then cry. There is nothing wrong with it.”

They looked at each other eyes before Soojung sighed and leaned to his broad shoulder. Sehun didn't move, though he was a bit surprise with her action.

That maybe just because she’s so sad and need someone to lean on, he mentally reminded himself.

“I went to Jongin’s place tonight,” she finally said. “I... I prepared a lot, Sehun. I prepared things I want to say and prepared my mental if he didn't hear me. I’ve prepared myself if things didn't work and he still mad at me even if I apologize.”

“But then..it’s all happening so fast—too fast,” she said between her sobs. “She is there, Sehun. Son Naeun is there with him, and I can see she is...” Soojung lost her words and broke down on tears again.

So she finally found it out..

Sehun felt guilty all of sudden, if only he didn't ask whether Soojung wanted to meet Jongin or not, then Soojung wouldn’t have this idea and visit Jongin tonight. Soojung wouldn’t meet Naeun this fast and found out that Jongin is somehow has something with Naeun now..

“It’s okay, let’s just cry tonight and be strong later,” Sehun whispered to her as he slowly rubbed her back, soft and smo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter