; XXIII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 XXIII

 

 

Had you ever feel so down because something happened below your expectation? Like, you thought you’re capable enough then people saying that actually you still need learn and improve your skill. That kind of thing might be happen to you once or twice.

That’s what happen to Soojung right now. Yes, people, you hear me. She was feeling a bit down as Editor Chief said pictorial under her control wasn’t that bad. In fact, it lacks a lot. Soojung could list things they called lacks a lot all one by one, then she decided to just keep it by herself.

She didn't mean to just forget it. She just wanted it to keep buried and let herself check it all by herself.

It was nearly lunch when she drink all mineral water inside her glass then she frowned to the pictorials that includes Sungkyung and Sehun together. It’s Fall Season already, and judging by the results of those photos, her and her work team is quiet good. She hand’t find any flaws on there, except... well.

She gulped.

The colors of Sungkyung’s coat and boot were to colorfull, she admitted. And Sehun’s hair looks weird, like they shaved some part of the left side then keep the rest. She clicked on the other page, find some other flaws that started catch her attention.

Damn, I’m doomed.

It’s early October and they finally released the October Issue this year, which obviously included the pictorials. Now she felt bad to other staffs here. What if she ruined this month’s issue and she should take all the blame?

Soojung closed her eyes and stayed still for a long time until someone knocked on her door, she said, “Come in.” A familar figure who belongs to Seulgi’s walked in, “Are you coming for lunch?”

This is not the right time to enjoy her lunch outside there. Schedules for November Issue’s photoshoot was coing soon and she didn't want to ruin it for twice. She’d better stay there and surfing on internet to find some ideas.

“No, I’ll just take a delivery.”

“Aww, that’s bad. I want to eat lunch with you,” Seulgi pouted. “We’ll do it next time,” Soojung replied as she clicked Safari and typed her favorite fashion source.

“Fine. If you want me to take anything for you, text me.”

“Sure,” Seulgi nodded as she turned around; closed the door.

 

 

One hour almost passed when her phone suddenly ringed in calm tone. She took a glance while typing on PC. Her eyebrows frowned as she found Sehun name on the screen. On the sixth rings, she picked up.

“Yes?”

“Wanna go out for lunch?” both of them never greeted to each other properly whether on the phone or face to face so, Soojung didn't mind get such a question all of sudden.

“Lunch time almost over, dude. Please try next time if you miss me.”

Sehun chuckled, “I thought you’re with your boyfriend. I bet you’re alone, eh?”

“Not your problem,” Soojung paused as she closed a tab on browser. “Also for your information, Jongin isn't always spending his time with me so please, stop.”

“I don't really care.”

“Fine, then you better end the call right now.”

“Actually I’m calling to check you. I heard you get some problem for this month’s pictorial, huh?”

Soojung leaned to the chair, “How come you start act like you care of me?”

“You’re my work partner, of course it’s getting my attention.”

“Now you can drop that attention you have, I’m totally fine with my works.”

She could hear him smirk—and half scoff—even they’re only on the line. “I thought you would tell me the problem, just in case I can help you with some things for next photoshoot, but then that would be useless.”

“Hmm, if I ever told you the problems, how could you help me?”

“That’s why I ask you for lunch, things might worked if we try as soon as possible, Soojung.”

Soojung couldn’t help by roll her eyes, “Seems like someone is trying hard to meet me asap, hm?”

“I’m just trying to help you, cold brat.”

Hearing that made Soojung laugh, “Okay okay, what if this noon? I have no plan with anyone so—”

“Nevermind, I have photoshoots for Dope Dude around three PM.”

“Aw, Sehun Oh is getting busy these days.”

“I always am,” Sehun replied in proud. “I gotta go, cold gurl. See you in hell.”

“See you in hell, devil,” she sticked out her tongue as she pushed the off button.

That guy was really something, Soojung admitted. She had no idea how come she get closer with someone who used to be someone she hated a lot during their first encounter. But yeah, things changed and everything a bit different now.

One thing she knew, Sehun wasn't as dangerous as she thought. Thanks God.

*

 

 

“See? I told you, noona.” Sehun sighed as he dropped his phone on the glass table. “There’s no way she wants to meet me personally out of work.”

The woman that sat in front of Sehun could only stay still.  She was wearing her own design night glasses yet Sehun still found her face changed in seconds. Jessica was so excited at first, but then her hopes crumbled. There was no way she could meet her sister soon, Jessica aware of that.

Judging by what she wear, Jessica looked like she’s only hanging out; with Slouchy Stripes Top by Wal G and Ella Skinny Raven Black by Marc Jacobs Sehun could say she’s pretty comfortable with herself right now—which is a rare thing, since Jessica’s a business woman a lot of people expects her to dress formally and properly.

“She’s also has a lot of works to do, I bet my life she doesn't want to go out unless it’s really important.”

“But she offered her time back then,” she shot a stare to him. “I can hear it.”

“I doubt she’ll really go if I say yes. She just felt a bit guilty to me, out of it, she doesn’t want to go.”

“Fine, fine,” Jessica groaned, “You win. But this month is the last time I visit Korea. You know, I have business trips around Asia, some cities in Europe and US for next four months. There’s no way I can meet her until.. March?”

Jessica’s exciteness disappeared as fast as a cheetah runs after its meal. She must be feeling teribbly sad just because she couldn’t meet her sister after years passed. Sehun knew her more than anything, he was there when Jessica got her memories back.

“It’s okay. I still can help you until that time.”

No, it’s not like that. Even Sehun knew that fact; Sehun could help her anytime she need help. But that’s not the real problems. Jessica had—“I have been waiting for around nine years to get my memories back, two years to get it to the fullest and.. it’s been two years since we agreed to our agreement,”

Call Sehun as cold as ice, as rude as uneducated person, call him anything you want, but he still could sense a sadness from Jessica for years—he was also feeling sad whenever someone brought up this topic. It was too sensitive. Sehun found himself still trying to not show any symphaty—which always failed.

“I’m afraid, the longer I left her alone the more she’ll hate me. There’s no way she still accept me like she used to, after she knew I’m living this way.”

This. Jessica always blamed herself for being adopted by Jung family, got very well education from South Korea then London and flied to Shanghai for Jung Corps.

What would Soojung think if she know her sister is perfectly fine while she’s living by her own? What would Soojung think if she found out Jessica flies from country to country, giving foundation and building her own brand in Shanghai, while Soojung is just a merely an Editor in a so-so Magazine?

“It’s not your fault. Ugh, come on, noona! Don't make me tear up when I should leave in few hours. I don't want to look bad at camera.”

Jessica eyed him for a moment then nodded, “Fine. Whatever, I know you don't help me much for these things.”

“Noona!” he groaned. “Stop that, I try my best to get close to her. You should know my pain when I should face her boyfriend who’s no other my enemy.”

“Oh, that Jongin guy?”

“Don't say his name in my face.”

“Tch, you’re so weak. Don't mind him, he used to be your enemy in high school. Look at you now, you’re an adult now, kiddo!”

Sehun rolled his eyes, “Yeah, yeah. I am an adult yet you still call me kiddo.”

“That’s because you’re still younger than me, arra? Now, order me a Caramel Macchiato.”

“No.”

Sehun got a death glare as long as he refused it. “I’ll call Dope Dudes to cancel your schedules.”

“Noona!” once again, he half groaned half shrieked.

*

 

 

Days passed after Sehun asked Soojung to go out together—which actually he did that in purpose to unite Soojung and her one only sister. Soojung still oblivious as ever, of course, she had no idea that Sehun is related to Sooyeon, her sister—heck, she didn't even knew her sister is still alive.

Soojung had presented her concept for next month’s pictorial. For your information, Soojung didn't sleep for straight two days in order to do some research and prepared everything. Even if it’s not enough four days before, Soojung’s sleep time decreased a lot only to check and previous Winter’s edition. That’s why she hadn’t meet Jongin for more than a week—but that’s not her focus now so she didn't really mind.

Anyway, speaking of Jongin, he still hid it from Soojung—and Soojung still being oblivious from the fact that her boyfriend’s ex is living on the next place as his. Jongin hadn’t plan anything to tell her—he promised to explain to Soojung the condition, but definitely in near future.

Back to Soojung, she was discussing next month’s pictorial with her team, the models, some designers and this time, photographer is included—which is no other than Lee Donghae.

“Sooo, as I said earlier, we’re going to go casual look on winter. And of course, denim is a must item for us. I have the draft here,” she took out some papers and showed to the others. “Six of eight solo shoots here wears skinny denim. As for light blue denim, we have two solo shoots, washed demin for two and d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter