; XXVIII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

XXVIII

 

It had been awhile after Soojung found out about Naeun living next to his apartment. He knew he crossed the line, he knew she will be very upset. But one thing he didn't expect was, the silent treatment Soojung gave to him. It has been more than one week, Soojung didn't contact him nor replying or answering his call.

She was avoiding him, harder than he expected. She left earlier than usual, she became busier day by day, she went to several places—related to her works, of course—more often; anything she would do except meet Jongin face to face.

He sighed for the nth times. He stared to his phone for almost thirty minutes straight, but there was nothing from Soojung.

Seulgi told she had spoken to Soojung to text him first, just because Jongin was desperate to talk to her and he had no idea other than seeking help from Seulgi.

Yet, Soojung didn't call or text.

Well, it’s almost ten already. He believed she is home already.

Jongin had decided. He would come to her place and meet her, eventhough Soojung won’t give in that easily. That’s okay, Jongin thought. It’s flight or fight. So, he took his sweater and his key car then rushed out of his apartment.

The only thing in his mind was Soojung. It was and it’s still her.

 

 

He drove really fastly and reached her place in less than twenty minutes. What a surprise, but that’s not the right topic to think. Jongin walked out of elevator and went straight to her place.

Another thing he didn't expect, was founding Sehun stood in way too close to Soojung; they silently exchanged look between their eyes. Jongin’s jaw went tighter and his fist clenched. He walked closer and grabbed Sehun’s collarbone immidiately.

“What the are you doing in front of my girlfriend’s apartment?!” he half screamed, frightened as ever.

Sehun only replied with a smirk, gained a punch from Jongin to his flawless jaw. Sehun was falling down, a shriek from Soojung could be heard. Everything went fast—too fast, even—Soojung was dragging Jongin out of Sehun’s reaching and screaming loud. There, Sehun stood up with his infamous annoying face.

“What the hell, Kim Jongin?!”

“You stay there!”

“No, it’s you who stay there!” Soojung grabbed his wrist, but as expected she was lost in energy compared to her boyfriend.

Jongin was furious. He dragged her and pushed her to the wall, sending a deathful stare to Soojung. His heart was beating so fast, his breath could be heard clearly. Obviously, he was mad. He hadn’t see her in one week but then he found out biggest enemy was there with her.

What the hell is going on, he thought. She wouldn’t cheated on him, would she?

“J-jongin, t-that’s hurt...” Soojung tried to get out her wrist offf him—only made Jongin held her tighter. She groaned, “Let go of me! it’s hurt!”

“NO!” he shouted back and that made her stuttered.

“Let go of her, Kkam. You only hurt your own girlfriend,” Sehun—surprisingly—calmly said.  He patted Jongin’s shoulder, “I said, let her go.”

He finally gave up. After shooting last stare to her, Jongin dropped off his hand. Then he turned around, met Sehun’s usual poker face.  “What are you doing here?” Jongin harshly asked.

“Shouldnt I be the one who ask you this? What are you doing?”

“I’m her boyfriend, of course I can come whenever I want!”

Sehun laughed in a no manner way, “Boyfriend? What kind of boyfriend are you? Are you telling me you're her boyfriend when you don't even know what’s going on with her life?”

Shot.

Sehun smirk’s as he noticed Jongin’s face changed a bit. He looked annoyed, but mostly, Jongin looked he was agreeing Sehun. “You can beat the hell out of me, Jongin. I’ll let you punch my perfect face for thousand times but,” Sehun’s eyes moved to Soojung.

“I won’t let you make a tiny pain on her.”

Then he simply walked passing Jongin to Soojung, Sehun patted her arms, “I’ll go home. Please consider my offers before, okay?”

She only replied with a nod; noticed that Jongin’s eyes was watching them both ever since Sehun left his side. When Sehun finally gave a nod and last touch on her arm, he left. Everything went silent after that, Sehun turned to the left and there were only her and Jongin now.

“Please leave, I am tired now,” she said without even looking.

His hand was the one that hold her when she turned around,  “Wait. We need to talk.”

Soojung sighed, “I don't want to talk, Jongin. Besides, there are nothing to talk about.”

“Yes, there are. A lot.”

Jongin grabed her hands and walked inside her apartment, making her upset. Soojung followed behind with a deep frown. She closed the door.

“You are not allowed to be so rude walking in without asking me, Jongin.”

Jongin turned around, “Why should I ask you? I’ve been walking inside this place without asking yet you never feel bothered. Why now?”

“Because I don't want to see you here now.”

“Yet you let him standing in front of your place there?” he raised his voice.

Soojung looked away. “Are you coming here to picking a fight with me?” she asked with cracked voice.

It’s been a painful long time waiting to see her, yet Jongin had to be the reason behind her sad face again. Jongin was almost dead in waiting for her reply, yet he had to be the reason behind her tears. He used to be someone who protected her, but now he is her pain—

“I’m sorry,” he softened his voice.

He didn't want to lose her. He didn't want to look like he lost. Yet he lost without her.

“Soojung, please look at me.”

She walked away as he tried to approach her.

“Soojung, please.”

“Don't come to near me.”

She hid her face under her hair, looking down to avoid his eyes. Soojung sat down on her comfortable peach porch.  Jongin frozed in his place, his eyes looked straight to Soojung. She was shaking, her body was terribly shaking. Jongin stayed in his place for a while, feeling so lost. It was broken, everything between them was broken. Worst part, he was the reason of it all.

“I’m sorry I didn't tell you earlier,” Jongin finally said. “I just—I don't know how to say it without hurting you. I’m sorry. I know I’m wrong, it’s all my mistakes.”

Tears escaped her eyes even harder as ever. She didn't even try to hide the sound of her crying anymore. It’s been really painful for her, to see him paying more attention to another girl than her. It’s been really painful for her, to try find out what was her mistake when it’s not hers, after all.

Jongin walked closer and finally fell on his knees, right beside her.

“Please, tell me how to fix it. I will do anything, as long as you forgive me, Soojung. Please, I beg you.”

“Anything?”

“Anything.”

His voice was solid. He promised and swore to himself he will do it. He just have to wait her answer and everything will be fine, even it’s mean he should let Naeun—

“I’d be very selfish if I want you to do as my wish, Jongin,” Soojung said in shaking, “I’d do anything to be your everything. But, it’s..” she gulped, “It’s impossible. I know I can't be your everything.”

“Soojung, don't,” he hopelessly said.

“I don't want anything from you, please just leave.”

He blankly stared at her, never felt so numb like this. She told him to leave, just like that. She told him to leave, like he was nobody.

“L-leave?”

“Please, leave me alone.”

*

 

 

Soojung’s face fell down on table as soon as she arrived in a cafe. Sehun’s eyes were following her ever since she walked in. He just couldn’t take his eyes off of her. Soojung was closing her eyes, let out a hard breath.

“What happened?” Sehun asked.

“I feel tired,” she replied. “Like, really, really tired.”

“Then just go home.”

“I told you, I don't want to go home. It’s only making my mind even more exhausted.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter