; XV

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XV

 

“Jazz class is going to start soon,” Jongin whispered in happy voice. He leaned closer to the girl beside him and took a deep breathe, “See you soon, baby girl?”

The girl who is no other than Naeun nodded with big smile on her face. Her face went red, but that’s okay, Jongin always made her this red. She couldn’t control her pink tint on her cheek whenever Jongin around. “See you soon. My baby boy will be more careful, right?”

Jongin made a sound of happy laugh, which Naeun always like. “I will,” he said before peck her cheek then walked out of the unused room.

Naeun waited for almost five minutes after he left then she left the room too. Her eyes moved around from side to side, only to make sure there was no teacher walking or hanging around the area. In the end she let out a relief since there was no on nearby. With wide smile on her cheek, she left he room she always used with Jongin to met every break.

The jazz class hadn’t start when Jongin arrived—thanks to his long legs—he walked to his locker which was located in a room on the other side of class. There was no one, luckily. Jongin opened the locker, then took out his shoes which he always used for this class.

Click.

Jongin turned his head when he heard sound of door opened, only to found poker face of Sehun right behind the door. Sehun looked expressionless—and heartless—as always.

“Oh, the dance king is here,” Sehun said with boring voice, without waiting any reply of Jongin, he turned his back and close the door  only to left the room.

It was always like this. Jongin only sighed before he took out some other things and put his bag on his locker. Then he walked to a corner to wear his shoes. Jongin sat down, put his shoes on the floor. Without any hesitation, he wore his shoes on his foot.

One, then he wear another one. Jongin frowned when he felt something weird inside, but then he ignored it. Nothing gonna happened anyway, he shrugged to himself. He stood up, took a step, ready to practice and—

“AGHH!”

On the next second his body collapsed on the floor. Jongin looked lost for a while, his eyes went teary and so much hurt painted on his face. He tried to stood up and—“Arghh—ah, !”

“Yeah, I heard they will gi—Oh my God! Kim Jongin!”

“Jongin-a, gwenchannayo?”

“What happened?!!”

So many voice could be heard by people who suddenly came and came pouring around him. He didn't really pay attention, the only thing he worried right now is his foot. His friends tried to opened his shoes slowly, really slowly. He let out a groan when he felt another scracth on his palm.

“ Man, his feet are bleeding!”

He groaned again, “I’m fine, I’m fine. This is just a small scracth—”

“Small? How could you call this small? Your feet are bleeding so much!” Captain of his class replied angrily, “Someone called Park Songsaenim, right now!”

Jongin closed his eyes. It hurted him, a lot. It was so painful even he’s hard to think normally. He couldn’t think straight, the only thing he felt right now was only pain on his feet and—

“Jinyoung, how about..jazz competition of this year?” he whispered.

“You can't do it, Jongin. You’ll only hurt yourself even more.”

“No, no.. i’ll be fine, right? this..is just.. a simple wound and I still could dance for it,” Jongin said hopelessly, gained more symphaty from his friends around him—which he hated—who’s trying to cheering him up.

“No,” Jinyoung replied sharply. “Push yourself one more time then you can't dance forever.”

And the sky fell right into him, the Kim Jongin.

 

 

“Kim Jongin-ssi?”

A strange voice snapped him back to reality. He turned his head and blink several times to the woman who’s in charge of administration of KiraStyle. Jongin raised an eyebrow, “Ne?”

“Miss Kang just finished her meeting, do you want to meet her personally or not?”

“Ah, please tell her I’m waiting here right now.”

“Please wait a moment,” she replied.

Jongin watched her doing her task for a while, then looked away. Today is Tuesday, a work day for most of adults, but for him today is still counted as holiday. Jongin was still on his two months break until next two weeks. He still had a lot of time to rest but he already missed his office.

His office room, his caffee, his kitchen, his customer, his employees.. he missed them.

“Minjeo-ssi, you look pretty today,” a familar voice made Jongin looked up. There, Seulgi looked neat and clean with her white shirt and pale brown shirt. Her hair styled up made a pony tail on her head. “Oh, Jongin, sorry for making you wait.”

Jongin smiled, “It’s okay, I’m just arrived fiveteen minutes ago.”

Seulgi made a face, “That was long.”

He shrugged, “I’m fine with that. Anyway, are you busy? I want to talk something with you.” Seulgi laughed when she heard that, “Uh, how to reply this? I’m a worker so of course I have things to do?”

“Please, I need to talk to you right now.”

“Then let’s move to my office, Soojung is still—”

“We need to talk, only the two of us,” Jongin said sharply. “I..know she’s still meeting, she told me last night. That’s why I meet you now, because I know you’ll finish your discussion sooner.”

Seulgi stared to her best friend for a while. She tilted her head with a frown, trying to judge the tall guy in front of her right now. The only thing she found was his serious face and sharp stares—this is so rare—and this made her wonder. She touched his arm slowly then grabbed him to walked away from people, “What do you want to talk?”

“Oh Sehun,” he simply replied.

*

 

Two cups of coffee were put on the table by a waiter. Seulgi nodded and mumbled thank you to him, while Jongin only looking straight to the girl in front of him. Seulgi looked at him then  smiled, “Go take a sip first, you look like you want to kill people right now.”

“Well mentally I want to kill him,” he replied casually.

“You heard me, Jongin. I told you that I also don't know how could he appeared in my office after years passed,” Seulgi took a pocket of sugar then scratch its edge. She slowly pour the sugar inside her coffee, then stopped when its left only half of the sugar, “I really wish he didn't stalk me or something.”

“I wish that too, but that sounds impossible,” Jongin mumbled. “I mean..he could probably stalk me then he found out you currently working here and then.. he.. decided to work here, right?”

Jongin straightened his body and leaned closer to Seulgi. “I have a feeling he still hold a grudge to me.”

Seulgi eyed him while taking sip of her coffee. She didn't say a thing so Jongin decide to continue, “I actually think it’s stupid. But..again, you should remember there is nothing impossible if it’s about Sehun.”

She nodded, “He looks brainless but he is smarter than we think.”

“Exactly.”

Jongin sighed, his head went lower and he rubbed his face frustatingly, “I’m scared if he’ll do something bad to Soojung. I can't stand it.”

“Me too!” Seulgi confessed. “I warned her already, but I’m still scared if something slipped out of my attention. That girl seriously need someone who can accompany her most of the time.”

“I need to do something to protect her,” Jongin said in low tone which made Seulgi frowned, “What do you mean?”

“I’ve gave thought about this and I think I will do it soon,” Jongin paused. “I will confess to her soon.”

For the first time, Seulgi’s eyes went brighter today. She almost smiled widely to think the image two of her best friend became one, when suddenly she felt a weird feelings inside her, “Uh...”

“What?”

“A-aniyo,” she replied suddenly.

“Spill it out, seulbear.”

Seulgi sighed, “I don't think that’s a good idea, Jongin. I mean, yes, I’m happy if you finally confess and both of you are happy. That’s what I want to happen since long time ago. You both have same aura and seems you both enjoy the presence of each other, that’s good..”

“But?”

“But, I don't want you to lie to her and yourself.”

His eyebrows frowned, “I’m not.”

“I’m just scared, Jongin. Come on, please think straightly and be as sane as possible. Do you confess to her because you really want her to be yours and loves her all you can do, or, do you plan to confess because you scared there is something weird about Sehun towards her and you scared he will her hurts her?”

Jongin went silent. “See? Even you need time to answer that,” Seulgi gave a stare to him.

He shook his head, “This sounds cheesy but, Seul, I do love her for real and because I’m scared she will get hurt I want to protect her as much as I can do. You know, when you fall in love the only thing you want to do is making sure the person you love is completely fine.”

“That’s too cheesy,” Seulgi shook her head with a smile. Jongin is being Jongin, again.

“I know,” Jongin replied casually. “I’m going to come back to my works soon and I’ll be really busy. I want her to know what I feel towards her before I mess up things, Seul.”

“You sure you don't push things too fast between you guys, do you?”

“I don't push anything too fast,” he defended. “For the past months she makes me realize that I should love my self and love someone new. She is that someone new, and I..think,” Jongin went red before saying this, “..she is more than just that someone who I met randomly. It’s hard to explain but I’m sure she is the one.”

Seulgi gave a long stare before she crossed her arms on chest. Her eyes suddenly wandering around cafe near her office. Since it’s still work hour  so there was not many people around. Only several people and even an ahjumma visiting cafe. Seulgi loves this place, but suddenly she felt she want to walk out of this room soon.

“Do you against my feelings? Why are you becoming silent after I say that?” Jongin’s voice made her looked back to him.

“I don't have anything againts you, Jongin. If this is a good choice for you and Soojung then I’m happy,” she paused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter