; XXI

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXI

 

Jessica was standing in front of the table silently. She didn't move a single bit since ten minutes ago. Her eyes longing to her front, but it seemed empty. Don't mention her expression, it was empty as well. She stayed still, remembering the party finally ended since half an hour ago but she didn't came.

As expected, Soojung didn't come.

Jessica closed her eyes and sighed. Her first try officially failed. She had expected it before, though. Jessica knew Soojung probably won’t come  because she didn't knew Sooyoung personally, so what could Jessica expect?

Soojung is an introvert person, you knew that. “I know,” she finally said to herself.

“Are you sleeping over again, or not?” Sooyoung asked, she had changed her outfits with more comfortable shirt and shorts.

“No, oppa said he will take me back to Shanghai tonight.”

Sooyoung sighed, “Right, why should I wish something better, though. You both always have  been busy people.”

They exchanged look for a while, before Sooyung leaned her back to the freezer and judging Jessica’s face. “Don't be so disappointed. You know she will choose her boyfriend over my party.”

Jessica flinched a bit as she heard boyfriend word, “I know, Soo. Don't make it so obvious.”

Sehun had told them both about Jongin and Soojung being an item. Sooyoung hadn’t meet Soojung personally but she knew them through Sehun’s story, and of course, Sehun told Jessica the exactly same story about them since he is Jessica’s person.

“I wonder why don't you just appear in her office and tell her that you are her sister. She will be happy to see you again, you know?”

“Do you think so?” Jessica stared at the taller woman in front of her, “I don’t think its a good idea. I told you my reason why I do this few months ago,” Jessica glared.

“Still, you’ve been waiting for years to meet her.”

“It’s okay. I know she won’t be glad to see me still alive, and perfectly fine like this. Compared to her though life, I have everything with me.”

Sooyoung only nodded, she had been hearing same old things about Jessica’s past and her sister, Soojung, pretty much since they became best friends years ago. Sooyoung clicked her fingers suddenly, “Ah, you know what?”

Jessica tilted her head, “Mwo?”

“I heard Sehun invited Donghae to come here. They became co-workers now after he signed with KiraStyle.”

Jessica stayed still. “He didn't come tonight.”

“You guys haven’t make up? Geez, it’s been more than two freaking years!”

“Do you think we still can be friends after what happened?” Jessica asked in low tone, then picked up her pursue ready to go, “I will go to Yunho oppa, we will leaving in fiveteen minutes so.. see you again?”

Sooyoung smiled, “Don't you want to hug me?”

Jessica shrugged, “I’ll just do that when I am finally out of your place. Anyway, please take care of her, okay?”

“Tell Sehun about that, not me.”

Jessica turned her back and walked away, “That brat doesn't hear me well.”

*

 

 

“So that’s how you both finally become official? Oh, how sweeet!” Jinah said in husky voice. Her head was moving back and forth slowly as she started get drunk.

“That’s really really sweet. You know, Chan asked me on a date when I just finished my part time job in a cafe, and sheeetzz we’re pretty much unseperatebale ever since then.”

“I bet he is far from sweet talker, Han?” Gayoon asked

Hani nodded to Taeyeon, “He is arrogant, stupid, too loud, and annoying as hell. Just like what you see on him today.”

“Yah, I can hear you!”

“I don't care, big ears!”

Chorong who was the least drunk one could only rolled her eyes. She didn't drink much yet, thanks God, since Junmyeon keeping eyes on her always. “Confessing on a ferris wheel is just—amazing, how could you still alive after that?”

Soojung, the one who just finished her story with Jongin—in drunk state, of course—chuckled and pointing a finger to Chorong. “Eonni wasn't there. I was almost die after the kiss—oh God,” she paused before pink blushes appeared on her face, “I love his lips.”

“WHOOOAA”

The girls giggled after hearing stupid confession from Soojung, which probably they could only hear when she’s drunk. Soojung who had been drunk laughed along with the girls, she didn't know that her boyfriend was being ridiculously red on his face, sat down not far from her.

“I don't know she could be this shameless,” Kyungsoo teased with a smirk.

Jongin hid his face with hands, “Ah seriously, she talked too much!”

“You better take her home, it’s almost midnight already,” Junmyeon suggested this time.

Tao clicked his fingers, “Hyung, they probably end up on bed together!”

“YAH!”

The boys laughed at Jongin’s reaction. Wufan who was beside Jongin, patted him and said, “Go home, kid. She must be more ashamed if she remembered this next morning and still reveal everything.”

Jongin who—thankfully—had high tolerance with alcohol finally followed his hyungs advice. He was sober enough to approach Soojung and grabbed her arms, “Let’s go home,” he whispered.

“Huh?” Soojung opened her eyes a bit, just a bit.

“It’s late night, come on.”

Soojung shook her head, “Really? But why do I see light around here?”

This time, Chorong hold her laugh, “That’s because you see lamps, girl.”

“Come on princess, stood up,” Jongin said as he ignoring Chorong.  This time, even with a groan, Soojung finally stood up and took her bag with her.

Jongin put her arms on neck and make sure she could walk slowly along with him by her side. Chorong helped him a bit, making sure none of her things left out on the table.

“She reminds me of her, you know that? She has low tolerance of alcohol too, just like Soojung,” Chorong smiled.

Both Chorong and Jongin looked at each other, before he shook his head. “I don't remember anything about her other than Soojung, noona.”

Then Jongin walked away, unaware that Chorong’s smile disappear as he said those words.

 

 

When they finally arrived on parking area, Jongin put down Soojung on passanger seat. He helped her to wear her seatbelt, taking off her bag and put it on back seats. Soojung’s eyes closed ever since they left the restaurant. She murmured something Jongin couldn’t catch, but he didn't mind it as he thought she fall asleep already.

Jongin went inside the car, turning on his car silently.

“Jonginnie,” he tilted his head, “You’re still awake?”

“Hmm,” Soojung blinked her eyes a bit, then moved closer to his seat, “Where are we?”

“My car, we’re going home, Soojung.”

Soojung’s eyes perks up and looking at him, “Wait, ommo, you’re so handsome.” Her hands touch side of his face and rubbed it slowly, made Jongin turned red again.

“Yah, you’re drunk.”

She stared for a while and gave Jongin a heart attack with her lovely giggled, “Jinjja? Ah, Jongin looks better when I’m drunk.”

Jongin couldn’t help but laughed together with her. “You’re expressing your feelings better when you’re drunk, too.”

“Hmm, really? Do I look cuter?”

“Nope, you’re a lot cuter than ever when you just woke up.”

Soojung didn't smack Jongin’s arms like she usually do when she’s sober, instead she laughed. She seemed in happy mood, judging by her eyes and smiles.

“Kim Jongin,” she called. “Do you still mad at me? For being selfish, acting like my plan is more important than yours?”

Jongin knew what she mean, she was talking about Sooyoung’s birthday party tonight. He knew, little deep inside her heart she wanted to come for KiraStyle’s pride. She just didn't say it loud. Her actions yesterday was enough. She walked out of his car with straight face, which something she always did when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter