; II

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

 

The light of sun that tried to take a peek behind the curtain made Jongin blinked his eyes. He turned around and hide himself with the blanket; sadly, he didn't get it. Instead, he felt a soft skin under his hand. Slowly he rubbed it. As smart as he is, Jongin opened his eyes and found himself was in the same bed with a stranger—scratch that, she wasn’t a stranger, he knew her. Jongin’s eyes almost popped up as he found his legs were already on the girl’s legs.

He took off himself from her and tried to sit on the bed. Unfortunately, before he could move, that girl he just met blinked her eyes and—

“AAAAH!!!”

 

 

“Oh jeongsonghamnida. Jinjja jeongmal jeongsohamnida,” Soojung said for the hundred times already.

As fast as she found out herself slept on the same bed with stranger, she became shocked and got off of the bed. She kept bowing down, saying same things to Jongin who was actually didn't have any idea how could they end up on the same bed. Luckily, their clothes were still on. Soojung bit her lips as she rubbed her hair in frusration.

“I’m really sorry, Jongin-ssi. I, I didn't know why,”

“It’s okay,” Jongin cut her off. He pressed his lips into a thin smile, “Do you want coffee or tea?”

Soojung seemed lost for a second. She stood up from sofa and tried to found the best words, “I think I’ll just go right now. I can't be late to go work.”

“You can't, do you want people look at you?”

“Huh?”

Jongin pointed at the mirror, as he smiled. He turned back to prepared breakfast for both of them, “Look at yourself. You wouldn’t want  people stares at you, would you?”

Though she really embarrassed, she checked herself on the mirror. She found himself on the same clotches she wore yesterday, her hair was looking horrible, and plus, her face looked so red—it could caused the embarrassed moment this morning, or its just her bare face—made herself think she was somebody else at first.

“Aish, how could I lost consiousness last night. You’re so stupid, Jung Soojung. You’re so dead, now,” she cursed herself in low tone.

In the other side, Jongin was busy preparing breakfast in the small kitchen he had. Since it’s only an apartment, she could take a peek to Jongin from the main room. The apartment wasn't so huge, but somehow it screamed a peace. There is no trash, it didn't stink, the wall was clean, and the properties; it was so neat. His place seemed different than most of men’s place—that’s how Soojung’s thought. But, was she ever be in a guy’s home like this?

The answer is obviously no.

She gulped as she decided to walk inside the kitchen, “Is there anything I can help?”

Jongin turned around, he put a plate which full of bread on the table. Then, he dragged a chair to sit down. He looked up at Soojung—who was still really embarrassed—and silently ask her to sit down judged by his gaze. “Nothing, you helped me so much last night.”

Soojung could only nodded, and sit down.

“I made a sandwich for you, sorry if it’s taste isn't really great, but I can guarantee you it’s eatable. And, a tea for you since I don't know what do you prefer,” Jongin looked right into Soojung’s eyes again, “You didn't answer my question before.”

“I’m sorry,” she said.

“Stop saying sorry, uhm, Soojung. You didn't do anything wrong.”

“But I slept on your bed, uh, with you, and.. uh, I made you preparing breakfast for a stranger like me.”

Jongin seemed like he—almost—chuckled, “You did so much for me, just take it as a return.”

“Ah,” Soojung nodded, “Okay.”

The silence was filling the room while they silently eat their breakfast. It was really awkward, but somehow it felt so peaceful. Ten minutes has passed, and Soojung couldn’t take it anymore. She was about to open again when Jongin startled her.

“I was the one who asked you to take a nap beside me, right?” Jongin asked, “E-eh?” Soojung raised her eyebrow, feeling lost, before nodding and replied, “Yeah, and I was so sleepy then I can't wake up until I saw you beside me.”

“You must be really tired, I’m sorry for bothering you. I forgot I could lost my consiousness when I drunk.”

“Hmm, Seulgi told me that last night.”

“Speaking of her, please, don't blame her. I was the one who ask her to take someone with her. She was already helping me so much, I don't want her to feel bad so I think ask someone to accompany us is great idea. She was always there when I need her.”

“She is a great friend,” Soojung agreed.

“Yeah,” Jongin smiled. “I thought I will end up wake in the restaurant and a cleaning service would nagged at me, asking me to leave—but, I didn't. You didn't leave me,” Jongin stared at her, again.

For a moment, Soojung lost her words. She was feeling awkward when he looked at her that way. Like, really, no one ever stared at her that way—even a guy! How could she lost her coldness when this guy stared at her like this?!

“I, I just didn't want to remembered as someone who’s mean,” she stated, which is lie. She knew how many people think she is mean, and harsh, and cold, and—whatever.

“But still, you didn't leave me,” he laughed, “Seulgi is always the one who could stand by me. Most of my friends would nag and get mad whenever I’m in the state like last night, like a stupid guy, a poor guy who couldnt move on, and stuck with the past. Really, people think I’m so stupid to choose to be a broken-hearted man for a long time.”

Well, you are. “Maybe they just want you to pick up yourself and move on. You can't be like that forever.”

Jongin didn't answer. He looked at a cup of coffee he had, thinking about so many advice he got from himself instead. The awkward silence almost eat them again, but he chose to break it.

“Thank you. Anyway, you can clean yourself and be ready. I’m gonna take you home before take you to your office, please, just think I’m doing this as—”

“Return? No, thanks. I’m fine by myself. I’ll just go by taxi and ask Seulgi to take a pair of new clothes for me,” Soojung said as she stood up. She couldnt lost herself to any trap Jongin made, she thought. She always be with herself, for herself.

“Listen, I can't take anything more from you again. Let’s just end our meeting here, thank you for the breakfast, anyway. I’m fine by my own, Jongin-ssi. Please, don't do anything more for me, it’s not like we will meet again. And, can you keep about this for ourselves only? Just don't tell anyone, especially Seulgi, please,” she explained—which surprised Jongin.

“O..okay. But at least, you should clean yourself.”

Soojung nodded, “Do you mind if I borrow your towel? I will give it back to you after I wash it.”

They looked at each other’s eyes. Som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter