; V

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

V

 

The scene of streets made Soojung for awhile shut . There was no words came out from anymore. She silently enjoyed the view of Seoul’s streets behind the car’s window. This trip actually didn't delight her feelings at first, since she two days ago met Jongin again. Some part of her wished he would call or at least text her.

But, no, he didn't greet her after he asked her phone number. Soojung nagged at herself for being stupid, again, why should she wish Jongin would call her. On the other side, she couldn’t help it either.

Fifteen minutes later, they all arrived on their destination. It was a cafe named Kamong. Soojung got off of the car and wandering around the cafe.

“Are you sure our client want to meet us here?” Soojung asked, somehow feeling weird why they didn't want to come to KiraStyle’s office and meet in such a normal cafe.

“Yes, Ms, our client is the owner of this cafe,” a girl answered. Soojung raised eyebrows when she heard the answer, but then she only nodded.

They walked into the cafe, greeted by some waiters in brown uniform. The first thing that crossed her mind when she already inside is, what a very comfortable cafe. Fortunately, there were only some customers in the corners, made that place feel so calm and peaceful.

“Hello, we’re from KiraStyle’s Magazine and we have a meeting with the owner of Kamong Cafe, Mr. Kim.”

“Oh, Mr. Kim hasn’t arrived yet but you can wait for awhile. Please follow this way,” a servant say as he walked to a corner of cafe.

Soojung finally sat down and leaned her back to sofa. She put her bag on the table and wandering around cafe. Then, her eyes moved to watched a servant that talked to her juniors in manner tone. She nodded a bit, leaving them in sort conversation.

“Ms, do you want to order anything?”

“No, I’ll just wait here and help you to talk with the owner later.”

“But it will look weird if it’s just us who order drinks,” her junior replied.

“Sunhwa, I don't even know why should Seulgi send me here when this is actually her job. I am a editor, not a marketing person. You should be thankful since I agree to this, instead of asking me ordering any drinks,”

“Or you can simply take my words as, I am not thirsty,” she ended her words while glaring at the two juniors in Marketing Division who were sitting on her right side.

They finally nodded while turned her head in flatered look. She bit her lips before saying “I guess our order is enough til now, we’ll call you later if we need more,” to the waiter.

The waiter bowed in understanding before leaving them alone. Soojung sighed as she watched him leaving. There, she showed her bored look. Again, she felt regret after agreeing to Seulgi to subtitute her as KiraStyle’s representative.

 It was all started when their Head Directors ask Seulgi to meet up with Kamong’s owner about their contract. Since Seulgi still feeling unwell—when she asked a help from Soojung—plus Soojung in the middle of having less works—comparing than two days ago—Soojung finally agreed  to help Seulgi.

“You sure I’ll just listen to your conversation with Mr. Kim and add some things if you forget to mention them, right?”

“Yes, Ms.”

“Okay,” Soojung shortly replied.

“Anyway, Ms. Jung, I’m sorry for bringing you here. We’re just following Ms Kang order, she said she has talked to you about this matter.”

“Yeah, yeah, it’s okay. She’s right, you don't have to worry.”

“We’re really really sorry, Ms Jung Soojung,” Sunhwa finally said. She was actually feeling scared to work with Soojung, the rumors that already spreading about her is really no joke. Juniors knew how scary Ms. Jung is, how bold Ms. Jung is, and such. And, today she felt like she just got a nightmare came true.

Soojung’s sigh can be heard again. She finally looked to two juniors, “It’s okay. You don't have to scare of me, Sunhwa, Mina. Since we’re not in the same division, let’s just drop the formalities okay? It’s tiring to have same look from all of juniors, to be honest.”

Mina looked speechless, “Nde? No, no, we’re okay. We’re just feeling—”

“Afraid of me. I know. I don't bite human so relax,” Soojung cut her off.

The next second Mina and Sunhwa didn't say anything. They thought this is the best way to relax theirselves. They didn't want to hear any words from Soojung anymore so they decided to be quiet. After two full of feel-like-hell minutes, a waiter come to serve their orders.

“I hope you all can wait a little bit more, Mr. Kim said he almost reach this place.”

“We understand,” Mina replied with a smile.

And silence came again. Soojung was almost dying in boredom because of the silence. But then, the main door finally opened. A figure of tall tanned man walked inside the cafe, greeted by waiter and waitress who bowed down when they saw him.

Mina, who saw him patted Sunhwa’s arm, “Mr. Kim is here,” she said.

Soojung moved up her head lazily, feeling too bored to started this called meeting with cafe’s owner. She was about to ask something when her eyes darted to a familar man in front of her.

“Jongin?”

“Wait, Soojung?”

They asked same question in the same time, looked exactly same blank as they found eyes to each other. Soojung finally stood up—well, she still should well-mannered to her partner—though she still clueless about this.

“Wait, I thought Seulgi is the representative of today?” Jongin asked. Then, he glanced at two clueless juniors who looked as confuse as Soojung, “And you are..?”

“Seulgi said she is still feeling unwell so she said—ah, . I understand now,” she cursed.

“Mr. Kim? I am Mina and this is Sunhwa, we’re the representatives of Marketing Division of KiraStyle, and this is—”

“Soojung, I know,” he cut her words. “

“Excuse me, but, do both of you already knew each other?” Sunhwa carefully asked. Since she heard the way Soojung called Jongin’s name informally and vice versa, she guessed they are close friends.

“Yes,” both Jongin and Soojung replied in unison, made Mina and Sunhwa exchanged glance and smiled.

Soojung sighed, “Let’s just start this meeting and talk about our personal matter later,” she said.

Jongin nodded as he sat down in front of Soojung. He kept staring at Soojung who was still looking clueless—and mad—with those frowns on her forehead. He couldn’t help but smirked to the girl in front of him. Well, he started to think today won’t be another bad day.

Should I say thank you to Seulgi later? He thought, before turned his head to Mina and Sunhwa—who’s ready to explain things about their contract.

**

“Thank you for your time today, Mr. Kim. I hope you’ll enjoy your break and be our partner in the future later,” Sunhwa said with a smile.

Jongin nodded his head as he shakes hand with Mina, Sunhwa, then turned to Soojung—which both of them found really awkward—he smiled at the best he could show, “It’s my pleasure too. I will confirm to KiraStyle later if we’re ready to be partners again.”

“We’ll wait, Mr. Kim,” Mina replied.

Then, Mina turned to Soojung—who still with her unreadable face—she smiled, “Ms. We’re going to office to turn the car before we go home. Do you wanna come with us or you’ll just go straight home?”

“We can take you home before we turn the car,” Sunhwa added.

Soojung shook her head, “I’m fine by myself. You both can go now, I’ll just take taxi later.”

Both Mina and Sunhwa nodded, they finally picked their papers and saying goodbye. They both walked away from Jongin and Soojung, who’s finally left alone. Before both of them reached door, Mina took a glance to Soojung, “Do you think they have affair?” she whispered to Sunhwa.

Sunhwa smirked, “I think so. They looked uncomfortable during our meeting before.”

 

 

Jongin cleared his throat as he watched Soojung. “Aren’t you going home?” he asked. In the other side, Soojung tilted her head and sighing, “I can't believe Seulgi tried to be a cupid between us!” she shriek.

“What cupid?”

“She tried to make us as couple, don't you realize it?!”

Jongin frowned, “What, wait I don't understand.” She looked really uncomfortable now, which made Jongin a little bit worry. Is she really don't want to meet him?

Is he that bad?

Soojung took a deep breathe before started explaining, “This. I just realized ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter