; XVIII

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XVIII

 

Days passed after Jongin’s comeback to his work. He thought no one gonna miss him, but he was wrong, since the first day of his appearance on Kamong all of his employees greeted him really nicely. Some of them even showed their pleasure to meet Jongin, the one who owned and ruled Kamong since three years ago.

He became busy, more than he thought. A lot of things should be fixed soon. It was internal problem, and Xiumin didn't want to interfere much about their internal matters. However, Jongin still very grateful to Xiumin’s work during his break.

Now it was really time to do his job. First of all, he should evaluate his employee’s job.

 

“Did Xiumin hyong tell you to not smiling to our customers?” everyone in the kitchen became silent as soon as they heard Jongin’s stern voice.

He stared at one of his new employee. As soon as Jongin remembered, this boy just got his job four months ago. He expected him to be nice to customers since his appearance looking friendly. But something opposite happened one hour ago.

So they were, most of waiters were collected inside kitchen as Jongin’s wish.

“I’m sorry, Sir. I’m just not in a good mood.”

Jongin scoffed, “That’s not how you do your job, Hee. I don't want to hear such a thing as an excuse.” He turned his body and walked around them really really slowly.

“I want all of you to be nice and friendly to everyone who entered this cafe, no matter how bad your day is, no matter how is that person to you. I thought you all already knew this matter, huh?”

He stopped his walk, “Don't bring your personal matter here to your work place. Kamong is known as cafe which spread good vibe. I don't want to hear anyone say bad things about this place, do you all understand?”

His eyes moved from side to side, watching all of his waiters really carefully. Until he met his eyes with one of his waiter, who dared himself to look back at his boss. Jongin and him exchanged stares for a while until he sighed and back to his first place.

“I know some of you might not agree with what I just said now, since so of you saw how angry I was days ago when I met someone,” he started. Jongin then turned his back and looked straight to his employees, “I acknowleged it as my mistakes, and I admit I shouldn’t do that for Kamong’s sake.”

“However, I wish no one would do such a thing like me in the future, or else that person must face me personally.” Jongin straightened his body, “Same thing goes to me. If I do that again in the future, some of you must remind me, personally.”

He pointed at the door, “Now the meeting is dismissed, you all can go back to work.”

 

 

Jongin let out a sigh as soon as he leaned to the chair. The cafe almost empty, of course, it was already nine pm. Jongin expected people decided to go home earlier since sky outside seemed so dark since noon. However, things didn't go the same way with him.

It was a long tiring day, Jongin admitted. He just finished checking the financial report of last month and gladly everything was still under control. Jongin was about to close his eyes when bell on main door ringing as a sign someone come in.

His eyes opened again, found a tall woman walked inside. Her hair tied up into a ponytail, her face looked like she just clear her make ups. Bare faced and tired face.

They exchanged looks, then Jongin was the first who break the contact looking at somewhere else. He remained silent for a while, trying to remember that woman. She didn't look strange for him, in some ways.

On the other side, that woman kept walking to order some drinks. She smiled after ordering and looking again at Jongin. He seemed serious with his phone, she thought. At first she hesitate it, but then she decided to come towards Jongin.

“Uh, hey,” she greeted Jongin, made the guy looked up and seemed surprised at her presence. “You are..Jongin, right?”

Jongin suddenly rose from his seat, “Yes, I am the owner of this cafe, do you need any help, Miss?”

That woman laughed a bit, “Aniyo, I just want to talk to you. I am Sooyoung, anyway,” she smiled as she gave a hand to handshake.

He looked at Sooyoung for a while, then he grabbed her hand. “Kim Jongin imnida, please sit down here.”

“Thank you, I hope I don't bother you in any way, Jongin?” she took a seat in front of him and put down handbag on the table.

“You don’t, I’m just taking a rest here.”

“Sorry to disturb your free time,” Sooyoung apologized.

“No, you are not. What do you want to talk?”

“Ah, about that.. We have met before this, do you remember me, perhaps?”

For seconds Jongin looked lost. He was sure he met this woman somewhere in the past, but still he couldn’t remember the exact time. Plus this was the first time he heard her name. Sooyoung, where did he ever heard this name? Never?

Sooyoung smiled warmly, “I am Choi Sooyoung, Oh Sehun’s step sister. We met few weeks ago in there,” she pointed at a corner of cafe, “I was the one who dragged him out of here when he talked to you personally.”

Then it hitted him. Ah. Of course he remembered her but he hasn’t hear her name before. How could he forget that incident, anyway? It was stupid back then, he almost discredit his own cafe by himself.

“Ah, that woman is you? Sorry, I don't really remember you but I felt like we’ve met before,” Jongin finally gave a simple smile to her.

“It’s not a problem,” Sooyoung said right before a waiter came to them and put down her order. She whispered a small thank you to the waiter and back to Jongin. “Actually I want to apologize about his attitude to you.”

Jongin frowned, “Sorry, but, who?”

“Sehun, of course.” She took sugar sachet and rip them off, “I know you both is not in good term, nor you were. I am just a step sister of him, but you can say I know a lot about him.”

“I am sorry for what he did to you back in high school, and few weeks ago here. He is actually a nice kid, though I am sure you won’t agree with me about that,” Sooyoung gave Jongin a look. “Sehun is just doesn't know how to act nice around you, he is naturally cocky and sassy.”

Jongin gave a poker face, since he didn't really know how to react to her words. She was just Sehun’s step stister, but she dared herself talk to Jongin and apologize about her step brother’s bad attitude. How nice was that? Very nice, Jongin admitted.

If only Sehun could be as nice as his step sister.

“He sometimes likes that too to me, it’s just he doesn't show much since he doesn't want to hurt his Mom. I don't know about truly your feelings to him, but I guess you hate him, right?”

He stayed silent for seconds.

“I guess anyone will hate him if they were in my place. He tried to get rid of me in the past,” Jongin coldly reply. “Or you can say, he tried to kill me.”

Sooyoung smiled faintly, “I know, he was that bad. But Sehun right now isn't him in the past. He has changed, Jongin. I hope you understand, he may looked though and rude to you now but he is no longer hold a grudge to you about the past.”

“Really? About everything?”

Sooyoung seemed to think for a while, but then she nodded, “Everything, perhaps.”

Jongin smiled, “But I guess you don't know him well what’s going on his mind, noona. He doesn't tell you about his feelings, does he?”

“It doesn't matter, I think. He doesn't talk much about you like he did before, which is good. He used to talk about his hate towards you but it stopped since long time ago.”

As much as Jongin wanted to believe it, he just couldn’t. He knew Sehun, Jongin was so sure Sehun won’t forgive him that easily. Because that was happen to him. He knew, Sehun won’t let it pass just like that.

“I understand, noona. You love him as your brother, but you should know this is not your matter. So, you don't have to talk about this to me,” Jongin sat up from his seat, “But thank you for your concern, you are nice enough to apologize about his mistake.”

And just like that, Jongin left Sooyoung by herself. He didn't want to talk any longer, before things went uncontrolable like before. He didn't want to talk about that, not when it only reminded him about his fault to Sehun.

*

 

 

 Soojung stared at her computer screen for a while. She stayed still though her works still need some touchs to finished it. Her mind couldn’t help but think about Sehun’s words few days ago. She didn't want to believe him easily, but somehow, truthfully speaking, she could feel the sincerety about Sehun.

Well, she didn't know him personally. People—mostly Jongin and Seulgi—told stories about him, speaks as if he was a part of gangster and she should abadoned him. She even felt annoyed by the way he acts and speaks towards her, of course, she won’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter