; XIV

When I and You Become Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XIV

 

It was a thick awkward silence inside Jongin’s car. No one even started the conversation since five minutes ago. Jongin didn't seem like he wanted to saying anything, judging by his face. Soojung took a glance to the guy beside her before breaking the ice, “What are we doing here?”

As much as he wanted to angry because Sehun’s sudden presence, he just couldn’t ignore her. Well, at first he could. But then who could resist someone like Soojung who asked in soft tone, after what happened between both of them? He must break the ice and control his own emotion.

“I don't know either, Soojung. I..I’m sorry, I just can’t think straight,” Jongin turned his face to look at her and sighed.

“What are you thinking right now? You never looked so angry like this before,” Soojung leaned to the chair, her beautiful eyes looked back at the guy she used to get mad at.

“How do you know him? How did both of you met?” with unusual voice he asked, his eyes blinked several times showed how worried he is right now.

“You mean that jerk?”

Jongin nodded, “you called him jerk?”

Soojung shrugged, “He is really pain in the , of course I call him with names.  Unfortunately he is one of new models for KiraStyle, I and him met on last Monday’s morning.”

He closed his eyes when he heard he is one of new models for KiraStyle. So he is working with Soojung starts from now, Jongin thought. “You didn't tell me anything about it.”

“Blame yourself, I planned to tell you on Tuesday when you cancelled the plan to visit me during lunch. Do you remember that?”

He looked lost, which was really rare. He messed up things by himself. He could have ignore his friends and went to Soojung’s office straightfully that day so that he would days before. Now, he felt like a little .

“I’m sorry,” he finally said. Sadly, Soojung didn't reply him.

“Soojung,” Jongin called. “I said I will make it up to you, didn’t I?”

Soojung didn't bother to reply yet they both still looked at each other. She wanted to say yes, but she just can’t. She was not in the mood to begin with, and they talk about their misunderstanding was something she doesn't want to do yet. She wanted to say it loud to Jongin, but she just can’t. It probably would hurt him once again and Soojung doesn't want it to happen.

It’s complicated, I am complicated, she thought.

“Tell me, why were you so soft minutes ago then you give me silent treatment right now?”

“Are we gonna talk about this inside your car? In front of my office?” she finally replied

“Just let make it clear, everything. Then we will move to somewhere,” he replied. This time, he wouldn’t let misunderstanding lead them into something worse.

Soojung sighed, “I am complicated and I’m not gonna say sorry for that. You suddenly came and went so angry when you saw him—though I don't like him—made me so confuse. What are you doing? Why are you getting mad? I want to ask you a lot of questions, but then, I remember how you forgetting about my presence last Monday.”

“I’m not forgetting you. I said I need to met up with my friend, didn’t I? You’re the one who tell me to not mind you when I am with my friends.”

“But you don't know how terrible my day was.”

“Of course I don't. You didn't tell me,” Jongin replied.

“So this is my fault? For not telling you?” she raised her voice a bit.

The mood between them became intense once again. Soojung stared at him with unfriendly face, so did Jongin.

“It’s no one fault,” Jongin whispered. “I wasn’t talking to you for the whole day last Monday, I have no idea what is happening,” he paused.

“But I have uneasy feeling even before I called you. I called because I felt something bad happen but you said you will talk to me later, so it’s no one’s fault. You gave me space and I tried to keep things up between us.”

Soojung bowed down her head. When she knew Jongin was a gentleman, she felt terrible. He didn't blame her, she knew he wouldn’t. It made her felt she is the worst. She was so angry at him, for not spares his time for her, for not calling her in few days, for not being there with her when she need him. She was so angry that she couldn’t even think about his feelings.

“Now I’m here, so let’s just stop giving silent treatment for each other. It won’t bring us any good,” Jongin said while his hand moved slowly to touch her hand.

There, he held her hand in slow pace. He rubbed it back and forth. He touched it carefully before he really hold it tightly.

“Tell me how do you feel, let me know what’s going on your mind.”

Soojung shook her head, “I felt bad towards you. I’m not that kind of girl who will understand you without you tell me. I’m bad at socializing with people, Jongin. Now I really don't know how to face you.”

“You’re not bad, let be honest to each other and we will be fine.”

“How can I meet someone as kind as you?”

Jongin let out a chuckle, “I’m not that kind. For the past days you know I can be an too.”

She looked up at him back, with her hand still on his embrace. Soojung held his hand back, “Stop blaming yourself.”

“You too, seriously, stop.”

“Okay,” she replied with a smile. “Are we going to stay here for the whole night?”

Jongin glanced around them. It was dark already. Luckily the street still full of so many cars passing by and lot of lights still can be seen.

“Where do you want to go for dinner?” he asked while turning on the engine. “Anything is fine for me,” she replied.

They didn't speak for while as Jongin started driving and leaving KiraStyle’s building. As expected, they met the red light as soon as they went on to streets. Soojung leaned closer to Jongin—which he found a bit suprising—and the radio.

“How about we order foods and stay on your place? We have a lot of things to catch up,” Soojung said.

“I prefer your place, since you don't have to think much about what do you have to wear tomorrow morning,” Jongin replied with a slight smirk.

She arched an eyebrow and slapped his arm playfully, “Don't tease me. Fine, my place and let’s order Japanese foods!”

“I hate sushi,” he groaned.

“I said Japanese foods not sushi, you idiot.”

“Let’s just order something else, I’m not in the mood to Japanese foods,” he tried to persuade her.

Soojung rolled her eyes, “Anything except japanese foods and it’s your treat.” She rested her head on chair and let herself loosened up her body as she enjoying the music from radio. Beside her she could sense Jongin smiled happily,  “Deal!”

*

 

 

They went to a restaurant and ordered some foods. Unfortunately, today the restaurant they chose had a lot of customers and full of people. Seemed like because today is Friday which that’s mean tomorrow is Saturday and people preparing to welcome weekend happily. Jongin looked at Soojung, who’s walking right beside him. Her face didn't say much, but still, Jongin felt guilty because he was the one who recommend this restaurant.

He leaned closer to Soojung and grabbed her hand. It was a bit surprising for both of them, but none of them take back their hand and ignore the skinship. Jongin let Soojung sat on waiting room, since there was only one seat left. Jongin carefully took a glance to Soojung, who was still busy with her phone.

“Are you okay if we still ordering foods from here?” Jongin asked really carefully, that made Soojung looked up to him and gave a frown, “Of course, why are you asking such a question?”

Jongin shrugged, tried to act normally, “I just don't want you to wait too long.”

Soojung turned off her phone and put it back to her bag. She shook her head, which Jongin found it was really adoreable. “It’s not a problem,” she slowly slipped her hand on Jongin’s and hold it tightly. Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter