Chapter 31

The Bad Boy With Big Brown Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Onew scowls as he watches Jonghyun walk into the cafeteria, but walks towards Yumi's table, and takes a seat. Sehun and Kai lift their hands up to high five him, and Jonghyun stares at them, before high fiving them with a chuckle. Onew rolls his eyes as he lovingly pats Yumi's head, who giggles as she starts to talk about the cafeteria food.

"Hyung watch this." Minho says as he balances an M&M on his nose, then moves it towards his mouth. He laughs at himself as he hits the table, proudly chewing on the sweet.

"Eat." Sica says as she motions him to her food. She sighs as he ignores her, so she lifts up her sandwich and looks at him like 'eat-now'. He sighs before taking a bite, softly smiling at her, and she returns with a bright smile. "Just let him be." she mutters.

"I've never seen him so happy hyung." Key says.

"It doesn't matter how happy he is." Onew replies.

"Of course it matters!" Key replies. "What if you couldn't be with noona just because I told you so?" he reasons. "You would HATE me."

Taemin nods his head as he pops a chip into his mouth. Onew sighs. "Look, I like Yumi. But the reality is, they cannot be together. Not only is she their sister, but if we're right, she's his daughter. He's been there for us since forever, imagine if Yumi was a daddys girl." he says with a roll of his eyes. "Jonghyun would be dead. I'm saving him the heartbreak."

"I think he feels worse because it was one of us that told him." Minho says.

The others nod their head and Sica squeezes Onew's hand reassuringly.

 

After school

 

Yumi giggles as Jonghyun her hand that was covering his mouth. "Ew!" she says as she wipes it on his uniform.

He rolls his eyes as he holds her hand, as they continue walking out of school. "Oh sure, you hate when it your hand, but when it's in your mouth your moan-"

"Jjongie!" she whines as she tugs on his hand.

He laughs as she scowls at him.

"Jonghyun." His laugh quieten as he stares foward, being replaced with a frown.

"Hyung." he says coldly. He somewhat shields Yumi, his left arm in front of her. "What is it?"

Onew clears his throat. "We need to see him." Jonghyun was about to reply. "Now." Onew adds.

"I'll just take Yumi home." he says.

"Bring her."

Jonghyun's eyes widen. "What the hell are you talking about?! I'm not gonna bring her!" he scoffs. "Are you crazy."

"Jonghyun." Yumi whispers.

He looked back at her and relaxes a bit. "Bring her." Onew repeats.

Jonghyun sighs. "Fine."

Yumi's eyes widen as Jonghyun pulls her along. She looks at the members, who part away, leaving her, Jonghyun and Onew. "W-wait where are we going?"

"Just trust me." Jonghyun mutters. "Just stay close to me." he says as they continue walking.

"But where are we going?" she repeats.

"We're seeing our leader."

 

Onew takes a deep breath before pressing the right button to buzz at his office. Immediately, the door opens and they walk up the stairs. Before opening the door, he looks at Yumi softly. "I'm sorry." he says, then opens the door.

"Lee Jinki and Kim Jonghyun."

They walk in and Yumi stays behind Jonghyun. "Sir." they both greet.

His chair swirls around, the usual cloud of smoke surrounding him. Yumi winces in disgust as she breathes in the smoke. "Yuck." she mutters.

Jonghyun gives her a warning look and she smiles apologetically whilst squeezing his hand.

"Who's that?" he asks, then looks at Onew hardly. "You know me better than this Jinki, never bring anyone else but Kim Jonghyun."

"This is Jung Yumi." Jonghyun says proudly, usherimg Yumi to step forward.

"Hello." Yumi says awkwardly as she waves. "Nice to meet you sir."

His eyebrows furrow. "Jung Yumi?" he mutters. He clears his throat as he stands up.

Onew raises his eyebrow. He never stood up from his chair ever since he'd been coming here. The only thing he did was swivel his chair around and smoke.

"That's my name sir." Yumi says with a sheepish smile. She coughs a bit as she waves away the air of smoke around her. "You know sir..." she starts as she steps in front of Jonghyun. "Smoking is very bad for you. Smoking is a no-no."

 

Flashback

 

"Appa!~" a little five-year-old runs ahead of her brothers and jumps into the air, expecting her father to catch her straight away.

"My little baby!" he says with a loud chuckle, throwing her in the air, making her giggle. "You're not meant to be in here!" he says jokingly crossly. "Where are your brothers?" he asks, knowing they were probably running around the house trying to find her.

She giggles with a shrug as she crashes her face back onto her fathers shoulder, hugging him with a giggle. "They're too slow." she says. "They can't keep up with me!" she says with her head up high.

The othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter