Emergency

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

I took a step towards the Man in Black, no pun intended. I watched him took a small gentlemen step towards me. We were only a few metres apart.

The night was silent, only the soft background music from the ballroom could be heard. My heart was beating so fast, I’ve never met a boy alone, let alone in the dark. I held my hands against my chest afraid that he might hear it.

He chuckled.

“You’re beautiful.” He spoke with a voice so familiar. I didn’t realise it then when he was behind the fountain.

“T..Thank y..you.” I blushed, even though it was too dark to be visible to his eyes I bet my stuttering already gave me away. I tried to search for his eyes, but the contrasting mask hid it perfectly. I scanned his sleek figure again cautiously. Have I seen him before?

He gestured for me to sit, patting the space beside him. I took a deep breath quietly and walked nervously to him. The background music changed. It was playing Secrets by One Republic now. Well that was quite relevant to the situation I was caught in at this moment. I felt like snatching his mask away to reveal what gorgeous face he was hiding beneath. I heard him took a deep breath too.

“So, we’ve finally met.” I could see his face a little more clearly now, but obviously I lacked guts to look directly at him. I took short side glances. He had a smirk on his face. The mask covered most of his facial features, unfortunately I could only see his lips. But I find it strangely familiar too. Imagining things again huh Ji Hye?

“Um.” I nodded slightly and played with my fingers.

“I have something to tell you.” His tone suddenly serious. I waited for him to begin but his voice never came.

Tell me what you want to hear, something that were like those years, sick of all these insincere, I’m gonna give all my secrets away~~

The lyrics were clearer now that my ears had accustomed to the silence. I was getting a little impatient and frustrated at the same time. Why wasn’t my eyes getting use to the darkness?! Screw you night blindness. I want to see him clearer.

“So. What is it? Are you ever gonna take that mask off?” I urged with great disdain in my tone. I bet he could make that out at least.

“Well…”

*RINGTONE* WHOT MY PHONE HAVE TO RING NOW?! I dug my phone out from my bag; Jin Ah. I flipped it open in an instant.

“Yes?”

“YA YA YA JIHYE YA YOU HAVE TO HURRY HAVE YOU MET HIM? OMG NOW JUST GRAB HIM AND GO AND WHATEVER OMG SHIZZ YOU HEAR ME NOW NOW FASTER! –BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH-“

“YA YA JIN AH CAN YOU AT LEAST SPEAK SLOWER I CANT HEAR YOU CLEARLY OMG.” Jin Ah was speaking too fast that I can’t even catch her blabbering. I had no choice but to whisper as loudly as possible, aware that there was actually a guy beside me.

“O….KAAAYYYY… SO JI HYE YOUR STEP MOM CAME TO PROM. ANNNDDDDD SHE IS LEAVING WITH YOUR STEP SISTERS IN 10 MINUTES. YOU WANT TO DIE OR YOU WANT TO LEAVE? IM IN MY CAR IN THE PARKING LOT. NOW FLY HERE NOW! I HAD TO DITCH MY DEULLIE FOR YOU. YOU SEE WHAT I DID HERE. NOW JUST GRAB HIM OR NONONONO JUST. RUN. HERE. RIGHT. NOW!”

My mouth hung opened for a few seconds before snapping back to reality. OH GAWD THIS IS BAD. I was too excited in meeting him that I’ve forgotten about my stepmom completely. I looked at the time – 11:58PM. OH MY GAWD NOT GOOD NOT GOOD.

I turned to face him quickly.

“I…err…I…err… I GOT TO LEAVE SO… WHAT DO YOU WANNA SAY?” my voice sounded retarded and almost hysterical already. It wasn’t the time to worry about me being demure and all, this is an emergency.

His shoulders dropped a little and I could see that his eyes were showing disappointment and shock. After all these while, I only had the courage to look at him now. I waited for his response, fiddling with my fingers rapidly. He reached into his tuxedo and took out something; a book. He handed it to me without a word.

I took it immediately and got up preparing to break into a run. “Thankyou I’ll text you once I get home. You know how my stepmom will kill me. Right?” I didn’t’ wait for his reply and turned my back from him walking quickly towards the ballroom.

Suddenly a warm hand grabbed mine and I gasped at the warm touch on my skin. I was cold remember?

“I know a shortcut. Come with me.”