Heartache

✧・:♥ A HEARTBEAT AWAY ♥:・✧

 

TA-DUMP, TA-DUMP, TA-DUMP, TA-DUMP…

Oh for god sake my heart was thumping ferociously against my chest. I needed to take constant deep breaths to calm down.

I almost tripped over my own left leg.

But I knew this was one only chance so I took a peek at their direction. Shinwoo took a sip of his orange flavoured Tropicana and Jinyoung just stared at his water. I wondered why he always had no appetite.

I crushed the handkerchief in my palms and tucked my fist into the front pocket of the apron that I was wearing. Taking one last deep breath, I walked over SLOWLY. No, I was kind of walking on my toes. OH GAWD WHOT IS THIS SUSPENSE HERE.

“Ji Hye-ah you wanna sit with us?” Shinwoo asked with his gorgeous eye smile. Then his gorgeous face turned into a frown when I didn’t answer. I was looking at Jinyoung’s hands, tracing the brim of the glass silently. I didn’t bother to answer him. That was impolite I knew but I was rehearsing “conversation 101” in my head at that moment. Shinwoo pulled my hand and nodded lightly.

SERIOUSLY IS HE LIKE EDWARD CULLEN’S LONG LOST BROTHER OR WHAT?

“Jinyoung I need to go, I forgot I’m meeting Baro later. Gotta run! See ya at home!”

“um.”

WELL THAT'S SOME REEEAALLLY NICE REPLY JINYOUNG. Shinwoo pat my shoulders lightly before he left. Of course, not forgetting his trademark wink.

“Erm, Jinyoung? Can I sit down?” I didn’t wait for him to reply. I sat down opposite him immediately taking my half-sweaty fist out cautiously. He didn’t look up, he was still tracing the brim.

I THINK THAT POOR GLASS WON’T WANT YOU TO KEEP UALLY HARRASS IT OKAY NOW LOOK AT ME SO I CAN TALK.

“So..”

“Err so..”

“Yes?”

“What? Oh okay.. so.. this, returning this back to you.” I lay the half-crushed handkerchief flat on the table.

He stared at it without words, so I started talking. But his expressions seemed to have softened.

“So, not that I care or what. B..but I was interested in this.” I pointed at the two initials “J.H.” on the handkerchief.

He looked stumped, his lips parted slightly. I watched him warily, almost afraid he would start scolding me for being too nosy. I lowered my head and squeezed my eyes shut, waiting.

I heard him took a deep breath, then I heard his voice. My eyes flew open instantly.

“Ji Hye..” he said my name so ever softly and gently. I realised I’ve actually knew nothing of this man. He was like a total stranger to me. I just knew his name. It pained me knowing that, because he was my decision. Do you know that? Tears welled up at the brim of my eyes. I bit my lips struggling to hold it in.

He paused for a moment and started again.

“You might laugh at me. But I bugged Sandeul to ask his mom to sew it for me. Thankyou for returning it to me. It is important. Thank you. Ji Hye.” His short laugh sounded so bitter. Why would I laugh at this? It is important huh.. maybe it’s for your girlfriend or ex-girlfriend? I flinched at that thought. That ache in my heart was back again.

“Oh.. y..you’re welcome. So.. I’ll..I’m going back to work I think Ji Hyo needs me. Err see you around in school!”

I got up immediately because my eyes could no longer bear the weight of my tears. Thankfully, Jinyoung was still staring at the table, my sight was getting all fuzzy and I couldn’t allow myself to be seen by him, especially like this. I kept my pace steady and headed straight in the direction of the kitchen. Ji Hyo was there, I know if I’m ever going to break down, it would be IN THERE.

I pushed open the door. I was such a failure. The warm big droplets won’t stop. I knelt down almost immediately.

“Ji Hye ya, Ji Hye! Ji Hye? Ji Hye ya why? Something happened Ji Hye? Ji Hye hush hush sweetie, everything's fine okay. I'm here baby I'm here.” I could hear Ji Hyo’s worried voice in between my own pathetic sobs. I couldn’t find my voice, I just cried in her arms, again.

I’m so useless, this love is getting out of hand. How can I even face him now? Ji Hye YA! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Alright... T^T sobs. AND OKAY GUYS DONT HATE ME BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I'M CHANGING THE TITLE OF THIS FANFIC. OHOHOHOHO. FORGIVE ME. *TOSS LOLLIPOPS AND SWEETS AND JIN-BISH* 

@Summerturtle1439: YOU'RE WELCOME SWEETIE! DID YOU HAVE A NICE DREAM? KEKEKE
@HeeSeul: B..BURRTT... SHE GAVE HIM BACK. NOOOOOO B'(
@Cassandra1433: I'LL TAKE THAT AS A COMPLIMENT BABEH. \m/ 
@Dreamage: YEAH MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY! I WONDER WHY TOO ACTUALLY. HAHAHA B)